Recently-abandoned games Page 123

• Page

of 145 First / Last

• UncleLou Moderator 23 Oct 2013 23:42:56 35,710 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bought AC IV cheap just for the sea battles. I've never even made it that far because absolutely everything in the few hours I've played it was terrible. Everything.
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Oct 2013 23:45:50 17,173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Another thing, I have moaned about it a lot on here and I can't recall anyone leaping to its defence which says quite a lot, I think.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 24 October 2013 00:53:51
    The general consensus seems to be that AC3 is crap.

Makes you wonder how it got an 8.5 average from critics. Even Bramwell gave it a 9.
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2013 01:06:11 289 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was looking forward to ACIV because I like the idea of the pirate theme and ship battles but all the negativity about ACIII is putting me off.

Although I really enjoyed the second game I did find it slightly outstayed it's welcome, and the criticisms of the last one are really likely to bother me if the problems remain.

I think it'll be a game I play when its cheap and my backlog has been cut right down.
  • drip 24 Oct 2013 01:07:44 4,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My favourite was actually AC1. That said, I abandoned it too, it's been some time, but I think because it was just too repetitive.

What I loved was the setting. AC2 seems to be the general favourite, but I never liked that Italian renaissance setting, for whatever reason. The hero being some Italian swankpot sure didn't help.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 01:08:46 24-10-2013
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2013 01:23:14 289 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I loved the setting of AC1, and AC2 as well until the novelty wore off with two sequels. The gameplay of the original was too repetitive though, yeah. I managed to complete it because it was one of the first games I played this generation so it was still impressive to me at the time.
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Oct 2013 01:32:27 8,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did not like AC1
    Thought AC2 was excellent and Brotherhood better
    Revelations started badly and I quit early
    Not tried AC3
    Preordered AC4

Liberations was also ok. impressive for a handheld and not as bloated as some of the others.
  • Reacher 24 Oct 2013 10:10:36 854 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm close to giving up on GTA V for now. I'm about halfway through the SP campaign and not really interested in the online anymore.

I love the world and such, but I'm a bit bored of the missions and the story isn't that great.
  • chrisno21 25 Oct 2013 09:23:51 1,531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    COD BLOPS2 - I bought it on WiiU a few weeks ago as it was cheap. Last night I finished an attack? mission and thought afterwards, I can't be arsed, I've hated it from the start and it's just silly now.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• jabberwoky 25 Oct 2013 13:00:20 527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FF13-2, people said it was better than 13 so I gave it a go. Pretty annoyed that it is actually worse and I have been stung again.

Music is awful and you can't turn it down or off.
    You get two main characters instead of the six you normally get.
    You only actually control one.
    Combat consists of pressing "A" a very very great deal of the time.
    Its virtually identical to combat in FF13 which was awful.
    The upgrade system is utterly linear, a travesty on every previous FF.
    There are QTEs all over the place.
    The story is incomprehensible. When I went on the internet to get the low down, it turned out to be trash as well as still largely incomprehensible.
    The shop icon has turned into a (remarkably annoying) girl, so they can say they now have shops.
    Look, I could go on there is plenty more, but its just as if square took a bloody rusty axe and hammered the daylights out of their best franchise, and decided to make a trilogy out of the resulting mess.

I abandon very few games, they have to be pretty bad tbh.

Needless to say, FF13-3 will not be given the time of day.

The only consolation is FF13-2 sold only half what FF13 sold. God knows how badly 13-3 will do.
  • King_Edward 25 Oct 2013 13:11:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've heard FFXIII - 3 is going to be a massive return to form.

/plants a seed of doubt in jabberwoky's mind.

Edited by King_Edward at 13:12:03 25-10-2013
  • jabberwoky 25 Oct 2013 14:01:50 527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @King_Edward

Even I am not that dumb!!

Although......if you're really sure about that......
  • DFawkes 25 Oct 2013 14:53:29 23,313 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    The general consensus seems to be that AC3 is crap.

Makes you wonder how it got an 8.5 average from critics. Even Bramwell gave it a 9.
    Doesn't really make me wonder at all, it's simply because a lot of people really enjoyed it. I loved it. Not Conner the Cardboard Cutout, but I really enjoyed the game he happened to be in.

There are a lot of critics and other people who felt the same. The consensus from critics (or as close as you can really get) was fairly positive on all formats, so at least I'm not alone :) Not that people that didn't enjoy it as much are alone, plenty of those too.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 28 October 2013 22:35:32
    jabberwoky wrote:
    FF13-2, people said it was better than 13 so I gave it a go. Pretty annoyed that it is actually worse and I have been stung again.

Music is awful and you can't turn it down or off.
    You get two main characters instead of the six you normally get.
    You only actually control one.
    Combat consists of pressing "A" a very very great deal of the time.
    Its virtually identical to combat in FF13 which was awful.
    The upgrade system is utterly linear, a travesty on every previous FF.
    There are QTEs all over the place.
    The story is incomprehensible. When I went on the internet to get the low down, it turned out to be trash as well as still largely incomprehensible.
    The shop icon has turned into a (remarkably annoying) girl, so they can say they now have shops.
    Look, I could go on there is plenty more, but its just as if square took a bloody rusty axe and hammered the daylights out of their best franchise, and decided to make a trilogy out of the resulting mess.

I abandon very few games, they have to be pretty bad tbh.

Needless to say, FF13-3 will not be given the time of day.

The only consolation is FF13-2 sold only half what FF13 sold. God knows how badly 13-3 will do.
    Heh, I just randomly picked this up tonight. I actually liked the 13 in the end.
  • Hootles 29 Oct 2013 11:32:52 68 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Picked up Witcher 2 a little while back - thoroughly enjoying it - then got to the point where I was going to a new place and I just couldn't be bothered starting up in another new area. put it down, not been back.

I do this more and more with games that do this. Maybe it's due to the limited time I have to game these days.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 00:13:58 7,666 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You sure abandon a lot of games.
  • Syrette 30 Oct 2013 00:40:51 43,745 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    wah.

• Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 01:48:33 7,666 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I guess my definition of "bullshit" differs from yours. The problems you describe would be mildly annoying at worst to me. I mean, every game has bits of bad design. If I gave up on every one, I wouldn't be able to play anything at all.

And you are so very wrong about The Witcher games. (although I didn't play the second one until after all the changes were made, so YMMV on that one)
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Oct 2013 06:38:04 11,337 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    You aren't missing much.

Both Witcher games are horrendously over rated. The second one even more so than the first.
    Nah, the Witcher 2 is clearly one of the finest games of the generation.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Oct 2013 06:50:41 38,642 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I think I'm done with The Witcher 2 as well. I just don't have the patience at the moment. I'll keep it installed just in case I ever get some free time but I've been waiting for that free time for a year now. Life isn't on my side for an RPG.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Murbal 30 Oct 2013 08:16:38 22,362 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Diablo 3 (PS3). I'd lap this sort of thing up on a handheld, but my home console time is more limited. I need something shorter and more story oriented these days.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Oct 2013 08:57:24 14,960 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Diablo 3 (PS3). I'd lap this sort of thing up on a handheld, but my home console time is more limited. I need something shorter and more story oriented these days.
    Does that mean it will now "reappear" on the swapsies thread ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 30 Oct 2013 11:30:23 5,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I abandoned BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.

... played the game to completion when once upon a time I had a Xbox 360 earlier this year and I thoroughly loved every moment of it.

I purchased the very same game on my new-ish PlayStation 3 and whilst using the d-pad on the DualShock 3 is a BILLION times better, the game unfortunately suffers from slowdown in places, which wasn't present on the Xbox 360 version.

A shame really because I am more than happy to go through the game twice. It is a real gem.

: (
  • SomaticSense 7 Nov 2013 11:20:19 8,682 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Darkness II

Amazing game. Until you you hit the brick wall of distilled frustration a few levels in, namely enemies with shields, flashlights, and weapon disarming whip arms. Then every iota of fun is sapped from the game and it becomes an utter chore to play.

It's a shame, as there are a lot of thigs the devs did amazingly well. Such as the control system and the darkness powers. But the game post-brothel level is just such a frustrating ballache to play that it all goes to waste.

With a less misguided approach to level and difficulty design, it could have been incredible.
  • Gunzberg 7 Nov 2013 11:55:16 1,741 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD is currently on abandon because the game claims to autosave but then after starting it up again it wiped all my saves.

Not bothered to restart for a long time now. Really peeved

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 145 First / Last