*Official* XBLA thread Page 615

• Page

of 629 First / Last

• TOOTR 24 Dec 2013 15:47:20 9,493 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Do I really need 'Brothers' when I've barely scratched the surface of 'From Dust' (and haven't even started 'Beyond Good and Evil')?
    I just finished From Dust and it really grew on me - I love it infact.

Pondering about 'Brothers' too? What sayeth the Hive Mind?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• TOOTR 24 Dec 2013 15:49:14 9,493 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and is Fight Night Champion a compelling buy?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Deckard1 24 Dec 2013 15:51:23 27,049 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fight Night Champion is great
  • anephric 24 Dec 2013 16:03:32 113 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brothers is a bit awkward to play on occasion but it has some lovely moments.
  • Deleted user 24 December 2013 16:08:40
    It is very good, mainly due to its unique concept. It also never really repeats itself for the three or so hours. Well worth the entrance fee.
  • Deleted user 24 December 2013 16:12:13
    Deadlight is awesome don't listen to them. I was more than happy with paying full price. Great atmosphere and you get to kill zombies. Try the demo first if 2-3 quid is too much of a risk for an awesome game. :)

I'm happy as I just got Skyrim for a fiver (from a shop not online sale).
  • PatrickEwing 24 Dec 2013 16:24:05 2,121 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What about ssx? I checked the thread for it and there seems to be a bit of frustration expressed over it.
  • Deleted user 24 December 2013 16:47:53
    Flashback and Deadlight for me to add to my suddenly expanding library of 2d platform jobbies. I'm loving this sale. Picking up loads from the arcade store.

Whoop and indeed, whoop.

The one other that tickled me is Gotham City Imposters. Anyone here play it online and able to report if there is a community for it?
  • Siobheon 24 Dec 2013 17:12:22 75 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ssx is decent. But it isn't as good as Ssx tricky on the ps2. There are loads of decent tracks, but also loads that are a pain due to terrible design flaws like creating some with massive holes that you've pretty much got to memorise around. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

I'm glad I got it though. Anyone have a view on eternal sonata?
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Dec 2013 17:18:12 1,615 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Siobheon

eternal sonata is a really nice JRPG (although I still hate the sewer/bridge level on chapter 2 iirc still)
  • Deleted user 25 December 2013 15:11:51
    If I buy the wolf among us season pass on xbox.com on my phone do I just download it when I get home from work? How does it work?
  • PenguinJim 25 Dec 2013 15:26:20 5,754 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    salright
  • Darth_Flibble 26 Dec 2013 10:05:59 1,615 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played a bit of castlevania mirror of fate, for 4.99 its worth it. So far its very standard 2d platformer but plays well. Brothers is a great game, only on chapter 1 but its one of those games where its very tranquil to play

today's 1 day deal is shit NBA 2k14 for "just" 30.14, you can buy it on amazon for 25 new and also some tat DLC jewellery to dress up your character like a Mr T barbie
  • muttler 26 Dec 2013 10:17:51 3,937 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TOOTR yeah Fight Night Champion is very good!
  • RichieTenenbaum 26 Dec 2013 10:20:49 2,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eternal Sonata is my favourite RPG of this gen. It's a bit divisive but I loved it. It's looks truely beautiful, too
  • caligari 26 Dec 2013 10:26:55 16,986 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:

today's 1 day deal is shit NBA 2k14 for "just" 30.14, you can buy it on amazon for 25 new and also some tat DLC jewellery to dress up your character like a Mr T barbie
    Having a few crappy days where there isn't a single purchase temptation is a relief.
  • SomaticSense 26 Dec 2013 13:53:03 7,919 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dancingrob wrote:
    @ Somatic

but you can generally pick up that sort of thing for under 5 in shops. Whilst it may appeal to you personally, I can't see that being widely regarded as a 'good deal'? (I'm basing this on the comments you see for Games With Gold when these games are free and the 'why buy downloadable at the same price as in a shop when I can't sell it for second hand' type comments.)
    All 'good deals' are a matter of personal preference though. It depends on whether a game reaches that 'buy' trigger in relation to a person's interest in it. So if there is a game which is on offer that you aren't even slightly interested in playing, then that will never be a good deal no matter the price.
  • retrological 28 Dec 2013 15:19:05 292 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought Brothers last week for a tenner. Typical. Really enjoyed it. Atmosphere reminded me of ico. Well worth 3.

Today it's Trials Evo for 3.29. I was rubbish at the original but that's too much of a bargain to turn down. Origin of pain dlc is 1.11.
  • spindle9988 28 Dec 2013 15:34:31 3,486 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Picked up fight night champion. I don't remember the frame rate being this bad on the disc version though. Normally happens more in the cut scenes, but it's quite annoying
  • JamesUK 28 Dec 2013 23:23:24 126 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Has anyone enjoyed Flashback?. The reviews weren't very encouraging, but at 2.22 I'm tempted.

I currently have 6.23 credit to use up. After that I'll be selling the 360. I've just finished "Brothers", which I enjoyed and I'm now about an hour into Deadlight, which is a case of so far-so good, if it ended now, I'd been happy with paying 2.49 for it.

Is there anything cheap, good and short (6 hours max) that I may have overlooked?.
  • MrFlay 29 Dec 2013 02:05:15 543 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    State of Decay is half price today. I'm not even sure it's worth that from playing the demo.
  • J.C 29 Dec 2013 02:41:09 1,261 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    State of Decay is half price today. I'm not even sure it's worth that from playing the demo.
    Oh your soooooooo wrong, trust me. Its excellent. Yes its rough around the edges frame rate struggles etc, but its class. Its the best zombie survival game out there In my opinion.
  • PenguinJim 29 Dec 2013 04:12:13 5,754 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's pretty good, but it peaks surprisingly early. Basically as soon as you reach the church and have seen what you can build, there's not a lot left to the game. It's still some fun, but it looks like there's genuine potential for getting to know survivors, research & development, improvement, and strategically improving your weapons. Instead you just continue to run around doing the same stuff for a few hours until the game finishes in its glitchy fashion (have they fixed that yet? Or are they charging for patches in the same way they're charging for the free sandbox DLC they promised?).

So much potential in this game, undermined by lazy money-grabbing devs. Certainly my biggest disappointment of 2013, as it looked like it might be my GOTY at one point.
  • AwesomeWells 29 Dec 2013 07:31:12 406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is Zombie Apocalypse worth picking up?
  • Deleted user 29 December 2013 09:03:22
    J.C wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    Oh your soooooooo wrong, trust me. Its excellent. Yes its rough around the edges frame rate struggles etc, but its class. Its the best zombie survival game out there In my opinion.
    This. It is so good, it runs out of new ideas about half way through but this doesn't stop it being one of the games of the year.
  • Darth_Flibble 29 Dec 2013 09:34:00 1,615 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    state of decay is rough around the edges but its a great game. Like to see what they can do with a bigger budget.

Not sure about the other games on sale, think they are a bit "meh"
  • Madder-Max 29 Dec 2013 10:52:09 11,618 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got Trials HD for less than 2 quid and the dlc for less than a quid!

Fuck me what a bollock hard game though! Think I have beaten the times of a few people on here though!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• monkehhh 29 Dec 2013 10:57:24 3,266 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Madder-Max You haven't got the right people on your friends list :) There's some absolute monsters on EG - the kind that have 0-faulted all the extremes.
  • oceanmotion 29 Dec 2013 11:20:55 15,641 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    State of Decay was one of those games I couldn't play because the graphics were an eyesore. If you have to make it a low res jaggy mush then don't, make better compromises instead.

Trials is awesome and bloody hard. I'm not the best and still get fun out of it. I do cave in one or two extremes but complete most tracks. Skill games can die though, hate those.
  • Page

of 629 First / Last