Recently-abandoned games Page 201

• Page

of 206 First / Last

• Rhaegyr 4 Aug 2017 13:28:11 3,831 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Incredibly close to abandoning Persona V at the 6th palace.

I've enjoyed the game but it's getting extremely repetitive now and the amount of exposition/dialogue is unreal.

I've never really wanted to take a palace down as much as the first one with Kamoshida either - he seemed to be quite a fleshed out villain, whereas the rest we're expected to instantly hate with very little information/effort.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 13:28:51 04-08-2017
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 4 Aug 2017 13:30:37 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Rhaegyr Stick with it! You're almost at the point where they start to wrap it up and the pay-off is worth it.

Feel free to just turbo-click through most of the text-message conversations. They're almost all skippable.
  • Deleted user 4 August 2017 13:36:45
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Rhaegyr Stick with it! You're almost at the point where they start to wrap it up and the pay-off is worth it.

Feel free to just turbo-click through most of the text-message conversations. They're almost all skippable.
    True but he still has the seventh and worst dungeon
  • Vortex808 4 Aug 2017 13:44:26 11,612 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :)

Rhaegyr's doing better than me!

I'm enjoying it, but seem to have stalled at the third palace. Mainly because I can't be arsed playing any games just now, although I am forcing myself to play about 2 hours of dishonoured 2 one night a weekend. I am enjoying them both, but just cba with games just now.

I should really dig the vita out and crack on a bit with p5 during the evenings when the missus is watching tv.
  • Rhaegyr 4 Aug 2017 13:45:13 3,831 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rogueywon

Yeah, I think I've put in too much to ditch it now!

The first 30 hours or so were phenomenal, but now I'm at the point where all
    stats/relationships are close to being maxed out and the story is taking its sweet time to get anywhere.

Loved the idea of the text message conversations at first, then you realise most of the chat is superfluous :(
  • FuzzyDucky 4 Aug 2017 14:08:43 2,395 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Rhaegyr Hot damn, I abandoned it after the first dungeon and your post makes me not regret that decision for one second!
  • mrpon 4 Aug 2017 14:11:45 33,608 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just Cause 3 is testing me. Servers not up (well done Squeenix) so long delays logging in, long delays on cut scenes, long delays bringing up the map etc etc.

On the flipside, dual tethering from the off is keeping me amused.
  • SomaticSense 4 Aug 2017 14:14:40 15,049 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's literally the only thing keeping me playing. Fucking around with the tethers is great fun.

Everything else just makes me want to delete it tbh. Rote open world tedium with crap gunplay.
  • Malek86 4 Aug 2017 14:28:23 6,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Just Cause 3 is testing me. Servers not up (well done Squeenix) so long delays logging in, long delays on cut scenes, long delays bringing up the map etc etc.

On the flipside, dual tethering from the off is keeping me amused.
    Is that a temporary problem?

I played the game on Xbox just a couple months ago, and I didn't have any issues. I mean, aside from the utterly horrific framerate and horrible load times when fast traveling, but no server issue that I recall.
  • mrpon 4 Aug 2017 15:14:55 33,608 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One would hope so.
  • Gunzberg 4 Aug 2017 17:18:43 2,273 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you are not logged in, you are not logged in, press quit game, oh no a loading screen, you are not logged in, return to title menu, loading screen, you are not logged in, you are not logged in, loading screen.

That has been my Just Cause 3 experience so far, 20% the first 2 missions, 80% the above....
  • Darth_Flibble 4 Aug 2017 18:01:29 2,804 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really want to play Just Cause3 but its really shit the publishers forced this decision onto the the developers because some cunt thought it was good idea in a single player game
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Aug 2017 23:10:46 12,926 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why is there even DRM on a game that was just given away free*.

*PS+ terms and conditions apply.#

#For the pedantic twat who always says: "I think you will find it is not actually free".
  • JiveHound 5 Aug 2017 00:16:46 8,754 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because it wasn't 'free' to begin with and after this month will continue to not be free?

Is that honestly a serious expectation?!

Edited by JiveHound at 00:17:54 05-08-2017
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 5 Aug 2017 01:19:33 31,390 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think any developer has ever patched out any sort of always online system out of their game for any game ever for the sole reason of it being on PS Plus Instant games Collection or Games with Gold. I'm happy to be proven wrong though. It'd be weird though because, if it was the sole reason for patching it, they'd then have to patch it back in again the month after. Seems like a lot of effort for no gain on their part and minimal gain for the players.

I'd rather they removed the single player online stuff the way they've implemented it because it's a rather silly and a pointless addition that is causing gameplay issues.

Edited by DFawkes at 01:21:57 05-08-2017
  • Mola_Ram 5 Aug 2017 01:39:08 16,129 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, going offline makes JC3 run a lot better. I was able to do that on the Steam version, but the PS4 version doesn't like that.
  • FuzzyDucky 5 Aug 2017 03:24:56 2,395 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I was half thinking of picking up the complete edition (as I have a Pro and it'll run okay) but they can fuck right off with that online shite.

Even if I had the most pimped out internet connection in the world I still won't touch that nonsense.
  • Mola_Ram 5 Aug 2017 04:04:23 16,129 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For a single player game, it makes no damn sense at all. At least make it optional ffs
  • Darth_Flibble 5 Aug 2017 12:23:18 2,804 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It just some arsehole at the publisher forcing always online to single player content. Although the game was shit, NFS 2015 had force online connection.

I doubt the publishers will ever patch the JC3 online bit out even if they turn off the servers because they don't give a fuck
  • JiveHound 7 Aug 2017 13:43:15 8,754 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dying Light

The recent news of fresh free DLC inspired me to play this again as I realised I never finished it last time around.

After several hours of mild boredom I realised that life's too short. It's not terrible but it's just humdrum and is really missing something to really engage you over the mild levelling dopamine drip.

Bravo to the dev for continuing to support this but I'm done.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 7 Aug 2017 13:57:06 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm really, really struggling to finish Tyranny, even though I'm a good way into it and people keep telling me it isn't very long.

There's just something about the pacing that doesn't work. I think I might be in a minority here, because I didn't mind the amount of combat in Pillars of Eternity. I actually like the combat in the Infinity Engine games and their spiritual successors. But Tyranny never lets me get stuck into a proper dungeon or anything. You get a couple of fights, then another long interlude of playing courier or reading huge walls of text. And seriously, I'm not averse to reading, but a touch more "show, don't tell" would really help this game. Go back to the classics and you'll see that the likes of Baldur's Gate 2, while very story heavy, were actually a lot less texty than this.

I'll try to press on. From what I understand, I'm probably only 4-5 hours from the end.
  • HarryPalmer 7 Aug 2017 15:12:24 5,208 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad Max. Bought for £9.99 in the PSN sale as I've been interested in it for a while.

Played for a couple of hours but am really struggling to muster any enthusiasm to jump back in! Just feels extremely generic.

Does it get better?

Edited by HarryPalmer at 15:12:36 07-08-2017
  • JiveHound 7 Aug 2017 16:12:57 8,754 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not really, I enjoyed it for a bit but then the sameyness of the activities got to me. The hook of improving your car couldn't carry the game.
  • SomaticSense 7 Aug 2017 17:55:55 15,049 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deleted JC3 after playing it for a few hours via PS Plus.

It was fun enough for a bit, but even after so short a period it started to feel tedious and repetitive, so I doubt I'll ever fire it up again ahead of the other games in my backlog. I'd rather have had another good indie game instead tbh.
  • Chug666 13 Aug 2017 12:44:53 327 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been giving For Honor a go over the free weekend & I just don't understand the appeal. Between the lobby waits, the repetitive maps and the lumpy fighting I lost interest pretty quickly. A shame, as it looks good and seems to cry out for a decent campaign/single player, but no, its just a big online playground full of people who are better at it than me.

Then again, i've never understood arena shooters either- they all seem similarly aimless and I am uniformly bad at them. Is it a generation thing?!
  • Gaol 13 Aug 2017 15:02:34 3,164 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Mad Max. Bought for £9.99 in the PSN sale as I've been interested in it for a while.

Played for a couple of hours but am really struggling to muster any enthusiasm to jump back in! Just feels extremely generic.

Does it get better?
    I loved it, and it's one of my top games this gen. It seems to be marmite, I think you need to be buying in to the setting and laid back pace. The combat and vehicle stuff gets more interesting as your abilities progress, but it doesn't do anything really new or surprising.
  • FuzzyDucky 13 Aug 2017 15:06:45 2,395 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I certainly enjoyed it to a point, but it becomes so repetitive it's astonishing how they thought it wouldn't go stale.
  • drhickman1983 13 Aug 2017 15:14:04 4,932 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got bored of Mad Max quite quickly. People rag on, for example, the Assassin's Creed games for having bloat and repetitive gameplay loops, but Mad Max is by far the worse example of that sort of thing I've ever played.

It had some nice ideas but I just got bored after a few hours.

I'm close to giving up on Arkham Knight. The core gameplay can be quite fun, but I find having different enemy units makes fights a bit too, I dunno, fussy. As I only jump in now and then, I tend to forget the button combinations for certain finishing moves and what enemies do what.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 15:26:20 13-08-2017
  • GarlVinland 14 Aug 2017 10:19:08 2,062 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @drhickman1983 I've played Asylum, is it worth playing Arkham City too before diving into Knight or should I just skip it? I hear mixed things about that game, but then Knight is supposed to have a really juicy story that leads on from it.
  • Page

of 206 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.