Recently-abandoned games Page 87

  • Page

    of 141 First / Last

  • wobbly_Bob 15 Oct 2012 13:28:57 1,617 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bullitstorm

    Tried this after getting it on PSN+ and surprised how bad it is. The shooting just feels off. Borderlands really nails the feel but this feels wrong. The game is massively linear. You would think a game that is based on imaginative kills would offer you a wider playground but no this is a massively linear on rails shooter.

    I also don't like the do trick kills. In theory its a great idea but in reality I just end up constantly lashing shooting/kick move over and over. The and it's not like I have a choice since you need the points to level up.

    The game is marked by constant poor design choices. A countdown in a maze of eggs are I get instant death, really? Like 3 seconds to shoot a tower of fuel while the big wheel is chasing me or oh yes it's insta death again.

    6/10 for me.

    Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:30:45 15-10-2012
  • Deckard1 15 Oct 2012 13:32:03 27,161 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Installation death is a bitch.
  • FuzzyDuck 15 Oct 2012 14:17:17 3,893 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Bullitstorm

    Tried this after getting it on PSN+ and surprised how bad it is. The shooting just feels off. Borderlands really nails the feel but this feels wrong. The game is massively linear. You would think a game that is based on imaginative kills would offer you a wider playground but no this is a massively linear on rails shooter.

    I also don't like the do trick kills. In theory its a great idea but in reality I just end up constantly lashing shooting/kick move over and over. The and it's not like I have a choice since you need the points to level up.

    The game is marked by constant poor design choices. A countdown in a maze of eggs are I get instant death, really? Like 3 seconds to shoot a tower of fuel while the big wheel is chasing me or oh yes it's insta death again.

    6/10 for me.
    I really don't get this review. How does the shooting feel 'off'? Linear, certainly, on rails it is not. The most non linear part of the game is the methods that your given to dispatch your enemies with, but yet you chose not to bother with those. All you did is constantly lease/kick/move? That means you suck at the game, not that the game sucks.

    You've highlighted the one or two insta-death situations in the game. Again, if you can't hit that fuel tank then you might need to review your 'skillz'. The maze is hardly the best bit of the game, but if you die your dropped back about 20 seconds, not exactly a game breaker. There's tonnes of fantastic design choices and set pieces, but you spent too much time worrying about the game being linear to notice!
  • BryanAKADJ 15 Oct 2012 16:30:41 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stupid legendary Pokémon, being legendary and crap. Especially the roaming ones, if you are soooooooo "legendary" then why do you flee away from me?
    Anyway, I'm basicly done SoulSilver, tired of running around only for them to run away, will probably do the final battle in the future at some point though.
    Abandoning SoulSilver.
    Playing whatever I feel like, been enjoying short sessions of Super Mario 3D Land. Also downloading EP 4 of The Walking Dead.

    Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

  • wobbly_Bob 15 Oct 2012 17:01:46 1,617 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Bullitstorm

    Tried this after getting it on PSN+ and surprised how bad it is. The shooting just feels off. Borderlands really nails the feel but this feels wrong. The game is massively linear. You would think a game that is based on imaginative kills would offer you a wider playground but no this is a massively linear on rails shooter.

    I also don't like the do trick kills. In theory its a great idea but in reality I just end up constantly lashing shooting/kick move over and over. The and it's not like I have a choice since you need the points to level up.

    The game is marked by constant poor design choices. A countdown in a maze of eggs are I get instant death, really? Like 3 seconds to shoot a tower of fuel while the big wheel is chasing me or oh yes it's insta death again.

    6/10 for me.
    I really don't get this review. How does the shooting feel 'off'? Linear, certainly, on rails it is not. The most non linear part of the game is the methods that your given to dispatch your enemies with, but yet you chose not to bother with those. All you did is constantly lease/kick/move? That means you suck at the game, not that the game sucks.im

    You've highlighted the one or two insta-death situations in the game. Again, if you can't hit that fuel tank then you might need to review your 'skillz'. The maze is hardly the best bit of the game, but if you die your dropped back about 20 seconds, not exactly a game breaker. There's tonnes of fantastic design choices and set pieces, but you spent too much time worrying about the game being linear to notice!
    I really never understand why people get so angry when other people don't like stuff they like. It's ok to like different stuff, but you know? I :)

    To a address your points. The hitting the fuel tank is nothing to do with my "skillz" as you put it. As I said, it gives you a few scant second to hit it so not having any knowledge of it I died. This is nothing to do with my ability as a gamer its simply poor game design. Give me a chance to hit it without the prior knowledge of it being there or its trial and error but worse to actually die is ludicrous old school game design. I don't mind hard games. I I loved and completed Dark Souls. This game is simply unfair and poorly designed.

    Yes there are other ways to kill the bad guys that are fun. The you chose to decide I never used them. I I never said said such a thing. Yes there are other ways to kill people and they are fun but a lot of the time you are forced to use the lash kick move because there isn't any other thing to use. When you there are other things to utilize its fun but the linear design and lack of options just limits you can so at least half the time you end up lash/kicking people. I certainly don't "suck" at the game.

    My poi g about the shooting being off is a bit harder to really explain.. It's that special feeling of that is more than the sum of its parts and this just doesn't have it.

    So let's agree to disagree.. You like it and that's just fine. I'm hsppy you did!
  • FuzzyDuck 15 Oct 2012 18:14:51 3,893 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

    Fair enough! I've re-read my post and I wrote some totally dick-ish comments in it, so i think humble apologies are due to you (i really shouldn't have posted just before I headed for a late lunch - talk about being a seriously grumpy bastard without food! :))
  • Zizoo 15 Oct 2012 18:42:21 8,112 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Now kiss!
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Oct 2012 20:58:28 1,617 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

    Fair enough! I've re-read my post and I wrote some totally dick-ish comments in it, so i think humble apologies are due to you (i really shouldn't have posted just before I headed for a late lunch - talk about being a seriously grumpy bastard without food! :))
    No problems and thanks :) we are all grumpy bastards from time to time.... Especially when hungry! I hope you got to have a good lunch at least! Now get off my lawn! lol
  • coomber 15 Oct 2012 21:26:43 323 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Max Payne 3

    Not out of choice, but because I literally couldn't go any further with my current game. I got to a bit just after he shaves his hair off(??) and for some reason the game froze during a cut scene. With my PS3 being completely unresponsive I had no choice but to switch it off. And now whenever I try to load my game, which you can only do by choosing "Continue", it loads... and loads... and loads... and just never gets anywhere.

    I thought, hopefully, I could get around it by choosing to play a chapter just before it froze, but no it just throws you out once you've completed that chapter and doesn't continue the story. Absolutely shambolic Rockstar!

    So I had two options, play it all through again, or just quit. It really isn't a good enough game to warrant the first option.

    Glad I was just renting it.
    You're not missing much. I wish I'd bought it on 360, I think that version was a lot better. PS3 version was full of technical problems.

    Anyway...

    Final Fantasy (smart phone)

    Absolutely dire. Constant wandering around wondering what I'm supposed to be doing next. Constant random battles. Crap controls. Too much hassle.
  • RinseWashRepeat 20 Oct 2012 14:57:27 38 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dragon's Dogma. I tried. I really did. I just can't be playing you right now. Maybe during the 6-weeks holiday.

    Maybe...

    RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

  • Sid-Nice 20 Oct 2012 15:14:16 15,852 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Poland verses England; the game should have remained abandoned.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Mikeeeboy1 21 Oct 2012 00:40:45 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    007 Legends
    I rented it thankfully.
    I played the first chapter and switched it off as it's possibly the most unoriginal and dull game I have played in many a year.
    (including resi 6)
    Shoot people move shoot more people then a shit puzzle and start again.
    Please people do not buy or even rent this abomination of a game.
  • PrivateFloyd 22 Oct 2012 20:20:29 4,103 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonored

    Certainly controversial considering the relentless praise and "OMG GOTY" comments in the thread.

    As much as I would agree the artwork and realisation of the game world is fantastic does no-one else think the gameworld was a bit empty? The game makes it quite clear eventually that any side missions generally set you up for the non-lethal conclusion to the mission, whereas if you plan to kill just go straight for the jugular.

    The AI i thought was incredibly stupid. Not necessarily a criticism of the game but I think all games with routine patrol AI a bit humdrum and frustrating.

    I also think that Corvo can become ridiculously overpowered with careful selection of the right powers, which I couldn't shake was a bit strange as the immersion of sneaking around felt a bit at odds with the fact I was a total badass.

    I have never really enjoyed games of this ilk so it's no suprise to me that I didn't gel with this. It's great that others have enjoyed it though and its awesome to see some new IP getting such positive praise too.

    Not for me though.

    /goes back to Xcom

    Goat is hungry.....

  • Mr_Sleep 22 Oct 2012 21:39:33 16,846 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    /goes back to Xcom
    Funny how these things work, I went for this first and XCom second and I absolute love sneaky games and I don't think this was a particularly good example of the genre.

    I do think Dishonoured does suffer a bit from a stale world in places and indeed, the AI can be crap. I played on hard and bar one level, I didn't find it overly challenging. Compared to Thief it's a walk in the park.

    Saying all that, I loved Dishnoured but I can understand people not necessarily being of the same opinion.

    XCom however is an absolute work of awesome.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • King_Edward 22 Oct 2012 21:50:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's kind of ugly I think. Only just started so who knows, but so far its colourful but kinda dull.

    I needs me some more powers!

    Edited by King_Edward at 22:13:37 22-10-2012
  • darkengy 23 Oct 2012 08:07:59 98 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Battlefield 3 (XBox)

    Had to abandon this game because I'm not used to play in this console. And I always die

  • -cerberus- 23 Oct 2012 12:40:17 2,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spec Ops: The Line on FUBAR difficulty. And it's not the difficulty itself that is putting me off, I can take it, but it's the overly long loading times when death occurs... Sonofabitch!

    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

  • King_Edward 27 Oct 2012 17:02:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Silent Hill 3 HD

    Just keeps crashing. I'm not overly upset about it anyway. The game seems far too happy to ask you to back track around, and almost every room has a monster waiting for you.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 18:22:45
    Red Faction: Guerilla
    For a while I've been trying to get the achievements again for games I used to have for my current Xbox profile (my last Xbox wasn't online). I enjoyed the second one (Armageddon) but I can't be bothered with this one. It's not that it's a bad game per se I just don't think it's good enough to traipse through again.

    Thank Jebus for LoveFilm.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Oct 2012 18:55:28 14,407 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doom 3 (360) Ok you lot were right ;)

    I stand by the fact I loved Doom3 back on the Xbox though.

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • andytheadequate 27 Oct 2012 19:16:17 8,078 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Fantomex - why go through games you've already played, especially really average ones?
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 19:41:03
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @Fantomex - why go through games you've already played, especially really average ones?
    Because it gives you a higher number beside your gamertag.

    Disregard the fact that there is absolutely zero difference between having 10 gamerscore and have one in the tens or hundreds of thousands.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 20:28:20
    @andytheadequate
    I used to be a massive achievement whore, that's why.
  • oceanmotion 27 Oct 2012 20:32:15 15,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    20p and a virtual item. So worth it.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 20:51:56
    @Goodfella
    Just gives me an excuse to post this:
  • Rodney 27 Oct 2012 22:01:54 1,847 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rage PS3. Was quite enjoying this, solid old school shooter wrapped up in some nice modern graphics. On the downside the AI was non-existent (90% of enemies just run at you), the balancing seemed a bit out, I had to grind to earn enough cash to buy ammo in places, the car handling was poor and there weren't enough materials/cash around to make the most of some of the spider bots/centry guns, special ammo type stuff. And the driving fetch/quests were a bit of unnecessary padding. But the shooting was fun and it looked nice!

    I'm a fan of circle strafing FPS (non of this cover bollocks)

    I was on what I think was the last mission and the game kept freezing/crashing during at autosave point. I was close enough to the end not to worry about trying to find a solution on forums (if there is one).
  • griff_dai 27 Oct 2012 23:32:31 410 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Borderlands 2........10 hours in and couldn't be arsed with the American centric comedy script (like the 1st which is strange as I like Amercian comedy) and gave up....... it is not for me and I have learn't two things, Gearbox make fucking amazing games and Gearbox make annoying (should only be sold as a Co-Op) games.......eBayed it....
  • Page

    of 141 First / Last

Log in or register to reply