Cancer Page 7

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• billythekid 19 Jun 2011 23:24:16 11,397 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're inspirational Foo, I'd like to write more but I don't have the words mate.
  • FooAtari 20 Jun 2011 22:35:46 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Best of luck Foo! It sounds like it's your turn for some good luck.

One thing that Jonsaan failed miserably to do when FCUTA, was posting pics of hot nurses - we know that every ward has at least one (it's an NHS quota). We'll be expecting the light hearted and humorous posts to be interspersed with pics!

Hot or not there is no chance that's happening I'm afraid. Could get me in some trouble if the wrong person saw it!
    But don't fear, there are some hot pictures of me on my latest post.

Gruff wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Punch it in the cunt!

I too hope you punch it in the cunt Foo.

Khanivor wrote:
    Fook it up the ass.

I'm trying, believe me. It's a tough bastard, but I'm a tougher bastard.

billythekid wrote:
    You're inspirational Foo, I'd like to write more but I don't have the words mate.

Wow, thanks man. Means a lot.
  • THFourteen 20 Jun 2011 22:42:39 34,468 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good luck mate.

Seems like you've really been through the wars reading your blog.
  • FooAtari 31 Aug 2011 00:05:49 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FooAtari wrote:
    Fuck cancer up the ass.

I mentioned in some thread before that I have Lymphoma. I got 8 treatments of chemo with a scan to check progress half way through. That scan was pretty positive and showed the treatment was fairly effective and some of the Lymphoma had gone.

So with the 8 cycles of treatment complete I had a scan to asses how well it had worked, and got the results of that yesterday.

I had previously been told that based on the progress after the first four treatments they did not expect to have to do more chemo and good progress should have been made.

I never go in to get results expecting great news, always prepare myself for some crap news. I figured worst case the lymphoma would have reduced further but not gone and at worse I might need some radiotherapy to finish it off.

I did not expect to get told it has become worse. I could have hit someone at that point. They think that the lymphoma has become resistant to the chemo drugs I was being given at some point after the fourth treatment and subsequently this has allowed the Lymphoma to grow, expand, get worse, or whatever the correct term is.

So I am now going to have to receive more aggressive and intensive chemo. It's only for three treatments, but each treatment requires me to be in hospital for 1 month with hopefully a week off before next treatment. So I'm looking at spending the better part of 15 weeks in hospital.

My health history is pretty dire and this isn't the first really serious illness I have faced (it's the 3rd) and I have spent way to much time in hospital, but never this much in one go. 15 fucking weeks!

Worse the words "survivability rate" have started getting thrown about :(

Colour me thoroughly fucked off.

Well I'm still fighting off the Lymphoma and half way through treatment the lyphoma has reduced quite a bit. But that happened last time too. Hope it continues the same way as this treatment simply HAS to work or I'm out of options.

However, you will never guess what the doctors discovered, a fucking tumour in my kidney. WHAT THE FUCK?
    Really, it's got to a point now where it's hard to just put all my health problems down to plain bad luck. I must be defective.

Anyway, long and short of it is, it is not related to the lyphoma so current chemo will have no effect. They think they can remove the tumour, and have a few options on how best to do so. But I can't undergo any surgery while on chemo as wounds will leave me wide open to serious infection. So just go to wait until I'm well enough and will re-asses again. I would have thought that means at least 8 weeks or so.

Bastard
  • Khanivor 31 Aug 2011 00:11:41 41,261 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dude, your lucks sucks :(

Here's hoping it changes :)
  • Scurrminator 31 Aug 2011 00:54:10 8,465 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well last Thursday my mum told me she has breat cancer and that she was going in for an op to remove it and have reconstruction done straight after. Shes in recovery now.
    I'm still gobsmacked to be honest and not sure what to think. She found out five weeks ago but didn't tell anyone but her partner. I just hope they got it all. Though the surgeon said they would only do reconstruction if they did so that's good I guess...

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Psychotext 31 Aug 2011 01:22:02 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heart goes out to all of you. Fuck cancer. :(
  • pinebear 31 Aug 2011 08:17:28 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for keeping your site updated and filling us in on here as well, Foo.

Cancers and illness shall know you as FuAtari.

• Ged42 31 Aug 2011 08:38:11 7,804 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FFS Fuck cancer, fuck'em all
  • Ziz0u 31 Aug 2011 09:01:43 8,648 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FUCK YOU CANCER! YOU CUNT!
  • boo 31 Aug 2011 09:21:11 11,935 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds like tentative good news for your Mum, Scurrminator - hope that all ends up ok.

Foo - best of luck mate. The EG hive mind is telepathically kicking the crap out of that tumour.
    Stay strong!

Just Another Lego Blog

• FooAtari 31 Aug 2011 13:47:05 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks folks

Scurrminator wrote:
    Well last Thursday my mum told me she has breat cancer and that she was going in for an op to remove it and have reconstruction done straight after. Shes in recovery now.
    I'm still gobsmacked to be honest and not sure what to think. She found out five weeks ago but didn't tell anyone but her partner. I just hope they got it all. Though the surgeon said they would only do reconstruction if they did so that's good I guess...

Sorry to hear that Scrrminator. Things sound pretty positive for you Mum though, hope it works out OK.

ZizouFC wrote:
    FUCK YOU CANCER! YOU CUNT!

This made me smile. Sums things up quite well.
  • Lexx87 31 Aug 2011 13:49:02 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Foo that's so harsh what's going on, I mean seriously what the fuck?

Speak the truth hussy!

• psychokitten Moderator 31 Aug 2011 13:50:54 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unlucky doesn't begin to cover it :(

Seriously, cancer, fuck you! Kick it in the balls, Foo
  • Articulate-Troll 31 Aug 2011 13:56:19 3,101 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck Cancer, and every other ailment that seems to be magnetised to you Foo! Good luck.
  • Spanky 31 Aug 2011 14:00:22 14,610 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Punch it right up the arse, bypass any prostate pleasure, grab it's tongue and pull it right out of it's hole then smash the nugget that's left with a sledgehammer and piss the resulting splat down the drain, film it all and upload it to youtube and i can send it to my brother as an instructional video for dealing with his.

Plubs

• MetalDog 31 Aug 2011 14:04:22 23,920 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do we all know someone personally who has cancer at this point? =/

Screw you, cancer. With a powerdrill.

And good luck, everybody.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• spamdangled 31 Aug 2011 14:07:02 27,441 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck cancer up the arse.

Horrible, nasty, insidious fucking disease.

Hope your mum turns out ok scurm. And Foo, you're fucking brave and you're doing well so far. Don't lose hope!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• JonFE 31 Aug 2011 14:21:28 1,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hang in there FooAtari, keep up the fight! All the best to you and to Scurrminator' mom of course.

My heart sinks every time I see this thread bumped...
  • Dirtbox 31 Aug 2011 17:04:27 79,191 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good luck, Foo.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 31 August 2011 17:09:24
    I find your comments to be inspiring Foo, keep on fighting man.
  • King_Edward 31 Aug 2011 17:10:06 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good luck Foo. Remember, cancer's your bitch.
  • jablonski 31 Aug 2011 19:48:22 4,863 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck that tumour in it's rancid poo passage
  • PhoenixFlames 31 Aug 2011 20:23:21 9,229 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My thoughts go out to anyone who is suffering through cancer. It really is a c**t.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• jonsaan 31 Aug 2011 20:43:12 25,440 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Best of luck Foo. Sending positive thoughts your way. More chemo after chemo must be he'll on earth. I'm only just starting to feel normal 3 months after my last session. Xx

Edited by jonsaan at 20:43:32 31-08-2011

On the positive side I do have much more manly stubble now.

FCUTA!

• Bremenacht 31 Aug 2011 21:20:47 19,663 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FooAtari wrote:
    Really, it's got to a point now where it's hard to just put all my health problems down to plain bad luck. I must be defective.
    Absolutely not. It's a nasty cunt and and encourages other nasty, cuntish things to happen. Keep fighting the nasty cunt!
  • Bremenacht 31 Aug 2011 21:23:59 19,663 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    I just hope they got it all.
    I think breast cancer recovery is very good, so I'd hope you'll have lots of years of mum still to come.
  • prawnking1980 31 Aug 2011 21:38:41 5,193 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thoughts to everyone, lost a few people to it last year. Fuck it up the arse.
  • Page

of 36 First / Last