of 67 First / Last

• jonsaan 6 May 2017 08:45:35 26,745 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo My thoughts are with you and your family mate.x
  • JonFE 6 May 2017 09:48:39 1,754 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo I really don't know what to say, words seem hollow in the face of such tragic loss. :cry:
  • Jeepers 6 May 2017 10:04:45 16,370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo

Best to you and yours Crispy.
  • Jyzzy-Z 6 May 2017 11:37:13 2,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Best wishes crispy, that's a tough one. Hope you all get through it.
  • Rusty_M 6 May 2017 12:54:19 6,698 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Crispy. 15 is way too young.

Fuck.
  • ChocNut 6 May 2017 13:17:47 2,339 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hugs to those reading and writing here.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 17 May 2017 20:54:42 1,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well, sent her off today at St Peters Church. And it was a methodist funeral - which is quite something.

Her doctor started the service and mentioned that new treatments and procedures had been developed during the course of her treatment which is so nice to know.

She'd planned her own funeral, and used a COE Church as her mothodist Church isn't too her taste :D She even designed her own coffin - she truely is amazing and I'm comforted that her faith gave her hope.

Her journey is chronicled on a facebook page, may be of use to some of you? https://www.facebook.com/Amazing-Alice-1008219272599011/
  • Jono62 17 May 2017 21:02:17 18,332 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo Thanks for sharing.
  • mothercruncher 17 May 2017 21:06:04 14,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :(
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 17 May 2017 21:07:19 1,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    To be clear, I'm not religious at all.

I'm going to play Wario Ware tonight, she loved that :D
  • the_milkybar_kid 17 May 2017 21:08:50 6,072 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm sure she's extremely proud of you all carrying out her wishes mate, no matter how difficult I'm sure it was. Sleep soundly, Alice
  • Dougs 18 May 2017 06:41:34 83,725 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yep, she looked to be an amazing person. You should all be so proud.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2017 08:01:07 21,949 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo

I read the posts, very sad but very uplifting. I love the treat "box" great taste except jammie dodgers, 'orrible bloody things ;)

I also like the fact Alice organized the funeral.

I'm so happy that she had faith, as no matter what your beliefs are, if something can help someone else then, that is truly wonderful.

Much love and respect to you and yours mate.
    x
  • drhcnip 19 May 2017 17:54:57 5,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    that facebook page is an inspiring thing indeed...im as religious as a castrated newt but i know candles have been lit, prayers said and armies of nuns assembled for mrshcnip these last few months an, to our mind its all positive thought for another human being and, in the end, how can that be anything but good?

glad it went well, though, crispy...poor lass has peace at last...

in other news, wifey finally had her follow-up appointment today following the tumour removal - its been delayed on and off for a few weeks due to being 'complex' but think we've found out why now..
    they;ve confirmed the tumour was early stage 3, as the ct scan showed...it's not renal cell carcinoma though, which is by far the most common (about 75% or so of kidney cancers), it's a much rarer ( about 5% of kidney cancers) chromophobe cancer which, it turns out, is less aggressive than the other forms which is a bonus...it's grade 2...
    the marginal tissue taken with the kidney & growth has shown to be clear, so there's no localised spread, and 14 lymph nodes were taken, of which 1 proved to have cancerous cells - so the potential for secondary cancer is still there, but it's hopefully going to be minimal...
    current plan, then, is regular ct scans, clinic appts and blood tests but no other immediate action to be taken...basically, they told her she can go ahead and live a relatively normal life (or as normal as we can get..:) )

now thank fuck for that for the moment...where's the whisky?

Edited by drhcnip at 18:42:51 19-05-2017
  • Dougs 19 May 2017 18:34:24 83,725 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Good luck mate, we're all thinking of you all and know Mrs drhcnip will FCUTA.
  • drhcnip 19 May 2017 18:42:04 5,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cheers, mate

bugger, half that posts not showing....let me have a look...
  • drhcnip 19 May 2017 18:43:13 5,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    that's done it, it didnt like the 'less than' sign...
  • Jeepers 19 May 2017 19:16:45 16,370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @drhcnip

Good luck fella. As Dougs says, thoughts are with you and mrshcnip. Hope you've both found the whisky.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 19 May 2017 20:42:50 1,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good luck dude, sounds pretty positive.
  • JamboWayOh 29 May 2017 13:41:59 3,295 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hi, I registered on this forum a long time ago but never really been part of the community but I have noticed that I do find it easier talking to people I don't really know about serious issues, essentially I was diagnosed with testicular cancer last Wednesday. My family knows but I haven't told many friends about it, after finding out I've pretty much gone into a state of acceptance but at times it feels like I'm just pretending it isn't there like. To be honest I just feel numb, I should be angry with my GP surgery for making me see 4 different GPs as they kept pushing the STI/infection angle for two months, but again I just feel what's the point. Honestly 2017 has been the worst year of my life so far especially with this diagnosis and all I can feel is what's the point.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 13:42:30 29-05-2017
  • richarddavies 29 May 2017 13:56:45 6,016 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JamboWayOh

All I can say is I'm sorry your going through this and good luck. hopefully if they caught it relatively early and itsvstage 1 I think the recovery rate is over 99%.

There's alot of people on here that have been through it themselves or have family that have so it's a good place to vent.
  • UncleLou Moderator 29 May 2017 13:59:48 38,771 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @JamboWayOh Not sure what to say. All the best though. Tough times, eh? :-/

Keep us updated here if you feel like it.
  • JamboWayOh 29 May 2017 14:10:38 3,295 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers guys, I've got a CT scan this week, but I don't really know much else to be honest, the consultant seemed fairly confident as he could in his blank, seen it all before face. Silver lining and all if this shit summer continues and I have to go through chemo at least I can wear a hat without being stared at!
  • ZuluHero 29 May 2017 14:43:04 5,878 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it's any consolation it is one of the most treatable ones - obviously not much help while you're going through it and understandably a terrible time for you, if you feel like you want to vent please do. GPs can sometimes be a pain, but asymptomatic problems can be tricky to diagnose. I'm really glad you're finally getting somewhere.

It must be a really hard thing to talk about with people, so I understand you sounding out here, hope it helps just putting it into writing for you to come to terms with it and also to help you tell your nearest and dearest.

Really all the best though, I really hope the CT Scan goes well and please post more often - its at times like this that it can really help!
  • SamNunn92 29 May 2017 15:09:38 710 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis jambo :( I would say that in my experience (diagnosed 8 years ago) this period is the worst part; not having a solid plan is really difficult and once you get the scan out the way and know where you are hopefully you'll start to feel a bit more in control.

Best of luck with everything, and as others have said keep posting in the thread if you need to vent.
  • JamboWayOh 29 May 2017 15:52:45 3,295 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SamNunn92

You've hit the nail on the head there I think, it's the loss of control of my life to a degree, I only came back to England last year for a bit of a break from teaching in Asia, and now I'm just on hold till I can get back to running things again. I have just let a few more friends know today, felt weird really, I even told my recent ex as we parted as friends, that in itself has felt cathartic. I'm not sure if I need to vent but it's definitely great to talk to folks who have com through the other side. Question, did you have the replacement testicle implant? Would you recommend it?
  • Jeepers 29 May 2017 16:28:40 16,370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sorry to hear your news. Here's to a quick recovery!
  • SamNunn92 29 May 2017 17:05:33 710 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JamboWayOh life feeling on hold is exactly how it felt at the beginning for me. What really helped was actually starting treatment and getting a plan together; that way you can break it down, set goals and overall it just makes the whole process seem less like this huge impossible thing and more something you can get through one stage at a time (and plan fun life stuff around).

I actually don't have testicular cancer but a different type (which is much much more difficult to treat) and unfortunately relapsed a few years ago so am currently on chemo again (though things are going well and may be able to switch to radiotherapy soon) so can't really advise on the replacement implant with any insight. I would say if it's something you're unsure of then talk to your consultant about it: they'll be able to advise and either recommend more information or refer you to other people who can help.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything else and I'll do my best to help. It's shitty and scary at the beginning but I promise it is doable and it does get better!
  • Tubey 29 May 2017 17:50:00 92 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @JamboWayOh
    I had testicular cancer, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I didn't get a replacement as they're not the most visually stunning things anyway, didn't see the point. I believe you can get a fake one put in at any point of your life if you dislike a oneball.
  • JamboWayOh 29 May 2017 18:04:16 3,295 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SamNunn92

I'm sorry to hear that man, that's rough, I hope you fight this fucking, disgusting awful thing I can't contemplate what it would be like to have this illness come back. I will fight this and you will fight and we will win.

It still amazes me how we as a species are so committed to finding the resources to fund new, extreme ways of killing each other but have less desire to fund things that could keep us healthy.
  • Page

of 67 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.