Recently-abandoned games Page 100

• Page

of 141 First / Last

• Deleted user 21 June 2013 14:09:41
    Shaddow of the Colossus HD. Trying to defeat the first enemy whilst fighting a messed up camera, whilst playing on the vita; not happening. To save me throwing the Vita out the window, I submit.

Sleeping Dogs. Lost my original save when my PS3 contracted the YLOD. It's a great game but I'm just not as engrossed enough to replay it to get back to where I was.

Edited by feeg86 at 14:11:48 21-06-2013
  • dr_swin 21 Jun 2013 14:54:15 4,865 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was feeling that way but then I enjoyed the last few hours. Definitely worth sticking with.
  • Deleted user 25 June 2013 17:57:39
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Far Cry 3. Well close too. Just not feeling it, and frankly i find it boring. I can;t remember the last time i abandoned a game.
    I'm playing this at the moment and i'm sort of feeling the same thing. It's a decent solid shooter but it's far too "busy" with too much extra RPG-lite shite tacked-on. Pretty looking though.
    Just got to an insta-fail forced stealth section in a story mission where you can't use weapons.

Fuck. Off.

Straight to the trade in pile.
  • oconnomiyaki 25 Jun 2013 23:48:31 245 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hitman: Absolution. I got to the second act and realised that I just didn't care. Nothing wrong with it, per se; I was just completely apathetic.

Killzone. Got it for cheap because I was nostalgic and it really shows you how far things have come. Couldn't even be bothered to finish the opening.

Blood Dragon. Once the 80s nostalgia wore off I just found myself being a bit bored. I've just got too many other games available.

I'm also thinking about abandoning Skyrim. I just can't ever see myself getting the will to finish it, and every time I sit down to play an RPG I go for Kingdoms of Amalur instead.
  • Roddy100 26 Jun 2013 00:28:02 750 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Resident Evil 5. I bought it specifically to play co-op with my wife, then we discovered that it gave her severe motion sickness. I attempted to carry on on my own but realised I just wasn't interested in playing through it by myself and subsequently traded it in.
  • andytheadequate 26 Jun 2013 00:56:52 8,080 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I've given up on Football Manager 13. I've started 3 games now, and I go on an amazing unbeaten run and then end up in a horrible rut come November, which I can never get out of.

When everything is going against me, and I keep giving up 2 goal leads, it makes me want to murder someone, so think it's best I quit. I'd given up on sports games a few years ago for similar reasons, but thought management games would be different (I played CM 97/98 for hundreds of hours, but haven't played any of the newer FMs).

Still, played it for around 20 hours and only paid 9 so can't really complain

Edited by andytheadequate at 01:01:28 26-06-2013
  • TheHammerite 26 Jun 2013 01:50:05 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Yeah, that seems to happen. Same players, same tactics, but suddenly start losing to West Brom at home.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 06:59:35
    oconnomiyaki wrote:
    Hitman: Absolution. I got to the second act and realised that I just didn't care. Nothing wrong with it, per se; I was just completely apathetic.

Same thing happened to me with it. Played a few levels, it was a perfectly fine game but then i just suddenly stopped giving a shit and uninstalled it from my PS3.

It's very much a case of "seen it all before" box-ticking.
  • Syrette 26 Jun 2013 08:52:13 43,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @oconnomiyaki

Blood Dragon is very short, I'd recommend just biting the bullet and finishing it off.

• DUFFMAN5 26 Jun 2013 08:56:36 14,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Far Cry 3. Well close too. Just not feeling it, and frankly i find it boring. I can;t remember the last time i abandoned a game.
    I'm playing this at the moment and i'm sort of feeling the same thing. It's a decent solid shooter but it's far too "busy" with too much extra RPG-lite shite tacked-on. Pretty looking though.
    Just got to an insta-fail forced stealth section in a story mission where you can't use weapons.

Fuck. Off.

Loved FC3, what bit are you talking about ?

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• dr_swin 26 Jun 2013 09:50:48 4,865 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think he's talking about that bit sneaking into the cave, past the enemy soldiers until you get to that boat at the bottom where the guy is giving a speech.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 09:57:56
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

Fuck. Off.

Loved FC3, what bit are you talking about ?
    The mission where you have to steal a privateer uniform shortly after you arrive on the second island.

I was enjoying the game up until then but now i just can't be arsed to keep playing it.
  • kinky_mong 26 Jun 2013 10:13:48 9,958 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be honest FC3 goes massively downhill once you get to the second island, so you won't be missing much by giving up now. The game would have definitely benefited from just sticking to one island and being a bit more focussed in terms of story.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 21:06:01
    Resi 6 -

QTES literally every five minutes, shitty third person over-the-shoulder shooting with fiddly controls and zero tension.

I don't know what this is but it sure as fuck isn't Resident Evil.

Fuck off.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 08:03:19 29-06-2013
  • Syrette 29 Jun 2013 12:00:41 43,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For everything spuds says, add 1 to the score.

• Raiko101 29 Jun 2013 15:37:16 6,068 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But that's the music game genre in a nutshell!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RageBoy 29 Jun 2013 19:02:05 336 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Really not enjoying this. Bit baffled that it got such high scores.

Sure, the graphics are nice but a terrible framerate let's them down and I could rant all day at other things that have annoyed me.

Is it worth sticking with? (I'm at the end of chapter 2)
  • Reacher 29 Jun 2013 19:17:50 699 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Remember Me.

Do you mind if I don't?

Thanks.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 19:18:17
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    He didn't rate the game though. The QTE is what puts me off. Thats not gameplay to me.
    Grabbed by a zombie - QTE
    Need to turn a crank or whatever - QTE
    Need to swim/climb something - QTE

Plus another bunch of stuff involving bosses etc that leads to..... more QTEs. They are literally a constant bombardment.
  • Syrette 1 Jul 2013 23:50:55 43,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ni No Kuni

Just not for me, I think. It's gorgeous, charming, and has a compelling story but the actual interactive elements just don't excite me enough and I can't take much more of the hand-holding. I keep going back to it for little sessions here and there between shorter titles, which doesn't help, but sadly this rightly implies that I'm only playing it when I've got nothing else to play.

If it was just a few hours long I'd finish it but this is a JRPG and I don't think I've got the fortitude and time to persevere much more. Even though I'm sure it'll improve.

• Deleted user 1 July 2013 23:54:29
    Syrette wrote:
    Normally I would agree that he is a miserable bastard, but Resi 6 really is that shit.
  • Ryze 2 Jul 2013 00:14:49 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Okami hd. Fuck me, been "playing" for half an hour and haven't even started, it's just page after page of the slowest moving text I have ever seen, in any good game this would have lasted five minutes max. The text appears on the screen at around a word every three seconds, then every five words you need to press x to move to the next five words. Jesus Christ, it as if the game was designed for a five year old who had to have mommy spell and say each word slowly to explain, and all this with the most annoying sound effects behind and some grating noise that I think is meant to be the voice of the narrator or witch or something.

Probably the first game I have ever abandoned without actually playing, life is too short to see how much further this intro lasts.

Edited by RyanDS at 21:12:37 20-04-2013
    I agree with you completely. Not only does Okami have easily the very worst intro to a game I have EVER played, it has quite possibly the worst intro to any form of entertainment I have ever experienced in my life. Seriously. It is absolutely fucking shit. No wonder the game flopped.

Even worse, due to the ambiguity of the options menu, after sitting and frantically hammering X for literally 20 minutes I finally got into the game and went to scroll through the options - made some changes to controls and then selected 'return to title' as in to get back into the game and the piece of shit dumped me back to the title SCREEN without saving. Fuck sitting through all that crap again. Deleted from my hard drive.

I would honestly prefer staring at the clouds for 20 minutes than having to sit through that abomination again. Utter pile of wank.
    THIS is THE problem with Okami, and I can't fucking believe that they've replicated it in its entirety in Okami HD, several YEARS after the original was released. It was bad enough that they allowed it to affect the Wii version, and that was also YEARS ago. Cockheads.

Fucking retards. If Capcom go under in the next couple of years, then nobody better complain due to this, and the bollocks they've done with the Streetfighter and Resi series with DLC gouging and just making a fucking mess of the gameplay respectively.

Talk about being out of fucking touch in terms of game design.

Let's lock our masterpiece game behind an unskippable wall of excruciating noise and slow scrolling text, so nobody bothers to start the game for several months if at all!

I didn't get past that intro for over a year after buying my PS2 copy. It gave me too many flashbacks of Metal Gear Solid 2's nonsense 'gameplay' experience.

Edited by Ryze at 00:16:12 02-07-2013
  • andytheadequate 2 Jul 2013 00:23:21 8,080 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The intro of Okami really was terrible. I don't blame anyone for giving up in the first hour of that game.
  • B0rked_Gamer 2 Jul 2013 00:44:28 2,483 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead inside much. The intro to Okami is utterly enchanting. Shame the game goes on and on for fucking ever and that island blockhead is a motherfucker.
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Jul 2013 02:14:30 3,899 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RageBoy wrote:
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Really not enjoying this. Bit baffled that it got such high scores.

Sure, the graphics are nice but a terrible framerate let's them down and I could rant all day at other things that have annoyed me.

Is it worth sticking with? (I'm at the end of chapter 2)
    Agreed on Castlevania!

Sure, it looks stunning in a static scene, but the detail comes at the expense of the framerate - which has to be the ultimate 'no-no' for what is meant to be an action game.

The bloody thing looks like it's locked at 20fps, it felt borderline unplayable to me.
  • Murbal 3 Jul 2013 13:43:18 21,924 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Metal Gear HD - mechanics just feel trapped in another era.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - can't really say why but I just have no compulsion to play it.
  • RyanDS 3 Jul 2013 13:45:46 9,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:

Luigi's Mansion 2 - can't really say why but I just have no compulsion to play it.
    Possible Luigi for me as we'll. charming game, but I died towards the end of a level a while back and couldn't be bothered to redo it and turned it off. That was a few weeks ago and I have had no inclination to return to it.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Jul 2013 13:56:25 14,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Murbal wrote:

Possible Luigi for me as we'll. charming game, but I died towards the end of a level a while back and couldn't be bothered to redo it and turned it off. That was a few weeks ago and I have had no inclination to return to it.
    Im after LM2 for my 7 year old...get it on the swap thread ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Page

of 141 First / Last