Any new electronic music to recommend?

• Page

of 38 First / Last

Previous
  • IronGiant 29 Mar 2008 14:12:17 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got the new Gatecrasher by Ferry Corsten which is good, looking for some new stuff.. enjoyed Ghosts by NIN and love a bit of Breakbeat such as the Stantons, Evil 9 etc. Anyone have anything similar to recommend???
  • IronGiant 31 Mar 2008 17:43:43 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not much then ;)
  • THFourteen 31 Mar 2008 17:56:13 32,857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope

seeing as every album thats released thesedays is "Ministry of Sound Anthems : Songs from the 90s because new trance sucks monkey balls"

:-(

will get the new gatecrasher though, whats it called? Last one i had was Immortal, not bad, but again full of old chunes.
  • Pooley 31 Mar 2008 18:30:09 1,507 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well impressed by Tiesto at the moment. Just bought his latest CD "In Search of Sunrise 6: Ibiza", very good.

His "Club Life" podcast is well worth subscribing to. His version of Britney's "Piece of Me" is amazing, and I'm no Britney fan. He's also done a remix of Goldfrapp's "A&E" which is excellent.
  • IronGiant 1 Apr 2008 16:50:15 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just heard Granite by Pendulum and now can't wait for their new album.. excellent track, still love their track on Motorstorm :)
  • Red-Moose 1 Apr 2008 22:09:53 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    Just got the new Gatecrasher by Ferry Corsten which is good, looking for some new stuff.. enjoyed Ghosts by NIN and love a bit of Breakbeat such as the Stantons, Evil 9 etc. Anyone have anything similar to recommend???

I posted a while ago on Gabriel and Dresden's Toolroom Knights 2. G&D are excellent IMHO. Also, Elements of Life by Tiesto in case you haven't heard it; it's good if generic sounding at this stage.
  • Nick74 2 Apr 2008 08:17:02 33 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    Just heard Granite by Pendulum and now can't wait for their new album.. excellent track, still love their track on Motorstorm :)

I love Pendulum and Granite is a great track but their new single is a bit disappointing as far as I am concerned........Can't remember what the heck it is called though :?
  • nick303 8 Apr 2008 22:01:13 1,526 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    +1

I was just going to mention Anjunabeats 100. Tis an excellent album.

Download here for less than from Play but you don't get the DVD.

Edit: Or, pimpage, my latest track. It is unfinished (needs mastering and a change of pad used) but sounds like this.
  • Red-Moose 9 Apr 2008 22:32:16 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for that nick303 and Sollothian - that Anjunabeats 100 album is excellent and the best collection of electronic music I've heard in a good while.

Great site as well that junodownload thing, it's a giant shop of techno in 320kbps!
  • coastal 9 Apr 2008 23:48:44 5,377 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by Slyde. Wicked track.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• xandoodle 10 Apr 2008 00:07:14 459 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anything by Danger.

Link coming later...
  • asha 10 Apr 2008 00:23:43 1,991 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Try Dada Yakuza and These Blackholes

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Syrette 10 Apr 2008 03:33:16 43,063 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The new Pendulum is awful.

• Deleted user 10 April 2008 04:10:56
    Pooley wrote:
    Well impressed by Tiesto at the moment. Just bought his latest CD "In Search of Sunrise 6: Ibiza", very good.

Got it! It's awesome...! I'm particularly fond of "High Glow" - Taxi Girl
  • Deathspleen Gameplay Programmer, Capcom Games Studio Vancouver 10 Apr 2008 04:35:04 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stuff i'd recommend at the moment:

Fabriclive - Cut Copy - Aussie producers mix of really good house type stuff (as in has plenty of variation and doesnt put you to sleep)
    theyve also got 2 real albums of their own materials which are pretty cool.

The Rapture - Pieces of The People We love - Similar sounding to LCD Soundsystems latest one but 2 years older. Frikkin amazing.

Slydes new album should be out about now I think as well for your funky breaks?

Also the Presets over here in Ozland seem to be doing pretty well. Wonder if theyll break through in Londonium though. They do funky evil electro stuff which is mostly pretty damn catchy.

• Super_Zee 10 Apr 2008 04:45:07 2,110 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm hammering the Justice album at the moment. It's great - imagine if Air had sex with Daft Punk and they gave birth to a Wipeout soundtrack.

The first half of the album is better than the last, I think, but it's still aces.
  • IronGiant 10 Apr 2008 15:09:23 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah got the Presets album not bad.. today i've been listening to an old fave.. Pop Will Eat Itself :)

You Can Be Special Too by Evil 9 is a fantastic album everyone should listen to. Hopefully the WipEout HD soundtrack will be tasty!
  • Killerbee 10 Apr 2008 15:31:02 5,016 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does anyone else find it really hard to find good electronic music these days? Most of the time I just don't know where to start - I've never bought a Ministry of Sound CD and I don't generally go for the sort of cheesy trance stuff Radio 1 plays.

Things I like:

Timo Maas: Loud / Pictures
    Prodigy: Music for the Jilted Generation / Fat of the Land (their last one was shit though)
    Chemical Brothers: everything up to Surrender; not so much the stuff after that
    BT: ESCM
    Celldweller

There must be more out there that's similar, but it's not easy finding out about it.

Any ideas?
  • el-bandito 10 Apr 2008 15:35:21 495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Give The Whip a go... top stuff :)
  • figgis 10 Apr 2008 15:43:01 7,383 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    Does anyone else find it really hard to find good electronic music these days? Most of the time I just don't know where to start - I've never bought a Ministry of Sound CD and I don't generally go for the sort of cheesy trance stuff Radio 1 plays.

Things I like:

Prodigy: Music for the Jilted Generation / Fat of the Land (their last one was shit though)
    Celldweller

There must be more out there that's similar, but it's not easy finding out about it.

Any ideas?

Try the Justice, Simian Mobile Disco and Digitalism albums.
  • IronGiant 10 Apr 2008 17:39:19 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:

Things I like:

Celldweller

Any ideas?

Hmmm you're seriously dipping into my musical taste there! I would suggest you check out:

Christ Analogue - In Radiant Decay
    Evil 9 - You Can Be Special Too
    Front 242 - Up Evil and also Off
    VAST - Self titled album
    Circle of Dust - Disengage
    NIN - Year Zero
    Hybrid - Wide Angle, Morning Sci Fi
    Crystal Method - Vegas, Tweekend, Legion Of Boom
    Ferry Corsten - Right Of Way

Honestly you will love most if not all of that.
  • IronGiant 21 Apr 2008 13:14:50 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A promo for the new Ladytron album is around, sounds good on first listen, quite dark and broody.
  • IronGiant 8 Jun 2008 16:34:39 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any new recommendations out there?
  • Metalfish 8 Jun 2008 16:36:49 8,786 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    Any new recommendations out there?
    I donno, you could try listening to Chill.com digital radio and seeing if anything they're doing is up your street. I tend to have it on in the background when revising.
  • StixxUK 8 Jun 2008 17:08:47 7,230 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Breakbeat... This Way Up (mixed by DJ Friction) is great.
    Also Rogue Element - Rogue Rock if you haven't already heard it.

If you like drum and bass, Telemetrik's album, My Lightyear should be out on CD fairly soon and it is going to be amazing.
  • Widge Moderator 9 Jun 2008 11:27:37 13,260 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't stand anything vaguely trance based, Gatecrasher etc so take that into account when looking at this:

MANDY - Fabric

Great stuff here, cram in a large amount of cracking tech house stuff, trippy and thumpy.

Steve Bug - Fabric

Again, real dancefloor moving stuff, but funkier than the MANDY selection.

James Holden - At The Controls

Older this, I keep listening to it though. I'm a little bit hmmm about his mixing in places, thinking some of his blends lose a bit of tension (like the way Aphex Twin is dropped in the middle of a mix), but real wide variety of unusual noises in this mix.

Fairmont - Coloured In Memory

On Holden's Border Community label. Lots of deep electronic minimal stuff. Hypnotic but hooky. The odd nod towards Boards Of Canada vignettes on here too. Better than Nathan Fake's effort on Border Community.

Evil Nine - FabricLIVE

Someone mentioned Evil Nine? Their Fabric mix was rocking, picking up on the housier, grungier Justice, Simian Mobile Disco etc vibe thats going on recently without completely succumbing to the ever so slightly depthless feeling that this genre is bringing with it.

Also currently liking:

Traum 100 - nice collection of tracks from German minimal label, really nice remix of Jesse Somfay in here by Dominik Eulberg (who is on great form, own tracks and remixes, recently).

Cocoon Compilation H - compilation from Sven Vath's techno label. Stuff like Deep Dish's Dubfire hidden away in here. Much better than the previous compilation

Oh and Tiefschwarz are mixing June's Mixmag CD, well worth a check. Lots of current big hitter tunes on there.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• abdallah 11 Jun 2008 19:11:59 246 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hot Chip definitely. Very arty and at the same time melodic. Start off with "The warning", but the latest record is good too. That's where the hit "Ready for the floor" is from..
  • Skeptopotamus 11 Jun 2008 20:16:27 265 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.bleep.com

Good hunting!
  • FabricatedLunatic 11 Jun 2008 20:20:49 12,994 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stendeck (ambient IDM)
  • Page

of 38 First / Last

Previous