Summer Festivals

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Cloudane 17 Mar 2008 11:49:10 1,974 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good day to you all.

I have finally received my bloody V Festival ticket from my mate after holding onto them for too long and am pondering to go to Glasto again this year too.

Is anybody on this very place going to any festivals this spring/summer?

Although buggering thousands of people go, I am an easy person to spot as I wear the best t-shirts at the festivals full stop thanks to Threadless so it would be cool to say hello then have an awkward conservation along the lines of ‘Halol’ in real life.

I might go back to Latitude near Southwold (which is a lovely place) providing Arcade Fire turns up again.

Oh for fucks sake; I'm in New York as of tomorrow for one week and the tickets for Latitude is going on sale on the 19th March.

Thanks a bunch you utter fucktards.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Mar 2008 12:08:19 16,249 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll be off to the Summer Sundae I believe, I'm pretty sure tickets are already booked and I might make a trip down to Loveboxx in Hackney if I can be arsed or have the money.

The last couple of years I went to The Green Man but due to the truly horrible conditions last year I'm not sure I can be bothered, the music was a bit average as well, with Stephen Malkmus being one of the highlights but otherwise I spent a lot of time in the film and book tents, which was actually a revelation as there's some pretty interesting stuff going on in there that I never usually see at festivals. But still, paying all that money for that stuff seems a bit excessive.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Inquisitor Moderator 17 Mar 2008 12:10:38 14,545 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe maybe maybe.

One drunken night a week ago we all promised our housemate we'd go to V I belive it was...I'm not sure if he still remembers or still cares, we'll see I guess.

/looks worried
  • PiD 17 Mar 2008 12:11:01 3,566 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im really tempted by Rebellion this year but I think im going to be away on holiday :(
  • warlockuk 17 Mar 2008 12:17:08 19,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wacken

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• manuel_garcia 17 Mar 2008 12:18:23 4,079 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll be heading to Download again this year. It's always a good laugh, and one of the best sites to spend a weekend on. Not sure about any others yet.

I used to be a glasto regular until they started messing around with the pre-registration and all that toss. I can't be arsed with it now. Shame, as I loved it.

I've done V before, and hated it. Seemed like the entire crowd was made up of chavs and FHM/Loaded readers. Reading Festival annoys the shit out of me for similar reasons, except replace the chavs with annoyingly violent 15 year-old wankers and emo kids.
  • _Price_ 17 Mar 2008 12:23:46 3,071 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm off to V this year, principally for Muse but there are a few others worth watching.

I usually cover first aid at Download, which is amazing fun. Don't think we've got the contract this year though, but there's still a few months for people to see the error of their ways so you never know.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Mar 2008 12:35:29 16,249 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    manuel_garcia wrote:
    Reading Festival annoys the shit out of me for similar reasons, except replace the chavs with annoyingly violent 15 year-old wankers and emo kids.

Yep, that was my experience of Reading Festival too, all that setting fire to tents bullshit and just the swathes of emos running around. Not forgetting the wonderful stupidity of people who break the toilets, that's quite the stupidest things. Though actually the toilets really amounted to a hole in a metal frame, God that was grim.

They should rename it, "my first drug experience smelling ten thousand people's shit Festival".

edit: Though I did enjoy all the shouting of bollocks, that was amusing.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Ginger 17 Mar 2008 12:41:02 6,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Off to Bestival again this year. Some of the bands look a bit meh, but it's all about the DJs so looking good so far. Some other DNB has been announced on the forum but no made it to the homepage, so looking like a good one this year :)

London open taekwondo champion

• Huntcjna 17 Mar 2008 12:50:03 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im all over Leeds Festival this year, should be a good one again. Line up announcement and tickets go on sale 31st March. Apparently were looking at some eclectic combination of Manic Street Preachers, The Killers, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica and maybe Weezer but thats all speculation.

Im also hitting Summercase in Barcleona this year which is taking shape nicely. Sex Pistols, Kings of Leon, Interpol for starters. Last years was probably the best festival I have ever been to it had Air, DJ shadow, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party and many more bands of general awesomeness.

Last but not least I will probably hit the 2000 Trees festival aswell. £33 for the weekend, dead cheap beer and an all English Line up.
  • Deleted user 17 March 2008 12:52:38
    Determined to make Glasto this year - I've never been and came incredibly close last year (had a ticket that I had to forego because of commitments at work, wouldn't have been so bad except you can't even bloody sell them on these days), but this year...I've got a good feeling!
  • PES_Fanboy 17 Mar 2008 12:54:54 11,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    V is fucking bollocks, it's my local festival but is the one that is least embarrassed to cockjob the corporate shit. And the lineup this year is total shite (IMO).

If I go to any, I think it'll be the Big Chill. Always have a great time there.
  • redlander 17 Mar 2008 12:59:59 1,039 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm off to Glastonbury (tickets permitting) and then the week after to Beathurder.

Going out of my tiny egg shell mind for two weeks!
  • Dougs 17 Mar 2008 13:01:34 64,903 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Off to Bestival again this year. Some of the bands look a bit meh, but it's all about the DJs so looking good so far. Some other DNB has been announced on the forum but no made it to the homepage, so looking like a good one this year :)
    One of these years I will take advantage that Bestival and the Festival are on my doorstep. Something always gets in the way though.
  • Ginger 17 Mar 2008 13:05:59 6,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Ginger wrote:
    One of these years I will take advantage that Bestival and the Festival are on my doorstep. Something always gets in the way though.
    Make the effort for Bestival, it'll be worth it :) I think if you get in early enough you can get an islander discount - lemme dig around and see if they're still on.

Edit. try the local tourist info places - seems to be the general consensus

• El_MUERkO 17 Mar 2008 13:08:38 16,836 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    friends are planning to go to sziget, i'm a definite maybr, money and time depending
  • PES_Fanboy 17 Mar 2008 13:08:55 11,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bestival.....Chas and Dave?

Although, the Freestylers are playing....and Red Snapper....tempting.

I've been to an Aphex Twin gig before, I love the bloke but you have to be seriously wankered to totally appreciate it (see also Richie Hawtin).

I love my minimal techno, but I also love the volume knob. I think at the AT concert he actually played a disc of sandpaper.
  • Dougs 17 Mar 2008 13:11:14 64,903 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Make the effort for Bestival, it'll be worth it :) I think if you get in early enough you can get an islander discount - lemme dig around and see if they're still on.

Edit. try the local tourist info places - seems to be the general consensus

Cool, cheers. Got some friends going and have offered them a place to crash if they don't want to camp up at Robin Hill.
  • El_MUERkO 17 Mar 2008 13:13:03 16,836 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:

Although, the Freestylers are playing....and Red Snapper....tempting.

I've been to an Aphex Twin gig before, I love the bloke but you have to be seriously wankered to totally appreciate it (see also Richie Hawtin).

I love my minimal techno, but I also love the volume knob. I think at the AT concert he actually played a disc of sandpaper.

pick yourself up some carl craig, i saw a review of his newest, had flashbacks to The Kitchen circa '99 and picked it up, very nice
  • Ginger 17 Mar 2008 13:15:05 6,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    There's enough going on that you can ignore the student stuff :)

Plenty of other stuff to be announced, but it's been a great atmosphere for the last two, so I'm expecting more of the same this year

• PazJohnMitch 17 Mar 2008 13:45:40 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I went to a music festival on the continent last year. Everything was better there than any music festival I have been to in the UK. I do not think I will ever go a British festival again.

I can also understand why the mainland Europeans think that we Brits are uncivilised. The only idiot at the festival was a British guy pretending to be German. Yet Reading and to a lesser extent Download are full of fuckwits.
  • Huntcjna 17 Mar 2008 13:57:08 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im just going to big up the Summercase Festival in Barcelona again.

Last Year: DJ Shadow, Air, The Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Bloc Party, The Chemical Brothers, Kaiser Chiefs, Editors, PJ Harvey, Phoenix

This Year So Far: The Verve, Kings of Leon, Maximo Park, The Stranglers, Sex Pistols, Foals, CSS, Interpol

It worked out about £250 for flights, ticket and four nights in an apartment in Barcelona. Best festival ever and the beer was cheaper than a bottle of water! \o/
  • Cloudane 17 Mar 2008 14:00:26 1,974 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Im just going to big up the Summercase Festival in Barcelona again.

This Year So Far: The Verve, Kings of Leon, Maximo Park, The Stranglers, Sex Pistols, Foals, CSS, Interpol

If Arcade Fire were there, I would probably have a good long hard think about giving up all the other summer festivals (in the UK) and bugger off to where you are going.

At least you are guaranteed sunshine, lovely ladies and cheap drinks!
  • Huntcjna 17 Mar 2008 14:12:53 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I saw Arcade Fire 3 times last year and each time they got better and better.

Its held at a boat dock aswell which has a massive greek amphitheatre overlooking the sea with a massive grass verge to sit on. Thus creating a beautiful sea breeze to counteract the heat also it starts at 6pm in the evening and finishes at 6am the following morning!

Night festivals FTW!

Check out the awesome second stage, behind that is nothing but seas :)
  • figgis 19 Mar 2008 15:06:54 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That Bestival Line up is bang on this year. My Bloody Valentine and Funkadelic are legendary, DJ Derek is the best DJ I have ever seen.

Anyone been before? I prefer the smaller Big Chill type festivals to V or the shitfest Glastonbury is now.
  • Ginger 19 Mar 2008 15:10:07 6,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    Anyone been before? I prefer the smaller Big Chill type festivals to V or the shitfest Glastonbury is now.
    This is my third - the limit is for about 20k people and the vibe is really good. They also have massive fancy dress each year on the saturday afternoon - last year was pirates, but loads of people just go as what they want.

Also, it's in a country park on the Isle of Wight, what more could you want :)

• Huntcjna 31 Mar 2008 15:16:58 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Leeds/Reading line up is slowly leaking today, tickets are on sale tonight:

Headliners are Metallica, Rage Against The Machine and The Killers. Also playing are Slipknot, Manic Street Preachers, Bloc Party, Racentours, Tenacious D, Editors, Feeder, The Cribs, We Are Scientists, Dirty Pretty Things, Biffy Clyro, Foals, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly.

More coming, any takers then?
  • JuanKerr 31 Mar 2008 15:20:03 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stumbled upon this over the weekend.

Worth going for Sigur Ros alone. It's a beautiful part of the country as well.

• daithi90 31 Mar 2008 15:33:38 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:

Seems very like Electric Picnic that we have over here.
  • JuanKerr 31 Mar 2008 15:34:21 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    daithi90 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

Seems very like Electric Picnic that we have over here.

Really? Is Electric Picnic any good?
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous