of 634 First / Last

• SFD 9 Jan 2013 01:08:28 510 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks. I'll just get MD for now.
  • Dave_McCoy 9 Jan 2013 02:04:03 2,800 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Minervas is 200 or 400, cos I just got it for 400 thinking it was half price?
  • dancingrob 9 Jan 2013 09:22:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought the Swarm demo was ok, but no more than that. Given all the reviews seem to mention it starts getting very hard with difficulty spikes / trial and error sections later on, I passed on it.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2013 10:36:42
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Minervas is 200 or 400, cos I just got it for 400 thinking it was half price?
    Me too... I thought 400 WAS half price as it was 800 when it came out?
  • kinky_mong 9 Jan 2013 10:49:38 10,690 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was 800 on release and is now half price at 400 points. That was a typo from agparrot.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 9 Jan 2013 12:18:53 4,638 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there a new release on XBLA today?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• agparrot 9 Jan 2013 12:25:05 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    It was 800 on release and is now half price at 400 points. That was a typo from agparrot.
    Yeah, sorry - my mistake, it's 400 for Minerva's Den of course. Still an absolute bargain.

Don't know if there's an XBLA release this week Ven - there's nothing up on the dashboard for anything more recent than Retro City Rampage atm, though.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Jan 2013 16:00:01 5,350 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    WALKING DEAD SPOILER, DON'T HOVER IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED:

I was a little disappointed at his identity, it all just seemed a bit too convenient - I was hoping it would be someone we'd already met rather than a complete stranger. The fight and everything that followed it was totally intense, though.
    To be honest, when you used the words 'totally out of the left field', I was almost setting myself up for something daft to happen like:

Lilly rescuing them in a Deus Ex Machina kind of way to the point of being absurd, or the small group of Cancer survivors to find (and produce) a miracle cure upon their trip into Crawford ... I even had a silly inkling that Molly was a spy and could possibly end the entire group at will!

So, you know, the meeting with the Stranger was probably not as odd as my above thoughts although it was still an odd moment in all honestly. I strangled him when the opportunity arises, but found out that if you stopped tapping the 'A' button, Clementine would have shot him cleanly in the head ... tough little girl, hey?

Your enthusiasm for the game persuaded me to play it so, thank you.

: )

In other news, I am um'ing and ah'ing over whether to purchase BioShock 2 as well as the story-related DLC all of you folks keep harping about...!
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Jan 2013 16:02:25 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Nope. Confirmed by Nelson about half an hour ago.
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Jan 2013 16:04:50 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

In other news, I am um'ing and ah'ing over whether to purchase BioShock 2 as well as the story-related DLC all of you folks keep harping about...!
    Glad to be of service! The 'what happens if you stop pressing A' thing you mention was what happened by default in my game - I guess I wasn't hammering A hard enough. :)

Bioshock 2 gets a bad rap. Sure, it's not as good as the first game in some ways, but it's still a very decent game and well worth your time, especially if it's a good while since you played the original. And as the others have mentioned, Minerva's Den is one of the very few examples of DLC being done right.
  • AccidentProne 9 Jan 2013 20:19:50 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God knows when I'll get around to playing it, but thanks to the recommendations in here I've picked up Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den. Any of the other Bioshock DLC worth picking up as well?
  • SomaticSense 10 Jan 2013 11:19:41 8,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    Nope. Confirmed by Nelson about half an hour ago.
    It's hard to tell sometimes such is the staggeringly slack way they treat updating the dash now.

The last time I checked, there are a string of recently released add-ons and GoD games which seemed to have completely bypassed the 'recently released' section (yet they act sharpish when it's time to flood the page with Rock Band stuff...), and the only items listed in the 2K sales tab are the Bioshock and Borderlands related content.
  • SomaticSense 10 Jan 2013 11:20:45 8,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    God knows when I'll get around to playing it, but thanks to the recommendations in here I've picked up Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den. Any of the other Bioshock DLC worth picking up as well?
    Not really unless you fancy putting time into MP.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 11:55:36
    Blerk wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Glad to be of service! The 'what happens if you stop pressing A' thing you mention was what happened by default in my game - I guess I wasn't hammering A hard enough. :)

Bioshock 2 gets a bad rap. Sure, it's not as good as the first game in some ways, but it's still a very decent game and well worth your time, especially if it's a good while since you played the original. And as the others have mentioned, Minerva's Den is one of the very few examples of DLC being done right.
    Looking forward to playing Minerva's Den. I was pleasantly surprised with Bioshock 2 and I thought it had a few really cool moments in it that elevated it above the original at points. Wasn't too keen on the little sister protecting horde type bits to be honest but still a game well worth playing through.
  • SomaticSense 10 Jan 2013 12:08:45 8,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bioshock 2 was a better game than Bioshock 1. There, I said it.

The reason it got a bad rep was largely due to how soon it arrived after the first, that it wasn't a drastic departure, and that some believed the first should have been left standalone. All understandable criticisms, but all ignore one key thing: it was better in every way aside from story (which was still better than 99% of it's FPS rivals).

If anyone missed out on it's initial release then I massively recommend getting it now before Infinite launches, as enough time has passed that all the above criticisms are easier to ignore and you'll be able to judge it on it's own merits. Which is something it richly deserves.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Jan 2013 00:27:23 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Skulls of the Shogun finally has a release date - January 30th, 1200 points. Sadly for them (and much like Retro City Rampage) I suspect it's absolutely the wrong time of year for them to launch.
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Jan 2013 10:31:20 9,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    30th can't come quick enough for me, I have waited long enough.
  • andytheadequate 11 Jan 2013 10:34:04 8,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think end of January is too bad a time to launch. Early January is terrible timing though, everyone is still playing their Xmas games.

I have 500 points spare, anyone have any recommendations (either games at that price or 800 point games that might go on sale)
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jan 2013 10:46:10 12,877 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SomaticSense I kind of agree, mainly because I actually finished 2 but only got about half way through 1. In pure gameplay it is a quite a bit better, the dual wielding makes it much less fiddly to play. The aesthetics and atmosphere are still great but the impact is massively reduced by having visited Rapture before and I think this heavily contributes to the original being held up much more.

It being developed by different developers and having an unnecessary multiplayer added didn't do it much good in the public opinion stakes either.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Kay 11 Jan 2013 11:10:37 17,950 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was resuming my The Walking Dead save (around halfway through Episode 4) last night and was somewhat horrified to see it load a new game from Episode 1.

LUCKILY, the other day when I had stopped playing on that same slot, I had suspected something was up as the game kept on freezing at the title screen, and I had read about the save bug issue earlier. When I finally managed to get through the save load screen, I had copied the file just in case before switching off for good. So last night, when the first save started from Episode 1 again (and overwrote with an auto-save), I just deleted that one, copied the older save file again (to all three) and tried again. The first time it loaded from the start of Episode 4 (much better, but not ideal) and the second time it loaded in the right bit. Phew.

tl;dr - for anyone still playing/yet to play TWD, make sure you copy your file when you finish a session, to all three slots if possible!

Edited by Kay at 11:13:17 11-01-2013
  • FabricatedLunatic 11 Jan 2013 11:19:14 13,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just noticed that I magically have 210 more points in my account than I did the other day, pushing me over 400 and putting Minerva's Den within my reach. Thing is, I started Bioshock 2 before Christmas and was bored shitless after an hour /o\ But I did enjoy the first one and know the sequel might well draw me in if I can stick with it long enough. Ehhh...

Alternatively, I could add another 500 points and buy the Dead or Alive 5 swimsuit costume pack. Decisions...
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Jan 2013 11:29:32 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Buy Minerva's Den and watch swimsuit videos on YouTube. :)
  • RedSparrows 11 Jan 2013 11:30:40 23,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So that Shogun thing is a strategy game thing yes?

I like that kind of thing, if so. My kinda thing.
  • Blerk Moderator 11 Jan 2013 11:36:10 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Turn-based strategy, yes. In the mould of Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc. from what I can make out.
  • RedSparrows 11 Jan 2013 11:37:23 23,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmm, yes please.
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jan 2013 11:40:59 12,877 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Talking of turn based strategy, I wonder if History Channel: Legends of War - Patton will ever come out here. It released in November in the US.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• agparrot 11 Jan 2013 11:42:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am very pleased with news of Skulls of the Shogun. Having read that WHY XBLOLS FAILED IN JAPAN article, I think my biggest resentment of PS3 owners is that I can't play Disgaea on XBLA. I'd give... well, probably not body parts, but some form of monetary renumeration... to play an XBLA version of original Disgaea. I'm sure it'd fit.
  • RedSparrows 11 Jan 2013 11:42:17 23,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Even if it does, the 'History Channel' prefix makes me very sceptical.
  • andytheadequate 11 Jan 2013 11:45:12 8,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @agparrot - can I recommend buying a cheap second hand psp. The console has literally hundreds of brilliant srpgs and jrpgs. It's a massively under represented genre on xbox, unfortunately.
  • Page

of 634 First / Last