The World's End - new Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright film

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • paul_haine 3 Apr 2008 13:18:15 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From here:

"The World's End: the final installment in what Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright have called their three-flavour Cornetto trilogy. The working title can be revealed today, but what the genre might be is another question. Asked by the Guardian if it suggested a sci-fi/doomsday theme, Wright said: "It's kind of going in that direction.""
  • PES_Fanboy 3 Apr 2008 13:21:22 14,860 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I predict it'll be wildly funny at the cinema the first time, but then 'meh' on repeated viewings / on DVD.

7/10
  • GrandTheftApu 3 Apr 2008 13:21:32 6,119 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Run Fatboy Run has made me wonder if I ever want to see Simon Pegg on a cinema screen again.
  • Hunam 3 Apr 2008 13:23:03 20,674 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this like the last fim the two will write together then? I do like their films, while not the best films made have a great charm that I really like.
  • absolutezero 3 Apr 2008 13:32:13 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its funny that Pegg and Wright always get the credit but its the fact that Nick Frost appears in these that actually makes me want to watch them.

I know its writing and directing all that but still. Frost > all.
  • LeoliansBro 3 Apr 2008 13:36:56 43,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have they got that caption for the picture wrong? Or do they mean 'as they sit, Edgar Wright is on the right'?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• glaeken 3 Apr 2008 13:36:57 11,143 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    Is this like the last fim the two will write together then? I do like their films, while not the best films made have a great charm that I really like.

I would agree with this. I do find myself thinking that given the tallent their films should be funnier.

I still think their best output by far is Spaced.
  • pjmaybe 3 Apr 2008 13:38:44 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm getting in on the ground level with this one and will kick off the quote that will kill the movie stone dead for me.

"Want anything from the shop?"

"Cornetto"

• LeoliansBro 3 Apr 2008 13:39:51 43,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Guess who's back? How's the family?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• pjmaybe 3 Apr 2008 13:45:07 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They're very good ta :)
  • Whizzo 3 Apr 2008 13:46:58 43,091 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I want a Cornetto now...

This space left intentionally blank.

• JuanKerr 3 Apr 2008 13:48:53 36,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    I predict it will be meh at the cinema then awesome on home re-watchings

+ 1
  • El_MUERkO 3 Apr 2008 13:52:02 16,975 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I want a Cornetto now...

/leaves work to buy cornetto
  • binky Moderator 3 Apr 2008 13:54:12 9,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It'll be great.

Fact.
  • pjmaybe 3 Apr 2008 13:57:03 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is Nick Frost going to be in it? If he is, then it might be great.

If not, it'll suckle donkey testes.
  • El_MUERkO 3 Apr 2008 14:02:38 16,975 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    they didn't have a cornetto so i got a galaxy chocolate temptation

• Beardedmonkey 3 Apr 2008 15:04:38 83 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I seem to remember reading an interview with either Edgar Wright or Simon Pegg where they suggested that Nick Frost would be the lead in the next film they made and that Simon Pegg would play the sidekick role...

That would be good. Nick Frost was the best thing about 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz'!
  • Retroid Moderator 3 Apr 2008 15:09:59 44,512 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Beardedmonkey wrote:
    Nick Frost was the best thing about 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz'!
    You seem to be from BizarroWorld. Welcome!
  • tomb85 3 Apr 2008 15:14:25 204 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beardedmonkey wrote:
    I seem to remember reading an interview with either Edgar Wright or Simon Pegg where they suggested that Nick Frost would be the lead in the next film they made and that Simon Pegg would play the sidekick role...

That would be good. Nick Frost was the best thing about 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz'!

+1 but surely the best thing about him in those roles was how he got to be the "comedy sidekick" basically behaving like a bit of a twat here and there. If he becomes the main focus i'd worry that he'll simply not be as funny.
  • funkyd 3 Apr 2008 15:17:04 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got the Shaun and Hot Fuzz bundle DVD set as a present for Christmas. Great films. Hot Fuzz, which I thought was rather disappointing after the first viewing, has really grown on me. Nick Frost is an absolute legend, as well.

I noticed in the commentary for Hot Fuzz, that they said that they used the Strawberry Cornetto in Shaun to represent the blood. They used the original Cornetto in Hot Fuzz as the blue represented the police force (obv). They then said that they're next film would have to have the mint cornetto, which is green. Alien blood perhaps?
  • funkyd 3 Apr 2008 15:18:20 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, didn't notice that the article mentioned all that.

/fail
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2008 15:20:07 20,222 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    1 I hate Cornetto
    2 Isn't this like DOOMSDAY?
    3 Loved Shaun of The Dead
    4 Loves Post apocalyptica
    5 A good parody becomes the very thing it mocks (See galaxy quest)
    6 Good news

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• JuanKerr 3 Apr 2008 15:20:25 36,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    funkyd wrote:

I noticed in the commentary for Hot Fuzz, that they said that they used the Strawberry Cornetto in Shaun to represent the blood. They used the original Cornetto in Hot Fuzz as the blue represented the police force (obv). They then said that they're next film would have to have the mint cornetto, which is green. Alien blood perhaps?

\o/

I love pointless trivia like that.
  • Nostrus 3 Apr 2008 15:20:33 376 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Nick's character development will have to be a lot stronger for him to take the lead. You have to remember that in "Shaun" and "Fuzz", his role was essentially the same: slightly idiotic comedy relief.

I loved Spaced, and Shaun/Fuzz. I quite enjoyed Run, Fatboy, Run which I went to see simply because Pegg was in it. It wasn't as strong as Shaun or Fuzz, but it was an enjoyable departure from the norm. Certainly better than other comedians who try to make "serious" movies *cough*Adam Sandler*cough*.

All in all, I will see this simply because of who is in it, and who wrote/directed it. I expect I shall enjoy it just as much as that which has gone previous.

Galaxy Quest is a fucking awesome parody. Also, one of the only Tim Allen projects I actually enjoy - Home Improvement being the other. Although, I did watch that as a kid, I've not seen it recently.
  • funkyd 3 Apr 2008 15:22:50 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    funkyd wrote:

\o/

I love pointless trivia like that.

:D
  • MetalDog 3 Apr 2008 15:25:10 23,697 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    tomb85 wrote:
    +1 but surely the best thing about him in those roles was how he got to be the "comedy sidekick" basically behaving like a bit of a twat here and there. If he becomes the main focus i'd worry that he'll simply not be as funny.

I'm pretty sure that he's the lead in the radio comedy 'The Sofa of Time' and he's fine in that. He and Matt King are hard to tell apart voice-wise in it though and Peter Serafinowicz steals the show as Raamen Bod.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Beardedmonkey 3 Apr 2008 15:30:25 83 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like I was thinking of a completely different film:

linkage

I think Nick Frost would do alright as a leading man. He's ok in Hyperdrive (the show itself is pretty rubbish, only he and Kevin Eldon come out of it with any dignity!)
  • tomb85 3 Apr 2008 15:34:38 204 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    tomb85 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that he's the lead in the radio comedy 'The Sofa of Time' and he's fine in that. He and Matt King are hard to tell apart voice-wise in it though and Peter Serafinowicz steals the show as Raamen Bod.

I shall have to give that a listen :)

Regardless of how they work out the roles i'm sure it'll be a film worth going to see.
  • roz123 8 May 2013 07:43:57 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trailer
    http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/exclusive-the-world-s-end-trailer/2t5faj5e
  • Scurrminator 8 May 2013 08:53:09 8,402 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sorry but that trailer is quite pants.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous