Recently-abandoned games Page 88

• Page

of 150 First / Last

• Deleted user 27 October 2012 23:39:42
    ^^TBH the American centric comedy was pretty grating, Tiny Tina got on my nerves every time she spoke, trying way to hard to be funny.

I've given up on Forza Horizon, going to return it on Monday, it's a very good racing game, but I might as well stick with Forza 4, the free roam isn't appealing to me in this type of game, I'll save that for GTA5.
  • King_Edward 27 Oct 2012 23:56:49 11,467 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • FatsoJetson 29 Oct 2012 23:31:04 307 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    XCom

Ashamed to jack it in when its clearly a fantastic game but its too hard for me. Keep getting my arse handed to me on regular missions and I don't have the time to think about starting again and restrategising.

Would highly recommend it to people with the time, patience and tactical nous to tackle it though.
  • RelaxedMikki 30 Oct 2012 00:50:57 937 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Borderlands 2 and Dishonored.

Borderlands 2 is great, and I will return to it, but there was just a bit too much faffing about travelling between missions, replaying missions in co-op, and standing around in the hub whilst people chased exclamation marks and sold stuff. When you have a gang of 4 in an epic battle it is superb though.

Dishonored didn't work for me. Gameworld did not really feel very deep - too many cloned NPCs. And the setting reminded me of Fable 3 without the charm. Why are there posters for the Golden Cat everywhere?! They must have been giving them away with cornfalkes or somethink... The game seemed to favour a non-lethal approach, but that tended to just mean endlessly sneaking up behind npcs, strangling them, and piling them up in fireplaces. Levels ended up littered with six foot high piles of weirdly contorted snoring rag dolls.

Loving XCOM though. Although I haven't dared boot it up tonight because I have the terrible feeling I played through an epic mission last night and then forgot to save. I just can't face having to play through it again...

Man. In 5 years of gaming, I've changed from a wide-eyed kid in awe of the industrial light and magic of this generation to a bitter old cynic...!
  • sirtacos 30 Oct 2012 02:19:48 7,351 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Borderlands 2

Great fun for a while, but once the boredom set in, it's there to stay.

Mass Effect 3

Started again with a different ME2 save to see the differences.
    Every consequential choice is boiled down to a binary, with no significant difference between either. The dialogue is stilted and the characters are bland. It feels like an on-rails military cover shooter in space. There's some great stuff in there, but a second playthrough lays bare the illusion of meaningful player agency.

Edited by sirtacos at 03:53:56 30-10-2012
  • beastmaster 4 Nov 2012 11:42:51 11,803 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3

Not getting on with it at all. Find it too frustrating and full of glitches. I did enjoy it at the start but it's very quickly become a chore.

It's going to get traded in towards Black Ops 2 in a couple of weeks. Right now to Forza Horizon.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• MatMan562 4 Nov 2012 12:09:21 2,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Assassins Creed 3

Not getting on with it at all. Find it too frustrating and full of glitches. I did enjoy it at the start but it's very quickly become a chore.

It's going to get traded in towards Black Ops 2 in a couple of weeks. Right now to Forza Horizon.
    Have you at least got to Sequence 6? That's when the game really gets good.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 4 November 2012 19:31:52
    The Witcher 2 (Xbox 360)
    I've finished the tutorial and I've done a few of the flashback bits but I'm just not getting it. I know it got really good review scores but it's not gelling with me at all.

Bah, maybe I've just gone off RPGs. Haven't played one in a while.
  • dsmx 4 Nov 2012 20:54:36 7,689 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Witcher 2 didn't really gel with me either, I can see it's a very good game but I just can't into the way the combat works.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Rens11 9 Nov 2012 20:36:17 1,456 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bayonetta Xbox 360

After completing Vanquish which was probably my GOTY so far I was looking forward to this. On chapter 4 at the moment but it's just not doing it for me. The cheesy arse cam shots feel cheap and the near constant screen tearing which often occurs in the middle of the screen just makes playing the game a ballache. Struggle to see how it's got so much praise would hate to see how bad the PS3 version performs

Edited by Rens11 at 21:09:36 09-11-2012

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• King_Edward 9 Nov 2012 20:51:59 11,467 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ^ Best Fighting Game Ever. That's why.
  • Trafford 9 Nov 2012 21:10:49 5,932 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I need to treat myself to another play through.
  • RelaxedMikki 9 Nov 2012 22:06:27 937 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Strangely, the screen tear in Bayonetta never seems to happen during the fights. Only in the exploring sections. I guess they cut down the background detail during combat or something.

The 60 frames-per-second fights really zone me out in that game. I feel like I am am reacting before I have even seen what I am responding to. Its ace.
  • andytheadequate 9 Nov 2012 22:24:21 8,322 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The fighting is brilliant, but the cutscenes are awful, and last for around half the game. We watch a video of her fighting when I could be doing it myself?!
  • Syrette 9 Nov 2012 23:19:55 44,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's an element of me that thinks Bayonetta is a little overrated.

• skuzzbag 9 Nov 2012 23:39:29 5,679 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's pretty much the whole game in a nutshell.
  • King_Edward 9 Nov 2012 23:56:53 11,467 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    There's an element of me that thinks Bayonetta is a little overrated.
    So you think it's very, very good?
  • Deleted user 10 November 2012 11:49:12
    Same here as well. Bought pretty much every new big game on launch day up until about 3 or 4 months ago when I realized that there are maybe 6 or 7 different games that are just reskins of each other when you get down to brass tacks.

Barely play anything anymore and I'm actually finding it more and more difficult to do even that much.
  • Deckard1 10 Nov 2012 12:13:56 29,183 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh Jesus spuds has finally found someone as miserable as him. You two should fuck. Then you can both complain about it to each other.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• kinky_mong 10 Nov 2012 12:16:00 10,727 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Oh Jesus spuds has finally found someone as miserable as him. You two should fuck. Then you can both complain about it to each other.
    :D

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• FuzzyDuck 10 Nov 2012 12:28:14 4,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    ... and games like Ico, SOTC and Uncharted are just plain overrated, overhyped by fanboys.
    Says the Haze fan.

Not taking the piss or anything, but you should just pack in gaming. You clearly don't enjoy it.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Nov 2012 12:51:23 8,002 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Isn't he the one that made the anti-Dreamcast thread? Yes, clearly he should pack it in, because there's no coming back from that.

Anyway...

Torchlight 2

"Abandoned" doesn't sound like the right word, because I really like the game! It's just the sort of thing that isn't really ever going to end, and I have other things to play.

I will say one thing about the loot, though. It's a thing that I have with most loot games to different degrees, and might just be down to my personal preference, but...

I don't really like how... insubstantial and disposable the loot is in these games. Me, sometimes I like to keep a gun or sword or helmet or whatever just because the thing looks cool. I get attached to things, and like to get attached to things.

But in T2, at most you can keep things for a couple of levels. Then, continuing to wear or use them will probably just get you killed. It's always more, more more, numbers going higher and higher, with basically no room for aesthetic appreciation. It's like a microcosm of the IRL tech race with iPhones and other gadgets.

To contrast, I know people go on about Dark Souls a lot here, but that has loot that I really like. Sure, there's less of it, but every weapon has a personality, and the game never punishes you for not having your numbers high enough (the high numbers do help, though!) And, if your timing is good enough, you can face a guy with a flaming greatsword and parry his strikes with your *bare hands*, and feel like a *motherfucking badass*.

They're different games, of course. I just felt like going off on a tangent.
  • FuzzyDuck 10 Nov 2012 13:09:59 4,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    ... and games like Ico, SOTC and Uncharted are just plain overrated, overhyped by fanboys.
    Says the Haze fan.

Not taking the piss or anything, but you should just pack in gaming. You clearly don't enjoy it.
    Its upto me when I want to give up playing games not you. Theres still HD collections and GTA V to look forward to.
    Well obviously it's up to you, I'm simply making the suggestion that if you're going to spend as much time giving out about games as you do (which is a LOT), then it might be time to review your choice of pass time and seek one that you actually enjoy.
  • monkehhh 10 Nov 2012 19:48:26 3,477 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:games this gen are throwaway shit
    Sweeping statement ahoy.
  • Page

of 150 First / Last