*Official* XBLA thread Page 602

• Page

of 632 First / Last

• Dave_McCoy 4 Sep 2013 14:54:41 2,775 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not controlling the all inners but after a day they'll have no chips left. EG tourney?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Sep 2013 14:57:56 38,129 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds fun.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• andytheadequate 4 Sep 2013 14:59:26 8,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StrikeForce wrote:
    @andytheadequate I hope you're right. Picked it up half price and gave it a bash on my own last night. Only did the first 3 levels. I was expecting a bit more from all the glowing reviews. Seemed like a bit of a confusing mad dash. Or perhaps I was just playing it wrong. I've persuaded a mate to give it a go for some co-op tonight - hopefully it will make a bit more sense then...
    The early levels are very hectic as you learn the systems and how it works. Later on, the game really punishes you if you don't play carefully
  • Blerk Moderator 4 Sep 2013 15:28:58 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's Call of Juarez: Gunslinger like? Any good?
  • TOOTR 4 Sep 2013 17:54:31 9,554 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you couch co-op Monaco or is online co-op only?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• RelaxedMikki 4 Sep 2013 18:50:25 928 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can have up to four couch co-op, I think.

Definately two, at least.

You need quite a big couch for four player couch co-op.
  • andytheadequate 4 Sep 2013 18:51:51 8,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Can you couch co-op Monaco or is online co-op only?
    Local and online, but not mixed
  • TOOTR 4 Sep 2013 19:00:02 9,554 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks lads - follow up question incoming...

is 2 player co-op enough to make it shine or does it need 4 to excel?

• andytheadequate 4 Sep 2013 19:04:34 8,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Me and acid played most of it 2 player and loved it, although it was even better with more players.

Personally, the single player didn't really interest me, but it's still decent enough
  • TOOTR 4 Sep 2013 19:05:49 9,554 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cheers andy

• convercide 4 Sep 2013 19:51:48 6,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    It reviewed fairly well. Heard good things about how it plays, as in your character telling a story and if you forget what happened, the game rewinds and replays.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• oceanmotion 8 Sep 2013 20:26:18 15,917 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Pefect Dark HD still worth playing ?

Much more beyond the demo ?
  • the_dudefather 8 Sep 2013 20:29:41 9,288 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    I really enjoyed it, fun shooting and little fluff, the way it tells the story is pretty fun too

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• andytheadequate 8 Sep 2013 21:04:56 8,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Is Pefect Dark HD still worth playing ?

Much more beyond the demo ?
    Mechanically it's dated, but I think some of the missions still play really well, although there are some duds in there.

I had no nostalgia for the game as I didn't play it on the N64, but I did play it in co op with someone who knew what he was doing (or so he claimed)
  • barchetta 8 Sep 2013 21:08:33 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Blerk

I'm about 3/4 through the story at the moment. It has some decent set pieces, a nice seam of humour even if it follows a number of Western tropes and tells it's (intentionally) muddy tales with some eye-catching style.

Not sure it would stand up to repeated playthroughs but a tidy game - did you try the demo?
  • dancingrob 11 Sep 2013 09:19:42 1,168 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    this weeks deals are now live, so I've grabbed Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Blood Dragon for 5 each and my first real money purchases since the change.

Money has been taken from the credit I had that expired first (some old reward points I think), so all working on that side of things.

Really liked the demos for both.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Sep 2013 09:34:24 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I gave the Juarez demo a go, it seems pretty neat. I might just pick that up as well. Grabbed/started Blood Dragon already. :)
  • smoothpete 11 Sep 2013 10:20:07 31,502 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blerk, I really loved that Call Of Juarez game fwiw. Much preferred it to Blood Dragon but that's just my personal opinion.
  • MatMan562 11 Sep 2013 14:05:49 2,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gunslinger and Blood Dragon are two games I've been waiting for to go on sale but I had to let my Gold run out. What's the minimum amount of Gold time you need to put on to be able to get the deals? I think I must have a few 48 hour codes somewhere and maybe even a 14 day one but don't want to waste them if they wont let me get the deals. And, purely out of interest at the moment, is it the same for the Gold free titles?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• imamazed 11 Sep 2013 14:10:22 5,569 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't *think* trials get you the discount.

I've snapped up blood dragon - I loved Far Cry 3 and have been waiting for BD to go on sale for a while.

Of course, with GTA V round the corner I won't get round to playing it anytime soon...
  • dancingrob 11 Sep 2013 14:11:37 1,168 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    48 hour codes definitely don't work, but I'm not sure about 14 day ones though...
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Sep 2013 15:15:48 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    I don't *think* trials get you the discount.

I've snapped up blood dragon - I loved Far Cry 3 and have been waiting for BD to go on sale for a while.

Of course, with GTA V round the corner I won't get round to playing it anytime soon...
    I asked about this yesterday and apparently it's about 12 hours or so to get through it, so for me at least there should be time to polish it off before GTA arrives.

In theory, anyway. :D

It has quite the most remarkable soundtrack I've heard in a long, long time. It's amazing!
  • MatMan562 11 Sep 2013 15:37:16 2,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, it turns out I have six 48 hour codes and one 14 day code but I checked the details of the 14 day one and it still says that "additional fees and/ or requirements apply for some features" so I guess it still wont work. Nevermind! I think I might have enough on my account to buy one months worth as well as the games so maybe I'll just do that.

Thanks for the responses!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• kinky_mong 11 Sep 2013 15:50:42 10,265 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a big sale on Behemoth games as well, Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid and Battleblock Theatre all discounted.

I wanted to download Battleblock Theatre with my converted points but it looks like you can't actually purchase anything from the xbox.com site without a credit or debit card attached to your account, even if you have money on your account which is incredibly lame.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• dancingrob 11 Sep 2013 16:02:59 1,168 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kinky_mong

this came up in another thread the other day.

You can purchase from the xbox itself quite happily with no need for a credit card attached.

Purchases through xbox.com need the credit card though, and it's unclear if / when this will be fixed / changed.
  • RelaxedMikki 11 Sep 2013 16:05:05 928 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For local co-op hijinks, I reckon Battleblock is as good as Rayman. (I am pretty sure there is online multiplayer also).

It also has a level designer, so you can keep loading it up every now and then to have a muck about on the new levels people have posted.

Highly recommended.
  • AcidSnake 11 Sep 2013 16:29:09 7,265 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If anyone has gone for Monaco let me know as I'm always up for some co-op even though I've finished it...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• convercide 12 Sep 2013 16:50:20 6,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dancingrob wrote:
    @kinky_mong

this came up in another thread the other day.

You can purchase from the xbox itself quite happily with no need for a credit card attached.

Purchases through xbox.com need the credit card though, and it's unclear if / when this will be fixed / changed.
    Yeah it was me being a spacker the other day. It should just let you use any remaining balance on the console.

I went for both Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez while they're cheap. Played Blood Dragon for an hour before work and loved it far more then FC3. It is funnier and the characters are more likable. Plus all the film references are great.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• LeoliansBro 12 Sep 2013 16:58:03 44,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blood Dragon is great but ultimately a bit samey, the world feels very cookie cutter. I love the style of it though.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Baihu1983 12 Sep 2013 20:26:54 3,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Content has been disappearing from the market place

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16111-Games-Mysteriously-Disappearing-from-the-Xbox-Live-Marketplace.html
  • Page

of 632 First / Last