Masterchef Page 31

• Page

of 33 First / Last

• BillMurray 3 May 2013 10:18:12 7,235 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just watching the final now. Already had the ending spoiled for me though. Why did Larkin leave it till the last round to cook pet decent? Glad that twat Dale didn't win.

Edited by BillMurray at 10:19:24 03-05-2013
  • Trane 3 May 2013 22:33:10 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished. Right person won. To all the people who said this years was poor compared to previous incarnations, I would agree overall - very hard to pick fault with the standard displayed on the final episode, though. Natalie is definite wife material.
  • superdelphinus 4 May 2013 00:02:56 7,277 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She nods a lot. In terms of quality I think it peaked with tim Anderson, whose final efforts were ridiculous
  • superdelphinus 4 May 2013 00:04:27 7,277 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Dale has to be the smuggest contestant they've ever had on the show, and that's up against some serious competition.

"you almost saw a grown man cry....held it back"

Tosser!
    That was the funniest moment ever. He said it like Alan partridge as well, unwittingly
  • DaM 4 May 2013 08:07:25 12,612 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was trying to avoid seeing who won this yesterday, planning to watch it last night. Jumped up to turn the radio off twice. Had a quick go on the BBC News website....to spot a link in the most viewed list, not revealing the name of the winner, but what they cooked "Scotch Egg Wins Masterchef"! So as soon as they came on, I knew!

I sent an official complaint to the BBC :) Referenced that 1974 episode of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads where they desperately try to avoid finding out the England score.

/Disgusted Turnbridge Wells

I think Natalie was the deserved winner overall, but would have preferred Larkins meal last night - the main was a jazzed up version of what I get from our favourite restaurant takeaway most weekends - 3 style roast with ho fan :)
  • Lotos8ter 4 May 2013 08:49:10 2,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very pleased for the winner and think she deserved it. I disagree about the standard from previous years, I think the format this year was partly to blame and there were a few too many tasks cooking for the Fire Brigade etc. I would rather see them going to a professional kitchen and being allowed to serve a dish of their own creation. Then the pro chefs could get involved on how they'd present it etc and give them more to learn. Some of these kitchens are just assembly lines and the mis en place is all done for them.
    I feel a bit for Larkin, but he never really recovered from the Marcus Wareing bitch slapping and final aside, his confidence took a huge knock. I thought Dale recovered better in that respect but as I say, very pleased for the winner (although I see the scum @ The Sun have dug up some crap from her past)

Fiat Lux

• smoothpete 9 Aug 2013 13:39:32 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, enjoying it so far apart from *spits* Janet Street-Porter who I despise. Ade Edmonson doing a good and entertaining job so far
  • Shikasama 9 Aug 2013 13:41:53 6,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I'm watching this too. Nice to watch a series from the start as I usually end up missing the first few episodes.

John's palate test dishes have looked unbelievabley good.

I don't see the point in getting past celebrity masterchef winners in to 'judge' though. I get it with proper masterchef winners because they go on to be..chefs.
  • imamazed 9 Aug 2013 13:43:20 5,455 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I fall in and out love with this show in a similar fashion to how I feel about pointless.

I watch it for a while, but having seen it for a while, I get so horribly sick of the formula I have to leave it for a year till I come back to it. Think I've left it long enough to come back now...
  • smoothpete 9 Aug 2013 13:51:35 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    John's palate test dishes have looked unbelievabley good.
    That asian duck noodle soup from last week, holy shit I need that in my life.
  • smoothpete 9 Aug 2013 13:57:59 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hey did you know John is with that Lisa Faulkner lady off one of the previous celebrity shows?
  • BillMurray 7 Sep 2013 00:23:56 7,235 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite pleased Ade Edmonson won Masterchef. Seems like a nice bloke.
  • THFourteen 7 Sep 2013 10:26:22 31,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't even like fish and that dish looked fantastic to me
  • Deleted user 7 September 2013 13:11:48
    Ade was definitely a worthy winner and it was obvious from the judging that in the end he'd walked it really. Janet's a really good cook but her gobbiness and unwillingness to take anything on board (Hello smiling Cyclops!) were her own downfall. Thought it was hilarious that it was so obvious on a couple of occasions that John and Gregg wanted to just slap her.

Actually would have been really happy if they'd given it to Les in the end, it was only minor flaws in his dishes and to have come that far from that bread and butter pudding disaster was amazing.
  • Shikasama 7 Sep 2013 13:52:36 6,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah Ade was the one that didn't have an obvious flaw and was consistently excellent throughout. Saying that, this was easily the strongest celebrity series I've seen. Bryan, Shane and Speech were also very good and would have gone further in other series.

Was good to see Steve from an old Pro series as well, he looks like he's really used the show to progress his career. It'll be a pro series next won't it?
  • Mr_Sleep 7 Sep 2013 14:21:04 16,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Hey did you know John is with that Lisa Faulkner lady off one of the previous celebrity shows?
    Sly old dog! She's rather lovely.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Trane 9 Sep 2013 09:57:18 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Yeah Ade was the one that didn't have an obvious flaw and was consistently excellent throughout. Saying that, this was easily the strongest celebrity series I've seen. Bryan, Shane and Speech were also very good and would have gone further in other series.

Was good to see Steve from an old Pro series as well, he looks like he's really used the show to progress his career. It'll be a pro series next won't it?
    Yeah Professionals is normally in the run up to Christmas, Great British Menu in the New Year.
  • DaM 9 Sep 2013 12:28:59 12,612 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think Speech was the best, was sad to see her go early.

I always think this programme shows how easy it is to make food of this quality, if you can follow instructions and have some taste buds. Reproducing it hundreds of times under pressure of time in a hot kitchen is the hard part.
  • smoothpete 9 Sep 2013 12:32:34 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm glad Ade won it, but I still find it difficult to separate him from his characters.

So yeah. Eddie Hitler won Masterchef.
  • spamdangled 9 Sep 2013 12:32:57 27,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DaM It's not quite that simple - you also need imagination, culinary knowledge and good skills. Simply reading instructions on how to make a recipe isn't good enough. Two people with the same ingredients and a set of instructions and you can still end up with a plate of average food and a plate of absolutely awful food.

I though Ade was a clear winner from the outset - he was consistently impressive. That final dish of Sea Bass stuffed with scallops on a deconstructed ratatouille looked absolutely delicious and really well thought-out. I hope they include the recipe for it in the next cookbook they do.

Edited by darkmorgado at 12:36:07 09-09-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• YoshiMcTaggis 5 Nov 2013 20:23:16 2,452 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That "Beer Soup" looks incredible
  • Frogofdoom 5 Nov 2013 20:35:57 801 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Been watching the US junior masterchef and the stuff those kids can cook is just unbelievable. Even more so when you realise some of them are only 8.
  • Ironlungs76 21 Nov 2013 21:36:29 4,930 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else keeping up with the Professional version this year?

This chap David (Spanish one for clarity) seems a bit decent. I'd have demolished that rabbit dish and drowned myself in that pud for good measure.

They seem to be quite lenient with the other David though - he must have compromising photos of Michele and Monica.
  • BillMurray 21 Nov 2013 22:00:29 7,235 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A lot of them do seem to be a bit hit and miss this year. Some questionable decisions aswell, especially with that David fella.
  • Ironlungs76 21 Nov 2013 22:04:19 4,930 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There were a couple of decent cooks in the first batch (whose names I can't remember now) but, yeah, I agree, the standard maybe hasn't been too high so maybe they are clutching at straws somewhat.

As usual the later rounds will be the ones worth watching, which is were I usually start tuning into the series from. Maybe I'm just expecting too much at this stage?
  • dylman 25 Nov 2013 21:01:23 276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My favourite one tonight was the guy who failed to properly cook a sausage. That takes some talent.
  • buzz 25 Nov 2013 21:37:45 459 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dylman wrote:
    My favourite one tonight was the guy who failed to properly cook a sausage. That takes some talent.
    His artistic plating talents didn't help - half a sausage slap-bang in the middle of the plate like a mini pork Eiffel tower.
  • elephantjuice 25 Nov 2013 23:00:02 554 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, the guy who cooked classic sausages (so just sausages)...on Professional Masterchef *slow clap*
  • Page

of 33 First / Last