It's just broken and not enjoyable.
    What's broken?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 28 Jan 2013 11:00:24 61,325 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its bugged to fuck, at least as badly as AC1 and generally worse than the previous ezio games by a considerable margin.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Bremenacht 28 Jan 2013 11:35:24 19,663 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No return to the heightpoint of AC2 then? It's turned out to be a disappointment, after having read fairly glowing reviews.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 11:46:22
    It's utterly shambolic compared with the Ezio games. Just about everything the games does annoys me in some way and I cba to list them now.
  • neilqpr 28 Jan 2013 12:00:42 2,865 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't think I'm going to go back to Gravity Rush. Tried twice now but it just doesn't grab me. The gravity mechanic is nice but that seems to be the whole game, go here, kill navi, go somewhere else. Or do the horrible time trials.
  • nakedlunch 28 Jan 2013 12:31:52 23 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have to agree with the other posts about AC3. I've loved the previous entries in the series but I don't think I ever appreciated how much Ezio gave such life to the story. Connor, on the other hand, is unrelentingly tedious and po-faced. The light touch of humour with Ezio is sorely missed. The setting is less compelling, the architecture more limited and the familiar AC tropes of climbing tall buildings etc seem a real chore now. It certainly has its moments but after the excitement of Far Cry 3, it's difficult to finish it off to see the conclusion.
  • FatsoJetson 28 Jan 2013 13:28:57 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    About Assassin's Creed 3:

I said in the AC3 thread how much I was enjoying it when I was at Sequence 8 or 9. I didn't mind the slow start, I loved the character revelation at Sequence 3 and for the first time I actually found myself reading a lot of the Database entries as I'm quite interested in this period of American history. And that's the reason it fell down for me towards the end.

After the drawn-out opening, it felt like the rest of the tale was rushed through to the point where all the different missions and stories became disjointed. One of my homesteaders had a four-year pregnancy and I was still hunting for one of the main Templar characters after I'd killed him on the Naval missions.

I know you get this in open-world games, but AssCreed had avoided it previously by making the side missions less story-based.

Anyhow – I did complete it, but it wasn't quite the game it promised to be.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 19:03:02
    Wish me luck.

At the moment i'm uninstalling all of my PC games. All of them.

I was sat for about an hour earlier on looking at my Steam collection, my Gamersagte and D2D accounts and i just can't drum up any interest anymore in anything i have (a couple of hundred games).

I was trying an "hour a game" challenge-type-thing earlier in the week with what i still had on my machine. Set a timer on my tablet for one hour, start a game and when the timer ends i decide whether i keep the game on my HDD or not.

No games survived after a couple of days of doing this so i think i'm done to be honest and i'm just binning everything.

I can still play the odd bit of BLOPS2 MP and FIFA on my 360 but sitting down to finish a game is an idea i dread now. I might buy the odd game now but it will be *GASP* casual light and breezy shit.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 19:05:40 31-01-2013
  • kentmonkey 8 Feb 2013 20:59:37 20,930 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Couldn't you gift some of the games? Or sell the account? Not sure if either are legal but just an idea.

Back to topic...Motorstorm Apocalypse

Got through to near the end of Rookie in the story mode and I just wasn't getting into it at all. It was extremely chaotic and felt less like a racing game and more like an action movie.

I'm in the minority, but I thought the graphics were pretty awful, that Split Second had done a similar thing better, that the physics were extremely annoying (I've literally just brushed the side of a wall with the slightest of touches whilst going in a straight line, and my car has just "crashed". The replay was quite amusing) and the rubber-banding can fuck off. It completely destroys any tension as you stand far more chance winning a race by repeatedly blowing up and then having a storming last 20 seconds than you do running a decent race.

Much preferred the original Motorstorm (thought Pacific Rift was a bit of a letdown) as it concentrated more on the racing and the tracks.

Do we rate abandoned games in here? If so...6.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 21:50:15
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Couldn't you gift some of the games? Or sell the account? Not sure if either are legal but just an idea.

Been looking into selling the account but much like selling WoW accounts and such, the websites that handle that kind of thing all look dodgy as fuck.

Think Valve frown on it too and kill accounts that they think have been traded.
  • RyanDS 8 Feb 2013 21:51:24 9,857 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Been looking into selling the account but much like selling WoW accounts and such, the websites that handle that kind of thing all look dodgy as fuck.

Put it in the swapsies thread?
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 22:07:31
    RyanDS wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

I'm not interested in swapsies-ing it for anything ;)

Haven't played a single game since the 31st of Jan and i don't miss it at all.
  • King_Edward 8 Feb 2013 22:17:13 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    8 whole days? Impossible!
  • Ziz0u 8 Feb 2013 22:24:30 8,648 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Charity thread then.
  • RyanDS 8 Feb 2013 22:42:35 9,857 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

I'm not interested in swapsies-ing it for anything ;)

Haven't played a single game since the 31st of Jan and i don't miss it at all.
    Well if you don't sell I will happily take it for free. Or alternately the swapsies thread does sales a well as swaps
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 22:46:54
    I literally just took my whole 360 game collection to Game for trade value that was, 52 360 games for a total of £320.

games I kept
    vanquish,
    bayonetta,
    gears colelction
    all my 2D fighters (blazblue KOF etc)

was sick of teh pile of unplayed shit just collecting dust and depreciating infront of my very eyes.

Feels quite liberating not having this big pile hanging over me.

That was 4 weeks ago and I dont miss them games at all.

Spent my credit note on a Vita and havent stopped playing it since. Something quite nice to be able to play it in the lounge with the mrs watching tv or even in bed, instead of being alone in the spare room on my todd.

Guess I'm early 40s now and my gaming habits are less hardcore than they were I now need simplistic pick upa nd play stuff.
  • wobbly_Bob 14 Feb 2013 11:20:03 1,898 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Need for speed : most wanted

Tried really hard like this. Loved burnout paradise and this has criterion's burnout dna running through it. I really enjoyed exploring the city finding the billboards and crashing the gates but for me that's where the enjoyment ends.

Firstly although I really enjoy the city I find it to small, but deab, and and grey. It's really lacking some sparkle and i miss the vibrant sun splashed colours of the paradise. Even most wanted hot pursuit had beautiful coast and highway roads looked better.

Another problem is I think the drive any car from the start is a mistake. A better structure would have been a traditional structure where you race slow cars first and work your way up to the exotic speed demons. All that happens in this game is I find the fastest car and use it. Why would I race a Ford focus or even a dodge charger when there are multiple faster cars. I would be simply making the most wanted race hard/impossible. So most of those cars are jyst a waste of time. It's also a bit cheeky having the map littered with dlc cars that I need to buy.

Burnout paradise had loads of cool race modes but this has a few races to upgrade your car and that's the end of it. Once I did the first  races ( escaping cops and time trial a teeth pulling rage fest) that's it then on to the most wanted races.

Need for Speed hot pursuit isn't my favourite racing game but it has a better focus and is far more enjoyable.

The game feels like it's cheating into the most wanted race simply to make it "challenge" with the cars cheating fast or cornering in ways you can't. Also unavoidable spike strops and cop cars ramming me don't make it fun for me. After getting to the 6th race and having the car go round a huge corner at full speed and shoot away that was the last straw.

Beyond a few upgrade races and the most wanted races that's pretty much it for the single player. I haven't explored the multiplayer but I'm going to sell this now so never will.

It has burnout paradise dna but it's no burnout paradise. Very disappointing, frustrating, ugly, shallow shadow of paradise. It has the cop chasing elements of previous need for speed games but in the open world setting they are simply irritating when im trying to get to somewhere or looking for billboards and have to get chased for ages by determined cops.

I think in the future with EA games I'm going to be very very careful. Cavet emptor.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 11:27:16 14-02-2013
  • Adamical 14 Feb 2013 11:42:19 316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @spudsbuckley Fancy gifting some Steam games? O_-
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Feb 2013 12:04:10 11,924 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'll give Borderlands 2 one more go but It's almost definitely getting dumped.
    It looks gorgeous, is great fun, had great artistic character design and controls great. However, the story is dull, it's incredibly repetitive and after 2 hours I'm just getting bored.
    The exact same thing happened with Borderlands :-(

• Deleted user 21 February 2013 13:12:34
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    It looks gorgeous, is great fun, had great artistic character design and controls great. However, the story is dull, it's incredibly repetitive and after 2 hours I'm just getting bored.
    That's because it is just an expansion pack for the first game and adds exactly nothing that wasn't in the first game.
  • King_Edward 21 Feb 2013 13:15:55 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Best expansion pack ever.
  • PazJohnMitch 21 Feb 2013 13:17:50 8,731 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Best expansion pack ever.
    Surely that is Mario Galaxy 2?
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Feb 2013 14:18:18 11,924 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    That's because it is just an expansion pack for the first game and adds exactly nothing that wasn't in the first game.
    Yeah, fair enough.

• dr_swin 21 Feb 2013 15:09:09 4,915 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I spent far too long playing that game(and not enjoying it).
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Feb 2013 11:18:11 11,924 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    I spent far too long playing that game(and not enjoying it).
    Borderlands 2 or SMG2?

• HelloNo 24 Feb 2013 11:37:29 1,278 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Exactly what happened to me. Needs to play co-op to make it finishable.
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Feb 2013 12:17:10 25,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Black ops 2. Don't know why it's taken me so long to realise how truly awful the single player is. There were levels in which I was just running around, taking loads of fire, enemies were racing about like headless chickens... Just a total disaster. And so much hand holding! Some levels have about these corridors to go down, the rest is watching your character open boxes or throw knives. And the story is so confusing, I'm completely lost after about 4 levels!

I know folk buy it for the multiplayer but Halo has now become my online game of choice. Soz Blops, you're shite.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Gruff 24 Feb 2013 13:25:08 2,947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You need to play it 4 player co-op to get the maximum enjoyment out of it IMO

Completed 3 times got the full 1000G, my game of last year

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Armoured_Bear 26 Feb 2013 22:31:23 11,924 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Crysis 2

I just don't get one with this at all, looks pretty but it's boring as fuck, the environment is dull and the stupid voice is ridiculous. Not my cup of tea..

• Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2013 23:19:38 11,924 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think ZombiU will be shortly dumped.
    There's a load of things to admire about the game, the atmosphere, tension etc. but ultimately I can't be arsed restarting for the 10th time.
    Good game but not for me.

• Page

of 149 First / Last