Summer Festivals Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• DFective 4 Apr 2008 19:42:50 2,013 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Going to Download Festival myself. Can't wait as it'll be my first festival.

Will probably get a sunday ticket for Reading too as that looks like the only good day. If RATM were sunday instead of friday it would in fact be perfect but oh well.
  • warlockuk 21 Apr 2008 00:08:00 19,223 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graspop's lineup isn't too bad this year. A few shite bands but that's to be expected with Graspop - lotta wanky arsehat bands - but still, some interesting bands on the lineup.

I'm tempted to go just so I can say I've seen KISS (even though I think they suck)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• otto Moderator 21 Apr 2008 00:15:46 49,335 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone done a festival with small kids in tow? I'm thinking of dragging them along to either Womad or Woodwych this year.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• funkstar 21 Apr 2008 00:29:56 1,194 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @otto

my first time this year, but by all accounts latitude is pretty kid friendly... best advice would be to check the forums for each festival (if there are any?) and ask around there...

i've noticed on latitude forums there are a few people who have gone before with children, and of course there's a separate family campsite too, but these are things to check out before you commit!

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• otto Moderator 21 Apr 2008 12:30:43 49,335 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks, looks really nice! Interesting literary/poetry/comedy line-up, I'm wondering how that works in a festival context.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• urban 21 Apr 2008 12:37:22 11,066 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    got tickets for download but i just heard from a friend that he got vip tickets for reading due to a high up friend at mean fiddler..so i think i'll get some of them.
  • RichGL 21 Apr 2008 12:46:32 791 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    V is fucking bollocks, it's my local festival but is the one that is least embarrassed to cockjob the corporate shit. And the lineup this year is total shite (IMO).

If I go to any, I think it'll be the Big Chill. Always have a great time there.

Same here. Excellent food, wierd bands you've never heard of and hopefully the Wray and Nephew bar.

Not camping at the Big Chill though. We're going to get a taxi home every night :)
  • Huntcjna 21 Apr 2008 13:15:07 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    Benno wrote:
    manuel_garcia wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Im going to see Sigur Ros at Rock Wertcher in Belgium which has an incredible line up:

R.E.M, Radiohead, Neil Young, Moby, Underworld, The Verve, Kings Of Leon, Beck, Babyshambles, Soulwax, 2manydjs, Kate Nash, Duffy, The National, dEUS, Lenny Kravitz, The Chemical Brothers, Mika, Sigur Ros, Kaiser Chiefs, Nightwish, Een Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Counting Crows, Editors, Roisin Murphy, The Hives, Chris Cornell, The Kooks, Air Traffic, Justice, Digitalism, KT Tunstall, Beirut, Gossip, John Butler Trio, Band of Horses.

/is in awe of the greatness

Holy crap. That's like what Glasto should be, but isn't.

That line up is unreal

Infact that lineup is so nice, i been talking to my mate on msn and I think we are going to be heading over there instead of leeds/reading this year.

Be good to see you there Huntcjna :D

If your planning on going, were travelling from London using the festivalbus service. We had a few friends recommend it last year and they were very impressed.

65 return!

http://www.festivalbus.co.uk/booking.asp
  • Funk-e-ham 22 Apr 2008 20:06:40 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Damn. Just looked at Latitudes line up and it looks fantastic. I wish I had seen that before buying my Leeds ticket.
  • otto Moderator 22 Apr 2008 20:09:04 49,335 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Think we're going to do Shambala Blissfield or End of the Road after further research

Can't wait

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• funkstar 22 Apr 2008 20:33:49 1,194 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Funk-e-ham wrote:
    Damn. Just looked at Latitudes line up and it looks fantastic. I wish I had seen that before buying my Leeds ticket.

go to both!

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• Funk-e-ham 22 Apr 2008 20:37:37 17 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't have enough money and about thirty of my friends have got Leeds tickets too so I'll still have a good time, just Latitudes line up is much better.
  • Dougs 15 May 2008 08:10:32 69,467 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BT Have tickets for the Isle of Wight Festival going if anyone is interested. Sold out but they're releasing promo tickets every day. Sod paying 130 for them though, I'll go and sit the other side of the river and listen!
  • Ginger 15 May 2008 08:41:37 6,916 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just heard Roots Manuva will be at Bestival!

@Dougs, can you really get that close and do loads of people pile down to that spot for a free listen?

London open taekwondo champion

• Dougs 13 Jun 2008 10:02:31 69,467 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone off/know anyone heading over to the IOW for the festival this weekend? Glorious weather at the mo, but rain expected.

Ginger - sorry, only just remembered this thread. You can go the other side of the River Medina by the Newport-Cowes cyclepath and listen. Last few years there have been hundreds there - esp in one space apparently where you could see the main stage too. The Council have blocked this off this year though due to lack of toilets (as if that's a problem with a river at your feet...!)

Might try and head over there tomorrow afternoon to see what's occurring.
  • Cloudane 13 Jun 2008 11:38:47 1,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Just heard Roots Manuva will be at Bestival!

@Dougs, can you really get that close and do loads of people pile down to that spot for a free listen?

LOADS of people do it but depending on where you sit or stand, you won't be able to see everything as the stage faces away from you (kind of).

I wouldn't be surprised if the security tightens up around the area tomorrow!
  • Dougs 13 Jun 2008 11:39:50 69,467 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You an Islander too Cloudane?
  • Cloudane 13 Jun 2008 11:41:34 1,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    You an Islander too Cloudane?

My cousin lives there with her boyfriend; I went last year.

I might pop over during the summer holidays as I will get five weeks off! I'm a teacher, just so you wondered.
  • Dougs 13 Jun 2008 15:33:40 69,467 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah cool. Not going myself, wasn't that impressed with the line up. Plus I really didn't want to spend 3 days there!
  • WoodenSpoon 19 Jun 2008 14:26:41 12,302 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    glaaaade

lineup:

Autechre
    Bong Ra
    Hellfish
    Remarc
    Bass Clef
    Clark
    Distance
    Electromeca
    Scotch Egg
    Ove Naxx
    Rotator
    Sickboy
    The Bug
    Vex'd
    Ulrich Schnauss
  • rauper Staff 19 Jun 2008 14:28:12 3,351 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bestival + Beachdown. Score.
  • Uncle_Silver 19 Jun 2008 14:31:41 141 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glastonbury next week, then reading festival in august. Glasto lineup isn't great but I have never been so I thought I might as well go.
  • chopsen 10 Jul 2008 13:05:50 16,281 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bump-me-do

So, latitude. Who's going to be there?
  • Load_2.0 10 Jul 2008 13:38:08 19,652 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really a festival, but SW4 for me after a year off - If that sort of thing floats your boat.

/Awaits abuse.
  • smoothpete 10 Jul 2008 13:39:48 31,812 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just Notting Hill for me (not that its a festival), followed by the brilliant Soul Brew thames boat party afterwards
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 10 Jul 2008 13:53:37 7,020 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm off to Big Tent Festival: http://www.bigtentfestival.co.uk/

8 for a day ticket - FTMUW!!!
  • heyyo 10 Jul 2008 14:38:39 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Just Notting Hill for me (not that its a festival)

You sir, are a brave man.
  • Quint2020 10 Jul 2008 14:41:23 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm off to bestival this year, been to reading about 5 times and Download twice, this will be my first time at Bestival (and The Isle of Wight for that matter).

Not really my kind of music but it should be a good laugh, festivals always are.
  • figgis 10 Jul 2008 14:47:54 7,381 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quint2020 wrote:
    I'm off to bestival this year, been to reading about 5 times and Download twice, this will be my first time at Bestival (and The Isle of Wight for that matter).

Not really my kind of music but it should be a good laugh, festivals always are.

You'll really like it quint. Can do the bigger ones any more after doing the big chill for a few years. The music is secondary anyway, you'll probably see someone you really like. I'd recommend 'My Bloody Valentine' they are fucking loud.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last