Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:

You know you're agreeing with him yeah?

Yeah I errr know!
  • neilka 17 Jul 2008 12:01:36 15,914 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SHE'S BEHIND YOU

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• magicpanda 17 Jul 2008 12:05:13 13,362 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Err.. kind of related. Front page of BBC news now.

Shocking.
  • Stickman 17 Jul 2008 12:06:50 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    'Summer Mischief'. I have a new defence. \o/

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• nickthegun 17 Jul 2008 12:07:09 59,912 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think they expected the Mosley thing to come back and bite them because he is one of the most hatable men in the known universe.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 17 July 2008 12:07:30
    Q control does indeed give us complete online control of our calls.
  • the_dudefather 17 Jul 2008 12:07:37 9,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kidnapped by Carmen sandiego

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• thefilthandthefury 17 Jul 2008 12:11:33 25,018 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:

But that then begs the question... where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Pirotic Moderator 17 Jul 2008 12:12:16 20,647 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    San Diego?
  • magicpanda 17 Jul 2008 12:12:23 13,362 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    Q control does indeed give us complete online control of our calls.

I can do you a great deal. :)
  • TechnoHippy 17 Jul 2008 12:12:55 14,715 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    'Summer Mischief'. I have a new defence. \o/

It's not so much a crime as an "entrapment opportunity" :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• mcmonkeyplc 17 Jul 2008 12:14:17 39,456 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Her mum and dad killed her.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• glaeken 17 Jul 2008 12:15:49 11,171 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    You know on the whole search thing I think it just got out of their control. They of course had to initially go along with it but after it became so big how on earth would they have been able to put a stop to it all without raising suspicion?

Still of course maybe they did have nothing to do with it but I can still see its possible if they did they might have got caught up in the campaign to find Maddy and have been unable to stop it.

but there is covering it up, and then there is showing a picture of her to the pope. I mean, unless they knew there was no way in hell they would get caught, nobody with an ounce of sense would of spent millions of other peoples donations trying to find her, because the response if they are found guilty after having done all that will be far worse.

so either are either very very cocky about it, or they seriously didn't do it. I'd like to think they did do it, then I can mentally wrap a ribbon around it and not worry about where the poor girl might be. I dread to think that maybe the parents didn't do it, if that makes sense. And I think that might cloud peoples judgements and explain why people want the parents to be guilty of it.

I don't really disagree with you on any of that I just don't see it as completely out of the realms of possibility that they could still have done it.

Really my position on this aside from theories is I really am undecided and ultimately I dont think we are ever going to have an answer as to what happened.
  • the_dudefather 17 Jul 2008 12:19:00 9,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:

But that then begs the question... where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

The question is not 'Where' but 'when is she?'

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• DaM 17 Jul 2008 12:21:26 13,162 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    You know on the whole search thing I think it just got out of their control. They of course had to initially go along with it but after it became so big how on earth would they have been able to put a stop to it all without raising suspicion?

Still of course maybe they did have nothing to do with it but I can still see its possible if they did they might have got caught up in the campaign to find Maddy and have been unable to stop it.

but there is covering it up, and then there is showing a picture of her to the pope. I mean, unless they knew there was no way in hell they would get caught, nobody with an ounce of sense would of spent millions of other peoples donations trying to find her, because the response if they are found guilty after having done all that will be far worse.

so either are either very very cocky about it, or they seriously didn't do it. I'd like to think they did do it, then I can mentally wrap a ribbon around it and not worry about where the poor girl might be. I dread to think that maybe the parents didn't do it, if that makes sense. And I think that might cloud peoples judgements and explain why people want the parents to be guilty of it.

I don't really disagree with you on any of that I just don't see it as completely out of the realms of possibility that they could still have done it.

Really my position on this aside from theories is I really am undecided and ultimately I don’t think we are ever going to have an answer as to what happened.

It's not so much them doing it I have a problem with, it's how they could have disposed of the body - not easy at the best of times, but your own child, on holiday, within a very short timespan.... next to impossible.
  • pistol 17 Jul 2008 12:21:58 13,019 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    That Murat bloke has done alright out of this. They say he will get half a million compensation from the tabloids. It's almost worth getting accused of a crime you did not commit (or at least a crime no-one can prove you committed as personal I think Murat fails the does this person look like a pedo test).

You think so?

I'm not sure 500k is enough to potentially ruin your life for ever. Whether or not he receives compensation there will still be that air of doubt surrounding him. Guilty or innocent. The media can really fuck up peoples lives.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2008 12:23:10
    SO what happened a few months ago with that woman who said she saw a girl in a restaurant or somewhere that looked exactly like Maddy, eye and everything, and it was even caught on a CCTV camera apparently?
  • Stickman 17 Jul 2008 12:25:24 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Turns out it was a lemur.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Pirotic Moderator 17 Jul 2008 12:25:30 20,647 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    was some other girl who looked not that much like her.
  • thefilthandthefury 17 Jul 2008 12:28:03 25,018 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone actually believe she's alive? No matter who did it, it's hardly likely she isn't dead!
  • Pirotic Moderator 17 Jul 2008 12:36:21 20,647 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "looks like a boy I... oh a girl you say? no idea then"
  • Deleted user 17 July 2008 12:41:30
    I still reckon the parents did it by mistake.
  • Stickman 17 Jul 2008 12:47:54 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If anyone can put out feelers and find a small child, it's the Catholic church.

ZING!

Seriously though, those guys are OK.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• SirScratchalot 17 Jul 2008 12:53:37 7,872 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    ~j~ wrote:
    I just hope that wherever she is, she is being treated well and not being abused etc.
    Very little chance of that unfortunately. She's either already dead or likely suffering more than she would have had that fate been quickly brought upon her. The kind of people who'd snatch her certainly wouldn't be out to make her life enjoyable.
    Let's hope for someone who lost their own child and were looking for a replacement anyway.
    I just want it to be that kind of world, not the truly evil kind, more the a bit mentally disturbed but not really bastardish kind.
  • Pirotic Moderator 17 Jul 2008 12:58:45 20,647 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    you are my mum and I claim my 5. She said the exact same thing "maybe it was somebody who lost a little girl and wanted another one to take care of...". wishful thinking.

and whens dinner ready?
  • glaeken 17 Jul 2008 13:34:01 11,171 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:
    glaeken wrote:

Really my position on this aside from theories is I really am undecided and ultimately I don’t think we are ever going to have an answer as to what happened.

It's not so much them doing it I have a problem with, it's how they could have disposed of the body - not easy at the best of times, but your own child, on holiday, within a very short timespan.... next to impossible.

How do you know when they disposed of the body? They could have just hidden it in the hire car on the night she disappeared and then got rid of it when they had more time which is why the DNA evidence from the car was thought to be important I guess.

I doubt they were treating the McCann's as suspects and searched their car on the night of the disappearance.

As to where the body went we are talking about a very rural country and it would be far from tricky to find somewhere quiet to hide the body.

Anyway as I have said I don't know if they are guilty or not but I am not happy declaring that they did not or could not have done it as I do think its at least a possibility.

• SirScratchalot 17 Jul 2008 14:44:52 7,872 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    you are my mum and I claim my 5. She said the exact same thing "maybe it was somebody who lost a little girl and wanted another one to take care of...". wishful thinking.

and whens dinner ready?

It happens though.
    Both with babies and young children, usually it's cleared up quickly as friends realize that the kid wasn't there a few days ago, so yeah, it's wishful thinking but at least I'm aware of that.

Edit:
    And clean your room first.
  • Syrette 17 Jul 2008 14:46:20 43,450 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone found it yet?

• Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 6 First / Last