Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    decaying leaf matter.
    Keep telling yourself that bro.
    I did. A lot.

It probably didn't smell bad enough to be anything else. Having said that, if it was then tackling it gets me extra man points.

I had a long shower afterwards. And I still didn't feel clean. It's possible that I never really will ever again.
    I had to unblock my mum's drain. Thankfully it wasn't the waste pipe, and was pretty much all fat and decaying meat. Was minging.
  • mrpon 28 Oct 2012 15:25:58 28,426 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @docrob sounds like you were stabbing shit to me.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• elstoof 28 Oct 2012 17:11:12 6,602 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    angeltreats wrote:
    My husband owns almost every tool it is possible to own for cutting stuff, drilling stuff, attaching stuff to other stuff, plumbing stuff in etc etc. He even (mostly) knows how to use them. At the moment in our downstairs shower room (because it's raining outside) he has set up a circular saw which he's using to cut bits of pine for boxing in pipes in the new bathroom he's installing and half the house is carpeted with sawdust. The other day he repaired our broken washing machine all by himself.

However, I am manlier than my husband. And the reason is that I sharpen my pencils with a stanley knife, and he uses a girly pencil sharpener.

:)
    You don't want to be boxing in with pine, especially in the bathroom. It'll start bending along the grain as it dries over time and in humid rooms it'll be doubly bendy. WPB ply wood is the stuff to use.
  • angeltreats 28 Oct 2012 18:17:29 2,602 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:

You don't want to be boxing in with pine, especially in the bathroom. It'll start bending along the grain as it dries over time and in humid rooms it'll be doubly bendy. WPB ply wood is the stuff to use.
    Ah he is using plywood for the actual boxing, it's just some of the supporting structure bits that are pine (I think it's pine anyway). There's been a similar structure boxing in a soil pipe in there since about 1962 and it's still as straight as ever.
  • elstoof 28 Oct 2012 18:32:09 6,602 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good stuff ;)

Thick bits of noggin and the like are fine just the thin, wide boards I was giving you heads up on. As you were mr angeltreats!
  • angeltreats 28 Oct 2012 18:36:43 2,602 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elstoof That's mrs :)

Aye we have plenty of thin (although not that thin) ply boards. And random bit of mdf, big thick lengths of pine for building stuff, every kind of nut/bold/screw/bracket you could ever want... The house looks like a lumber yard at the moment.

I don't get involved. I just paint & hang wallpaper and try to avoid the donkey work.
  • LeoliansBro 28 Oct 2012 18:41:05 43,227 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have ten doors in my bedroom. Only three of them are functionally appropriate, the rest are piled up awaiting restoration.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• elstoof 28 Oct 2012 18:45:26 6,602 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    angeltreats wrote:
    @elstoof That's mrs :)
    I aimed that at your husband ;)
  • Khanivor 28 Oct 2012 18:54:23 40,376 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Clamps. A good set of clamps.
  • MikeP 30 Oct 2012 12:35:49 1,767 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I have ten doors in my bedroom. Only three of them are functionally appropriate, the rest are piled up awaiting restoration.
    I hope you're storing them in the approved manner, long side to the floor. If you've got them propped up vertically they're going to bend something chronic over time.
  • smoothpete 5 Nov 2012 06:56:05 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Question.

My friend is moving house next weekend. He is a first time house buyer but probably already owns some of the stuff in this thread. I want to give him something as a "welcome to grown up life" housewarming gift. I was thinking of getting him started with a jam jar partially full of random nails and screws, a long screw driver specifically for opening and stirring pots of paints, and... something else. Like a top quality set of something. Can't think what. No not a fleshlight or dildos, I'm sure they have plenty of things like that already. Maybe a spade? It will be his first garden ownership too. Ideas?

I got his missus a really pretty silver bell that she can ring when she requires tea or wine
  • Tonka 5 Nov 2012 07:10:27 20,010 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flashlight.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• ED209 5 Nov 2012 08:10:55 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka Fleshlight.

Samantha Janus?

• mrpon 5 Nov 2012 08:13:50 28,426 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A really pretty gold bell that he can ring whenever he wants a blowjob.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• mal 5 Nov 2012 08:23:21 22,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's amazing how adaptable Pavlov's dog has got after all these years.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Alastair 5 Nov 2012 08:31:35 15,431 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you're getting him a spade, you might want to splash out on a stainless steel one - I believe the mud doesn't stick to them so much.
    Better than a spade though, would be a good pair of secaturs, or a pruning saw. Seems to me there's a lot of peeps out there that have no clue on pruning bushes (matron!) or hedges and they let parts of their garden get horribly overgrown.

For indoors, a decent powerful drill (cabled not cordless) and some decent drill bits.

Not as nice as I used to be

• mal 5 Nov 2012 08:33:31 22,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, and...

You are my everything. You are my awl.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• smoothpete 5 Nov 2012 08:39:49 31,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He has a drill, and a torch. I'd get a machete but it probably wouldn't arrive in time.
  • Alastair 5 Nov 2012 08:43:08 15,431 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Real men own more than one drill.
    And more than one torch.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Load_2.0 5 Nov 2012 08:47:30 18,879 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I want to give him something as a "welcome to grown up life" housewarming gift.
  • elstoof 5 Nov 2012 09:11:11 6,602 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An outdoor propane gas burner for melting vats of tar, light metal forging and getting a 10 gallon homebrew boil under way.
  • warlockuk 5 Nov 2012 09:18:16 19,133 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep, that'll make you a sexual tyrannosaurus...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• mcmonkeyplc 29 May 2013 09:49:00 39,384 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Alright Geezers?

I have a problem with my toilet. It appears to want to become Niagara falls at random times and also flush at random times.

I've tried cleaning the valve of the flush mechanism (the part that opens up to let the water go from the flush container into the actual bowl) and that hasn't helped the random flush problem.

The only way to stop Niagara falls when it happens is to lift the water meter thing (the thing that determines if more water is needed in the flush water container). I have no idea why that get's stuck in the down position but if it happens when I'm not there, and it probably has, it'll cost me a fortune in water.

Any idea what I should do apart from replace the entire flush system?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 22 First / Last