• Page

of 141 First / Last

• B0rked_Gamer 29 Dec 2012 21:21:12 2,483 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IJ wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    IJ wrote:
    I don't really know why people bother responding to someone who makes statements based on previews and not playing the game. Their views are so completely without merit and they're clearly complete morons so why justify their posts.

Anyway, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because the DVD was in my xbox when the burglars took it :(
    Sorry to hear that :(
    Thanks! Got the insurance money so off to replace everything now.

Can somoeone tell me if Deus Ex is available to buy on Games on Demand and how much it is? I've already got the box and instruction manual etc just the CD missing!

I checked xbox.com and found it on the games on demand but the webpage was playing up and said it might not be available and wouldn't give me a price. Much appreciated!
    Got a ps3? Deus Ex is selling for 6 on the PlayStation store at the moment.
  • IJ 30 Dec 2012 13:27:45 803 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks!

Sadly I only have an Xbox so I paid 15 for it....then the cloud saving was not working (still isn't) so I couldn't continue my game anyway.
  • wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 00:52:44 719 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just abandoned Assasins Creed 3.
    Im only about 5-6 hours into the game but i just cant be arsed carrying on. Its pretty boring to be honest.

I think im just burnout on the series though as i have played and completed all the other Creed games. I love them and was seriously looking forward to this.
    Im well aware that this is a decent game but i just cannot bear to go through all that climbing towers, collecting feathers, partaking in the awful combat mechanics all over again. Ive done it millions of times over and over. And the new Boston setting is not helping to mask the tired gameplay mechanics at all.
    But if i had never played an AC game before im sure i would declare this as the best game ever. But alas, i find this game a bit of a chore.

Out of my 3 big games i was looking forward too this Chrimbo, (Dishonored, Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3) it was only FC3 which i really enjoyed and completed. The other 2 have been massive letdowns for me.
    Such a shame as i was really looking forward to those games.

/getting old
  • theguy 3 Jan 2013 01:24:34 652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What sequence did you get up till? The game does pick up after a couple of hours
  • wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 01:33:54 719 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @theguy Im just past that benjamin mission where he is tied to a chair and is about to get seriously messed up from them 2 nasty dudes.
    Also done an eavesdropping mission and a couple "walk here and watch cutscene" missions after that. I would say im close to tying up the prologue section just before starting the game proper, but i really have to motivate myself to continue.

The sailing sections sound like great fun but im afraid i lack the perseverance to make it to them missions im afraid.

As i said, i know its a good game, i can feel its a good game albeit a bit clunky here and there but i think im just burned out on the series.
    It's my own fault really.
  • theguy 3 Jan 2013 02:50:53 652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It might be worth playing up till sequence 6/7. If I'm not mistaken, you're still playing as Haytham
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 01:19:14
    Think I'm going to have to give up on Darksiders II.

It's a great game let down by the developer's need to constantly pad it out and after 15 hours and just reaching the third act, I don't think I've got the patience for it anymore.

It seems wrong complaining about a game's length, but it really feels stretched beyond need.
  • RichieTenenbaum 4 Jan 2013 01:27:08 2,181 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Like your mum's vagina
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 01:32:34
    True enough. She was considered as a possible set for The Hole.
  • TOOTR 4 Jan 2013 10:45:39 9,498 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• glaeken 4 Jan 2013 11:15:39 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Borderlands 2 for me. I just got bored playing it before I managed to get to the end. I think I did too many side quests and should have stuck to the main quest more. I also found it was far too easy most of the time with sudden difficulty spikes every now and again. The levelling seems to be a bit off as well as even though I did a lot of side quests I seem to level beyond the remaining side quest difficulties so they were all rated as trivial which made the missions just stupidly easy.

It's odd as I played the first Borderlands game loads but the second game just did not grab me to the same degree.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Jan 2013 13:20:24 16,852 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If one is struggling with AC3 then just go straight for the main story, I've given up with all the side quest stuff as it really doesn't add very much that I can see. For some strange reason all of the Desmond stuff is miles ahead of the main game, I've enjoyed every Desmond related thing. Odd really, usually they're the awful bits.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Darth_Flibble 4 Jan 2013 13:36:06 1,625 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fable: the joruney: thought I would give a go since it was getting 3/5 or 6/10 and LF had nothing better to send me. The game was just terrible, the horse and cart was just poor and no fun. MS and lionhead are fucking the Fable series to death as every fable game gets a lot worse. Hopefully some non-liar can reboot the series at lionhead

AC3 is one game I wished I abandoned as the main story is not very good, crappy cities to run and climb in. Took ages to get going sequence 7 and its constant tuturials. also Connor = prick
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Jan 2013 13:38:07 16,852 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The moment when I had climbed up the exact same awkward tree for the fourth time, followed by climbing up the same church several times was the point that I lost interest in anything but getting the game done.

You're right too, Connor is a prick, such a boring self righteous character.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:38:26 25,326 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble is sequence 7 where it takes off.? Currently on 6. I've kept going but so far it's been a painfully drawn out tutorial of things I already knew how to do.

Edited by jonsaan at 13:38:48 04-01-2013

FCUTA!

• Darth_Flibble 5 Jan 2013 13:22:26 1,625 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble is sequence 7 where it takes off.? Currently on 6. I've kept going but so far it's been a painfully drawn out tutorial of things I already knew how to do.
    While since I played (as got on rental 1st week it was out) its about sequence 7 or 8 where it lets you play the damm thing without it mothering you
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2013 16:45:05 3,853 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Borderlands 2 for me. I just got bored playing it before I managed to get to the end. I think I did too many side quests and should have stuck to the main quest more. I also found it was far too easy most of the time with sudden difficulty spikes every now and again. The levelling seems to be a bit off as well as even though I did a lot of side quests I seem to level beyond the remaining side quest difficulties so they were all rated as trivial which made the missions just stupidly easy.

It's odd as I played the first Borderlands game loads but the second game just did not grab me to the same degree.
    it was probably too easy because you did too many sidequests and were overlevelled. I juggled the sidequests to ensure I remained at the same level as the story which also made the loot better.

I've just started my second character, gaige as axton (or DiscoStu as he is nicknames) has just capped off at 50

i might have abandoned hitman : absolution. Like dishonored, I started off loving it but its slowly faded to a pile of bollocks.

Doesn't matter what I play lately, I keep returning to borderlands

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:49:12 05-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• king26 6 Jan 2013 18:10:20 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    L.A Noire
    Not a bad game and has some excellent ideas. Character models look almost realistic and LA seems to be an interesting city. I've only done the first tutorial case so far but it just seems so boring. Everything's so slow, I'll come back to it at some point but I've got FC3, Batman AC, Uncharted 3 and GT5 to be get on with.
  • LionheartDJH 6 Jan 2013 18:15:48 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does pick up and is pretty good (though can feel a bit worn towards the end) but yeah certainly not as action packed as those other titles you've got there!

If you're in the mood for something a bit slower though fire it up again, some people have said doing a couple of cases a night was a good way of playing it.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Raiko101 6 Jan 2013 20:19:32 6,079 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

I got carried away with the hype behind this one and wanted something to hold me over until the next console-based Mario Kart. However, this doesn't really compare. The visuals are great, if cluttered, but the track layouts are bland and unimaginitive. So to are the weapons which are all quite similar.

The difficulty level is great, and that's something the game has over the recent Mario Kart titles, but the AI is pretty poor. There are a few corners they struggle with, from time to time and they bump into as if they've no idea you're there. You can't really push back either.

It's not a bad game, but far from the quality of Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing.

Edited by Raiko101 at 20:55:54 06-01-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Short-Round 6 Jan 2013 22:46:54 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Halo Anniversary

Tried to complete Halo when it came out on pc, but gave up through boredom when the flood showed up. Thought I'd give this a bash, but have to abandon it due to boredom again, and I haven't even got as far as the flood this time. It's travelling through literally the exact same corridors and rooms, over and over and over again. How anyone can sit through this game in single player is beyond me, it's so shit.
  • Paulie_P 11 Jan 2013 23:51:49 411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Banjo Tooie

I just couldn't take it anymore. The first one was brilliant but this one just thought making everything bigger would make it better but instead, it makes it more frustrating.

Even with the warp pads, it was ridiculous the number of times I got somewhere only to find:
    A) I had to be Mumbo
    B) I had to be Banjo without Kazooie
    C) I had to be Kazooie without Banjo
    D) I had to be changed into something by the other Shaman
    E) I hadn't learnt the required moves
    F) A combination of 2+ of all these

And the amount of things you had to collect, feathers (red and gold), jiggys, notes, honeycombs, eggs, fire eggs, ice eggs, grenade eggs, clockwork eggs, jingos, empty honeycombs and a lot of the quests were find 4 of this, defeat 5 of that, some even required you to backtrack back and forth between the worlds. It was very overwhelming.

It also introduced FPS sections and the aiming was a bit off.

Overall, only play if you are a diehard collectathon fan and don't mind extensive backtracking.

5/10

Edited by Paulie_P at 23:52:20 11-01-2013
  • Kanjin 12 Jan 2013 01:04:03 1,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Borderlands 2.

I'll probably end up playing it again eventually. But it just drags too much for me. Slog slog slog through waves of enemies - that respawn right on top of you!

It is tons of fun sometimes so I don't regret spending money on it.
  • FWB 12 Jan 2013 01:25:58 43,853 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Borderlands is best played in chunks. Else it will bore you.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jan 2013 07:42:19 14,423 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Witcher 2

I really tried and wanted to like the game. However after many hours with it and restarting from the get go, I have to admit defeat and say it is not for me.
    I love action rpg's and while I can see it is a good game, and I did have some fun with it, not enough though to keep keeping on. I have way too many games and not enough time to play or even want to play, to stick with something I'm not getting on with.
    I might end up reading about the game and watching some gameplay/movies on Youtube, as I am interested in what happens in the end, but would rather watch them than play them.
    I'm being brutal this year, so it is off to the swapsies thread with it.

*woke up at 05:00 today! so started the next game on the "pile of shame"
    The Walking Dead, excellent only at the barn, the first major choice I would assume...but I think it is excellent, never seen the tv show.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 07:44:58 13-01-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2013 10:07:14 16,852 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    The Witcher 2
    This makes me sad as it really is outstanding and worth the time. It's a bit like Dark Souls in the way that much of the combat skill is not transferable from other games. Still, I guess it isn't for everyone.

• YenooR 14 Jan 2013 23:36:39 529 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im giving up on Vanquish,I have tried to like this game but am finding it to hard.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 21:30:59 10,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Max Payne 3 (PC)

Good fun but gives me horrid motion sickness so that 30GB will be getting recovered sharpish :-(

Dishonored time!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Nitrous 28 Jan 2013 10:35:41 337 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Need For Speed Most Wanted - PS3 (the new one)

IMO NFS MW (2012) is suffering an identity crisis. It might say NFS on the cover but its got burnout DNA running through it (same dev's I know) with cops included. Im a fan of burnout paradise and liked the old NFS MW and Hot Pursuit on the XBOX360 but this doesnt translate into a very good game at all.

One of the most annoying things is the slow mo crash cam which takes contrtol away. Looks cool the first few times but it takes so long that by the time control is handed back to you the AI racers have taken off and so you try harder only to hit something else. The end result is that it takes away any flow to the racing and leads to frustration (for me anway)

+Points? Ive given up trying to like it/enjoy it and it looks nice and shiny and has a decent car selection....but that about it.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 10:36:53
    Ass Creed 3.

It's just broken and not enjoyable.
  • Page

of 141 First / Last