Recently-abandoned games Page 84

• Page

of 149 First / Last

• PazJohnMitch 14 Sep 2012 18:24:47 8,727 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I nearly gave up on chrono trigger last night. I'm on the last boss and his first attack can wipe out my whole party before I've even had a turn.

But I think I will stick with it. Going to try and do a few of the side quests and level up a bit more and get better armour.

I did manage to survive for a while by messing about with my items and party members so shouldn't be impossible. I was hoping to finish this so I could move on to the stacks of rpgs I've bought on the psp I've just bought...
    I am pretty sure you are meant to die the first time you try the final boss. I thought some of the back story quests only opened up at this point. Also doesn't the boss change depending on which time period you fight him in.
  • beastmaster 15 Sep 2012 18:18:52 11,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Two games

Sleeping Dogs - Yawn!
    Ico - Just started it and ready to abandon. Dragging that fucking bint around everywhere is fucking boring as shit.,

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CosmicFuzz 15 Sep 2012 18:30:25 25,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think I'm going to pack in El Shaddai, such beautiful art direction but such boring gameplay!

Edited by CosmicFuzz at 18:30:40 15-09-2012

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Syrette 15 Sep 2012 18:42:03 44,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Two games

Sleeping Dogs - Yawn!
    Ico - Just started it and ready to abandon. Dragging that fucking bint around everywhere is fucking boring as shit.,
    :eek:

• jonsaan 15 Sep 2012 18:43:48 25,440 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I recently abandoned Gravity Rush. It made me want to fling my Vita at nearest wall. A shame as it creates a fabulous gameworld, but I didn't find it fun at all.

FCUTA!

• King_Edward 15 Sep 2012 18:49:22 11,471 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Think I'm going to pack in El Shaddai, such beautiful art direction but such boring gameplay!
    Did you reach the bit where you get turned to stone, and have to repeat the same section over and over? Easily the dullest part of the game, but it's all gravy after you power through it.
  • Syrette 15 Sep 2012 18:55:14 44,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I recently abandoned Gravity Rush. It made me want to fling my Vita at nearest wall. A shame as it creates a fabulous gameworld, but I didn't find it fun at all.

• andytheadequate 15 Sep 2012 19:24:17 8,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I nearly gave up on chrono trigger last night. I'm on the last boss and his first attack can wipe out my whole party before I've even had a turn.

But I think I will stick with it. Going to try and do a few of the side quests and level up a bit more and get better armour.

I did manage to survive for a while by messing about with my items and party members so shouldn't be impossible. I was hoping to finish this so I could move on to the stacks of rpgs I've bought on the psp I've just bought...
    I am pretty sure you are meant to die the first time you try the final boss. I thought some of the back story quests only opened up at this point. Also doesn't the boss change depending on which time period you fight him in.
    you have to fight him in 1999, but you can get to that point in several time periods I think. The first time you see him you're meant to die but I was at the last stage. I've started doing the side quests and have levelled up a bit so should be ok when I try again
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Sep 2012 19:38:12 25,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Did you reach the bit where you get turned to stone, and have to repeat the same section over and over? Easily the dullest part of the game, but it's all gravy after you power through it.
    No not yet, I'm just on chapter three. Might stick with it for a bit longer and see how it shapes up.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• King_Edward 15 Sep 2012 19:59:28 11,471 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh. There's a whole lotta dull waiting for you then.
  • repairmanjack 16 Sep 2012 03:19:10 6,079 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lollipop Chainsaw.

Got up to the second basketball round. Something inside me died a little. Back to Lovefilm. The game was just zero fun to that point, but moments such as that dragged my opinion of it into the gutter.

Good riddance.
  • Stranded87 22 Sep 2012 16:29:40 1,004 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Corpse Party

I can't help but feel that a substantial number of game developers don't actually play games. Few places is this more evident than in Corpse Party. Really long un-skippable cut scenes right before sections where you're likely to die repeatedly? No thanks.

Puzzles that involve backtracking or doing the same thing multiple times for no apparent reason to get results? Hell no.

I'm normally quite forgiving of games, particularly if they've got a strong story underpinning them, and this certainly seems to have an interesting narrative but my God does it play like shit.
  • santashi 22 Sep 2012 16:44:00 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Stranded87 Out of curiosity, what bit are you referring to? The idea is really to see all the endings, both good and (mainly) bad, so you have to die in order to achieve that. There are a few bits where you have to avoid an enemy or leg it but most of the time you just have to not do whatever it was that got you killed the first time. Just trying to give you hope that it varies later if you gave up fairly early on. :)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• RinseWashRepeat 23 Sep 2012 14:08:38 38 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm close to giving up on Dragon's Dogma. Nothing makes much sense, I could die at any moment. I don't know how half of the sytems work. I don't know where to find or buy new items.

Sigh.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• BryanAKADJ 23 Sep 2012 14:26:39 284 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thinking about temporarily abandoning Pokémon SoulSilver and play an actual 3DS game on my 3DS XL, maybe RE: Revilations.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Gunzberg 23 Sep 2012 17:29:25 1,751 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wario Ware: The Shake Dimension

it got blody frustrating

MadWord

Totally loved it but it got so bloody hard. Out of health, out of continues and then you're screwed

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• andytheadequate 24 Sep 2012 10:34:22 8,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've given up on trine 2. I've tried playing it on 2 and 3 player co op and ita simply not very good. The graphics are pretty but the platforming is awful and the puzzles all seem to require the wizard to lift the other 2 up and then they ditch him.

A huge disappointment as I enjoyed the demo
  • Stranded87 24 Sep 2012 10:37:51 1,004 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I've given up on trine 2. I've tried playing it on 2 and 3 player co op and ita simply not very good. The graphics are pretty but the platforming is awful and the puzzles all seem to require the wizard to lift the other 2 up and then they ditch him.

A huge disappointment as I enjoyed the demo
    Presumably the point is to actually co-operate and not ditch the wizard and in so doing add a bit more variety to the puzzles as they then need to get him up there?

That aside I don't disagree with you, I played some of the first game and it was incredibly repetitive and a bit clunky so never even bothered with the second.
  • Razz 24 Sep 2012 10:38:41 61,655 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Skyward Sword.

Fuck it. I've had the game from LoveFilm for almost a year! :D I'm never going to complete it. It's going back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• nickthegun 24 Sep 2012 10:42:39 61,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unchartered Vita - boring shit. Terrible mini games and after the ones on the PS3 and god knows how many Assassins Creeds, I seem to be bored to death of climbing things in third person.

Ugh, its just awful. You cant play for five minutes without having to do some shitty brass rubbing or swiping about the screen to cut down some bamboo.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Razz 24 Sep 2012 10:47:39 61,655 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Damn, that bad huh? Tell me something, is the Vita hacked yet? Becauses besides playing Wipeout on it, I can't think of what else to do with it. Be nice to hack it and use it as a PMP and retro games console.

• nickthegun 24 Sep 2012 10:49:38 61,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think its hacked yet. Certainly rodpad hasnt mentioned it yet and hes my goto guy for sony haxxx news.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• L_Franko Moderator 24 Sep 2012 10:49:56 9,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darksiders 2 - Borrrring.

I really enjoyed the first one as well.
  • andytheadequate 24 Sep 2012 10:55:44 8,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Stranded87 - we really did try to cooperate but so many of the puzzles made no sense except to get the wizard to lift you. The jumping mechanics were awful too. Sometimes you could make a jump and other times you couldn't. Always seemed to slip off edges too due to the slidey controls.

Considering replaying Lara croft gol again just so I can play a decent co op game
  • andytheadequate 24 Sep 2012 11:01:04 8,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Stranded87 - we really did try to cooperate but so many of the puzzles made no sense except to get the wizard to lift you. The jumping mechanics were awful too. Sometimes you could make a jump and other times you couldn't. Always seemed to slip off edges too due to the slidey controls.

Considering replaying Lara croft gol again just so I can play a decent co op game
  • Razz 24 Sep 2012 11:09:25 61,655 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @nickthegun Ah, chairs anywho

• Raiko101 24 Sep 2012 12:03:21 6,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BryanAKADJ wrote:
    Thinking about temporarily abandoning Pokémon SoulSilver and play an actual 3DS game on my 3DS XL, maybe RE: Revilations.
    Go for it mate! It's a great game and it looks even better on the 3DS XL. Don't take the B-Movie plot too seriously though!

Gunzberg wrote:
    MadWord

Totally loved it but it got so bloody hard. Out of health, out of continues and then you're screwed
    How far in have you got, can I ask? I stopped playing this a while ago because i'd got too into something else. I think I got to the first stage with zombies in it and i'd been enjoying it up until that point.

Edited by Raiko101 at 12:03:37 24-09-2012

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RyanDS 24 Sep 2012 12:59:16 9,833 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Final Fantasy 13-2.

I was enjoying this, then the difficulty just jumped through the roof at the end and WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE JUMPING PUZZLES???????

Traded in for Metal Gear Solid 4.

Final Fantasy 6

Was quite enjoying this on the Vita. But then suddenly I walked through a door and got attched by Liches which seem to be invincible. (In a mountain tunnel.)

I know an hour grinding is probably needed, but needing to grind = poor game design. Off the memory card it goes to make room for the much more enjoyable Final Fantasy 9.
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Sep 2012 13:09:11 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Sleeping Dogs - Yawn!
    Really?, what do you find boring about it?. Genuinely the first person i've heard say its dull.

I just gave up on Darksiders - did my best to enjoy it, but the repetitive combat made it all a bit of a slog.

I can understand why some people would like it......not for me however.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• lordofdeadside 24 Sep 2012 13:40:12 1,162 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Close to giving up on Spelunky, i quite enjoy it, but i've never managed to get past world 1-3 and i'm getting a bit bored. The chaps on the EG podcast said to stick with it, but for how long!
  • Page

of 149 First / Last