Recently-abandoned games Page 81

• Page

of 145 First / Last

• StevilKnevil 14 Aug 2012 13:58:59 310 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy Have you tried the game in co-op yet? Thats where it's best IMO, really enjoyed it.

GT: SteviL UK PSN: SJM2007

• Zomoniac 14 Aug 2012 14:02:53 7,857 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Skyrim. I'm thinking I'll finish this in about two years after doing 30 hours before getting bored every 6 months.
  • andytheadequate 14 Aug 2012 14:24:56 8,268 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Wow. Pretty surprised by people abandoning RDR.
    I gave up after about an hour. Appalling control system that was just no fun.
    Once you get the slow motion ability, the shooting works well. Again though, it's another case of the game becoming better the more you play it. Can't say I blame someone for not wanting to play a game for 6+ hours just to see if it improves...

@Zomoniac- I gave up on Skyrim after 3 hours. It has exactly the same faults as Oblivion, mainly awful level design (boring dungeon after boring dungeon).

Edited by andytheadequate at 14:26:34 14-08-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Aug 2012 15:33:30 2,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @StevilKnevil Nah, not had chance yet. I'd give it a go though, I did like the co-op modes in the previous titles.
  • BryanAKADJ 15 Aug 2012 12:38:42 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I abandoned this game years back on my PS2 and no longer have it nor the PS2. I was wondering if my laptop could handle GTA San Andreas. I'm watchings Lets Play of it and it looks quite fun now.

My laptop can run Minecraft on Normal-to somewhat above normal settings, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad, The Sims 3, Alien Breed 1,2, and 3 and numerous simple indie games quite smoothly, should it be able to run GTA:San Andreas? Can someone let me know, I can try provide more info about my laptop if needed. I know this isn't the correct thread but my laziness couldn't be bother to search for a proper one :S

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• FuzzyDuck 15 Aug 2012 13:01:41 4,355 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can your laptop not run Google? ;)
  • Stranded87 15 Aug 2012 13:08:30 924 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BryanAKADJ It should be able to run it, but just compare the system requirements to your laptops specs- no-one else can do that for you.
  • BryanAKADJ 15 Aug 2012 13:12:36 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Stranded87 Thanks! Will check it out

• SilentTristero 15 Aug 2012 13:30:10 291 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had to ditch Lollipop Chainsaw. Liked the setting and the tone - generally a big fan of Suda 51's style - but the combat never clicked with me. Made it 3 Bosses (5-6 hours?) in and bought some new combos, but the feel has to be right for me to enjoy that much fighting and it just wasn't there. Arkham City is an example of combat I could sit and engage in for hours.

Oh, and the music was getting on my tits, whether it fit the style of the game like a glove or not.

Maybe I'll go back to it some day. Maybe Suda should team up with Shinji Mikami more often.

Some of you guys have mentioned how you're almost starting to weed out a genre or style of game as you refine your tastes with age; I could pretty much cut out anything 'Score Attack Combat' focussed from now on, I think.
  • drhcnip 15 Aug 2012 13:42:26 2,536 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BryanAKADJ

i always use this and it hasn't let me down yet

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
  • BryanAKADJ 15 Aug 2012 14:16:02 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @drhcnip Thanks! GTA:SA will work for me it says, going to favorite this site. Thanks again. :)

• Stranded87 19 Aug 2012 09:45:48 924 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Runaway A Road Adventure

Bought this on a whim yesterday and gave up on it half an hour later. The puzzles seemed unfair, e.g you look in a bag and find some objects in it but you need to look in it again to find another object while the game gives you no reason to suspect that you didn't take everything out the first time.

Add to that average writing and overly long cut scenes and I just can't be bothered.
  • waggy79 19 Aug 2012 11:35:46 1,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think I'm going to give up on Catherine. I like Atlus games in general and the quirkiness of the story but I'm crap at the puzzle sections (i.e. the 'game' part).
  • Airwane 19 Aug 2012 11:48:23 165 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Skyrim: nice game but at the wasn't too much of my thing those long travel between town arrrgh.
    Need for speed unleashed 2: I just can play it on PC maybe when the price dop or Cex as a cheap copy of it for PS3 I'll try it again. I realise car game are best on consol

My gaming channel http://www.youtube.com/TheBlackViceroy

• Deleted user 27 August 2012 23:16:45
    Dead Island,

below average combat, dull graphics and the most sickly shaky cam I've experienced yet in a game, do they really think all the shaking and seeing hands flail about adds to the 'immersion'? it's just annoying. Climbing a ladder is like being on a boat during a heavy storm.

Great concept, but terrible execution.
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Aug 2012 21:25:45 11,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shadow of the Colossus HD

- I just can't do the last one :-(

Resonance of Fate
    - Just didn't like the feel of it from the start, can't be arsed with such complex combat right now..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• CharlieStCloud 30 Aug 2012 21:35:02 5,289 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

... : (
  • -cerberus- 30 Aug 2012 21:49:09 3,159 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Really? I agree that he's tricky but Gaius (3rd colossus) and Argus (15th colossus) are much harder. Don't worry, keep trying. Once you know what to do exactly, he's quite easy.

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Armoured_Bear 30 Aug 2012 22:03:56 11,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Really? I agree that he's tricky but Gaius (3rd colossus) and Argus (15th colossus) are much harder. Don't worry, keep trying. Once you know what to do exactly, he's quite easy.
    I can just about get on to his right arm then get flung to my deathh and having to traipse through it all again is soul destroying.
    I'm grumpy with a cold, I'll maybe give it another go when I feel better and have a spare few hours..

• Spong 30 Aug 2012 22:38:37 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Resident Evil 4 HD.

Seriously, it's like I just wanted to fritter away the best part of 2000MSP. I played it for about ten minutes, cleared the village, then put it down without saving. That was about three weeks ago, I haven't touched it since.
  • -cerberus- 30 Aug 2012 22:45:02 3,159 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spong wrote:
    Resident Evil 4 HD.

Seriously, it's like I just wanted to fritter away the best part of 2000MSP. I played it for about ten minutes, cleared the village, then put it down without saving. That was about three weeks ago, I haven't touched it since.
    I imported the Japanese version with both C:V & 4 on disc. C:V was kind of worth the purchase, it looks like a different game. But I didn't even bother to finish 4. Garbage and a total waste of money.

• chrisno21 30 Aug 2012 22:53:57 1,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

have you checked any videos or guides, the last he is the most formulaic and one of the easiest once you know what to do. Not saying you should cheat, but don't give up its a terrific ending that you're missing after the journey.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Spong 30 Aug 2012 22:55:53 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    I imported the Japanese version with both C:V & 4 on disc. C:V was kind of worth the purchase, it looks like a different game. But I didn't even bother to finish 4. Garbage and a total waste of money.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I've got CVXHD too, I bought that when it was released on XBLA. Like you said, it was much better than 4HD, at least to the point that I completed it a couple of times.
  • -cerberus- 30 Aug 2012 23:32:11 3,159 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spong wrote: Glad I'm not the only one. I've got CVXHD too, I bought that when it was released on XBLA. Like you said, it was much better than 4HD, at least to the point that I completed it a couple of times.
    Take a look at the results of my first playthrough of C:VX HD here. :cool:

• CosmicFuzz 31 Aug 2012 00:38:41 24,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't take anyone seriously when they call Resi 4 "garbage". Have you never played any other games? Even if you don't get on with it, it's a supremely polished and well made game, and better than 90% of actual garbage released nowadays.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• DUFFMAN5 31 Aug 2012 04:38:21 14,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Halo CE remake
    I spent more time pressing the back button (back and forth) than playing the game, love that feature. Game itself felt very cartoony, I loved Halo on the xbox and have played all games, Halo Reach and ODST the two highlights for me. To be fair I'm just waiting for the new big hitters to come out, so prob didn't give the game enough time.

Risen 2
    I broke off at the 35 hour point to play Sleeping Dogs and could not be bothered to jump back in.

Both games may get played again sometime, but it will need to be via renting them,as I sold them both.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Spong 31 Aug 2012 05:10:24 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Take a look at the results of my first playthrough of C:VX HD here. :cool:
    The bragging rights are yours. I used to have the skills for getting those kinds of results back in the day, but I haven't bothered with CVXHD. It's a shame really.

CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I can't take anyone seriously when they call Resi 4 "garbage". Have you never played any other games? Even if you don't get on with it, it's a supremely polished and well made game, and better than 90% of actual garbage released nowadays.
    It's a well-made game in its own right, granted, but it's an awful Resi and has some of the most ridiculous plot points and set pieces I've ever witnessed. And when all is said and done, it's just one siege after another from beginning to end.

Edited by Spong at 05:10:47 31-08-2012
  • BryanAKADJ 31 Aug 2012 05:55:58 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, watching the LP of GTA:SA it looks not really for me, I don't like the characters, don't care for them, etc.

Lets see, thinking about it I abandoned many games...

I keep leaving Final Fantasy IV, I left it like....over 6 times. I enjoy it, its fun, it looks awesome on my Vita, but for whatever reason I just stop playing it and when I want to get back to it I have no idea what to do or where to go, so I restart.

I hope I'll get into Gravity Rush again soon, its a great game, I love the soundtrack, its very fun and great story but I just haven't been feeling the need to play it.

I keep raging on Unit 13 because I always want to get the best score and if I mess up one bit I'll start over, so I stopped that.

I really really suck at MegaMan Maverick Hunter X, so again I keep rage quitting because I suck so much.

Mortal Kombat: Haven't felt the need to play it sadly, its a fantastic game.

I've been playing MGS:HD and its fun, but the controls are still weird to me, and I keep messing up with them and getting caught and raging, so I stopped that, hope to go back to that.

RE:oRC: Its not as horrid as everyone made it out to be (from what I've played so far), but it seems more like a co-op game and I haven't been with my friend to play it in awhile so yeah.

Saints Row The Third: I loved the first 2, but this one just doesn't click with me.

Lone Survivor: This game is great, I love and bought its soundtrack, but again, I keep playing and then abandoning it for whatever reason, not knowing what to do or where to go I keep restarting

This probably shouldn't count but I bought Sniper Elite v2, I haven't even taken the disc out of the case and I abandoned it. I got Gravity Rush at the same time of this game so I forgot about it.

I've said rage a lot-I'm not an angry person, but if I do crappy and crappy and crappy and crappy-then I'll rage. I probably have abandoned more games but this is just off the top of my head

• DUFFMAN5 31 Aug 2012 06:24:09 14,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BryanAKADJ wrote:
    Well, watching the LP of GTA:SA it looks not really for me, I don't like the characters, don't care for them, etc.

Lets see, thinking about it I abandoned many games...

This probably shouldn't count but I bought Sniper Elite v2, I haven't even taken the disc out of the case and I abandoned it. I got Gravity Rush at the same time of this game so I forgot about it.

Excellent game. Play on the hardest setting from the get go (I'm shite at hard on 99% of games)and you will be in for mostly stealthy goodness :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Armoured_Bear 31 Aug 2012 07:15:57 11,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

have you checked any videos or guides, the last he is the most formulaic and one of the easiest once you know what to do. Not saying you should cheat, but don't give up its a terrific ending that you're missing after the journey.
    I'll try again, the problem is that my grip meter runs out by the time I get to his 2nd arm so I never get to get to his shoulder after shooting it.

• Page

of 145 First / Last