Recently-abandoned games Page 82

• Page

of 145 First / Last

• -cerberus- 31 Aug 2012 08:45:50 2,940 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'll try again, the problem is that my grip meter runs out by the time I get to his 2nd arm so I never get to get to his shoulder after shooting it.
    Say, have you been hunting white-tailed lizards during your playthrough? They help a lot...

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Gunzberg 31 Aug 2012 09:55:03 1,733 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got stuck on boss 9 in SOTC - the crab one for ages. Then I gave up, sold the game and watched the other bosses on youtube

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Armoured_Bear 31 Aug 2012 09:59:26 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'll try again, the problem is that my grip meter runs out by the time I get to his 2nd arm so I never get to get to his shoulder after shooting it.
    Say, have you been hunting white-tailed lizards during your playthrough? They help a lot...
    You can hunt Lizards to improve your meter?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Ziz0u 31 Aug 2012 10:05:16 8,392 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup. Pretty much a necessity.
  • PazJohnMitch 31 Aug 2012 10:33:12 8,130 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not a necessity at all. I completed the game without knowing you could kill them.
  • Ziz0u 31 Aug 2012 10:36:28 8,392 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think it would solve his problem though.
  • PazJohnMitch 31 Aug 2012 10:41:21 8,130 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should do.

I did struggle on the last one. But cannot remember specifics.
  • Armoured_Bear 31 Aug 2012 10:51:36 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bugger, Maybe I should go hunting then try again...

• -cerberus- 31 Aug 2012 10:55:20 2,940 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Indeed, but only the white-tailed ones, the regular ones refill your health. You can find most of them on the green save-shrines but some are scattered all over the kingdom. They're not really a necessity because your meter gets slightly bigger after every battle but they do help. You can also shoot down fruit from trees to extend your life-meter, just so you know ;)

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 31 Aug 2012 11:00:31 6,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Batman AC. Played it for about an hour on the PS3 but it didn't grab me. probably didn't give it enough time really.

Funny because i'm enjoying Sleeping Dogs, and the fighting mechanics are pretty much the same.
  • drhcnip 31 Aug 2012 11:38:11 2,509 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

not essential for the last boss but would obviously help if your meter's struggling....

Edited by drhcnip at 11:38:47 31-08-2012
  • Rodney 31 Aug 2012 23:13:47 1,903 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yakuza 4.

Shit game. Shallow forgettable mini games, city riddled with invisible walls, button mashing shallow combat, difficulty spikes, undercooked RPG elements, repetitive linear gameplay that amounts to one long fetch quest interupted by constant randon battles. My wife walked in while I was dressing up a hostess (it was part of the main quest - honestly). Very embarrasing.

On the plus side, the cut scenes were great (the ones they could be bothered to animate and voice act) and the storyline was pretty good (what I saw of it).

played up until the second character (thinking things might improve) but lost patience and gave up

4/10 - I don't get Japanese games.

currently play Batman AA (for the first time) which is a much better brawler!
  • andytheadequate 31 Aug 2012 23:19:56 8,219 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm very close to giving up on trine 2. I've been playing it either 2 or 3 player co op, and a after a good start I've started to really dislike it. The platforming is hit and miss and the puzzles are all solved by the wizard lifting one of the others it seems
  • sirtacos 1 Sep 2012 02:34:00 7,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Black Ops (PC)

I bought it on impulse, as I felt like busting some caps in multiplayer.
    Played campaign for 10 minutes. I got bored, so decided to find a server.
    Finding a decent server here in Australia is a fucking pain in the neck. I'm limited to Aussie servers because of ping. The few servers I can actually play in are shit. Moral of the story: if you want to play games online, don't live in Australia.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Sep 2012 09:50:19 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for all your help guys, I did it!
    I just went back and tried again and after quite some time I made it to the shoulders and never looked back!
    Brilliant game, loved the ending too.

Glad I tried again thanks to you.

\o/

• Armoured_Bear 1 Sep 2012 09:53:34 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Yakuza 4.

Shit game. Shallow forgettable mini games, city riddled with invisible walls, button mashing shallow combat, difficulty spikes, undercooked RPG elements, repetitive linear gameplay that amounts to one long fetch quest interupted by constant randon battles. My wife walked in while I was dressing up a hostess (it was part of the main quest - honestly). Very embarrasing.

On the plus side, the cut scenes were great (the ones they could be bothered to animate and voice act) and the storyline was pretty good (what I saw of it).

played up until the second character (thinking things might improve) but lost patience and gave up

4/10 - I don't get Japanese games.

currently play Batman AA (for the first time) which is a much better brawler!
    I don't like the hostess stuff either but the button mashing is nonsense, the combat is great fun and varied characters, atmosphere and story is what make the game great.
    Pity it didn't click with you, 1st character is my gave still though.

• -cerberus- 1 Sep 2012 09:56:12 2,940 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Glad you enjoyed it. Now again, on Hard. And don't forget the Time Trials! Lots of great goodies to obtain! Weaponry, masks, cloaks, ...

• CharlieStCloud 1 Sep 2012 10:02:00 5,219 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

Hooray!

... and bbboooooo to the person who watched the other half of the game on You-blooming-Tube.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Sep 2012 10:35:48 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Glad you enjoyed it. Now again, on Hard. And don't forget the Time Trials! Lots of great goodies to obtain! Weaponry, masks, cloaks, ...
    I think my backlog is too big to play it again immediately !
    It must have been utterly astounding to play this on the PS2, it's still impressive now.

• JetSetWilly 1 Sep 2012 13:46:07 5,721 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I just went back and tried again and after quite some time I made it to the shoulders and never looked back!

\o/
    I think it's the best game ending ever. When Agro appears it gets me every time. *sniff*
  • Bremenacht 1 Sep 2012 21:29:31 18,458 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    It must have been utterly astounding to play this on the PS2, it's still impressive now.
    Interesting to read how you've progressed with this - I've yet to play it, on PS3 or PS2. Did you finish Ico?
  • Paulie_P 3 Sep 2012 12:29:17 415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kid Icarus: Uprising - No Nintendo. Just, no. The flying sections are ok, but whizz by at such a pace that it's hard to tell what is going on half the time, theres a conversation going on at the bottom of the screen but you're too busy paying attention to the top screen for it to register. Then the on-foot sections are just horrible, the control system is shoehorned onto the 3DS and simply doesn't work.

There are some nice ideas, such as the achievement system and the weapon making stuff is great but if the gameplay doesn't work, they're useless bonuses.
  • superdelphinus 3 Sep 2012 12:37:15 8,074 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Toe jam and earl
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Sep 2012 12:50:09 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Interesting to read how you've progressed with this - I've yet to play it, on PS3 or PS2. Did you finish Ico?
    I finished Ico a few months ago, I also really enjoyed it but preferred SoTC: I never saw them on PS2 at all, I can only recommend them.

• Armoured_Bear 3 Sep 2012 12:51:08 11,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JetSetWilly wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

\o/
    I think it's the best game ending ever. When Agro appears it gets me every time. *sniff*

Did you see the *gulp* limp.?

/tears

• -cerberus- 3 Sep 2012 13:18:09 2,940 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:Did you see the *gulp* limp.?

/tears
    I get all choked up at the very beginning when Wander removes the blanket that is covering his dead ladyfriend on the altar, you can tell by the look on his face that they were abruptly torn apart by fate and that his love for her was quite profound.

• kinky_mong 3 Sep 2012 14:14:21 10,352 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    Kid Icarus: Uprising - No Nintendo. Just, no. The flying sections are ok, but whizz by at such a pace that it's hard to tell what is going on half the time, theres a conversation going on at the bottom of the screen but you're too busy paying attention to the top screen for it to register. Then the on-foot sections are just horrible, the control system is shoehorned onto the 3DS and simply doesn't work.

There are some nice ideas, such as the achievement system and the weapon making stuff is great but if the gameplay doesn't work, they're useless bonuses.
    It really does defy believe that no one piped up and said "Hang on, this is an unplayable mess" while they were developing it.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deckard1 3 Sep 2012 14:15:11 28,244 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You could say that about any wii game though to be fair.
  • Deleted user 9 September 2012 16:12:42
    Darksiders 2. Very much a scrapbook, all ripped off elements just put together in no real satisfying way.

It feels nice to play in the moment but it is just a string of bland dungeons with a loose plot putting together all these shitty fetch quests.
  • von_Doll 11 Sep 2012 13:27:24 2,107 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Better not mention in in the dedicated thread as it's a bit of a hyperbole-fuelled love-in, but I just couldn't be bothered with Sleeping Dogs. Got about 2/3 through the story missions and realised I wasn't actually enjoying it. The city's dull, the gameplay is boring, and although the cliched story hangs together alright, it wasn't enough to see me through.

And yeah, the wet tarmac at night looks slick, but graphically, it's actually a bit of a munter, even with the HD texture pack and high settings. Can't see what all the fuss is about, there.
  • Page

of 145 First / Last