Recently-abandoned games Page 97

• Page

of 140 First / Last

• dominalien 27 Apr 2013 06:43:16 6,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I sat through the Okami intro last night and the first save I made after that was clocked at 18 minutes and 30 seconds.

Yes, it's unskippable and unnecessarily long and the "voices" are horrible, but it has a busty sprite (who I think dies during the intro?) and a moderately entertaining painter bug who lives between her breasts.

What follows is an enjoyable game, and within the first hour you've met a dragon god and a hamster god, learned two brush strokes, repaired a river and a sword and fought some and saved a village from being forever locked away in a bloated fruit. It's all good stuff.

I'll need to try it with Move; the pad is all good, but painting is slightly awkward with it.

So anyway, the intro is long and the story in it is rather random, but it's well worth sitting through and within the first hour of the game you will have played for over 40 minutes and THAT would be a good time to decide whether you like the game or not.

PSN: DonOsito

• Triggerhappytel 28 Apr 2013 09:22:44 2,667 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'm giving up with Quantum Conundrum. I've really enjoyed it up until now, but I'm on a room that v been trying for weeks, and the platforming is doing my head in. I've got a huge backlog at the moment and life's too short, so I think I'll pass on it and delete it from my HDD.
  • Rens11 28 Apr 2013 12:49:22 1,385 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had to give up on Quantum Conundrum aswell, some of the worst tearing I've ever seen give me vsync dammit

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Darth_Flibble 28 Apr 2013 15:17:20 1,614 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Star trek: the video game. got it sent from LF as the reviews hit. Gave it ago while my mate gets Riptide. Its utter fucking shit and boredom rolled into one. 6/10 is way too high for this shit. Apparently is been in development for a while as well. None of its fun or even ok to play
  • dsmx 28 Apr 2013 22:19:13 7,548 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS Thing is for me I go into uncharted and I want drake to live, I go into a mario game and I couldn't care less about him and I seem to end up always wanting him to die. I just can't get into the game, or any mario game and truth be told Nintendo games in general.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• dsmx 29 Apr 2013 01:52:14 7,548 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS And mario isn't? How about all those goombas he's stomped on over the years, most games involve killing, difference is at least drake actual is likeable and has a personality.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ronuds 29 Apr 2013 23:02:38 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's an odd argument all around.
  • Adamical 29 Apr 2013 23:06:50 313 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    At least Drake does his job, finding treasures and shit.

I ain't seen Mario do a single plumbing job in my fucking life, the lazy cunt.
  • dsmx 29 Apr 2013 23:13:08 7,548 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS I never said it was okay, I just fail to see why I should criticise drake for killing hundred when mario kills hundreds as well. They both kill difference is drake is funny, likeable person whereas mario has no personality of any kind.

• DFawkes 29 Apr 2013 23:42:40 22,581 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always felt he has quite a well defined personality in the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Anthony_UK 30 Apr 2013 01:50:31 2,457 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goombas have feelings too!
  • Big-Boss 30 Apr 2013 03:41:01 11 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I recently played through MGS4 again after nearly 4 years to collect some trophies and still think the game is great to play and experience. I remember doing at least 10 playthroughs back in my gaming heyday of 2008 to get every single emblem and fully unlock everything. I do feel rather fatigued now though and I've now discovered that I have to do it all over again to get the platinum trophy. Fuck that man! This has to be one of the biggest grinds in gaming history. I could perhaps tolerate another Big Boss emblem playthrough if there was a trophy for it, but to unlock every single emblem? AGAIN?! Seriously fuck off with that shit developers!

I've unlocked 88% of trophies and leaving it at that. No way do I have the time or patience to go through that game another 8 times these days. I've played MGS4 to death now so will patiently wait for MGS5 instead. I've near permanently abandoned MGS4 now I think. I've already finished it loads of times and my latest playthrough confirms I have no real desire to replay it in the future. The ludicrous trophy list, whilst not essential, further strengthens my decision.

Edited by Big-Boss at 03:45:11 30-04-2013
  • Mola_Ram 30 Apr 2013 04:25:04 6,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why on earth does it matter that Mario has no personality? You're not playing those games for the deep characterisation.
  • King_Edward 30 Apr 2013 06:16:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Neither Mario or Drake are real enough to apply any real world thinking to their actions. Uncharted is Indiana Jones. Everyone Drake shoots is unquestionably asking for it. They're all undoubtedly child traffickers, rapists, murderers, and Loose Women viewers.
  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 07:01:50 9,050 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Neither Mario or Drake are real enough to apply any real world thinking to their actions. Uncharted is Indiana Jones. Everyone Drake shoots is unquestionably asking for it. They're all undoubtedly child traffickers, rapists, murderers, and Loose Women viewers.
    very well put. I was trying to think of what to say but you summed out up perfectly.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 07:05:31 23,081 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    very well put. I was trying to think of what to say but you summed out up perfectly.
    Agreed.

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• Progguitarist 2 May 2013 23:46:17 10,399 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hitman: Absolution

Played for the first mission and realised I can't be arsed playing digital hide and seek.

Shit mission, most likely is a shit game.
  • Wavey 2 May 2013 23:55:44 353 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Progguitarist your opinion but I love the series. Did you use disguises at all or anything like that? I guess part of the appeal is the sort of hide and seek nature and observing what patterns the people do in order to adapt. That first mission you were on, I drugged the chef and the top security officer to steal there clothes for example. One of many options I presume. But hey, don't have to like it! :D
  • Armoured_Bear 2 May 2013 23:58:08 10,233 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Hitman: Absolution

Played for the first mission and realised I can't be arsed playing digital hide and seek.

Shit mission, most likely is a shit game.
    I got to the third I think, shame as it looks very nice.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Progguitarist 2 May 2013 23:59:26 10,399 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a disguise but might as well have not. Apparently if you get too close to guards, they can see through it anyway.

It was a freebie on PS plus so nothing lost.

Not my kind of game. Too much fiddly shit.
  • sirtacos 3 May 2013 10:09:54 7,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm with you on that one. I thought Hitman Absolution was fiddly and shit.

They took the good parts of Blood Money, prettied them up a bit, and then bound it all together with a bucket of shit. The padding is unnecessary and downright frustrating - I think that was the worst part, aside from the "pull your hat down conspicuously (or shield your face with your hands) and you're invisible!" meter.

I gave up after being confronted with level after level of linear dullness. Hitman is all about the relative freedom, the multitudinous paths and methods at your disposal, and the sandbox level structure.

Absolution gives you a taste of that, and then forces you to play a much shittier game (escape 'em up/ corridor shooter) for no discernible reason.
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 10:26:05 10,399 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @sirtacos /high five
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:30:14
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

A truly fantastic game that I struggle to find any glaring fault with, but after 120+ hours and having rised only to a lowly rank 7 there is little light at the end. I dont fancy dedicating months of my life to one game, no matter how good, high time for tatty bye I think.
  • Paulie_P 4 May 2013 20:23:49 410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Paper Mario Sticker Star

I hate the whole sticker system. Made it to world 1-6 and I'm actually avoiding the battles as there is no actual reward for doing them. I miss the companion characters from the previous games too.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 20:30:01
    My perseverance surprises me. I had all but given up on Borderlands 2 (despite adoring the first) as it was a grindy mess imo.

I've played a couple more hours this week and it's going OK but it's not the sort of game that I want to play compulsively for hours on end.

It's very grindy, the humour is ok (not as good as the first imo again) and it's over hard in certain areas.

I know there is a big pot of happiness waiting for me to finish it but I'm not sure when that will be. I bought it on release and have just got to the bit after attacking Jack's city

I'm either really forgetful or it goes to show how memorable that area was that I can't remember what the fuck it was called!

So far a 5/6 at best and it's a real drag :(
  • Gruff 4 May 2013 21:00:46 2,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    My perseverance surprises me. I had all but given up on Borderlands 2 (despite adoring the first) as it was a grindy mess imo.

I've played a couple more hours this week and it's going OK but it's not the sort of game that I want to play compulsively for hours on end.

It's very grindy, the humour is ok (not as good as the first imo again) and it's over hard in certain areas.

I know there is a big pot of happiness waiting for me to finish it but I'm not sure when that will be. I bought it on release and have just got to the bit after attacking Jack's city

I'm either really forgetful or it goes to show how memorable that area was that I can't remember what the fuck it was called!

So far a 5/6 at best and it's a real drag :(
    REALLY benefits from multiplayer co-op with buddies (like most games) but it helps to mask the grindyness

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Page

of 140 First / Last