*Official* XBLA thread Page 567

• Page

of 633 First / Last

• Saucy 31 Jan 2013 11:23:23 2,604 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SSX is well worth it at that price, my favourite game from last year. Autolog works superbly, countless late nights trying to nail times on the leaderboards.
  • Mr-Brett 31 Jan 2013 11:33:39 12,822 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It could do without all the pits of death that are often almost unavoidable without knowing the course in and out. There's a decent game there but I found it way too infuriating to recommend it.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• L_Franko Moderator 31 Jan 2013 11:46:27 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know when the 8.99 price ends on SSX?
    As the online pass is included I can't really say no to this.
  • agparrot 31 Jan 2013 11:58:26 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Major Nelson says the EA Publisher sale runs until the 4th February.

I couldn't believe that it included the pass, and I have no idea what possessed me to actually buy it in order to find out, even after user Murbal had said that the pass was included to me. I just didn't believe him or the forum posts on xbox360achievements or anything else.

It's so contrary to the way that other online passes work that it just seemed improbable, but thinking about it, recent EA releases like SSX and Need For Speed: Most Wanted don't actually show the online pass as a separate item in the Dashboard or website marketplace pages. Instead you have to buy or redeem the code through the game itself, and I suspect it is this structure that allows them to include the pass in the game. Similarly, I don't know if there have been any game updates to the boxed version of SSX, but the GoD one didn't need one.

The only bad thing about buying SSX yesterday was that I'd forgotten that Skulls of the Shogun was coming out (for shame!) so I've spent the last of the points I bought for the festive sales on snowboarding instead. Darn.

Also reduced is the 'two in one' DLC pack for SSX that includes both Mt. Eddie AND the classic riders. Individually each pack costs 480 points, but you can get the twin-pack DLC containing both for just 320 points in total.

Right, enough, it feels like I'm pimping EA and I feel sick.
  • L_Franko Moderator 31 Jan 2013 12:03:23 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awesome, I shall purchase this after work along with Skulls then, even though last week I said I'll buy the new Blops 2 maps, Skulls and that's it.

I look forward to some leaderboard chasing once the 3.6gig has downloaded then. I hope downloads still work while playing Skulls.
  • Saucy 31 Jan 2013 12:04:56 2,604 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sure I've got a spare Mt. Eddie code kicking around if someone would like it.
  • agparrot 31 Jan 2013 12:14:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    I'm sure I've got a spare Mt. Eddie code kicking around if someone would like it.
    You could run a swift little competition based on the main game maps to make somebody earn it, maybe?
  • L_Franko Moderator 31 Jan 2013 12:16:02 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good idea.
    Also I see the Fuji add-on is free to download. Not sure if this is widely known or not.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 31 Jan 2013 12:23:59 4,629 posts
    Seen 1 second
    Registered 10 years ago
    Successfully added SSX to my download queue. Wanted to get Dragon Age 2 (don't judge me) but it doesn't seem to be working. Just takes me to a page telling me where I can buy an Xbox. Littlewoods still exists, apparently.

Anybody else had problems with it?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• agparrot 31 Jan 2013 12:30:51 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Successfully added SSX to my download queue. Wanted to get Dragon Age 2 (don't judge me) but it doesn't seem to be working. Just takes me to a page telling me where I can buy an Xbox. Littlewoods still exists, apparently.

Anybody else had problems with it?
    For some reason the GB version of the site often does this for the 'Buy Now' links, whereas the US version of xbox dot com always takes you to this, much more useful type page where you can actually click the purchase links:

Linky Linky
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 31 Jan 2013 12:41:50 4,629 posts
    Seen 1 second
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aha, cheers. Although now when I click 'confirm' it brings up an error message - 'sorry, can't purchase at this time' sort of thing.

I'll give it a try later.

• Saucy 31 Jan 2013 14:04:33 2,604 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    You could run a swift little competition based on the main game maps to make somebody earn it, maybe?
    I like this idea, I'll check I do actually have a code. Then choose a course for a challenge. Run it over the weekend.
  • imamazed 31 Jan 2013 14:44:20 5,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    Major Nelson says the EA Publisher sale runs until the 4th February.

I couldn't believe that it included the pass, and I have no idea what possessed me to actually buy it in order to find out, even after user Murbal had said that the pass was included to me. I just didn't believe him or the forum posts on xbox360achievements or anything else.

It's so contrary to the way that other online passes work that it just seemed improbable, but thinking about it, recent EA releases like SSX and Need For Speed: Most Wanted don't actually show the online pass as a separate item in the Dashboard or website marketplace pages. Instead you have to buy or redeem the code through the game itself, and I suspect it is this structure that allows them to include the pass in the game. Similarly, I don't know if there have been any game updates to the boxed version of SSX, but the GoD one didn't need one.

Don't understand this. The online pass system is designed to prevent people buying used copies and cutting out the publishers from profit right?

With GOD they get the money from the game; you're not buying pre-owned. Tbh, it would be pretty scandalous were you not to get the online pass included!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 31 Jan 2013 14:46:22 4,629 posts
    Seen 1 second
    Registered 10 years ago
    With GOD they get the money from the game; you're not buying pre-owned. Tbh, it would be pretty scandalous were you not to get the online pass included!
    That's exactly what they used to do. I think we ran a story about it at one point.

• imamazed 31 Jan 2013 14:49:13 5,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    That's exactly what they used to do. I think we ran a story about it at one point.
    Well I never knew that! That is scandalous!

Glad to see they (seemingly) don't anymore though. I wouldn't know, I've had the 20GB HDD for absolutely ages; never had enough room to even contemplate getting a title from GOD
  • L_Franko Moderator 31 Jan 2013 15:02:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It can be a bit of a temptation when you do have a larger HDD. The amount of games I've purchased off XBLA and GOD probably add up to quite a hefty sum. I dare not add them all up.
  • SilentTristero 31 Jan 2013 19:20:56 291 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck, SSX is tempting. I rented it back when it came out, and feel like I could get back together with it - at least for a few days.

Stupid 20GB HDD... Remind me, can you use USB storage for GOD's? I've never purchased one before.

Edited by SilentTristero at 19:22:38 31-01-2013
  • agparrot 31 Jan 2013 19:50:26 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SilentTristero wrote:
    Fuck, SSX is tempting. I rented it back when it came out, and feel like I could get back together with it - at least for a few days.

Stupid 20GB HDD... Remind me, can you use USB storage for GOD's? I've never purchased one before.
    You can, although I *think* you have to make room on the HDD to actually download them to that, and can then move them over to USB afterwards.

Might be remembering it wrong, of course.
  • souvlaki 31 Jan 2013 21:57:56 723 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can you get ssx with points? Mr Parrot suggests you can but it just gave me a cash option'
  • JonFE 31 Jan 2013 22:02:24 1,452 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @souvlaki

You have to press X at some point during the transaction, in order to pay with points instead of cash - I just cannot remember which step. It has a prompt at the bottom though...
  • andytheadequate 31 Jan 2013 22:03:39 8,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    SilentTristero wrote:

You can, although I *think* you have to make room on the HDD to actually download them to that, and can then move them over to USB afterwards.

Might be remembering it wrong, of course.
    I think you're right, but I wouldn't recommend playing it directly off the memory card because the loading times can be horribly long
  • andytheadequate 31 Jan 2013 22:04:25 8,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    souvlaki wrote:
    Can you get ssx with points? Mr Parrot suggests you can but it just gave me a cash option'
    There should be a "buying options" button somewhere. It'll then let you choose to pay in MS points. I recently bought a lego GOD using points so must be possible...
  • souvlaki 31 Jan 2013 22:05:31 723 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    @souvlaki

You have to press X at some point during the transaction, in order to pay with points instead of cash - I just cannot remember which step. It has a prompt at the bottom though...
    Great stuff. Thanks
  • Deleted user 5 February 2013 12:17:22
    Sales are up.

As well as what was announced last week there seems to be a whole load of other stuff - too much too list but see link below:

Description_here

Also on the second page it says Earth Defense Force 2017 is 1200 points. If thats true Im getting it!
  • AwesomeWells 5 Feb 2013 12:31:32 410 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can anyone shed any light on whether D&D Daggerdale is worth a go?

Quite tempting at that price.
  • evilashchris 5 Feb 2013 13:00:08 7,040 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's pretty awful.

Twitter: @COToole

• AwesomeWells 5 Feb 2013 13:08:08 410 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe not that tempting then...
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Feb 2013 13:10:00 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Earthworm Jim HD for 400 points. Might just have to bag that, had my eye on it for some time now.
  • Lexx87 5 Feb 2013 13:12:09 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dont franko!

It will ruin your childhood memories of it.

Speak the truth hussy!

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Feb 2013 13:16:32 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, balls. I was worried about that.

Ok, I'll give it a miss and scan the list again. I might go for Shank.
  • Page

of 633 First / Last