of 133 First / Last

• FuzzyDuck 5 Feb 2014 03:48:33 3,546 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Don't Starve

I just don't like these kinds of games.
    This x 1,000.

I put 200 hours into Dark Souls. This shit felt tedious after 2. I don't mind being punished and having to redo stuff because of my mistakes, but when it's the same, boring-as-fuck grind with annoying sound effects every single time you die/turn the game on, it can do one.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Feb 2014 20:25:38 8,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wonderful 101

I put a good few hours into this and there's a lot to admire but it's not for me.
    I don't have the reactions nor the patience for it, it's far too frustrating for me and I'm just not really enjoying it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Mike1980 9 Feb 2014 12:57:55 240 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Outcast

I'm sure I don't need to explain my reasons.

I went into it with a "fuck you I'm not scared of some video game" mentality, got through the first intro area until i ended into the main lobby of the hospital. Looked around a bit and saw some stairs descending towards a door, a room with a suspicious looking corpse and a hallway. I suppose what I really don't like is when something happens a loud noise, like a sting of music, is what actually makes me jump.

Stylistically, I like the look of it, especially looking through the camcorder and putting night vision on.
  • Hootles 14 Feb 2014 10:53:09 68 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Witcher 2 again. dropped it several months ago but loaded it up last night - realised I was at the stage where you start out in a new town and I couldn't be arsed. Turned it off again.

Did the same with Rome 2 Total War and Football Manager last night too.

Wondering if I've become disillusioned with games.. or I'm just getting too old.
  • BloodMountain88 18 Feb 2014 12:01:53 128 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • gelf 1 Mar 2014 16:12:21 185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Metro 2033 (PC)

Started off okay as I liked the atmosphere but then I reached the first human enemies who exposed my utter shitness at FPS. After a few failed trys at diiferent approches I knew it wasnt for me. Plus seeing guys survive a shotgun blast to the head was really off putting.

Edited by gelf at 16:12:49 01-03-2014
  • Rajin 1 Mar 2014 17:34:38 580 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dust: A Elysian Tale

Played it for around 3-4 hours, the story is not good combined with annoying voice acting, and the exploration is really limited. Battles can be fun but boil down to the same kind of moves. Enemy AI is retarded and only pose a threath by numbers. Boss fights are boring and customization is limited.

Music is nice though and I like the graphic style, just feels so inferior to other games in the same genre. Played it after Valdis Story: Abyssal and it is just not on the same level.
  • -cerberus- 1 Mar 2014 17:38:44 2,098 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @gelf At first, I disliked it as well. However, Ranger Mode fixed most of the game's issues. I'd recommend giving it another go by playing on Ranger Easy...

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Syrette 5 Mar 2014 01:22:56 41,846 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Outlast

Hasn't grabbed me. Can see why others like it.

Just find it pretty dull (and somewhat repetitive) in almost every aspect, and I'm guessing being scared/tense papers over the cracks for most people (try as I might, I'm not really feeling much in the way of either, especially since I know if I get chased and killed I'll be able to just start again straight away).

Got about half way through it, but can't see myself going any further which is fine since I didn't pay for it (got it via PS+).

edit; I'd also add I respect the devs for coming out with something a bit different.

Edited by Syrette at 01:30:29 05-03-2014

• SomaticSense 5 Mar 2014 12:42:16 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As a horror game, there is some real cleverness in the way it's been designed. The devs really knew what they were doing. It was a real masterclass in level design in a lot of ways, regardless of anyone's affinity with survival horror experiences.

A dev studio to keep an eye on for sure.
  • Syrette 5 Mar 2014 13:51:18 41,846 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shame it's so linear.

• Dairyfree 11 Mar 2014 00:29:54 419 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Kotor

It really hasn't aged well. Just seems clunky, empty and the combat is shite.

They improved everything with the later Mass Effect games which are very similar.

If they made a new Kotor I think it would be amazing, but I was trying to hard to enjoy this.
  • oceanmotion 11 Mar 2014 17:18:59 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ninja Gaiden II

Xbox original is one of my favorite games but this just feels like a disjointed chore. I've hit chapter 8 and there is rocket guys at every corner and out of windows, more annoying than a challenge in my book. As for the rest of the game, fighting is good, water sections should be banned even though rather tame in this. too much bow action, levels are just a bit whatever. Bosses haven't been very interesting, just stupid and not in the Ninja Gaiden mental way. Enjoyed the fighting and got good again, thought I totally lost all skill in the beginning. Tainted my happy NG memories but no loss, had some fun with NG2.
  • bad09 14 Mar 2014 22:17:57 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Look I tried it. I fixed the crappy port. I've tried it again. I just don't get it. It's ugly a lot, dull and quite lifeless and feels like a PS2 game (why is that with Japanese games this gen?) and I'm fed up with the terrible controls (on a pad as it was designed to be played with to), I keep wandering around and combat is awful it's bollocks so I give up trying and deleting. I often seem to go against the popular opinion in truth but really? THIS is the darling everyone raves about? :confused:

Dark Souls

Sorry :redface:
  • bad09 14 Mar 2014 22:19:27 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Kotor

I hate you.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Mar 2014 23:30:12 8,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Look I tried it. I fixed the crappy port. I've tried it again. I just don't get it. It's ugly a lot, dull and quite lifeless and feels like a PS2 game (why is that with Japanese games this gen?) and I'm fed up with the terrible controls (on a pad as it was designed to be played with to), I keep wandering around and combat is awful it's bollocks so I give up trying and deleting. I often seem to go against the popular opinion in truth but really? THIS is the darling everyone raves about? :confused:

Dark Souls

Sorry :redface:
    You mean you're shit at it and keep getting your head caved in I presume.

• bad09 14 Mar 2014 23:34:07 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You mean you're shit at it and keep getting your head caved in I presume.
    Partly yeah, still a poor game IMO. It just feels so dated and old. Admittedly I'm far more into western RPGs and have been for years but I just didn't get this one.
  • UncleLou Moderator 14 Mar 2014 23:37:40 35,172 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Kotor

I hate you.
    Nothing to do with age. It was clunky, empty and the combat was shite the day it launched.
  • bad09 15 Mar 2014 00:26:02 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Kotor

I hate you.
    Nothing to do with age. It was clunky, empty and the combat was shite the day it launched.
    I double hate you...but yeah still great though I replayed not too long ago and it was still wonderful. Got 2 with the restoration mod installed to get round to.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Mar 2014 00:34:24 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Kotor

I hate you.
    I double hate you...but yeah still great though I replayed not too long ago and it was still wonderful. Got 2 with the restoration mod installed to get round to.
    You don't like Dark Souls. Your opinion is invalid.

;p
  • bad09 15 Mar 2014 00:50:39 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:

;p
    Meh..

/ goes back to western RPGs

:)
  • beep 15 Mar 2014 05:42:15 434 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dunno if it really counts but I haven't touched Animal Crossing New Leaf for about 6 months or more.
  • Stranded87 15 Mar 2014 09:44:10 768 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:

;p
    Meh..

/ goes back to western RPGs

:)
    I've always thought the Souls games feel closer to a Western RPG than a traditional JRPG actually, though really they're very much their own thing.
  • bad09 15 Mar 2014 10:46:31 5,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Stranded87

Yeah, I think it certainly is an attempt at the western RPG, didn't work for me though.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Mar 2014 11:53:06 8,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    @Stranded87

Yeah, I think it certainly is an attempt at the western RPG, didn't work for me though.
    You need to stick with it to appreciate it, it's very special and unlike any other game.
    I'd give it another go, get at least past the first boss.

• Mola_Ram 15 Mar 2014 11:56:37 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you're expecting it to be like... oh, I don't know, Skyrim or something, then you're expecting the wrong thing.

Besides, it's much better than Skyrim. :)
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Mar 2014 12:04:46 8,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    If you're expecting it to be like... oh, I don't know, Skyrim or something, then you're expecting the wrong thing.

Besides, it's much better than Skyrim. :)
    Much, much better

• FatSternKikwi 15 Mar 2014 13:32:51 277 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really need to find some time to dig into Dark Souls.

Although its nothing like Skyrim. Damn ass comparison.
  • Cosmopolitan 15 Mar 2014 14:02:04 1,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I could not get into Dark Souls too. Liked the atmosphere but the gameplay was just, not for me. Too brutal.
    I appreciate that there are people who enjoy it. It's good for the community I think.

The Master of Unlocking.

• Progguitarist 16 Mar 2014 17:09:29 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Battlefield 4.

Played one level of the campaign: review score lol

Multuplayer: A boring campfest designed to encourage hiding in corners and sniping from far away hills.

Complete shit.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last