Recently-abandoned games Page 126

• Page

of 133 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 7 Dec 2013 20:55:38 1,436 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killzone: shadow fall

Loved the first 3 killzones so this makes my disappointment all the deeper. It's so shit. It's an amazing looking game that gave me a real next gen wowed feeling, especially the city into but I just can't go on. I only made it to the second level with it's awful keycard door bits.

2/10
  • RyanDS 7 Dec 2013 21:18:50 8,700 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Give it more time.

Personally I really hated it until about chapter 4, then it really clicked. Not sure why, but replaying the earlier levals I am having much more fun. Think it may be getting used to the OWL
  • wobbly_Bob 8 Dec 2013 09:36:11 1,436 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Give it more time.

Personally I really hated it until about chapter 4, then it really clicked. Not sure why, but replaying the earlier levals I am having much more fun. Think it may be getting used to the OWL
    I really want to and maybe you're right but I dislike it so much I just can't. I'm having no fun at all.
  • wobbly_Bob 8 Dec 2013 09:43:16 1,436 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NFS: Rivals

Annnnnnnnnd another next gen game bites the dust.

Migrating host.

Migrating host.

Migrating host.

I'm in the middle of a race or event and I get that sodding message. I have to sit and watch a black screen while it finds a new host. It's game breaking annoying. Last time it happened it was dark and rainy then after ages of waiting I'm back and is full sunshine daylight, oh and my car is stationary.

For the 4th time did an event only to have it not get ticked off as completed.

Rubber banding on cars is terrible.
  • Pinky_Floyd 8 Dec 2013 09:47:35 6,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob I managed to sell my nfs for 40 - which is 35 quid more than its worth.

Have yet to unwrap killzone as have no anticipation around it whatsoever. AC4 and SMW3D are giving me good times and dont want to spoil it with mediocrity.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Dec 2013 11:36:58 13,814 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might have to be GTA5 mainly due to the fact I'm getting a lot of lock ups with it. I have had at least one on each night I have played this past week. This has only happened on MP, to be fair I hardly play sp anymore. I will give that ago and see what happens. The Disc is in perfect nick and I have tried the game reading from the disc and installing it.

Worrying thing is that no other game has had issues until last night when I played Uno (first time in several years) I also got a lock up with that!

is the 360 dieing ?

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Doomspoon 8 Dec 2013 11:49:57 2,353 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 how's your connection been in general? I know you're referring to online with GTA 5 but was your Uno session online too? If you're on a wired connection try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable maybe? Not specifically the same but my girlfriend's 360 used to disconnect her loads when we were trying to do co-op stuff or even single player, PC was fine. The cable trick sorted the disconnects.

The lock ups could be entirely unrelated but worth a try?

My 360 freezes on boot up and log in. It takes a minimum of 30 seconds to go from switching on to profiles appearing and then around another 50 seconds minimum to go from logging in to my dashboard appearing. Even then it's painfully slow to navigate and it's not even worth checking my friends list as that hangs too. It's got notably slower since the One launch, I typically get the "2 friends online" popup whilst the rest of the screen shows the logging in animation. Then when I get on I have around 20 friends on but only 2 are on 360. Could be some connection between this and your lock ups?
  • mAc6 8 Dec 2013 12:00:05 203 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Couple of days ago i moved my profile(s) and some apps from my x360 250 gig harddrive to a usb memory stick. Easy to do because the files are really small. By doing this booting up x360 has been much faster than it has been before: when im signed in (notification shows), i see my Avatar almost immediately, when moving one page to the right i already see my last achievements (visual grid) being shown (no need to build up) and friends onlne are popping up one by one really fast, showing 3 avatars on screen. Advertisements, recommendations get shown much faster (faster loading and showing) and alltogether moving from page to page in Dashboards is swift and smooth.

My 250 gig HDD only has 10 gig or so free, have this console/hdd for a lot of years now. Maybe i get same results by deleting everything and then formatting the thing. Would make sense.

Dont want to download everything back from xbl tho.. might need to horde multiple usb sticks and saving everything to those, reformat HDD and then putting it back one stick full of content at a time

Edited by mAc6 at 12:03:44 08-12-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Dec 2013 12:00:18 13,814 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Doom
    Hi mate
    I play wirelessly, strangly enough though I always have the cable plugged into the back of the 360(always have) and the other end ready should I want to plug into the router,

I had an issue a couple of weeks back where the 360 turned itself off several times over a couple of evenings play, I moved the power brick and that has sorted that out. I did wonder if it was something to do with LIVE, but why would that make my machine lock up, surely I would just lose connection.

I might try clearing the cashe and then see what happens, re GTA it has happened mostly when trying to join an event or leaving a session and getting dropped back into the map, last night I was just driving around though!

Re the hang time, same for me 9/10 times I have to wait an age for the poxy machine to start up. Very rarely it kicks in right away. I have used up 280/360HD space, I always wondered if it was because of that ?

If only the new machine was BC, I have so many games unplayed and a few I still want for the 360, otherwise I would just get a new console. If it continues to play up, I will buy a new slim. I would rather not though as I have the ltd Gears console and rather love it ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• wobbly_Bob 8 Dec 2013 12:28:45 1,436 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob I managed to sell my nfs for 40 - which is 35 quid more than its worth.

Have yet to unwrap killzone as have no anticipation around it whatsoever. AC4 and SMW3D are giving me good times and dont want to spoil it with mediocrity.
    I really should have gone for AC4! It's pirates! I'm waiting till christmas now to see what father christmas brings me.
  • Doomspoon 8 Dec 2013 12:54:04 2,353 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I won't in any way pretend to be knowledgeable on the matter but I was wondering if there's something to do with the exchange between Live servers, GTA's servers and Live P2P/friends/recent players? If any one or more of the components is timing out and it's causing an exception that isn't being handled? I haven't played GTA 5 but I saw plenty were complaining about problems connecting and prompt patching was needed. Maybe not everything's fixed?

I know a common problem with past CoD games was the fake disc read error when the CoD servers were broken. Battlefield 3 would lock up or blackscreen and my party would split intermittently between myself and two friends, all of us having it happen at least to once of us over the course of a couple of nights.

On PC, playing GFWL launched through Steam they would frequently lock up on exit, both Batman Arkham games and Dirt 2 and 3. Now I know I'm talking slightly cross purposes with different platforms but I wouldn't have the same problems with other games in my Steam library that weren't on GFWL, which I know had plenty of problems and I guess that's a different discussion altogether.

Also on my flaky PS3 wifi connection, with the router upstairs and the PS3 downstairs, both the furthest they could be away from each other, I had similar problems with blackscreens and lock ups when my connection to PSN dropped.

Like I say, I'm not pretending I'm any sort of expert on the matter but it could be something to eliminate from a list of potential causes. I think given that Live in general has been slower due to the recent launch I feel it could be more than just coincidence.

It's comforting if anything to learn that I'm not alone with the bad login times, my HDD is rammed too with only 2.5GB free now so that's possibly not helping with navigating the dashboard.

Edited by Doomspoon at 12:55:02 08-12-2013
  • huh_what 15 Dec 2013 19:17:41 660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Dishonored - PC

Sort of enjoyed the main campaign even though it was incredibly short and repetitive (you'll have seen everything the game has to offer by the end of the first real mission).

Then i started the DLC. The Trials thing is utter twaddle and the Knife of Dunwall is shit because they make Blink completely unreliable to the point were i got killed by using it and coming up short on insta-death falls a good few times.

Fuck off. Didn't even bother trying the third DLC thing.
  • WoodenSpoon 15 Dec 2013 19:56:39 12,252 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't say I noticed Blink operating any differently at all tbh...
  • munki83 20 Dec 2013 08:26:06 1,332 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite.

I just can't get into it at all. The combat is lackluster and I just don't care about the story at all. Maybe I'll try it again some day
  • Mola_Ram 20 Dec 2013 08:27:11 6,246 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Where did you get up to? If you don't mind me asking.
  • CharlieStCloud 20 Dec 2013 08:32:50 4,682 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, it is not one I could picture where you'd just abruptly abandon.

... played through the game twice, myself!

: )
  • SnowmanRR 20 Dec 2013 08:40:10 60 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sim City

Abandoned for a second time. First time back in May...so thought I'd give it a second chance but spent almost a hour updating and only got to 15%...no way back from that now!!
  • Sharzam 20 Dec 2013 09:55:02 2,118 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @huh_what

re: Dishonored

I didn't even complete the main story, I agree after the first mission that's it pretty much. Just wasn't invested in the story and the gameplay was actually rather simple as all situations could be approached the same way. Feel like the Thief series on PC got it better as you were forced to adapt.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Darth_Flibble 22 Dec 2013 13:18:05 1,507 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    very close to selling/trading in NFS: Rivals, glad i got it cheap 2nd hand as its another lazy mess for the NFS series. Shit cheap AI again, you can tell the old people from blackbox are still there. You can't even pause the fucking game even if you the cunting thing to single player. Also its so laughable how serious

Worst of all 1) ports have a graphical glitch in the background thats very annoying 2) EA pretty much have killed of Criterion Games to make Ghost games to churning out NFS turds
  • Cosmopolitan 22 Dec 2013 19:14:27 1,895 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP/Vita) :
    130 hours in and Hunter Rank 2 I gave up. The game IS fun even when you do the same thing over and over and over. I think it requires a certain mindset and a lot, a LOT of time. The mindset somehow expired (although I was pretty hyped up for this type of gameplay at the start) and the time is in short supply.
    I can barely finish a 20-hour game these days, let alone this 1000-hour monster. Thank you Monster Hunter though, you were fun while you lasted.

The Master of Unlocking.

• Gunzberg 25 Dec 2013 13:28:43 929 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Yoshi island DS

Ok so this might be the first game I officially abandon in a while. On world 4-7 and oh man is it frustrating. Iceworld, small platforms, bouncing balls that know you off. What were they thinking!? Was enjoying it up until that point too.
    Abandoning this too at 5-6, 3 levels from the end. World 4 and 5 are pure frustration and level designers being utter dicks. Pixel pefect jumps and egg throws required whilst you are being chased by a chomp on a 1 pixel lava platform. it is utter rubbish, was great until world 4 then it went downhill.

Not sure I am looking forward to the next iteration of Yoshi on the 3DS given how much this went downhill. Shame

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Paulie_P 25 Dec 2013 19:32:06 395 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Yoshi island DS

Ok so this might be the first game I officially abandon in a while. On world 4-7 and oh man is it frustrating. Iceworld, small platforms, bouncing balls that know you off. What were they thinking!? Was enjoying it up until that point too.
    Abandoning this too at 5-6, 3 levels from the end. World 4 and 5 are pure frustration and level designers being utter dicks. Pixel pefect jumps and egg throws required whilst you are being chased by a chomp on a 1 pixel lava platform. it is utter rubbish, was great until world 4 then it went downhill.

Not sure I am looking forward to the next iteration of Yoshi on the 3DS given how much this went downhill. Shame
    I hated that you had to aim across the two screens in those levels too. Very frustrating and I had to give it up. Pity because I loved the first one.
  • Kay 25 Dec 2013 20:04:53 17,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS (at the time), the difficulty balance wasn't great. Telltale sign that it wasn't developed by Nintendo themselves.

I don't think the 3DS version is developed by them either, and it doesn't exactly look great from what I've seen. :(
  • SomaticSense 27 Dec 2013 17:52:29 7,047 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spec Ops: The Line.

Downloaded via PS Plus, as the supposed commentary on war really intrigued me. However I just couldn't get past the crushingly dull gameplay, frustrating 2005-era level design, and the lengthy load screens punctuating every (many) death. I made it a few hours in (just met Gould), but I can't take it anymore.

I don't think it's a bad game by any means. It's definitely one of the better third-person shooters out there, and doesn't really do anything wrong. But I don't think I can be bothered with decently made but thousand yard stare inducing average shooters anymore.
  • huh_what 30 Dec 2013 18:45:29 660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    The fucking insta-death QTEs in the new Tomb Raider are just about to make me give it up. It is an excellent game otherwise.

I'll stick with for another little while but what utter fucking retard thought that leaving them in was a good idea? Another prime example of my theory that game devs simply don't play games at all.

Edited by huh_what at 18:46:02 30-12-2013
  • Paulie_P 5 Jan 2014 20:42:55 395 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Grand Theft Auto V

Have to abandon this game with a heavy heart. I was loving this game but my PS3 had trouble reading the disc. It would disappear from the XMB and when it did appear, it would fail to load when selected more often than not.

I was having a blast with the game. Rock star create amazing worlds to explore with loads to do in them. The story wasn't great but the characters were very fleshed out and fun. I felt there was a good variety in the missions and some of the side missions were hilarious.

From what I played:
    9/10
  • Darth_Flibble 5 Jan 2014 21:04:04 1,507 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    The fucking insta-death QTEs in the new Tomb Raider are just about to make me give it up. It is an excellent game otherwise.

I'll stick with for another little while but what utter fucking retard thought that leaving them in was a good idea? Another prime example of my theory that game devs simply don't play games at all.
    from what I've read they toned the QTE a bit from early versions!
  • DrStrangelove 5 Jan 2014 21:19:10 2,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A deer. It was just too fast for me.
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Jan 2014 21:21:21 8,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    God of War III

The first proper boss is way too hard. Tried about 20 times and realised life is too short. Shame, I was enjoying it up until that point.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• DrStrangelove 6 Jan 2014 00:26:23 2,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RapeLay.

Because of premature ejaculation.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last