Spider season already :( Page 22

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• Bulbatron 6 Jul 2011 18:50:25 836 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trod on a large spider when I got in the shower the other day. Revolting. I dropped the corpse out of the window. It was big enough that I could see the darkness of the corpse on the outside widow sill even through the frosted glass. It was still there several days later. A few days after that, it had gone.

What took it? Perhaps it was the EDF?

Wow - what a mansion!

• ecureuil 6 Jul 2011 18:53:30 76,800 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well they've got eight legs, they ought to be fast!
  • WoodenSpoon 6 Jul 2011 18:55:55 12,285 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can someone please put this thread in its proper category?
  • Lukus 6 Jul 2011 19:02:35 19,104 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BLOIK. Apologies if previously linked.

Paintings & Photographs

• S.J.Rogers 6 Sep 2011 09:26:07 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a big False Widdow eating a massive house spider out the front of my office this morning.

Its the UKs only dangerous spider. What is it with me and these things..! /o\

Oh, and yes i have taken a photo this time... :-)
  • binky Moderator 6 Sep 2011 09:30:07 9,623 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Can someone please put this thread in its proper category?

What - like Bug Reports? :D
  • convercide 6 Sep 2011 09:41:19 6,018 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just thought I'd check what the deadliest spider near where I am currently is

I get back from work this evening, and tell my wife about the spider. "Well, let's look it up", she says. Shit! The North Black Widow is common in southern British Columbia! Shit! Shit! Shit!

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• L_Franko Moderator 6 Sep 2011 10:10:59 9,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking spider ran across the living room the other night and heading in the direction of my bedroom. I was unarmed at the time and by the time I got tooled up it was gone. Uncomfortable and sleepless night that night, I can tell ya.
  • Salaman 6 Sep 2011 10:13:04 19,037 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spiders are heading indoors for the autumn/winter already.

Two nights ago I wanted to head to bed and a huge one was sitting on the living room wall.
    I think it's one of them wolf spiders.
    I've been having some trouble with pesky little flies that turn out to be really small moths actually. They keep cropping up from somewhere, I kill them, a few days later there's a new batch of them. So I figured the spider can stay, hopefully sort the little fuckers out.

I said "you better be out of sight tomorrow" and went to bed.
    Yesterday I came home from work, went to wash my hands at the kitchen sink and there it was. Stuck in the sink. :-)
    Helped him out with a fly swatter and he dropped off the ledge and absailed to the ground. Then scuttled off.
    Spotted him climbing the kitchen wall later that night.

I think I'll name him Peter.
  • Lexx87 6 Sep 2011 10:13:42 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's in your brain.

Speak the truth hussy!

• convercide 6 Sep 2011 10:15:40 6,018 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I remember doing a paper route as a kid and walking into a web. The funny thing was the only way it could have happened is if the web was across the WHOLE STREET. Mentalist spider was probably trying to catch a person, or even more ambitiously - a car.

• Deleted user 6 September 2011 10:16:55
    Don't kill them, I've always thought it wrong to kill a spider personally. They get rid of all the crap thats in the insect world.
  • convercide 6 Sep 2011 10:19:40 6,018 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, there's one in the carport where I am at the moment and it's a clever bugger, I'll give it that. It has located its web right next to a outside light to catch the flies et al. that congregate toward to such luminary devices at night.

EDIT: ...and hopefully they get a few mosquitos. It's like the local mosquitos can smell me coming a mile off. "Fresh blood!" they rasp as they home in on my arms and legs.

On a freaky unrelated to spider but more related to mosquito note:

I am actually Type-O.

• Mageme 6 Sep 2011 10:21:16 2,015 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    Don't kill them, I've always thought it wrong to kill a spider personally. They get rid of all the crap thats in the insect world.

That's fine if they're nice and small and discreet but when they're feck off massive ones which just scurry around the living room with no obvious purpose, then it's hoover time!

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• ronuds 23 Sep 2011 20:48:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy crap - it sounds like you're overrun with them! Burn the whole house down if you have to!
  • Pinky_Floyd 23 Sep 2011 20:48:44 7,888 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    We've got big fucking spiders crawling all over our house :D my youngest lad has just had three running all over his body, he's only wearing his underpants, he's stood there giggling saying they're tickling him, my eldest lad is scared of them but I'm trying to slowly introduce them to him because I don't want him to be scared like I was for many years.

Beautiful creatures.
    /calls social services
  • LeoliansBro 23 Sep 2011 20:59:45 44,168 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Phobia lol. It's entirely rational to fear SATAN SPAWN MANIFEST WITH DEVIL EYES AND DEVIL LEGS HIDING UNDER YOUR BED LIKE AN ARMOURED HAIRY CUNT.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Nanocrystal 23 Sep 2011 21:00:01 1,015 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *shudders*

Since moving to Canada I haven't actually seen a spider bigger than a pound coin. Must be the harsh winters. Love it here!
  • ronuds 23 Sep 2011 21:04:03 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't understand spider sympathizers. If those evil little bastards could, they'd kill us all.
  • oceanmotion 23 Sep 2011 21:17:20 15,925 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You know it's massive when you hear a thud as it falls onto the floor while your watching TV. I turned my head immediately and woah Huge bastard. So much for being sneaky, I heard you moving!
  • DFawkes 23 Sep 2011 21:28:23 22,938 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    We've been scooping them up the Missus
    There is a middle ground between this and killing them, you know.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• localnotail 23 Sep 2011 21:48:10 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    S'ok, they are starting to pick up really bad habits now , they might wipe themselves out...

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Salaman 23 Sep 2011 22:35:49 19,037 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    Yeah, there's one in the carport where I am at the moment and it's a clever bugger, I'll give it that. It has located its web right next to a outside light to catch the flies et al. that congregate toward to such luminary devices at night.

EDIT: ...and hopefully they get a few mosquitos. It's like the local mosquitos can smell me coming a mile off. "Fresh blood!" they rasp as they home in on my arms and legs.

On a freaky unrelated to spider but more related to mosquito note:

I am actually Type-O.

Yaaay. :-(

Is type O-
  • Dirtbox 6 Oct 2011 06:17:11 78,142 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Enjoy!

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dougs 6 Oct 2011 06:23:11 67,664 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ugly fucking thing. Our garden is full of those enormous common garden spiders, hideous fuckers.

In other spider news, my mate ate deep fried tarantula. Said it tastes quite nice with a black pepper sauce
  • JBlokeUK 6 Oct 2011 06:26:11 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For those who hate spiders NEVER come here to Australia.

There is a spider here called The Huntsman, a hairy fucking thing that JUMPS at you. Yes that's right, it JUMPS at you.

Went to the bog here at work last week and saw one sitting on the toilet seat, waiting. Needless to say I didn't go near that toilet for days.

I like it when he's angry.

• Page

of 28 First / Last