Summer Festivals Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • Dougs 24 Jun 2012 09:01:15 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @freakybun yeah, Kashmir is always there! Great tent for local music, my wife's boss played a few times. Up against PJ though, so missed that!
  • freakybun 24 Jun 2012 19:06:44 601 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Feel sorry for those camping though, friends of ours heard the forecast and went home yesterday morning!
    Campervan is it Dougs?
  • Dougs 25 Jun 2012 09:19:12 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, I live here! One of the benefits - am home in bed less than an hour after the last act finishes!

Good day yesterday, although much of it was taken up with entertaining our 2 year old in the kids zone. Springsteen was exactly as I expected. Not really my thing, but entertaining. The E-Street band are something else.
  • roz123 26 Jun 2012 14:06:08 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Back from Isle of Wight, had a great time at the festival saw some great bands and got to see a bit of the Island as well. Highlight for me was Eddie Vedder doing Just Breathe, what a song. I've seen Pearl Jam twice before in recent years but this was easily the best performance of the lot. Only negative I would say about the festival is its a bit of a mish mash of genres but you could tell most people were there to see classic rock and pop, places like Kashmir and Hipshakers were busy whilst the dance tent was empty, in fact it was annoying as the bass shook that last chance saloon (which was pretty cool) and drowned out the garden stage.
    Apart from that (and foolishly watching the England match) it was great.
  • Ginger 3 Sep 2012 14:04:48 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bestival this weekend. Lineup looks great, weather looks great, we've splashed out on a yurt for camping (i know) and the site is looking wicked from the teasers they're posting on twitter.

Can't wait.

http://instagram.com/p/PHTGd6Rlb-/

Edited by Ginger at 14:06:01 03-09-2012

London open taekwondo champion

• Dougs 3 Sep 2012 14:35:41 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not going. :( Can't foist the boy off to my mum 2 weekends so close to each other. It's a great setting though, very jealous - especially the weather. Friend of ours is performing. Last year she had free tickets for us, but we weren't around. Not this year. Bah.
  • neilka 3 Sep 2012 16:29:49 15,664 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'M COMING BABY

• Ginger 3 Sep 2012 19:21:52 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @dougs, shame as the lineup seems awesome his year.

I'll be going as a monkey in a monkey suit and will be spending most of my time in the rizlab tent dancing to ninja tunes stuff!
    @neilla, I'll say hi if I see ya

• Dougs 3 Sep 2012 19:25:28 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One year we'll get to it! We're normally away, but what with the missus being pregnant, we decided to stay put. Too much for her this year. Closest I'll get is meeting another mate for a beer somewhere!
  • neilqpr 3 Sep 2012 20:11:13 2,832 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Much against my better judgement I'm off to Bestival on Thursday.

I won't be in fancy dress as I'm a miserable old cunt.
  • localnotail 3 Sep 2012 21:13:09 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd love to go to Bestival, it's one of the few bigger UK festivals I've never done. Some of the fancy dress I've seen my mates do for it has been brilliant though.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Ginger 6 Sep 2012 12:37:05 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @localnotail it's been awesome everytime I've done it, although everyone seems to be half my age now!

Also woooooooooo! It's here :)

• Ginger 10 Sep 2012 13:57:04 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, that was awesome. Saw loads of acts, fancy dress day was wicked and my mate dressed as dangermouse got a ton of attention.

grimey dubstep was the default setting on most of the stages but the highlight was definitely orbitals set last night which was absolutely epic.

• Dougs 10 Sep 2012 14:46:34 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Glad you had a good time, what a weekend for it too! Be lots of sun-burnt but happy, errm, campers.
  • neilqpr 11 Sep 2012 12:03:30 2,832 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Highlights for me were:

Coldcut
    Beak>
    King Khan
    John Foxx
    The Horrors
    Beardyman (terrible Depech Mode cover aside)
    DOOM (which was better than the JJ DOOM performance, but neither were amazing)
    Death in Vegas
    Gold Panda

Dissapoontments:

New Order
    Spiritulaized only playing for half an hour
    My body and it's inability to cope with a four day festival
    The bunch of cunting kids doing that fucking balloon bullshit next to us the entire weekend in the campsite

Edited by neilqpr at 12:04:20 11-09-2012
  • Ginger 11 Sep 2012 12:11:38 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    My body and it's inability to cope with a four day festival
    Amen to that.

Caught the start of Coldcut and end of beardyman, was disappointed that what I saw of Beardyman wasn't beatboxing, but more traditional djing / sampling etc. Was all the beatboxing at the start?

Saw Roots Manuva twice, sigur ros were great but the basslines from the big top ruined the effect a little. General Levy was great, as were scratch Perverts.

Stevie Wonder was meh, Rizzle Kicks surprisingly good, Bat for Lashes were good as well. Saw Adam Ant doing stand and deliver (from a distance) and a bit of New Order, but couldn't be arsed with them really.

Florence just got on my wick so I wandered off after 30 minutes of that as well.

• neilqpr 11 Sep 2012 14:36:14 2,832 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was my first time seeing Beardymn, he was doing some beatbox stuff earlier, but also doing other covers (Poison by The Prodigy I seem to recall). Managed to miss Roots Manuva both times due to him playing fucking miles away from where I was at different times.

We went to watch Scratch Perverts but it was like a fucking sauna in that Bollywood tent, seriously manky. Lasted about five minutes.
  • GuiltySpark 11 Sep 2012 14:45:07 6,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bat for Lashes do much new stuff? How'd it sound?

Get bent.

• neilqpr 11 Sep 2012 14:49:02 2,832 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought she was incredibly dull, but I'm not a fan so I'm probably not the best person to ask.
  • Ginger 11 Sep 2012 15:07:08 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Bat for Lashes do much new stuff? How'd it sound?
    Sounded good but I've no idea what was new and old - first time I'd ever heard them.

As for Bollywood, yeah sweatpit central. If you saw a guy in a tux and monkey mask up front dancing that was me. Had to come out after 40 minutes before I passed out

• Tomo 11 Sep 2012 15:24:24 13,879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went too.

Bat for Lashes was great. New stuff sounded slightly more electronic to me which was pleasing.

I saw...

Florence
    The xx
    Stevie Wonder
    New Order
    Death in Vegas
    Alt J
    Stealing Sheep
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Sigur Ros
    Major Lazer
    Bonobo

Think about it... xx and Stevie were the best for me. Alt J were also awesomesauce. And Major Lazer was just disgusting - can really get a crowd going.
  • neilqpr 11 Sep 2012 15:27:26 2,832 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ginger wrote:As for Bollywood, yeah sweatpit central. If you saw a guy in a tux and monkey mask up front dancing that was me. Had to come out after 40 minutes before I passed out
    I'm afraid all I saw in Bollywood was a bloke in a mankini. After that I gouged my eyes out.
  • GuiltySpark 11 Sep 2012 15:38:05 6,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone see Warpaint? Absolutely love them. Really pissed I couldn't go.

Get bent.

• Ginger 11 Sep 2012 16:05:36 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    Ginger wrote:As for Bollywood, yeah sweatpit central. If you saw a guy in a tux and monkey mask up front dancing that was me. Had to come out after 40 minutes before I passed out
    I'm afraid all I saw in Bollywood was a bloke in a mankini. After that I gouged my eyes out.
    yeah, I saw him too, although the sight of him was massively counterbalanced by all those hotpants that were out in force all weekend.

Edited by Ginger at 16:07:26 11-09-2012

• Tomo 11 Sep 2012 17:46:02 13,879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Anyone see Warpaint? Absolutely love them. Really pissed I couldn't go.
    Oh yeah, I saw Warpaint. They were good. Had a few new songs in there too with some big bass lines. They're also hawwwwt.
  • Dougs 26 Nov 2012 08:49:25 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    \o/

Stone Roses announced as first headliners for next year's IW Festival. Yet again the one act its essential that I see. Don't care if they're average or not, can't not see them on my doorstep.
  • Dougs 14 Jun 2013 08:49:42 66,705 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roses. Today. Hurrah! Will be an odd festival this year, for the first time, I'm going on my own. Wife can't come because of child care, and we have a christening tomorrow, so I'm going today and she's going on Sunday for Bon Jovi. None of my mates are going, so I am taking my chair, my Kindle and will chill out until Weller. Can't wait (those with kids will know exactly what I mean...).
  • Carlo 14 Jun 2013 14:58:47 17,948 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got tickets to The Stones concert in Hyde Park for the 2013 British Summer Time festival.

Palma Violets are going to be there too! 3 weeks away now!

PSN ID: Djini

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next