Cancer Page 32

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• LockeTribal 20 Mar 2013 11:01:35 4,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hang in their prog. Hoping for good news for you both.

/manhugs
  • Progguitarist 20 Mar 2013 11:31:20 10,316 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ;_;

Thanks guys.
  • THFourteen 20 Mar 2013 11:44:20 31,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    got my fingers crossed for your family
  • Progguitarist 20 Mar 2013 11:47:34 10,316 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Turns out the results aren't in. Wasted trip. They still look into her nose every visit.

Pet scan tomorrow in Dublin.
  • Tryhard 22 Mar 2013 10:52:05 3,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So after my Dad had his cancer removed from his bladder,we were hoping for some weeks to recover and get his mind straight again.But he has to go in for another op as they have told him his kidneys are not working properly.

I do not think there is going to be any happy ending to this story.
  • THFourteen 22 Mar 2013 10:55:29 31,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shit mate, thats not good news.

But do your best to remain positive for your Dad, he needs you.
  • Tryhard 22 Mar 2013 13:17:52 3,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep,thanks.

A Royal Marine Commando,from Saturday boy to District manager of 10 Safeway stores,and in retirement he faces his biggest challenge.

To all who are going through this and may read this.Never think you are alone.
  • Dougs 22 Mar 2013 13:25:47 64,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All the best mate, as TH says, be strong and stay positive.
  • Progguitarist 27 Mar 2013 16:17:28 10,316 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PET scan came back today, it confirms that the primary tumour is in the back of her nose. We met the oncologist after the scan results were divulged. It made things seem a bit scarier, although he did re-iterate that they are expecting to cure. The professor told us the same thing, that he fully expects a cure. He said it is "exquisitely sensitive" to radiotherapy.

There's is no evidence of any other disease anywhere else in her body. They will be zapping some neck nodes too. Treatment begins in 3 weeks and will last 7 weeks.

Didn't sleep much last night, little one has a cough and kept me up. I'm a bit emotional. The cold medical language is frightening. Feels like a nightmare I can't wake up from sometimes.
  • DaM 27 Mar 2013 16:19:50 12,611 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good news then, no spread. They all seem very positive.
  • Tryhard 9 May 2013 12:16:13 3,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So my Dad had the nodes removed,but the one on his bladder wall would mean that whole area would have to be removed.So he has decided not to have it done and let nature take its course.

He sounds really at peace and trying to have a normal life for as long as possible.He has a very good consultant who will advise him through what is to come.
  • malloc 9 Aug 2013 21:02:30 2,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My mother-in-law has had it come back :( After everything she went through the first time around. At least they appear to have caught it quite early this time. Ugh.
  • Psychotext 9 Aug 2013 21:06:21 52,802 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Must be particularly horrible to "beat" it and then have it come back.
  • Rusty_M 9 Aug 2013 21:30:37 4,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jeez sorry to hear that. I hope this time is not so bad and that she manages to completely FCUTA

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• malloc 22 Aug 2013 19:27:20 2,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sadly things are not looking promising. It's been incredibly aggressive and the same treatment won't work this time. So either she's going to go through stronger chemo, which the doctors stressed only has a slim chance of working or be dead in a few months. Lovely. My wife as you may imagine didn't have a great time with her Mum at the doctors yesterday. Madly scrambling to look for alternatives. Thanks for best wishes.
  • Psychotext 22 Aug 2013 20:53:34 52,802 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't think I said, but around a year after my mother died of it we've now found out at my auntie has stage 4 lung cancer. It's a bit surreal, so much so that I think we've all just basically accepted it and aren't really feeling much at all.

Sorry to hear that malloc. Your wife must be in bits. =/
  • jonsaan 22 Aug 2013 21:01:18 25,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I came back from stage 4. Fight it.

FCUTA!

• Youthist 22 Aug 2013 21:06:34 9,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not sure exactly what 'fight it' is supposed to actually mean. But I hope for the best for anyone that has to deal with this disease and its huge impacts, and I hope and pray the most effective treatments are given in each case for best chance of survival.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Dougs 22 Aug 2013 21:15:10 64,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's the spirit, FCUTA!

Edit: best of luck to all, that sounded rather flippant.

Edited by Dougs at 21:16:07 22-08-2013
  • jonsaan 22 Aug 2013 21:20:56 25,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fight it means have the chemo. If it's a slim chance then it's a chance worth taking. I wish you all the luck in the world. It's so hard for the people around cancer, but just being there for someone is just huge.

FCUTA!

• Psychotext 22 Aug 2013 22:23:24 52,802 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest I think she already gave up, she's in her 70s and it's spread around her body. Was talking about going to Switzerland.
  • Bremenacht 23 Aug 2013 01:05:41 15,764 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    At that age, the chemo might kill her before the cancer does. Fucking cancer.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• malloc 23 Aug 2013 10:03:48 2,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for the comments. It's really awful. Three weeks ago she had a slight growth on her chest which grew quite quickly, then a pain on the side of her chest and then back, alarmingly fast. First time around she was at stage 4 and came back from it, no cancer cells at all, even got an extra dose of chemo to be sure, but still came back.

For alternatives have tried salvestrol which seems to have helped. Not holding breaths for any miracles but the alarmingly fast spread at least seems to have slowed.
  • kngbn79 23 Aug 2013 10:40:38 19 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    just found this thread whilst browsing and thought i would share my own experience.

well here goes nothing: its 11 long years ago now but i can still remember the morning my stepfather passed away, from what i remember it was lung and liver cancer that took his life. none of us ever saw it coming, he was a healthy happy man who did a fantastic job being the best father he could possibly be to both me and my sister who worshipped him and does to this day,it makes me sad that he isnt around anymore to see what she has become and how shes developed as a person.

anyway he had a cough for 3 weeks and went to the doctors, i must have had some kind of premonition or connection as i said to myself, not knowing at the time what i said would prove to be scarily accurate. rang my mum when i left work to find out what they had said and she wouldnt tell me so i instantly knew that something wasnt wrong as my mums never been the kind of person to hide anything from us. when they told me i was shocked and scared like anyone else would have been but after that none of us had time to be scared, it spread too quickly and only 2 months after he was gone but never forgotten. it was 1 of the hardest parts of all our lifes and quite honestly as i type this i am lost for words and as my closest friends will attest, that is a very rare occurence
  • Progguitarist 21 Jan 2014 12:41:59 10,316 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My wife got the official all clear today.

My best advice to anyone with a partner/friend/whatever going through this is to try absolutely everything. Every alternative as well as the medical methods of course. Min has been juicing everyday for the last 3 months. She's recovered INCREDIBLY quickly for Chemo/Radiation and feel better than she ever has. Change your diet, cut out sugar and processed foods. Whether there's anything to it or not, leave no stone unturned.
  • malloc 21 Jan 2014 12:45:39 2,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great news. Agree about considering alternatives. My mother in law has been doing similar. She's only had two doses of chemo and the tumours are a fraction of the size. Also she has no symptoms, which were worsening pain and night sweats. Still got cancer but the alternatives have helped tremendously.
  • Progguitarist 21 Jan 2014 12:55:14 10,316 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's awesome.

Basically, do everything. Discount nothing. There more I researched, the more I read the more it seemed that a lot of cancers were an immune system issue. So alongside the medical treatments I devised a plan to get thos maximum amount of nutrition/immune boosting supplements into her as I could. We did tons of stuff and there's lots of great things out there for people to read up on. Whether your sceptical or not, it won't hurt to try.
  • Rusty_M 21 Jan 2014 12:57:18 4,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great news guys. I always open this thread fewaring what I'll read, but that's great.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• tincanrocket 21 Jan 2014 12:57:57 2,832 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fantastic news, prog. Chuffed to bits to hear that, and to see this thread bumped with positive news.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last