Recently-abandoned games Page 106

• Page

of 144 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 2 Aug 2013 10:40:26 16,987 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Think I've given up on Assassin's Creed 3, not even made it to the main character yet. There's nothing I don't hate about it. The messy story, the shoddy transition from gameplay to cut-scenes, the floaty, clunky, semi-automatic controls in combat.

It mostly looks nice, though.
    But, but you can run through trees! Consider yourself lucky that you have given up now rather than persevering like I did. I still find it odd that it scored so well as it is turgid in so many areas.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Progguitarist 2 Aug 2013 11:55:23 10,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NBA2K13

Loaded it up, had to jump through various hoops before I got anywhere near a game. Create a password... Create my arse. Haven't got time to fuck around with all this extraneous bullshit.

Was a PlayStation plus freebie so I had no hesitation to delete it.
  • imamazed 2 Aug 2013 11:59:38 5,537 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Once you set it all it's fine. You're missing out on one of the best, if not the best sports game around.
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 00:48:11 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know this is probably going to endanger gasps of utter disbelief from do many of you but... The Last of Us.

I'll start by saying that Nautghty Dog is absolutely in a class of it's own in regards to storytelling skill, graphics, audio, motion capture, facial animation and so on. These guys are astounding and that opening sequence is powerful and dramatic.

The game from then on though just doesn't grab me. I find it very dull and pedestrian. The combat aspect I really dislike and the half arsed stealth. It's so fucking easy to get spotted. I just ended up running past a couple of bits. There is something wrong if you can/want to run past entire sections...

All that's by and by. I'm not that far into the game and encountered a group of infected and one clicker and I have tried for over an hour to get past this and can't. Now, I'm sure that I could if I wanted to but but life is too short to be getting frustrated by this. A single thing and this early on in the game should not be this hard. And no, I'm not shit at games. I competed Dark Souls. I had no problems with Super Meatboy. Stealth Inc is supposed to be hard, no problem. I'm playing Hotline Miami and don't find it that difficult.

How can normal infected take 3 to 4 shots and not die? The fucking clicker instsa kills you!!! Even in Dark Souls you can beat the hardest boss at lv 1 if you're good enough. Fine, making it hard but give me a fucking chance. If they see you ( highly fucking likely) then you are dead. Get rushed. Clicker instant death.

/rage.
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Aug 2013 01:03:22 23,943 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, sounds like your just shit at games.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• wogsy81 3 Aug 2013 01:13:01 719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob Have you played many stealth type games Bob?
    I aint the best gamer in the world but i beasted at TLOU. I can't remember having any trouble at all through my normal and hard playthroughs.

But ohh well. If you don't like the game then thats fair enough. At least you tried eh.
  • thefilthandthefury 3 Aug 2013 01:22:11 24,988 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm playing it at the moment and, while I'm enjoying it, I'm also finding it absolutely hard as nails. So many repeated attempts to get past those bloody Clickers it's not even funny.

Having them able to insta-kill you is absolutely absurd.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 01:22:43 03-08-2013
  • barbour99 3 Aug 2013 07:41:05 945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stick it on easy if you need to, you wouldn't be the first to get frustrated with the difficulty as there were a couple sections that can get very annoying.

If your first choice is to put 3-4 shots into them though, you need to try different tactics. To counter the insta-death, you can also kill clickers in one go with a shiv so take your time.

I only say all this because I think it's worth persevering with...
  • oconnomiyaki 3 Aug 2013 08:01:26 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not really abandoning it per se, but I'm trading in Injustice because they didn't include Martian Manhunter in the season pass. After 50 for the game, 12 for the season pass, and fleecing me for costumes, they can get fucked. Back to TTT2.

EDIT: Also, didn't find Vanquish a slow burn at all. Really enjoying it. Giving me Probotector vibes.

Edited by oconnomiyaki at 08:02:49 03-08-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 08:05:43 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @barbour99 - Stealth is always my first option and only resort to the gun after being spotted. I love stealth games. Dishonored was one of my favourite games this year. I would shiv the clicker if I could get near the bloody thing! It's surrounded by infected.

Nah, I'm done. Even sticking it on easy won't change the fact, for me, the combat/encounters are shifty. The whole game is gonna be this way so unfortunately that's it.

It's a shame because artistically it's amazing and I'm sure the story is fantastic.
  • PazJohnMitch 3 Aug 2013 08:14:30 8,026 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You could try using one of those proximity mine things if you cannot be sneaky. (I generally used them on the people though).

I generally took out all the runners with arrows as it was quiet and you can retrieve your ammunition. Arrows are one shot kills on Hard. (Not tried Survivor).
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 12:23:11 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch - I haven't got anything like that. All I have is a handgun with 10 rounds, 2 shivs, and a broken bottle... I'm sure the game will get easier once I level a bit and get more tools/euipment but I just can't bring myself to get any further. As I said, life is too short. It's VERY rare I get stuck in a game and so ok that's it but this is just so bloody shit and stupid. Instant death if I am seen? REALLY? No, i'm calling it a day but thank you for the suggestions :-)
  • Folant 3 Aug 2013 12:48:51 1,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That bit isn't hard at all.
    Go forward where you drop and take out the infected looking away.
    Backtrack a bit and watch for the infected going onto the room, sneak behind and follow to take out quietly.
    Hug the wall in the corridor watching the infected behind the clicker walking in circles, take him out quietly as he moves away from you.
    Same with the last walker at the other end of the room.
    Move in close behind the clicker and shiv him up.

Best you call it there though, because if that bit beat you, you'd stand zero chance later on. :-P

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 13:34:49 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Folant - exactly why I'm quitting it now. I probably would persevere but I'm just not finding it any fun.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Aug 2013 13:40:01 14,604 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Don't feel bad, just not for you, it happens :)
    wack it on the swapsies thread

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 3 Aug 2013 15:02:52 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am bloody shit at most games however, I found The Last of Us surprisingly manageable!

*not helping here at all*
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 17:42:48 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

Don't feel bad, just not for you, it happens :)
    wack it on the swapsies thread
    Yeah :) but luckily I didn't buy It. A friend lent it to me!
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Aug 2013 17:43:31 1,720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I am bloody shit at most games however, I found The Last of Us surprisingly manageable!

*not helping here at all*
    Oh thanks for that, tsk lol
  • FuzzyDuck 3 Aug 2013 18:09:40 4,038 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I fucking love TLoU and currently blasting through it on Survivor, but can appreciate there is a subtle hint of Marmite to it.
  • Barrel_Trollz 4 Aug 2013 04:54:30 191 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I'm stuck on one of the final chapters in a giant cave with ropes. Literally can't find the way out, no matter how much I look. Worst of all, there's a clear opening with light shining through it right in front of me, but NO, invisible wall. I'm stumped and decided to move on to the far superior Gravity Rush.
  • dominalien 4 Aug 2013 06:54:28 6,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Barrel_Trollz wrote:
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I'm stuck on one of the final chapters in a giant cave with ropes. Literally can't find the way out, no matter how much I look. Worst of all, there's a clear opening with light shining through it right in front of me, but NO, invisible wall. I'm stumped and decided to move on to the far superior Gravity Rush.
    Heh, getting lost in Uncharted, that's something we've never had before. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Mola_Ram 4 Aug 2013 06:57:09 7,256 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ...look at a faq?
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Aug 2013 07:20:37 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Heh, getting lost in Uncharted, that's something we've never had before. :-)
    I do love Uncharted however, those games are so linear that I suspect it'll be virtually impossible to get 'lost'.

... but here we are!
  • Mola_Ram 4 Aug 2013 07:28:44 7,256 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    hi, i am having problems in temple run, how do i find the end of the level
  • dominalien 4 Aug 2013 07:31:30 6,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A bit grumpy today, Mola? :-)

• Mola_Ram 4 Aug 2013 07:52:02 7,256 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Heh. Yeah, I have a bunch of uni shit to read and an assignment to write. Not really what I wanted to be doing on a Sunday, but there you go.

Anyway, games I've abandoned:

Crusader Kings II

...yeah, this is just not for me. My friend swears by it, and I totally see how it would appeal to medieval history and hardcore strategy buffs, but it's just too damn complex, and I don't really want to invest the time needed to understand these complexities.

I love Civ, but this is too much.
  • dominalien 4 Aug 2013 08:43:09 6,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I have a bunch of guys tearing up my driveway because they couldn't manage their time right yesterday, so I'm not too happy either. Friends are coming for barbecue later, though, so it's not all bad. :-)

Plenty of played-halfway-through games here, but nothing officially abandoned, yet. I'm still planning to get back into each and every one of them.

• Rodney 4 Aug 2013 13:40:21 1,872 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Defence Grid

played about five or six levels and wasn't getting any enjoyment out of it and felt no compulsion to continue. These types of games are really just trial error - learn the order of the waves and where to place turrets. I can't be fucked! Good job it was free
  • Rodney 4 Aug 2013 13:57:38 1,872 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark souls

I get that modern games hand hold too much but there has to be a happy median. This is obnoxiously too far the other way.

I don't mind hard games, Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite games, but Dark Souls just doesn't feel fair. Half the time I felt I was battling the control system and camera as much as the enemies. Your character is about as nimble as a bus and there are noticeable delays between button presses and actions on screen.

the game doesn't explain anything either or have any kind of learning curve (it just fucks you over straight away) which combined with the poor check pointing means you spend a lit of time walking around (slowly) just to get back to to the point where you died - only to die again.

To those people who say 'you know when you die in Dark Souls that it is your fault' you are wrong.

I'm sure there's a good game in there somewhere but I don't get a lot of gaming time these days so would rather not play a game that only frustrate me
  • Page

of 144 First / Last