Recently-abandoned games Page 101

• Page

of 133 First / Last

• thefilthandthefury 7 Jul 2013 13:41:53 24,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killzone 2

Haven't quit it yet, but finding it so hard to go on... I can't see me lasting the course. After picking my PS3 up the other week, I've loved the games I've played (especially Heavy Rain) but this is just atrocious on so many levels I don't know where to begin. It might have been great at launch but I'm finding this nigh on unplayable.
  • King_Edward 7 Jul 2013 15:11:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Witcher 2 - who's writes this shit?
  • M83J01P97 7 Jul 2013 16:08:34 6,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @king_edward

Was the same for me last week actually. I'm all for deep, mature RPG's... but there is a line between that and just writing something far to dense and complex for anyone who hasn't sat down and studied each novel in depth for several hours first.

I also didn't find the gameplay incredibly interesting. You do a weird sort of floaty run through several corridor like areas that feel more like filler content between combat situations.

Basically, I just don't get why so many people believe it to be one of the greatest RPG's of out lifetime, because it's not.
  • azurelas_2 7 Jul 2013 16:22:39 1,095 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Assassin's creed I, II and revelations.
    Massively overrated games.
  • vijay_UK 7 Jul 2013 16:35:20 1,668 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mass Effect 2.

I just can't get into this game, I keep installing and uninstalling it. Mass Effect was super, and I really want to play ME3 so may have to give up on ME2.
  • Tomo 7 Jul 2013 16:47:43 13,839 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I didn't really like ME2 either. To me, they removed the interesting RPG elements and just made it a blander cover shooter. Loading screens just broke the immersion, and that mining mini-game... gahhhhhh

For me though: Far Cry 3. Mainly because of uPlay, but I was beginning to tire of it.

And tbh, games in general recently. The Last of Us has killed my enthusiasm for much else. I've reverted to indie games, which are just about holding my attention.

Part of me thinks - and whisper it - I might be growing tired of videogames :x
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Jul 2013 16:50:27 35,172 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Killzone 2

Haven't quit it yet, but finding it so hard to go on... I can't see me lasting the course. After picking my PS3 up the other week, I've loved the games I've played (especially Heavy Rain) but this is just atrocious on so many levels I don't know where to begin. It might have been great at launch but I'm finding this nigh on unplayable.
    Nah, Killzone 2 was just as shit at launch. The only thing going for it are the graphics.
    The main thing it had going for it was that it has pretty great enemy AI, which made it instantly better than 99% of the competition.
  • RyanDS 7 Jul 2013 18:10:34 8,699 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Killzone 2

Nah, Killzone 2 was just as shit at launch. The only thing going for it are the graphics.
    The main thing it had going for it was that it has pretty great enemy AI, which made it instantly better than 99% of the competition.
    The last level was superb as well fighting your way to the end bit. Most I've enjoyed an FPS in ages.
  • RyanDS 7 Jul 2013 18:11:36 8,699 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Mass Effect 2.

I just can't get into this game, I keep installing and uninstalling it. Mass Effect was super, and I really want to play ME3 so may have to give up on ME2.
    ME2 is the worst of the trilogy. The series vastly improves in ME3, as does the actual gameplay. Read about the plot of ME2 on Wiki, skip the game, and jump straight into ME3. You won't regret it.
    I disagree. Most of the impact in 3 with the characters is because you have spent so much time with them. When x dies, or Y does something amazing it is amplified by the history you have with them.
  • Soul_quake 7 Jul 2013 18:29:17 237 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOTR: War in the North (PS3 - free via PS+)

Bug at the end of the spider level means I can't continue and don't want to bother replaying entire game just to chance it happening again.

Edited by Soul_quake at 18:32:14 07-07-2013
  • thefilthandthefury 7 Jul 2013 21:38:06 24,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Killzone 2

Heavy Rain is phenomenally good, though. Easily in ny Top 5 games of all time. If you liked that, you may also like The Last of Us - different gameplay styles, but heavily story driven. It's awe inspiring.
    Is the third an improvement? I'm only really going through the second because I want to play that one and felt that I 'should'. Hopefully the frames per second has increased at least!
  • King_Edward 7 Jul 2013 22:22:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    KZ3 is a dire step backwards. It plays better but introduced bullet sponge Helghan, poor stealth and vehicle sections, and a less mocking dude bro vibe.
  • Gunzberg 7 Jul 2013 23:04:26 924 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    Killzone 2

The last level was superb as well fighting your way to the end bit. Most I've enjoyed an FPS in ages.
    Agree KZ2 last level was hard as nails and forced me to retry another time but when you finally did it + saw the ending it felt great.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• imamazed 7 Jul 2013 23:08:29 5,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i still cant do the ending :(
  • vijay_UK 7 Jul 2013 23:12:31 1,668 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Mass Effect 2.

ME2 is the worst of the trilogy. The series vastly improves in ME3, as does the actual gameplay. Read about the plot of ME2 on Wiki, skip the game, and jump straight into ME3. You won't regret it.
    I'll go with this. Cheers.
  • clockworkzombie 7 Jul 2013 23:16:18 362 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @King_Edward
    I too gave up though for me it was the quicktime events. Happily playing along then have to start button mashing.

I don't mind this when playing something like Lollipop chainsaw and other brawlers but not in my RPGs thanks.
  • sanctusmortis 8 Jul 2013 00:10:56 9,590 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MK9 story mode. Because fuck that cheesing POS. PC version actually removes the anti-spam method for Liu Kang vs Shao Kahn (fireball chain method).
  • thefilthandthefury 8 Jul 2013 00:25:49 24,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    KZ3 is a dire step backwards. It plays better but introduced bullet sponge Helghan, poor stealth and vehicle sections, and a less mocking dude bro vibe.
    Well that's disappointing... was really hoping it'd be something special. I'm not too hard to please mind... bar the latest one, I quite enjoy most CoD games, for example.
  • RyanDS 9 Jul 2013 13:28:55 8,699 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Luigis Mansion 2

Just died at the end of level c-5 and really can't be fucked to traipse all the way through again.

Save games / checkpoints exist for a reason, and it amazes me that the makers haven't realised this.
  • telboy007 9 Jul 2013 13:38:41 372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Max Payne 3 - boring as fook. Cut scene with him getting pissed and pill abuse. 5 seconds of shooting through linear corridors. Cut scene with him getting pis...

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• rockavitch 9 Jul 2013 20:15:11 263 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dead Rising 2. Just wasn't fun.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• Bawsy74 10 Jul 2013 12:54:22 142 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Skyrim.

You were amazing for the first 20-30 hours, but then I couldnt see past your faults.

You are just too big! You have the clunkiest menu system going that is clearly not suited for a gamepad! Your loading takes too long, and is too frequent.
  • King_Edward 10 Jul 2013 13:02:07 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Well that's disappointing... was really hoping it'd be something special. I'm not too hard to please mind... bar the latest one, I quite enjoy most CoD games, for example.
    If it helps, it's closer to CoD than KZ2 was. The MP is F2P on PSN if you wanna get a feel for it before buying.
  • dr_swin 10 Jul 2013 13:21:42 4,824 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried Dead Rising twice but gave up each time after I ran out of camera film or batteries and couldn't find anymore.
  • Kay 10 Jul 2013 13:41:50 17,402 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    Skyrim.

You were amazing for the first 20-30 hours, but then I couldnt see past your faults.

You are just too big! You have the clunkiest menu system going that is clearly not suited for a gamepad! Your loading takes too long, and is too frequent.
    Yep, fair to say I've abandoned this (traded it in last week, and I very rarely trade in games I haven't finished). The inventory is incredibly clunky and the melee combat is just plain shit when compared to Dark Souls.

Sure, it's a very pretty world to walk around in and explore, but I didn't find the quests interesting enough and got bored of exploring caves with the same old loot and fighting enemies with the shit combat. Even after 30 hours I felt like I'd only scratched the surface, and decided the rest of the game wasn't worth the immense time commitment required to get the most out of it.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jul 2013 13:55:45 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    Skyrim.

Yep, fair to say I've abandoned this (traded it in last week, and I very rarely trade in games I haven't finished). The inventory is incredibly clunky and the melee combat is just plain shit when compared to Dark Souls.

Sure, it's a very pretty world to walk around in and explore, but I didn't find the quests interesting enough and got bored of exploring caves with the same old loot and fighting enemies with the shit combat. Even after 30 hours I felt like I'd only scratched the surface, and decided the rest of the game wasn't worth the immense time commitment required to get the most out of it.
    Bigges problem is the characters and story IMO, after 30-40 hours I couldn't care about myself, the story, any of the other characters. Very different from The Witcher 2

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• King_Edward 10 Jul 2013 14:13:18 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I'm only 2 hours into Witcher 2 and already I couldn't give a toss about Geralt.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last