• Page

of 133 First / Last

• Syrette 1 Sep 2013 20:17:08 41,826 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Not really a pile of shit, but it was boring as hell. I couldn't stand it personally despite re-starting it 3-4 times I can never get beyond the 1st boss without losing the will to live.
    Think that's more your issue than the game's tbh.

Anyway who complained about the bosses but didn't use Typhoons on them has no cause for complaint.
    What about those of us that did use Typhoons against them, can we still complain that they were totally and utterly shit?
    I meant complained about the difficulty of the bosses, apologies.

• Ironlungs76 1 Sep 2013 20:23:57 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Were complaints about the bosses a prevalent thing about DE? Think I tried that 1st boss once or maybe twice before I gave it up (more out of boredom than anything gameplay related). Smashing walls was fun for a bit I guess though.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Sep 2013 20:25:07 13,812 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ironlungs76
    Yes mate
    I think they were "outsorced" to another team.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FuzzyDuck 1 Sep 2013 20:30:12 3,546 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Duff is on the money there.

Isn't the Wii U version getting new boss battles?
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Sep 2013 20:32:46 13,812 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck
    Yes mate, infact I think the 360/PS3 are also getting the Directors edition with improvements.

• Deleted user 1 September 2013 20:33:47
    They're releasing a new version I think later in the year for all consoles where you can stealth kill or avoid the boss battles.

Edit too slow.

Edited by WeakOrbit at 20:35:12 01-09-2013
  • snowbored 1 Sep 2013 21:34:17 242 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @FuzzyDuck thanks I'll try it, did you do it through the ps3 or the router, does it mess anything else up?
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Sep 2013 21:44:24 3,546 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @snowbored

It's just a change of setting on the PS3.

To be honest, I don't think it'd mess anything up, but I can't be entirely sure as my set up is actually a 3G dongle shared from my laptop via a wifi hotspot app.

I only change it for downloading stuff, fire it back up once it's done and game on 1,500.

Edit - it's a bit messy, but I recently ploughed 30+ hours into TLoU multiplayer and cleared both journeys, so it's still a few leagues ahead of no connection :D

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 21:46:41 01-09-2013
  • Progguitarist 1 Sep 2013 21:56:29 10,316 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saints Row 3

It's just shit really.
  • Slurmseh 2 Sep 2013 17:07:59 2,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Assassins Creed III.

Couldn't even finish the prologue, just seems really bad.
  • RelaxedMikki 2 Sep 2013 18:19:42 892 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Crazy thing about Assasins Creed III is that the prologue is actually the best bit...
  • -cerberus- 3 Sep 2013 10:19:13 2,097 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Resistance 3

Has anyone finished it? I made it to Chapter 20 yesterday, I'm supposed to take down a terraformer of some sort but gave up because this game's sole trick is to overwhelm the player with overpowered enemies. Is this chapter worth enduring to see the ending or can I fire my copy into the sun?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• RyanDS 3 Sep 2013 12:38:09 8,700 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Resistance 3

Has anyone finished it? I made it to Chapter 20 yesterday, I'm supposed to take down a terraformer of some sort but gave up because this game's sole trick is to overwhelm the player with overpowered enemies. Is this chapter worth enduring to see the ending or can I fire my copy into the sun?
    Finished it twice.

Best console FPS ever.

It got rid of that game breaking bug that console FPS games tend to have where for some reason your health keeps resetting by itself.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Sep 2013 12:49:28 13,812 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Resistance 3

Loved it, very bleak. One of my fav PS3 games infact...
    I will happily playthrough it again...

• -cerberus- 3 Sep 2013 13:24:16 2,097 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gentlemen, don't get me wrong, I love the bleakness of it all and have no problem with R3 having a health meter. The controls are fine and the weapons are plain awesome. What I do have a problem with is how the game activates horde mode at the worst of times. Even on normal difficulty, I keep getting my arse handed to me. Am I playing it wrong or what?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• coomber 3 Sep 2013 16:17:06 308 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising

Tried to like it but managed to get to the end, only to get stuck on the final incarnation of Anderson(?).

When I got stuck at the last fight of Gears Of War I set it on easy because I'd enjoyed it and wanted to see it through.

When I got stuck at the end of Dragon Age: Origins I was HAPPY because it gave me an excuse to play the game again with a different build.

With MG:R I just can't be bothered. Awful camera just makes the game unplayable, on top of the poor balancing.
  • HarryPalmer 5 Sep 2013 10:26:18 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3

Seriously, I can't remember a game being so disjointed, so buggy, so ridiculously stupid. The suspension of disbelief required to actually enjoy it was too much for me.

Simple things like leaving a room and being transported somewhere completely unexplained and random, or entering a room and watching a cut scene that ignores the fact that you should be in that room, characters that engage in a conversation and then moments later you're supposed to believe that they don't recognise each other.

The dialogue is dreadful, the attempts at humour are forced and excruciating. It has THE most pointless and boring opening of any game I have ever played, the designers seem to have forgotten how to actually make a game enjoyable; too many popups, too much interference, too much actually inhibiting the player's progress and enjoyment.

Even though I got it for 'free' from PS+, I had to delete it.
  • HarryPalmer 5 Sep 2013 10:28:01 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Assassins Creed III.

Couldn't even finish the prologue, just seems really bad.
    Or just this.
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2013 10:28:30 16,249 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Assassins Creed 3

Even though I got it for 'free' from PS+, I had to delete it.
    I actually paid money for it and completed it but I absolutely loathe the game. I moan about it all the time. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't paid for it then I wouldn't have bothered playing more than the Haytham section.

You are a factory of sadness.

• DUFFMAN5 5 Sep 2013 10:30:56 13,812 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With heavy heart Deus Ex HR. Spent the last few hours not giving a fuck then got to a Boss fight which disables all my augs and it occurred to me...I fucking hate this game now!
    Onward and upward ;-)

• Rodney 6 Sep 2013 12:06:25 1,682 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dark Souls.

I hated it for the first 5 hours then it really clicked. I'm about 30 hours in now and I'm just getting bored. I rung the second bell and in Sen's Fortress (or something like that).

It is a quality game but I feel like I've seen all its got to offer and not sure if I have the patience to get past the current difficulty spike. Maybe I'll have a break from it and play something a bit lighter and maybe cone back to it
  • Rodney 6 Sep 2013 12:09:30 1,682 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think it helps that now the enemies are fought it takes about 20 strike to kill them (referring to the fucking lizzard things) which gets a bit tedious
  • kinky_mong 6 Sep 2013 12:23:41 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    I don't think it helps that now the enemies are fought it takes about 20 strike to kill them (referring to the fucking lizzard things) which gets a bit tedious
    There's a good lightning weapon in Sen's Fortress which makes short work of them (and most other enemies for a while). Stick with it because the next area will be worth it.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Mr_Sleep 6 Sep 2013 12:33:32 16,249 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    With heavy heart Deus Ex HR. Spent the last few hours not giving a fuck then got to a Boss fight which disables all my augs and it occurred to me...I fucking hate this game now!
    Onward and upward ;-)
    You're pretty close to the end by the way, if that makes any difference.

• Mr_Sleep 6 Sep 2013 12:34:12 16,249 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Rodney wrote:
    There's a good lightning weapon in Sen's Fortress which makes short work of them (and most other enemies for a while). Stick with it because the next area will be worth it.
    Best bit of the game, especially if you were a fan of Knightmare.

• DUFFMAN5 6 Sep 2013 12:59:09 13,812 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Onward and upward ;-)
    I didn't quit in the end. Completed this morning and glad I did. I chose option...;-)

• Garfy 6 Sep 2013 13:05:23 577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saints Row 4.

Great game but the many bugs and frequent crashes just completely ruined it for me, so disappointing.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Sep 2013 13:08:56 6,233 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Rodney wrote:
    Fatty & Skinny will probably make him quit again though.
  • Mr_Sleep 6 Sep 2013 13:12:29 16,249 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Onward and upward ;-)
    I didn't quit in the end. Completed this morning and glad I did. I chose option...;-)
    Yeah, that boss fight is a pain in the arse but it's worth getting past, I think. Glad you did :-)

• Mr_Sleep 6 Sep 2013 13:12:59 16,249 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Rodney wrote:
    Fatty & Skinny will probably make him quit again though.
    Nah, it'll be the archers, fucking archer cunts

• Page

of 133 First / Last