Any new electronic music to recommend? Page 34

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• baconchin 10 Dec 2013 10:18:07 44 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Field are a band who i've recently fallen for.

The Field - Cupid's Head
  • binster 10 Dec 2013 10:54:38 542 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A Perturbator mix-tape
  • Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 11:25:45 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Says by Nils Frahm
    Anyone heard the rest of Spaces? What's it like? Been getting rave reviews anyway.

Asked for the Special Request and Huerco S. albums for Christmas, so that should be good. :)

And 2014 should get off to a killer start with a new Actress album. Very excited for that one indeed.
    I really like it, obviously heavy on the pieces of piano side. One track starts off like the Fez OST, but then goes back into acoustic realms.

I would keep an eye out for Francis Harris' album next year. The single from it is already great (with DJ Sprinkles remix) and the full thing is very good too.

I'll also big up the Akkord LP, I think it'll have more legs than the Special Request one. Keeping on a similar theme, Houndstooth have put a remix compilation for a miniscule £1 (http://store.houndstoothlabel.com/hthvshth.html) and Electronic Explorations has stretched to a second vinyl release, which also has a digital package (http://electronicexplorations.bandcamp.com/ - and lovely me is there as a recommended personage).

Supporting the LOCALS, I grabbed Winter Son's EP off Bandcamp: http://iamwinterson.bandcamp.com/track/here-is-a-ghost - hoping to see that fly through my letterbox in the near future

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 11:27:15 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and Bruno Pronsato (under new alias Archangel) has done an outstanding cover of Gary Numan's Metal.

Rival Consoles (from Erased Tapes, same stable as Nils Frahm) had an excellent showing with Odyssey.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 11:28:38 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PIMP

And just in case we all missed it. Me.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 18:41:12 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quite like this (Prince of Denmark)

Relaxing and hypnotic but enough to keep you interested.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 21:38:42 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best track off the album. The rest is significantly murkier, really pared back and muted.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Mr-Brett 10 Dec 2013 22:56:03 12,894 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Says by Nils Frahm
    Anyone heard the rest of Spaces? What's it like? Been getting rave reviews anyway.

Asked for the Special Request and Huerco S. albums for Christmas, so that should be good. :)

And 2014 should get off to a killer start with a new Actress album. Very excited for that one indeed.
    I really like it, obviously heavy on the pieces of piano side. One track starts off like the Fez OST, but then goes back into acoustic realms.
    I like it too, there's an interesting mix of stuff on there although as Widge says, still sticking to the general piano and quite mellow tone. For a second I thought that track was from the Fez soundtrack :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• binster 11 Dec 2013 13:19:35 542 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A new album by Savant.

Bouncey stuff - less of the chiptune than his last one, more of a Skrillex/Madeon sound.
  • Tom_Servo 11 Dec 2013 14:34:37 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new Burial EP, Rival Dealer, is streaming on YouTube.

Rival Dealer
    Hiders
    Come Down to Us

It's amazing the strides he's made since Untrue. I used to rate it as one of my favourite albums of the last decade, but it sounds like amateur hour stuff compared to his recent EPs (in particular Kindred).
  • Tom_Servo 11 Dec 2013 15:02:14 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Fuck the night bus, we’re driving home for Christmas."
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2013 23:47:13 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    XLR8R's roundup of 2013 has a link at the bottom to a free download of the top 100. Enjoy!

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Tom_Servo 15 Dec 2013 00:16:09 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's worth pointing out that that's just a list of the top free downloads off the site, not their top 100 picks for the year. So it's basically a lot of remixes and free extras. Still probably worth downloading right enough, I've heard some cracking stuff by downloading random MP3s off XLR8R.

Tonight I've bought the new Demdike Stare Testpressing (number 4, fact fans), Rival Dealer and the Livity Sound compilation (and also the Raum EP/LP, but that doesn't fit in here). Really looking forward to checking out Livity Sound.

And for Christmas I've asked for stuff by Huerco S., Young Echo, Logos, Special Request and Nils Frahm. Yay!

Also, the new L.I.E.S. compilation is out now on CD. I thought it was out in January for some reason, so I'll be picking that up after Christmas.
  • Rhaegyr 15 Dec 2013 14:03:36 2,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rival Dealer is fantastic - could end up being my favourite Burial record.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 14:03:47 15-12-2013
  • Tom_Servo 15 Dec 2013 14:43:00 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rival Dealer is obviously fantastic, as is the first part of Come Down to Us. I'm honestly not very sure about Hiders or the 'festive' part of Come Down.

Still, I have a lot of respect for the message in the music even if it isn't very subtle.
  • HitchHiker 15 Dec 2013 14:51:09 2,788 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My friends latest track available for free download on Reverbnation.com.

Enceladus - Su Baktun Bonus by K-TOH
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Dec 2013 19:08:18 7,496 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New Glitch Mob...album coming soon...

• Widge Moderator 19 Dec 2013 15:20:15 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just had to go through Axel Boman's LP. Good, going to be nice for the summer months. Lots of delightful details that only pop up when you start giving it some concerted end to end listens.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 23 Dec 2013 13:28:19 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My track of the moment:

Archangel - Momentum Of The Farce

Edited by Widge at 13:28:44 23-12-2013

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• rtk79 27 Dec 2013 14:28:06 496 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not new by any means (17 years old at this point), but I'm listening to Merzbow's Rainbow Electronics II, on Jim O'Rourke and David Grubbs' reissue label Dexter's Cigar, and it's amazing.
    It's abrasive, sure, harsh perhaps, but never brutal or deadening. It's continuously inventive. Not "funny" as such, but certainly humourous at times. There's a moment, for instance, when the electronic screeshes are so drenched in echo and reverb that you could almost be listening to dub (not quite). Not for the feint of heart, obviously, but a glorious, ecstatic study of sound for adventurous ears.

Edited by rtk79 at 19:59:32 27-12-2013
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2014 16:35:06 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pangaea FabricLive 73 next week - it is excellent.
    Move D Fabric 74 next month - it is also excellent.

Jan / Feb is crammed with excellent releases in general.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• afghan_jones 10 Jan 2014 16:44:28 3,042 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My mate did this track and its ace (and free).

http://racketbox.bandcamp.com/track/dreamy-chinatown

I did the incredible cover art with my own fair hands. :)
  • Red-Moose 10 Jan 2014 17:17:39 5,345 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not new but I am listening to this a lot today, really nice track:

Above & Beyond pres. Oceanlab - I Am What I Am (Lange Remix). Really great bassline and vocals. new old classic vocal trance :)
  • Widge Moderator 15 Jan 2014 15:34:30 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LIST OF THINGS I LIKE. Long players.

STL - Smallville

Most coherent STL thing I've heard and loving it. 5 tracks go over 10 minutes but wrap you up in their world.

MoveD - Fabric74

Authentic US house. Not even like his wonky deep stuff. 15 tracks played end to end with little jazz in the mixing, just like they used to do it. Refreshing after Ben Sims 40+ track mess that came before it.

Francis Harris - Minutes Of Sleep

For fans of mournful trumpet. Fit for purpose tech house man Adultnapper seems to have found a deeper side as Francis Harris. Looks good on him.

Kris Wadsworth - Popularity

Low riding and gritty house. Slap it on, let it do its work.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Tom_Servo 15 Jan 2014 15:43:57 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty much counting the days until Ghettoville at this point.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jan 2014 06:37:46 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That sounded ok too, only had the briefest scan. More ghostly that the last album.

EDIT:

Now a concerted listen. Its got hint of cLOUDDEAD about it. Scratchy rhythms, dusty.

Edited by Widge at 10:25:11 16-01-2014

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 17 Jan 2014 13:55:03 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not my thing at all, but apparently a BioWare sound engineer from what I read.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 21 Jan 2014 18:01:01 13,743 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably more relevant in here than the game thread:

Was just shopping for vinyl, picking up something on the Wrong Island Communications label. Flicked through and found this:

http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/view/115793

The first release from Wrong Island Communications is the eponymous M|O|O|N E.P.

M|O|O|N is the artist name of 18 year old Bostonian, Stephen Gilarde. His musical talent being so well defined at such a young age can possibly be explained as a family trait: he is the nephew of James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem).

These recordings are the first Stephen made not long after being given an old mixing desk and some monitors by DFA's Juan Maclean. They were made in 2010 and released via bandcamp, proving so popular M|O|O|N was recently listed as one of the 10 Artists To Watch by Billboard 100 and were then picked up for the soundtrack to last year's 'Hotline Miami' video game.

Since then, he has produced two more E.P.s which Wrong Island Comms. will be releasing over the next year.

Comes in a picture sleeve designed by Madison McKenna with an A4 insert.

Wrong Island Communications is a vinyl only label run by the same people as the long-running Glasgow club night of the same name.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 43 First / Last