Recently-abandoned games Page 93

• Page

of 144 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 March 2013 07:16:01
    Half Life 2

I've actually played through the game, but I just don't understand the praise it gets. The story is convoluted and it just drags on and on. Once you reach the end, nothing really gets explained either..

Mario

I'm not sure why, but I just can't stand Mario or any of his games. I just find them tedious at best.
  • JBlokeUK 9 Mar 2013 12:10:33 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - PS3.

The single player campaign isn't grabbing me at all. As for the multiplayer, well I was starting to enjoy it until I noticed that its just a bunch of snipers running around who can kill you without having to aim! Also lately there's been a lot of mouthy kids playing - big turn off.

I like it when he's angry.

• Scimarad 9 Mar 2013 14:14:37 8,546 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Assassin's Creed 3 is almost ready to go on my abandoned pile. I don't dislike Connor half as much as I though I would but almost everything about actually playing the game is either mind-numbingly dull or incredibly irritating.
  • Zackv4861 9 Mar 2013 14:20:31 1,085 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    Assassin's Creed 3 is almost ready to go on my abandoned pile. I don't dislike Connor half as much as I though I would but almost everything about actually playing the game is either mind-numbingly dull or incredibly irritating.
    My thoughts exactly!! Though i did like the naval battles  i thought they were rather good. I guess they did too hence the pirate/water theme for AC4

Edited by Zackv4861 at 14:21:47 09-03-2013
  • TechnoHippy 9 Mar 2013 20:28:22 14,715 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    Scimarad wrote:
    My thoughts exactly!! Though i did like the naval battles  i thought they were rather good. I guess they did too hence the pirate/water theme for AC4
    I've just abandoned this as well, which is a shame as I enjoyed the previous games.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Nitrous 9 Mar 2013 21:05:13 388 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AC3 is getting closer to be being abandoned for me to. I stopped playing it months ago but thought I'd give it another go yesterday. Just can't get into it which is a shame as I enjoyed ac1 and 2. I'm on sequence 5, does it get any better?
  • Zackv4861 9 Mar 2013 23:03:27 1,085 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Unfortunately not. My own opinion ofcourse.
  • Paulie_P 10 Mar 2013 10:36:09 415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dead Island
    Just started it after buying it on sale months ago and did the first couple of missions and I'm not feeling it. Does it get better or different?

So far It seems to be go here, press square to complete the objective while bashing zombies with easily breakable weapons.
  • TechnoHippy 10 Mar 2013 19:43:37 14,715 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    Dead Island
    Just started it after buying it on sale months ago and did the first couple of missions and I'm not feeling it. Does it get better or different?

So far It seems to be go here, press square to complete the objective while bashing zombies with easily breakable weapons.
    I enjoy it, but it doesn't get any different.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• drhcnip 10 Mar 2013 20:41:47 2,499 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    as techno....gameplay is the same all the way through

but i love it....gets better when you start crafting your own weapons and stuff

great game
  • Luke_Martin_VA 10 Mar 2013 21:20:41 160 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2. What is it about open-world games that leaves me so cold?! And I'm an FPS nut!!

Edited by Luke_Martin_VA at 21:20:49 10-03-2013

w w w . v o x e l a r c a d e . c o m

• Paulie_P 10 Mar 2013 22:12:24 415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TechnoHippy ya, might have to give it a miss then. Maybe it's just because I finished ZombiU recently. I'll maybe try it again further down the line.
  • Kid_Icarus 10 Mar 2013 22:23:56 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I quite enjoyed Dead Island once I got a few different custom weapons, but that's pretty much the only thing it's got going for it.
    It was nice to have an open world survivalish zombie game though, I just hope it gets improved on.

I managed to find some weird skull in the sewers, put it on a stove and I got some blueprints to make a knife that instantly made enemies heads explode. Combined with my electric machete I was unstoppable.
  • imamazed 11 Mar 2013 09:34:20 5,584 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    Dead Island

It doesn't. I know what you mean, but I still loved every minute of it. I couldn't really tell you why.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Mar 2013 22:14:35 3,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Farcry3. Started off awesome but slowly bored me to death.

That's 3 games now, dishonoured, hitman and now farcry that I've binned off early cos all I wanna play when I get some Xbox time is borderlands.

/fingers crossed for BioShock.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• King_Edward 11 Mar 2013 22:17:49 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Very close on Ni No Kuni to packing in. Loving the story, world and characters, but really struggling with the combat. Stuck on a boss, not sure I can be bothered to plough through.
  • Bremenacht 11 Mar 2013 22:55:30 18,242 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Farcry3. Started off awesome but slowly bored me to death.

That's 3 games now, dishonoured, hitman and now farcry that I've binned off early cos all I wanna play when I get some Xbox time is borderlands.

/fingers crossed for BioShock.
    Maybe you ought to just play Borderlands then!
  • Bremenacht 11 Mar 2013 22:58:12 18,242 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Luke_Martin_VA wrote:
    Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2. What is it about open-world games that leaves me so cold?!
    I just wonder if somewhere out there, there is a blog with an answer to that question. Hmm.

;)
  • Reacher 13 Mar 2013 19:38:29 831 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Crysis 3.. No.. just ..no.

Bored me to tears... and I liked the other 2!!
  • wobbly_Bob 16 Mar 2013 16:42:48 1,747 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3 - This is one of those "I really don't get why it's so loved moments" There are times when I can appreciate why people do like something. For example, Dead Space, i can see the attraction but it's not for me. It's a well crafted game.

Now far cry on the other hand I just don't get it. I only lasted 2 days. The AI is awful, the enemies constantly appear en mass on the road, the side missions are dull and samey, those stupid broken down cars are everywhere and fixing them does nothing? The silly races that break the economy because I could just endlessly race the same one, the combat feels off and unexciting, the bullet sponge animals, the fact animals are bloody everywhere! It's not an island it's a sodding game park! The crafting thing is just pointless. I like crafting in games but here it just feels tacked on and dull. The pointless skill tree where I have to spend points gaining "skills" that are simple every day things normal games give you as granted. The fact the cars have no analogue controlled is really stupid. The whole thing feels padded out and half arsed.

I know this gets a ton of love and the will be a very minority view point. I just can't see why! Definitely not for me, sold it yesterday :)

Two worlds 2 - I really wanted to like this. It feels like it has a great world ( looks beautiful) and has a great story to tell. It also obviously has a lot of depth but here is the but it's far too clunky and unpolished. Maybe one day I'll get back to it but for now it's abandoned. Shame.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:44:18 16-03-2013
  • Deleted user 16 March 2013 16:47:14
    Max Payne 3

Because it is shite with zero substance.
  • Syrette 16 Mar 2013 16:48:35 43,448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's no middle ground with you is there?

• DUFFMAN5 16 Mar 2013 17:10:38 14,666 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DMC on 360. Got to chapter 4 and that was doing well. Just not very good at run/gun combo games. Don't have the dexterity or the patience to learn anything other than 1 or maybe 2 button presses at a push. Back to Lovefilm it had gone, and I don't miss it at all;-)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 16 March 2013 17:47:18
    Syrette wrote:
    There is plenty of middle ground, but this thread is about 'recently abandoned games'. The game has zero substance.
  • Deleted user 16 March 2013 17:52:03
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - PS3.

The single player campaign isn't grabbing me at all. As for the multiplayer, well I was starting to enjoy it until I noticed that its just a bunch of snipers running around who can kill you without having to aim! Also lately there's been a lot of mouthy kids playing - big turn off.
    I gave up on Black Ops, the first game, as it didn't grab me one bit.
  • stryker1121 16 Mar 2013 18:05:23 692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Luke_Martin_VA wrote:
    Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2. What is it about open-world games that leaves me so cold?! And I'm an FPS nut!!
    I completed and liked both games, but both do feel bloated and overlong. Can't blame you for putting them down. FC3's landscape isn't really all that interesting and there's not much to interact with. Taking down outposts never got old, though, and helped me in my motivation to finish the game.
  • FuzzyDuck 16 Mar 2013 21:43:00 4,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gears Of War 2 (my first proper experience of the franchise)

My god, this game is atrocious. Nonsense script, it practically wrote and defined the book on dude-bro clichés, but I can usually push through that if there's a good game underneath.

There is not.

After completing the Uncharted games a combined total of 8 times, and god only knows how many playthroughs of Vanquish, this just feels cumbersome and lethargic. Haven't raged at a game in quite some time, but when my A.I. buddies ran in front of me after lining up a shot on at least three occasions I yelled a bit and turned it off. Active Reload is nice, I guess.
  • Syrette 16 Mar 2013 21:49:23 43,448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

My god, this game is atrocious.

Edited by Syrette at 21:49:51 16-03-2013

• FuzzyDuck 16 Mar 2013 21:58:04 4,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

My god, this game is atrocious.
    There is plenty of middle ground, but this thread is about 'recently abandoned games'. The game has zero substance. ;)
  • king26 17 Mar 2013 18:08:24 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Agree with you in every way. The Uncharted series blows it out of the water.
  • Page

of 144 First / Last