of 28 First / Last

• Retroid Moderator 29 Mar 2008 16:50:24 44,501 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A short, informal but informative film about spiders >_>
  • Foregone Reality 29 Mar 2008 16:55:42 2,218 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You'll realise that come 2100 the spider homeworld will send a large meteorite to destroy a part of South America. It will the turning point in our history where we will have to arm up and destroy the spiders.

Put them outside now while you still can. They're all on Covert Intelligence Ops!
  • Inquisitor Moderator 29 Mar 2008 16:56:51 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Put them outside by all means, don't murder them though, that's not necessary ;_;
  • Foregone Reality 29 Mar 2008 17:01:44 2,218 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murdering them will only hasten the inevitable invasion. Keep them happy for now. :/
  • convercide 29 Mar 2008 17:05:57 5,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only extra-terrestrial spiders must die.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Lexx87 29 Mar 2008 17:12:54 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to agree with the comment of killing them now while they are still small and not the size that could eat a small child. I'm sorry inquisitor, i'm weak and pathetic but I hate the bastards. If I kill them they can't crawl on me.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 29 Mar 2008 17:13:21 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Foregone Reality wrote:
    You'll realise that come 2100 the spider homeworld will send a large meteorite to destroy a part of South America. It will the turning point in our history where we will have to arm up and destroy the spiders.

Put them outside now while you still can. They're all on Covert Intelligence Ops!

/watches Starship Troopers

Speak the truth hussy!

• Inquisitor Moderator 29 Mar 2008 17:14:59 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    I have to agree with the comment of killing them now while they are still small and not the size that could eat a small child. I'm sorry inquisitor, i'm weak and pathetic but I hate the bastards. If I kill them they can't crawl on me.

S'alright, I do the same to small children >_>
  • GrandpaUlrira 29 Mar 2008 17:17:35 3,751 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Put them outside by all means, don't murder them though, that's not necessary ;_;
    It's not murder: they're animals.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 29 Mar 2008 17:20:33 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, I didn't know they were.

I thought people were arrested and trialed for killing spiders, OMFG, what a revelation that they're not, you're so clever Granpa...

>_>
  • Kay 29 Mar 2008 17:21:10 17,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My severe phobia of spiders is getting really annoying now. For example, I need to clear out the garage but can't go in there because it's filthy and most probably full of spiders. What's more, we're getting a major extension done in the summer, who knows how many of the buggers that's likely to bring out. :(

For what's it worth, I don't like to kill them. In fact, I don't mind them hanging around... as long as I don't see or know about them. It's only when I notice one that things really start to get difficult.

K
  • GrandpaUlrira 29 Mar 2008 17:23:04 3,751 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Oh, I didn't know they were.

I thought people were arrested and trialed for killing spiders, OMFG, what a revelation that they're not, you're so clever Granpa...

>_>
    If you deliberately use charged words, you should at least know what they mean.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 29 Mar 2008 17:25:10 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know what it means you absolute idiot, I can't believe some people on here I really cannot.

/sorry, that was too harsh
  • GrandpaUlrira 29 Mar 2008 17:29:18 3,751 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha, ok. Don't get riled up. Just playing. All fun and games until someone loses a few legs.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 29 Mar 2008 17:32:30 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    Haha, ok. Don't get riled up. Just playing. All fun and games until someone loses a few legs.

Yea, apologies again, I'm in a foul mood today.

Anyway, spiders FTW.
  • Lexx87 29 Mar 2008 18:57:30 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah hey guys, lets not destroy the thread already...

Spiders FTL...you cunts

Speak the truth hussy!

• Ares 29 Mar 2008 20:15:11 1,822 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    A spider in England though, they can bite, but even if they do it doesn't hurt much at all. Get over it.

Woah, woah, woah, woaaaaooh, woooooaaaaoooohh! ...

Our spiders can bite? o_O

/reconsiders allegiance

I caught one just like DDevil's in the bath a few months ago, a hardy winter fucker. It had great furry feelers. I was like, "What the fuck is that!"

And then you've to go looking for a suitably rigid piece of card to get rid of it. And then you're outside negotiating the release. "Don't fuckin' run up my sleeve you!" You lift the glass. It's dark. What happened? I can't see it! Uh-oh! And then you run inside. At least you often have hot water to scald the glass when you're done. Don't want spider aids.

Moths are just annoying. Get off my laptop screen you idiot! No, don't go on arm, or my face. Where are you even going? What's your problem?

Fortunately, I've never had to deal with one of those massive furry moths that taunt me at my window from the late-summer onwards.
  • Ares 29 Mar 2008 20:17:09 1,822 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ignition wrote:
    Have a hoover to hand, that's how I deal with them, this doesn't always kill them as well. I've seen spiders alive from hoover bag rubbish.

Ignition, that's awful. Imagine what it feels like to be trapped in a hoover bag. :_;
  • Lexx87 29 Mar 2008 20:18:18 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ares wrote:
    Ignition wrote:
    Have a hoover to hand, that's how I deal with them, this doesn't always kill them as well. I've seen spiders alive from hoover bag rubbish.

Ignition, that's awful. Imagine what it feels like to be trapped in a hoover bag. :_;

I heard the air pressure makes them explode.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 29 Mar 2008 20:19:13 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ares wrote:

Moths are just annoying. Get off my laptop screen you idiot! No, don't go on arm, or my face. Where are you even going? What's your problem?

This is why I love moths

Speak the truth hussy!

• Flightrisker 30 Mar 2008 11:24:29 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    O_o

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=o0peFCNLNHg&NR=1
  • FixedInfinity 30 Mar 2008 11:46:52 1,682 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really do hate spiders, but wasps suck more.
  • Lutz 30 Mar 2008 12:13:14 48,854 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wasps eat spiders.

I can't fuckign stand wasps.

Spiders I don't like, but I try not to kill them. If the MRs isn't around I'll usually just leave them be, but if it's one that's got longer legs than Niomi Campbell than outside it goes.

The Mrs won't let me put them out though:

"No! You've got to kill it! If you put it outside it'll tell all of the other spiders that we're a house that doesn't kill spiders!"
  • Inquisitor Moderator 30 Mar 2008 12:15:17 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Errrr...that's a good thing though, if they know you kill them you'll be first on the wall (web) when the revolution comes.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 30 Mar 2008 12:32:34 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aspic wrote:
    *Everyone* is scared of spiders at some size. Its just a matter of scale

I wouldn't disagree. My worst ever spider moment? I was moving some old patio stones from behind the shed for my mum. As I picked one up she screamed and claimed there was a huuuuge spider on the side facing away from me...

Obviously, I was now stuck. I could throw the stone down but that would risk killing the spider or smashing the stone, I couldn't put the thing down now either cause I knew the spider was on the other side! Really heavy, awkward stones aswell, and I was stood in a silly position as I had to reach over to pick them up.

Just had to wait patiently for it to crawl around to my side...jesus, it was massive, biggest I've ever seen in this country :p

Was a real scary moment though, cause I couldn't see the thing but knew it was massive. I'll admit, the animal side of me was screaming for me to throw the stone on the floor but all it takes is a little rational thinking...yes, it's bloody big, but even if it did bite (why would it, I'm not attacking it) it's not going to hurt as much as say a wasp sting.
  • convercide 30 Mar 2008 12:34:49 5,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aspic wrote:

Imagine if regular spiders were as big as these.

• Lutz 30 Mar 2008 12:39:06 48,854 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    Aspic wrote:

Imagine if regular spiders were as big as these.
    LOL!

This crab is considered a worthy foe among it's peers, being that it has a very strong shell, but one can beat it quickly and decisevely by flipping it onto it's back, and striking weak spot for massive damage.

How the hell has that past the wiki-mods?!
  • convercide 30 Mar 2008 12:40:11 5,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lutz wrote:

This crab is considered a worthy foe among it's peers, being that it has a very strong shell, but one can beat it quickly and decisevely by flipping it onto it's back, and striking weak spot for massive damage.

How the hell has that past the wiki-mods?!

I didn't read that bit! :D

• Inquisitor Moderator 30 Mar 2008 12:42:09 14,545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, is that meme ever going to end, it's just quality through and through.

Apparently the crabs did fight in 'historical battles'...

The Heike Crab (Heikegani) is a species of crab (Heikea japonica) native to the waters surrounding Japan. It has a dark purple shell which resembles a human face, particularly that of an angry Samurai. Heike Crabs, when caught, are thrown back into the sea by fishermen because they are believed to be the reincarnation of the Heike samurai defeated at the Battle of Dan-no-ura, a real sea battle which took place on April 25, 1185, during the Genpei War (1180-1185 CE) in the end of the Heian Period (794- 1185 CE) where the Genji fought the Heike and defeated them, and installed the Kamakura Shogunate. This event was also recorded in the Heike Monogatari (Tale of the Heike). Due to this history, they are sometimes called Samurai Crabs.

Okay, so, their namesakes did :p
  • Bloodloss 30 Mar 2008 13:18:21 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've never seen a spider do anything for me. Every time I've seen a fly or what have you fly into one of their webs, they get out of them in like 3 seconds. Maybe the spiders who live in my house are just pussies. In any regard, I'd prefer it to be swarming with flies, and even wasps, than spiders tbh
  • Page

of 28 First / Last