Summer Festivals Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• LFMartins 4 Jul 2011 14:49:59 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Getting my things ready to go to a couple of summer festivals in Lisbon.
    Im going to Optimus Alive on the 7th to see Foo Fighters, Iggy and The Stooges, Jimmy Eat World, Primal Scream and Bombay Bicycle Club but Super Bock Super Rock will be the highlight of my summer.
    Arcade Fire, The Strokes, The Walkmen, Arctic Monkeys, Portishead, Elbow, The Vaccines, James Murphy...
    Its going to be fucking amazing, I havent been to a summer festival since I moved back to the Azores so Im excited to see some great concerts once again.
  • johnlenham 4 Jul 2011 14:58:25 4,000 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had Glastonbury
    Also think we are going togo to SW4 in clapham, atleast for the sunday.
  • johnlenham 27 Jul 2011 10:07:50 4,000 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else going to Global Gathering? Just today of boring work then thur/fri/sat/sun/mon/tue of work! bliss!
  • chopsen 27 Jul 2011 10:14:04 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What are you, some kind of festival junkie?
  • chopsen 27 Jul 2011 10:14:12 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • warlockuk 27 Jul 2011 10:25:47 19,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would be, if I had the money. :) Wacken next week, which I'm boycotting on the grounds it's just too crowded. Bloodstock the week after, which I'll be going to \o/

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• TakeTheVeil 27 Jul 2011 10:55:20 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking forward to Electric Picnic this year.. Pulp, Chemical Brothers, Interpol, Beirut, DJ Shadow, M. Ward, Adebisi Shank, PJ Harvey, Mogwai...and my mates band CODES, so should be a good few days.

Hoping one or two more acts are added though..
  • johnlenham 27 Jul 2011 11:16:33 4,000 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:

aha Nah! Last year I only did Glastonbury (first festival ever).
    This year I have "converted" a few people to dance music so now I have loads more options!
    Global was only 100 and SW4 is two days but we will probably only go for Sunday and thats 40. Not much really! Compared to say a week in spain for 300.
  • Kosmoz 27 Jul 2011 11:23:42 7,709 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The best summer festival by miles is Tramlines in Sheffield. It's in the middle of the city, there are some amazing bands playing every year. Oh, and it's free.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• chopsen 27 Jul 2011 11:27:35 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    johnlenham wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

This year I have "converted" a few people to dance music so now I have loads more options!
    Global was only 100 and SW4 is two days but we will probably only go for Sunday and thats 40. Not much really! Compared to say a week in spain for 300.

I have a terrible habit of haemorrhaging money at festivals. I don't really know how I manage it. I think it's the cost of beer that does it. Will be going to Big Chill on a recommendation of a friend in a few weeks and I've not been to that one before.
  • warlockuk 27 Jul 2011 11:32:07 19,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...but it's in Sheffield...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Kosmoz 27 Jul 2011 11:33:15 7,709 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    From the small amount of it I saw on Saturday, there is nothing wrong with Sheffield. Lots of friendly people to show us around to including a group of awsome metal heads.

• johnlenham 27 Jul 2011 11:51:08 4,000 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    johnlenham wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

I have a terrible habit of haemorrhaging money at festivals. I don't really know how I manage it. I think it's the cost of beer that does it. Will be going to Big Chill on a recommendation of a friend in a few weeks and I've not been to that one before.

Yeah the drink prices are abit of a killer, we take spirits like rum and just buy mixers there most of the time. The odd cider now and then wont break the bank but I couldnt afford to just buy it there. Ive budgeted 100 for Global but even then that 50 a day which seems like alot to me.

I kept seeing Djs on twitter going on about Tramlines, had never heard of it before.
    Might have to look into it for next year (amongst talk of going to Exit in serbia and some on on an island in croatia next year)
    /off to rob some banks
  • warlockuk 27 Jul 2011 11:53:14 19,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    From the small amount of it I saw on Saturday, there is nothing wrong with Sheffield. Lots of friendly people to show us around to including a group of awsome metal heads.
    Probably the same bastards who never turn up to support local gigs. /grumble.

Though from what I gather scene support has improved recently; I'll believe it when I see it though, we're probably long overdue a return to play in Sheffield.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Kosmoz 27 Jul 2011 11:55:27 7,709 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Probably the same bastards who never turn up to support local gigs. /grumble.

Though from what I gather scene support has improved recently; I'll believe it when I see it though, we're probably long overdue a return to play in Sheffield.
    A few of the metal heads were from Sheff, and they took us to see one of their step-brother's band, dunno if they were a metal band though, I really needed to pee.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 25 Aug 2011 15:45:00 4,629 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Off to Festibelly on Saturday. \o/

Anyone else going?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• BillMurray 10 Jan 2012 10:52:58 7,790 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bumpety bump?

Anyone ever heard of this before? Jazz Marathon, Brussels

I stopped going to festivals in the UK years ago(Leeds '01 was the last one I went to) as festivals in Europe always seems to work out a lot cheaper and a lot more fun.

This one seems to be a bit of a bargain at under 200 for 3 nights including hotel and eurostar and i've never really been to Brussels for more than a quick visit when I was younger and who could go wrong with a nice city to drink beer in and listen to/watch some jazz?
  • Ginger 25 Mar 2012 12:15:59 6,870 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just ordered my Bestival tickets after hearing Stevie wonder will be there. wss going anyway to see orbital and roots manuva but thought it better to grab tickets sooner rather than later once the big headliner was announced :)

London open taekwondo champion

• localnotail 9 May 2012 23:56:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If I could, I would go to Beacons Festival in Yorkshire this August, purely to see Toots & the Maytals again.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Architect_z 29 May 2012 11:02:29 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DOWNLOAD!!!!
  • Syrette 29 May 2012 11:15:30 43,753 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwlooooaaaaaddddd

• Architect_z 29 May 2012 11:25:29 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MOTHERFUCKINDOWNLOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!
  • chopsen 29 May 2012 12:14:40 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not yet it isn't. Calm down, love.
  • Benno 29 May 2012 12:37:31 10,019 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tramlines is indeed awesome
  • Dougs 21 Jun 2012 15:41:30 68,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isle of Wight Festival this w/e, can't wait for Pearl Jam in particular. Weather is already playing havoc, the car park is fucked and there are queues all the way back to one of the ferry ports. Meaning they can't sail and discharge cars until it all clears. Nightmare. Sure they will have all forgotten it by this evening!
  • chopsen 21 Jun 2012 15:44:34 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I saw Soundgarden at Download. Can someone explain to me why these droning bores are so highly regarded? Most boringest live set I've seen in ages.
  • Dougs 21 Jun 2012 15:46:48 68,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You weren't there man! You don't know what it was like!
  • roz123 21 Jun 2012 15:48:18 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am going, not leaving till tomorrow though as we only just got the tickets after some friends pulled out at the last minute. Need to get some Wellies I guess
  • Dougs 21 Jun 2012 15:50:19 68,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh yes! Apparently the camp site isn't to bad, but 60k people traipsing through will have an impact. Mostly showers forecast though, so shouldn't be too bad - unlike the Sunday last year!
  • chopsen 21 Jun 2012 15:52:09 16,125 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are two types of festival goers: those that take wellies, and those that buy them at the festival.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last