Where oh where, oh where is Maddy? Page 5

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:14:12 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago


    The Canns also want to make sure a documentary produced by Mr Amaral for Portuguese TV does not win a wider audience.

    Their defamation case, lodged yesterday in Lisbon, alleges that Mr Amaral has damaged their reputation ‘causing indescribable devastation and suffering’ and put in danger the well-being of their children, twins Sean and Amelie, four, and particularly Madeleine.

    Mr Amaral was forced off the inquiry in October 2007 for criticising British police.

    He was partly responsible for making the McCanns arguidos, formal suspects, in the case.

    His book claims Madeleine, then aged three, died in a ‘tragic accident’ in the holiday flat on the night she disappeared.

    Mr Amaral has never claimed that heart surgeon Gerry and GP Kate, of Rothley, Leicestershire, killed her.
    Maddie

    Mystery: Madeleine disappeared two years ago aged just three

    He has reportedly said his only regret was failing to carry out a reconstruction of events soon after Madeleine vanished, but says he was put under ‘serious pressure’ not to.

    The McCanns said they were taking action over Mr Amaral’s claims ‘that Madeleine is not only dead but that we, her parents, were somehow involved in concealing her body’.

    They said it was ‘a disgraceful thesis that we are somehow involved in the disappearance of our much loved daughter Madeleine’.

    They added: ‘We can no longer stand back and watch Mr Amaral try to convince the entire world that Madeleine is dead.’
  • silentbob 18 Jun 2009 00:19:57 28,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    His intentions must be entirely honourable, given he's got a book out and all.
    o_O

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • Ka-blamo 18 Jun 2009 00:24:02 7,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Surely it was an accident?.....little kids die all the time from various accidents like this, its not always someones fault......most likely on holiday would be a toddler drowning in the pool/sea.....and does that automatically mean the dad or mum gets 10 years?.....not that I know of....


    Your abandoned drugged kid accidentally kills itself while you are out getting loaded.

    Yes, I'm sure everyone would be very understanding.


    surely its better than everyone finding out you stuffed her corpse in a suitcase and threw it in the sea!
  • Load_2.0 18 Jun 2009 00:24:46 19,441 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I had a missing child I would let everyone make money off it, especially if they accused me of covering up an accident and disposing of the body.

  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:25:07 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, that explains it.

    According to this blogger, the documentary won't be shown in the UK: http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/207201.html

    Shame.
  • WrongShui 18 Jun 2009 00:25:59 6,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    surely its better than everyone finding out you stuffed her corpse in a suitcase and threw it in the sea!

    But not as good as getting away from it scott free.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:28:57 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The documentary seems to be embedded here: http://wwwjohn-m-ward.blogspot.com/2009/05/madeleine-mccann-documentary.html but I can't get it to load.

    I'll keep digging. It'd be much easier to discuss if the playingfield is level.
  • silentbob 18 Jun 2009 00:32:26 28,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whilst the evidence in the documenary sounds convincing, I'm afraid the commercial asperations taint anything he has to say.

    Also, are you sure the documentary hasn't been shown in the UK because of pressure from the Mcanns? Or is it just possible that it lacks enough credible and/or corroborated evidence for a UK network to come anywhere near - especially for such an emotive story.

    I'd like to see it though, it does sound persuasive.

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • sirtacos 18 Jun 2009 00:33:08 7,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    morriss wrote:


    The Canns also want to make sure a documentary produced by Mr Amaral for Portuguese TV does not win a wider audience.

    Their defamation case, lodged yesterday in Lisbon, alleges that Mr Amaral has damaged their reputation ‘causing indescribable devastation and suffering’ and put in danger the well-being of their children, twins Sean and Amelie, four, and particularly Madeleine.

    Mr Amaral was forced off the inquiry in October 2007 for criticising British police.

    He was partly responsible for making the McCanns arguidos, formal suspects, in the case.

    His book claims Madeleine, then aged three, died in a ‘tragic accident’ in the holiday flat on the night she disappeared.

    Mr Amaral has never claimed that heart surgeon Gerry and GP Kate, of Rothley, Leicestershire, killed her.
    Maddie

    Mystery: Madeleine disappeared two years ago aged just three

    He has reportedly said his only regret was failing to carry out a reconstruction of events soon after Madeleine vanished, but says he was put under ‘serious pressure’ not to.

    The McCanns said they were taking action over Mr Amaral’s claims ‘that Madeleine is not only dead but that we, her parents, were somehow involved in concealing her body’.

    They said it was ‘a disgraceful thesis that we are somehow involved in the disappearance of our much loved daughter Madeleine’.

    They added: ‘We can no longer stand back and watch Mr Amaral try to convince the entire world that Madeleine is dead.’

    It may be because I'm high and looking at it from a paranoid eye but they had me hooked until "much loved". Is that really necessary? Seems like a given, and a bit overdone.
    That said, my paranoia is tempered by the fact that obliquely attacking grieving parents because of sentence structure is probably a terrible thing to do. As well as dumb, obviously
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:34:49 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here's an article and a clip from the documentary where you can see the dogs barking by the McCann's car.

    http://duartelevyen.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/maddie-what-lies-beneath-the-truth/
  • Ka-blamo 18 Jun 2009 00:35:05 7,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    but I can't get it to load.

    Jewz innit...
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:37:51 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got it: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/04/maddie-what-lies-beneath-truth-watch-it.html

    It's here in full.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 00:41:33 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    Whilst the evidence in the documenary sounds convincing, I'm afraid the commercial asperations taint anything he has to say.

    Also, are you sure the documentary hasn't been shown in the UK because of pressure from the Mcanns? Or is it just possible that it lacks enough credible and/or corroborated evidence for a UK network to come anywhere near - especially for such an emotive story.

    I'd like to see it though, it does sound persuasive.

    I'm sure that if I led an investigation of this magnitude and I felt I was wrongly dismissed, I'd most likely want to tell my side of the story. I don't think using a book as a platform for that would damage my professional credibility. At least I hope it wouldn't anyway.

    Anyway, the documentary's in the link I posted above. So you can all pwn me and "morrissoverreactionlol" in the morning. :)
  • Ka-blamo 18 Jun 2009 01:06:15 7,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Got it: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/04/maddie-what-lies-beneath-truth-watch-it.html

    It's here in full.

    watching now
  • Erida 18 Jun 2009 01:28:19 47 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago


    Madeleine McCann hunt cop found guilty of faking evidence in missing kid case
    May 23 2009

    THE cop who led the Madeleine McCann inquiry was yesterday found guilty of falsifying evidence in another missing child case.

    Goncalo Amaral, 49, helped cover up for three of his officers accused of torturing a family into confessing to their daughter's murder.

    The men were cleared but Amaral was given an 18-month suspended jail sentence by a court in Portugal.

    The verdict followed a seven-month trial.

    Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry are suing Amaral for defamation over his book The Truth About The Lie.

    In it, he claims their daughter died in a tragic accident and accused them of covering up her death and hiding the body.

    Amaral was in charge of the investigation for five months and when the McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were named as formal suspects in September 2007.

    He was sacked weeks later and took early retirement.

    The McCanns hope to have his book removed from the shef


    Goncalo Amaral
  • Psychotext 18 Jun 2009 01:29:21 54,391 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now that's a conspiracy. :D
  • Psychotext 18 Jun 2009 02:32:29 54,391 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just finished watching it. Very interesting... though to be honest it didn't make me think they'd covered up her death any more than I already did. I just can't factor the times involved... especially knowing what sort of state the body would be in so long after death.

    The dog stuff was very interesting though. Search dogs are amazing.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Jun 2009 06:50:30 14,961 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I always thought that Maddy,being left alone which is totally totally unforgivable in any circumstance, (no one will ever convince me otherwise) had an accident and died. When the McCann's got back, they panicked and obviously in a great deal of shock, decided that due to their neglect their child had died and it would be more than likely their other children would be taken from them and put into care. Once this "plan" was put into action, there was no going back due to the press and world coverage.
    In a way I hope that it what happened, rather that than some piece of shit nonce grabbing her. Such a sad tragic case, fancy leaving your child, the first time I really don't think so ?
    My 3 year old daughter wakes up crying sometimes in the middle of the night for whatever reason, she calls out to me or her mum for a cuddle and reassurance...imagine not being there.

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 07:24:44
    The problem is that this is all getting in the way of the real question - Kate Mcann - would you?
  • chopsen 18 Jun 2009 08:18:05 16,125 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    Also, are you sure the documentary hasn't been shown in the UK because of pressure from the Mcanns? Or is it just possible that it lacks enough credible and/or corroborated evidence for a UK network to come anywhere near - especially for such an emotive story.

    Doubt it. You can get any old stuff broadcast/published in the UK unless it's libellous. It being an emotive story would be a reason FOR it being broadcast.

    Regardless of it's credibility, the UK media are likely to give this a wide berth as they're still doing quite well out of the "tragic parent's tireless search for missing girl" angle, which this would not sit pretty with.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 08:26:01 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The doc's linked above if you've got time to watch it.
  • FWB 18 Jun 2009 08:29:17 44,833 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This doc better be good or I'm going to starting killing people.

    EDIT: And 5 min I'm already bored.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 08:36:39 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not "good" no. In fact, it's very amateurish in parts. Still, it shows in my mind that an abduction didn't take place and there was blood in the apartment and car that probably belonged to Madeline.
  • FWB 18 Jun 2009 08:38:13 44,833 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I don't care enough about the whole event to want to sit through more of what I saw.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 08:38:47 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't watch it on my account. :)
  • FWB 18 Jun 2009 08:40:25 44,833 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, I tried to. :) Tend to try any documentaries that people post. Unless it's about wildlife... that can sod off.
  • silentbob 18 Jun 2009 08:49:52 28,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    silentbob wrote:
    Whilst the evidence in the documenary sounds convincing, I'm afraid the commercial asperations taint anything he has to say.

    Also, are you sure the documentary hasn't been shown in the UK because of pressure from the Mcanns? Or is it just possible that it lacks enough credible and/or corroborated evidence for a UK network to come anywhere near - especially for such an emotive story.

    I'd like to see it though, it does sound persuasive.

    I'm sure that if I led an investigation of this magnitude and I felt I was wrongly dismissed, I'd most likely want to tell my side of the story. I don't think using a book as a platform for that would damage my professional credibility. At least I hope it wouldn't anyway.

    Anyway, the documentary's in the link I posted above. So you can all pwn me and "morrissoverreactionlol" in the morning. :)
    I agree. But you have to admit it does taint his impartiality. After all, no one really wants to read a book which corroborates all that the Mcanns have said now do they.

    Not arguing that he shouldn't have the right to air his grievances and thoughts on the matter, but I'm afraid as smoking guns go, I'll need a more balanced and impartial source. I mean, the very fact that the guy was treated so badly means that there has to be an element of personal agenda here.

    So, although I won't go all the way to 'morrissoverreactionlol' - I will say that you seem to have been sucked in to what sounds like a nigh-on polemical programme, supporting one man's view on the Maddy saga.

    Like I said, I still want to see it though.

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • silentbob 18 Jun 2009 08:51:43 28,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    silentbob wrote:
    Also, are you sure the documentary hasn't been shown in the UK because of pressure from the Mcanns? Or is it just possible that it lacks enough credible and/or corroborated evidence for a UK network to come anywhere near - especially for such an emotive story.

    Doubt it. You can get any old stuff broadcast/published in the UK unless it's libellous. It being an emotive story would be a reason FOR it being broadcast.

    Regardless of it's credibility, the UK media are likely to give this a wide berth as they're still doing quite well out of the "tragic parent's tireless search for missing girl" angle, which this would not sit pretty with.
    You do sort of contradict yourself there a bit. :)

    Yes it's emotive for the UK public so it would be shown, but it wouldn't be shown because of the UK public's attitudes to the incident. :p

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • morriss 18 Jun 2009 08:53:02 71,120 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    silentbob wrote:

    Like I said, I still want to see it though.
    Well, it's linked above, so fill your boots. :)
  • silentbob 18 Jun 2009 08:57:48 28,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know, I know. Between a baby-sploding wife and work I need to find time. :)

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

Log in or register to reply