The Office quotes thread Page 2

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
  • Deleted user 29 February 2008 10:36:30
    AcidSnake wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

    Fax: "Dwight, at 8am today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, Future Dwight."

    / tumbleweed

    ;-)

    Well sorry it's hard to remember all those very good scenes as I have over 3 and a half seasons to choose from!!
    How long did the UK office last again? ;)
    Two seasons of pure quality, as opposed to however many seasons of 'alright' American comedy. It's not shit, but it's not as well done as the UK version.
  • JuanKerr 29 Feb 2008 10:46:36 36,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

    Fax: "Dwight, at 8am today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, Future Dwight."

    / tumbleweed

    ;-)

    Well sorry it's hard to remember all those very good scenes as I have over 3 and a half seasons to choose from!!
    How long did the UK office last again? ;)
    Two seasons of pure quality, as opposed to however many seasons of 'alright' American comedy. It's not shit, but it's not as well done as the UK version.

    Agreed - I've tend to prefer comedy in short/fewer series, like Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Alan Partridge, Spaced, The Day Today, Brass Eye, etc.
  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 10:47:05 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dwight pisses on Gareth from an inordinately high height.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • Deleted user 29 February 2008 10:47:53
    JuanKerr wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:

    Fax: "Dwight, at 8am today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, Future Dwight."

    / tumbleweed

    ;-)

    Well sorry it's hard to remember all those very good scenes as I have over 3 and a half seasons to choose from!!
    How long did the UK office last again? ;)
    Two seasons of pure quality, as opposed to however many seasons of 'alright' American comedy. It's not shit, but it's not as well done as the UK version.

    Agreed - I've tend to prefer comedy in short/fewer series, like Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Alan Partridge, Spaced, The Day Today, Brass Eye, etc.
    True. They're all absolute classics with not a single solitary duff episode amongst them.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2008 10:48:40
    Youthist wrote:
    Dwight pisses on Gareth from an inordinately high height.
    I just think he comes across like a standard bitter American geek twat sitcom character, and nothing like as perfectly crafted a weasel as Gareth.
  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 10:49:53 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    They're all absolute classics with not a single solitary duff episode amongst them.
    Here - let me help you with those rose tints.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • JuanKerr 29 Feb 2008 10:49:55 36,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

    Agreed - I've tend to prefer comedy in short/fewer series, like Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Alan Partridge, Spaced, The Day Today, Brass Eye, etc.
    True. They're all absolute classics with not a single solitary duff episode amongst them.

    Exactly. I used to love The Simpsons, but there are simply too many episodes and too many that I just don't find funny. I'm a Family Guy fan too, but the more recent episodes are nowhere near as funny as series 1-3.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2008 10:52:14
    Youthist wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    They're all absolute classics with not a single solitary duff episode amongst them.
    Here - let me help you with those rose tints.
    No I don't think so. I watch Alan Partridge, Spaced, Brass Eye and Blackadder regularly - in fact barely a week goes by that my gf and I haven't watched an entire series of AP at some point or another - and they're still hilarious, wonderful shows.

    Looking back at things like Red Dwarf, on the other hand, you've got a lot of dead wood in there. The shows listed above are hilarious to this day.
  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 10:53:46 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    The Partridge and Day Today threads win because some twat brought the american version into this thread. And also because the yanks are too retarded to even understand the humour in the above mentioned programmes so they never made a slapstick version with more fart jokes to appeal to the American populace.

    Fuck off nob-neck.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 10:55:14 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    Typical insult from someone that would enjoy the American version of the Office.
    I take your "twat" and raise you an "ignorant cunt".

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • Deleted user 29 February 2008 10:57:04
    Hehehe. This is fun.

    Anyway, back to The UK Office quotes...








    I'm more of an entertainer first, boss second.


    (one for both camps there, seeing as the US Office ripped off the British scripts to start with).
  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 10:57:57 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bobby Davro > Fluffy

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • JuanKerr 29 Feb 2008 10:59:16 36,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you American, Youthist?
  • JuanKerr 29 Feb 2008 11:02:29 36,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rooney wrote:

    the office is a shakespeare.

    american office is a Jilly Cooper.

    Fixed.
  • TheSaint 29 Feb 2008 11:06:16 14,614 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Michael Scott: Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. "Little Kid Lover". That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at.
  • Youthist 29 Feb 2008 11:07:41 10,027 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Are you American, Youthist?
    god no lol! Fuck that....

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • AcidSnake 29 Feb 2008 11:12:50 7,285 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Opinions and such...
    I prefer the US one way more than the UK one...Though I haven't seen the UK "specials" yet...
    Are they worthwhile?

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • JuanKerr 29 Feb 2008 11:15:16 36,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The 'Specials' are excellent, they really are.
  • TheSaint 29 Feb 2008 11:28:12 14,614 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure T-Shirt.

    I love the UK and US versions but currently the US shades it because I keep getting new quality episodes to watch. Also not sure if it has been on yet but I am sure Gervais and Merchant have agreed to write some episodes for the US version.
  • Bloodloss 29 Feb 2008 12:02:05 4,499 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like both series a lot. I used to say the UK one was better, but meh, now I'll just say they're different and both good. David Brent > Michael Scott though imo, as Ricky Gervais is brilliant, despite what people here seem to think (Yeah alright his stand-up can be shit)


    Dwight: Brain teaser. I have two coins, totalling 15 cents. One of them is not a nickel. What are they?
    Ryan: A dime and a nickel.
    Dwight: No... I said one of them is *not* a nickel.
    Ryan: But the other one is, I've heard that before.
    Dwight: Okay. A man and a son get into a car accident. They are rushed to the hospital. The doctor says "There's no way I can operate on this boy b--"
    Ryan: "Because he's my son!" The doctor is the boy's mother.
    Dwight: A man is found hanging...
    Ryan: He stepped on a block of ice, hung himself and the ice melted.
    Dwight: A hunter--
    Ryan: It's a polar bear because you're at the North Pole.
    Dwight: DAMN IT!
  • Deleted user 9 March 2010 00:22:34
    "pound for pound there is more sugar in a lemon than in a strawberry"

    "get the guitar"
  • kingnothing12 9 Mar 2010 13:51:13 571 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'tickle him, tickle him!'

    'Ah my kids are gunna see this'

    Uk office > us office
  • dnbuk 28 Feb 2013 19:26:05 4,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Brent is back for a one off!

    http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/ricky-gervais-to-return-as-david-brent-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-103503983.html

    Trailer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmfGE1R5lQ

    Edited by dnbuk at 20:43:54 28-02-2013
  • Mr.Small 28 Feb 2013 20:41:05 317 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

    I'm the quiet one

  • Humperfunk 28 Feb 2013 20:55:44 2,289 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr.Small wrote:
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?
    Weirdly enough a few mates and I were emailing Office quotes today with this one kicking it off! What a show.

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply