Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Chopsen

Fuck I can't believe I missed that :(
  • beastmaster 26 Mar 2014 20:46:48 11,330 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

I saw them last year doing the soundtrack to the Zidane film live along with the film on a massive HD screen.

The whole experience was stunning.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Armoured_Bear 26 Mar 2014 20:51:24 10,585 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

I saw them last year doing the soundtrack to the Zidane film live along with the film on a massive HD screen.

The whole experience was stunning.
    You lucky bugger!

I've only seen them once before but the hairs were standing up on the back of my neck, I couldn't believe how powerful it was.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• FatSternKikwi 26 Mar 2014 20:57:16 552 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Love Mogwai!

Last time I saw them they were told to turn down the volume because franz ferdinand were playing next door.

Did they fuck
  • AccidentProne 26 Mar 2014 21:18:42 1,162 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't normally wear earplugs for gigs, but I'll make an exception next time I see Mogwai. Ears were ringing for days after. Convinced they were trying for the brown note at the end too.
  • Vortex808 26 Mar 2014 22:03:48 7,073 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :)

They do give good gig.
  • Armoured_Bear 31 Mar 2014 15:24:26 10,585 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mogwai - Volkshaus, Zürich

It really is a special experience to see Mogwai live, they play brilliantly and the incredible dynamics are very stimulating.
    They finished with "Mogwai Fear Satan" and I physically felt a wave hit me when they unleaded the final loud bit.

9/10

Kurt Vile tonight!

• Steve_Perry 31 Mar 2014 15:26:16 3,902 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I saw the Manics in Leeds the other night. Bloody marvellous set and they sound incredible live. Wanted to see them for about 10 years so glad to have that ticked off the list. Would recommend it if there are tickets left to any of the remaining gigs.

Edited by Steve_Perry at 15:28:18 31-03-2014

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Rhaegyr 31 Mar 2014 15:31:28 1,586 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you think Mogwai are loud live you should try Swans.

Could feel my organs shaking.
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2014 15:39:46 59,487 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I saw Leftfield in 1996 and I thought i was going to die. I could feel the contents of my stomach moving.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Zomoniac 31 Mar 2014 15:54:58 7,826 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The loudest gig I ever saw by quite some distance was Electric Eel Shock at Joseph's Well in Leeds. It was literally three days for the ringing to ease off.

I haven't posted in here for ages. Shall try remember what I've seen in the last couple of months.

Amanda Palmer, Manchester Ritz
    On a personal level I can't stand her, and tbh I'm not a massive fan of her studio music, but she is a quite superb performer.

Peter Gabriel, Manchester Arena
    So tour, was so hyped for this but it was a bit of a disappointment, largely due to the sound being completely screwed up (might just be where I sitting, fairly front and dead centre so in the dead spot for the speaker stacks).

The Heavy, somewhere in Sheffield
    Not many bands can groove with energy like that.

Suzanne Vega, Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
    Third time I've seen her do that identical two-person show. And going from the new material, she seems to have lost her mind. Doubt I'd go out of my way to check her next tour unless it has a full band.

MØ, Cockpit, Leeds
    Discovered through a "thing you might like" on Spotify last month, sounded fun and noticed upon checking her site she was playing next to me the next week. Not convinced it could be called 'live' in any traditional sense, vocals, guitar and "DJ" basically setting the rest of the track playing on a laptop, but she has quite the stage presence, and the feeling from being trapped in a very crowded, small, corrugated iron-lined tunnel room with bass so heavy I could feel my skin shaking made up for any other shortcomings.

Martin Harley Band, Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
    The best live band I've ever seen returned to the best music venue I've ever been to. And they did it again.
  • Armoured_Bear 31 Mar 2014 15:58:49 10,585 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Peter Gabriel, Manchester Arena
    So tour, was so hyped for this but it was a bit of a disappointment, largely due to the sound being completely screwed up (might just be where I sitting, fairly front and dead centre so in the dead spot for the speaker stacks).

Pity, did you tell the cunt to stop touring and record some new fucking music?

• PierrePressure 31 Mar 2014 16:33:11 114 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Queens of the Stone Age

Arena show where they just played "the hits", which was a real shame as I generally prefer their older stuff.
    Still decent if a little underwhelming.

7/10
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Apr 2014 22:57:21 10,585 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Joan as Police Woman, Bern

Amazing voice, technically superb band and fantastic stage presence.
    A seriously talented woman.

9/10

• karlo87 23 Apr 2014 00:56:46 1,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just seen bayside and alkaline trio, bayside were awesome but could have done with a bit more older stuff. alk3 played a great set, good mix, and jaked on green beers!
    8/10 for me.

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I’m wankered on Rohypnol.

• BillMurray 15 May 2014 16:11:58 7,701 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iron Chic + Gnarewolves plus others at the Star and Garter, Manchester - 10/10

I really don't go to gigs out of town often enough but this was a blinder. Completely sold out venue and it was brilliant. Well worth it, even though I gained a horrendous cold.

Edited by BillMurray at 16:51:37 16-05-2014
  • dr_swin 15 May 2014 16:57:20 4,887 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed Joan as Police woman as well. Saw her at The Sage - Gateshead. Kudos to anyone who can sing, play guitar, violin and keyboard. The barbershop quartet song they reserved for the encore was great fun.
  • thedaveeyres 18 May 2014 17:59:28 10,884 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Neutral Milk Hotel - Manchester Albert Hall

It takes the promise of something special to get my off my arse these days but I couldn't let this pass without travelling the 60 miles down the road to see this. It's possibly the only opportunity to see one of the most influential bands of my youth perform, my favourite band to boot.

We went into it joking that this was either going to be the best gig of all time or the worst.

10/10 - I don't think I'll ever forget this one. Incredible.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 18:00:29 18-05-2014

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• IronGiant 18 May 2014 23:59:41 4,488 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nine Inch Nails - LG Arena

Nin out of Ten!

Fantastic gig, sound quality was spot on and the visuals were great. Played a diverse selection of tracks from their albums and they were clearly enjoying it as much as the crowd. The drummer, who also played bass on some tracks, was top drawer.
  • jaangus 19 May 2014 00:41:37 188 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @IronGiant

Think nin live is probably the best gig I've been to and I have seen a lot of bands live reznor knows how to put on a show . The worst performance i have seen by some distance was red hot chilli peppers at reading a few years ago absolutely terrible think kiedis was back on the smack. RATM at reading In 2000 was pretty special definitely the most mental Ive ever seem a crowd a gig. Pearl jam are another highlight for me always great live.

Kinda miss the Astoria too saw quite a few gigs there

Edited by jaangus at 00:48:44 19-05-2014
  • Trowel 19 May 2014 01:15:10 17,616 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    Nine Inch Nails - LG Arena

Nin out of Ten!

Fantastic gig, sound quality was spot on and the visuals were great. Played a diverse selection of tracks from their albums and they were clearly enjoying it as much as the crowd. The drummer, who also played bass on some tracks, was top drawer.
    Ah, here's someone else who went - I don't think there's a better band for an all round AV experience. The screen was an incredible backdrop, and the spinning cube LED lights were brilliant to watch - did I imagine the lights being used as lasers to shoot the  crowd at one point? :)
  • gang_of_bitches 20 May 2014 08:49:54 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MC Lars - Surya 8/10

Just an awesome night of Hip-Hop that didn't take itself too seriously in a small venue near Kings Cross, don't think I've had as much fun at a gig in many years. Three good support acts too; Bee Mick See, Malibu Shark Attack and Akira The Don, none of whom I'd ever heard of.
  • Zomoniac 20 May 2014 09:02:13 7,826 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Prince - MEN Arena, 16/05

That was pretty awesome. Great performance, great band. Very sparse on the shinies for an act of that status, very small screens, no pyros, small band. But he can play a bit. The set certainly wasn't what I'd have chosen (nothing from Lovesexy, very little from SotT, 2 minutes of piano from D&P, and Purple Rain is still a terrible song), and there are only so many 4 minute guitar solos in every song I can take before getting a bit bored, but that all detracted little.

• Steve_Perry 20 May 2014 09:44:44 3,902 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm off to see Prince here in Leeds on Friday. Most of the reviews I have seen are positive so I'm looking forward to it.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Armoured_Bear 31 May 2014 21:04:23 10,585 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    St. Vincent -Kaufleuten, Zürich

9/10

Brilliant performer and fuck me, she sure can play guitar.

• OllyJ 13 Jun 2014 16:14:21 3,259 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anathema - Acoustic @ Leamington Assembly

10/10

One of the most underrated bands going, last few albums have been amazing and the performance last night was stunning. Incred scenes.
  • LockeTribal 22 Jul 2014 14:02:37 4,512 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The National - Galway International Arts Festival

9/10

Absolutely fantastic performance, loved every second of it. Last song of the night was Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks , sung in its entirety by the audience. Awesome experience.
  • couloir 23 Aug 2014 23:25:17 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chvrches at sommerset house in July - 8/10. Great performance and amazing venue but the sound was a little off.

Arctic Monkeys at Reading 10/10... I mean I'm watching on BBC3 but they are very good.
  • Page

of 28 First / Last

Next