• Page

of 214 First / Last

• PazJohnMitch 20 Jul 2017 17:05:04 12,988 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    Addy_B wrote:
    2old4disshit wrote:
    You have to be a real miserable twat to not enjoy Life Is Strange. Found it irresistible on all levels.
    Not a miserable twat, just in a story-driven game about two teenage girls, as a 35 year old man without kids or nieces/nephews, there's not a lot for me to identify with.
    I was 35 with no kids or nieces/nephews when I played it and thought it was great.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 20 Jul 2017 17:06:21 9,888 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think I need to accept that I've just abandoned Witcher 3 for the third time.

This follows me already abandoning Wither 2 twice, and Witcher 1 once.

Can't wait for Witcher 4!!
  • whatfruitlivesagain 20 Jul 2017 17:52:34 528 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal how far did you get in Witchrr 3 before calling it a day ?

Edited by whatfruitlivesagain at 17:53:05 20-07-2017
  • Addy_B 20 Jul 2017 18:02:38 1,651 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Witcher 3 I do need to go back to. I can't exactly remember where I am but it was a fair bit past shagging that dark haired bird on top of that unicorn.
  • Cadence 20 Jul 2017 18:05:14 2,079 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're pretty near the end! Boot it up and get cracking man!
  • monsieur-Cosmo 20 Jul 2017 18:15:16 353 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I abandoned Witcher 2 during tutorial. I enjoyed the intro though.
  • Addy_B 20 Jul 2017 18:15:35 1,651 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Cadence wrote:
    You're pretty near the end! Boot it up and get cracking one off man!
    Yeah I should do really. Is that the last lady I'll Introduce my mammoth Witcher winky to?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 20 Jul 2017 18:16:40 10,970 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got to the bit where you were drunk looking for shit in the castle. My will to play it just evaporated.
  • Cadence 20 Jul 2017 21:04:07 2,079 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    Cadence wrote:
    You're pretty near the end! Boot it up and get cracking one off man!
    Yeah I should do really. Is that the last lady I'll Introduce my mammoth Witcher winky to?
    Possibly. Possibly not! Depends if you have the GOTY edition 😉

Edit... Oh I see what you did there. Get your aard on!

Edited by Cadence at 21:06:21 20-07-2017
  • challenge_hanukkah 20 Jul 2017 21:08:05 5,221 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've replayed The Witcher 3 like 3 times. I loved it.
  • FuzzyDucky 20 Jul 2017 22:13:22 2,556 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:

You're proper fucked when CDPR release Cyberpunk 2077...
  • Tomo 21 Jul 2017 00:10:26 15,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmm... Resident Evil 7 was an absolute blast when I player it at launch and reminded me of my love got the genre and the series. So, the latest Capcom Humble Bundle was perfect timing. I bought it mainly wanting to play the Resident Evil Remaster.

So, I installed it and fired it up this evening and... Er, fucking hell, time hasn't been kind?! To the game or me. I died at the first fucking zombie! Assumed I wouldn't need to use a ribbon so early, which meant I had to start again completely. Thankfully the cut scenes can be skipped. Second attempt and I died rather rapidly again.

I remember knifing the zombies back in the day to conserve ammo. That certainly didn't work here! And jesus, even with the 'improved' controls, it's just awful moving between screens and generally evading things.

I really wanted to play through it again after 21 years (I was 11, lol...), but not sure I can be arsed now... Ugh.
  • hedben2013 21 Jul 2017 14:10:04 498 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:

You're proper fucked when CDPR release Cyberpunk 2077...
    I have a foolproof method. I have NOT abandoned Witcher 3, it's just on temporary hiatus while I finish The Witness. Which is briefly suspended while I see all of the levels of Hitman. Which is shelved, only while I blaze through Shadow Of Mordor. Which I can come back to after...
  • ModoX 23 Jul 2017 10:15:20 2,897 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Splatoon 2

I'm desperate for something to justify the Switch (especially since I love the hardware) so I keep trying everything, but this isn't it either. There's a million small UX annoyances that are driving me crazy, it doesn't play great with the Joycon in handheld, and overall I'm just sitting there wondering why I'm not playing Titanfall 2 instead to scratch the same itch in a much better way.
  • mAc6 23 Jul 2017 10:31:00 3,269 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @hedben2013 :)
  • samharper 23 Jul 2017 12:11:51 891 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ModoX I felt the same about the original, I did love it for a couple of weeks and then suddenly I lost all interest and never played it again. The matches being so short just makes it repetitive, I didn't feel anything whether I won or lost. Didn't like the Splatfests either because once they've finished, that's it forever. And they're not doing any more for the Wii U version.
  • robc84 23 Jul 2017 12:19:32 11,900 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago

It haunts me every time I open the drawer, but I just can't find the motivation to go back and finish it.

See also: MGS V.
  • Darth_Flibble 23 Jul 2017 12:51:25 2,832 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Destiny 2 beta

Never played the full game of 1st game as played the beta of the 1st game ages ago and thought wait and see if there is more content (despite all the mentals saying "its a fucking beta, those strike patrols are fucking placeholders as its a fucking beta!!!!!1111"

Back to D2 beta,the shooting is fine but it seems its the same old game from what I heard about the 1st game all the time its mentioned on podcasts. I joined up with some randoms to play the strike in the beta, one of the randoms couldn't jump across the platforming bit! so the 2nd random was waiting for him for ages and I quit out. The beta is mostly competitive matches rather than showing new content.
  • lordofdeadside 24 Jul 2017 08:13:32 1,302 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mario Kart 8

Finding it pretty dull. Single player It's either too easy to win or you get destroyed on the last lap by the ai only using it's items on you. Local multiplayer just seems to end with whoevers played it more first every time and people just get bored after a few races. Enjoyed the cups the first time around, but i have no desire to play them again. Wish I'd bought a physical copy so I could trade it.
  • ModoX 24 Jul 2017 08:29:42 2,897 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @lordofdeadside I found the same, there's just not much driving you to do more in it. Back when I was at college and we spent most of our days playing MK on the GBA over link cables it was the best thing ever, but that side of it isn't there for me now.
  • thelzdking 24 Jul 2017 18:19:03 6,353 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All of them. My laptop had dead pixels so I took it back. They couldn't replace it with the same model so now I have one without a dedicated graphics card and I cannot play Rome II, well not at anything more than about 10 FPS anyway.

I am pissed off.
  • kentmonkey 30 Jul 2017 12:09:27 22,346 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks like I've got to abandon Tales from the Borderlands at the start of Episode 4. (PS4)

It crashes at the first loading screen. I've tried deleting the whole game and reinstalling it, but nothing. Still crashes at that first loading screen, even after about 10 attempts.

Annoying as I paid 15 for a game I can't actually complete due to a glitch, and having googled it I'm far from the only person (literally hundreds of posts of it happening to others, although most appear to be Episode 5). Shame TellTale didn't ever bother to patch it, and even deleted forum posts in their community from people questioning why the game kept crashing for them.

Edited by kentmonkey at 12:15:27 30-07-2017
  • Mola_Ram 30 Jul 2017 12:37:08 16,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Guacamelee

I don't hate it, but there's just something about it that I don't like. Maybe the art style, maybe the slightly fiddly combat and platforming, maybe the humour. I don't hate any of those things, not really, but for whatever reason it's just not grabbing me the way other Metroid-style games have.

It's annoying, in that I want to like it and can see the effort and love that's gone into it, but I just... don't.
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jul 2017 13:02:10 3,350 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Destiny 2 beta

Never played the full game of 1st game as played the beta of the 1st game ages ago and thought wait and see if there is more content (despite all the mentals saying "its a fucking beta, those strike patrols are fucking placeholders as its a fucking beta!!!!!1111"

Back to D2 beta,the shooting is fine but it seems its the same old game from what I heard about the 1st game all the time its mentioned on podcasts. I joined up with some randoms to play the strike in the beta, one of the randoms couldn't jump across the platforming bit! so the 2nd random was waiting for him for ages and I quit out. The beta is mostly competitive matches rather than showing new content.
    This. All of this. I wouldn't even mind, but Eurogamer go on as if Destiny is the answer to world poverty at times.
  • JiveHound 30 Jul 2017 14:01:44 8,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Guacamelee

I don't hate it, but there's just something about it that I don't like. Maybe the art style, maybe the slightly fiddly combat and platforming, maybe the humour. I don't hate any of those things, not really, but for whatever reason it's just not grabbing me the way other Metroid-style games have.

It's annoying, in that I want to like it and can see the effort and love that's gone into it, but I just... don't.
    I had a similar reaction to the game. It just didn't set my world on fire at all and I gave up on it after a few hours. I usually like these sort of games too.
  • Malek86 30 Jul 2017 14:13:46 6,305 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Destiny 2 beta

This. All of this. I wouldn't even mind, but Eurogamer go on as if Destiny is the answer to world poverty at times.
    The unwritten rule of Eurogamer is that week days are stealth Destiny articles, and weekend days are stealth Dark Souls articles (as well as not-so-stealth Destiny articles).
  • Sharz 4 Aug 2017 09:05:09 1,699 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trying to decide if I want to give up on Nier Automata. It isn't a bad game exactly but does so many wrong things as far as modern open world games are concerned.

My primary issue is the invisible walls. So many god damn buildings with openings you cant enter. Which wouldn't be an issue except the game wants me to explore to find that magical thingy in the red zone and then places barriers whenever you explore. Especially bad coming from Zelda and Horizon ZD.

Another thing is the quest system, it is handled in such a cumbersome way. Little tracking and just what appear to be red dots everywhere.

Argggh why frustrate me so much.
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Aug 2017 09:11:47 38,779 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Sharz I hear you. I am sure it has a great story to tell and whatnot, but the level design and - even worse - the quest design are really terrible by today's standards.

But then I never forgave the game that I had to repeat the whole opening hour becasue there's no checkpoint...

A solid 5/10 from the maybe 7 or 8 hours I played.
  • SYS64738 4 Aug 2017 09:22:03 4,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pulled the plug on Rise of the Tomb Raider (it's now the third time I think I post about it in here, after giving it yet another chance).

Just didn't enjoy it, too many gaming tropes and by-the-numbers gameplay, dull & frankly idiotic story and logic/plot holes (light top, no gloves, no hat, in Siberia? All those artifacts and signposted secret tombs scattered across the place despite it teeming with soldiers? I could go on and on).

It does look nice but the performance was also all over the place, juddering from 30-60+ frames which made for a very inconsistent experience. Reclaiming 25GB of SSD space was the most satisfying bit about this game.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 4 Aug 2017 09:23:53 1,914 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Sharz Nier: Automata does have a lot of flaws. However, if you can stick with it, things do improve. Tidy up most of the sidequests on your first playthrough and then Route B will be much "cleaner", with less red-dot chasing. Route C/D/E is much more story-intensive and is where things get really interesting.

The big problem for me was the lack of a decent map, which made finding and completing sidequests a real chore early on. You eventually realise that the world map is pretty small and you can get around it very quickly, but it does take until almost the end of the first playthrough to get to that point.

Plus the early sidequests tend to be dull fetch-quests. There are some more interesting ones with decent lore components, but they only unlock late in the game.

So yeah, it's worth sticking with, but I can understand why you're struggling to do so.
  • Page

of 214 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.