Masterchef Page 3

• Page

of 33 First / Last

• coastal 11 Feb 2009 21:53:26 5,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    my personal impression of greg [baldy] is to squeaky 'wheelbarrah, wheelbarrah?' followed by a John Turode impression which is just waggling my jowels, going 'woh whah wah'.

i needed to share. i have impressions for all tv chefs. one day i might share more.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• billythekid 12 Feb 2009 10:02:54 10,803 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    coastal wrote:
    my personal impression of greg [baldy] is to squeaky 'wheelbarrah, wheelbarrah?' followed by a John Turode impression which is just waggling my jowels, going 'woh whah wah'.

i needed to share. i have impressions for all tv chefs. one day i might share more.

C'mon lets have your Ainsley impression!
  • smoothpete 20 Feb 2009 14:42:13 31,017 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, Andy for the win then? Chris is a wet blanket and Matt could be excellent but I don't trust him. I don't like Andy but he seems to most dedicated out of the three
  • THFourteen 20 Feb 2009 14:44:22 31,806 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i would like matt to win cos he looks like a fat hairy biker fellow, and i like those guys - especially their baker programme.

don't like andy (bet he likes to be called andrew) he's kinda smug and irritated me by not putting a crepe in his beef wellington.

chris is OK, youthful exuberance i suppose.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 20 Feb 2009 15:57:28 2,451 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Matt, because he's good, and because he looks like the devil.
  • smoothpete 20 Feb 2009 15:59:51 31,017 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The dude looks more like Ming The Merciless than I do, and that's saying something.
  • tombo 20 Feb 2009 16:02:38 2,079 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Andy'll win.
    Matt thinks he's good and is quite good sometimes but seeing that they're cooking for a load of army grunts I think Andy will cope with the pressure better.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 20 Feb 2009 16:07:29 2,451 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "WE KNOW MATT CAN DO BIIIIG RUUUUUUSTIC FLAVOURS, BUT HE NEEDS TO SHOW SOME REFIIIIIIINEMENT TODAY."

"CAN ANDY SERVE US UP SOMETHING BUUUUURSTING WITH FLAVOUR?!"

"CHRIS NEEDS TO SHOW US HE CAN COOK SOME SIMPLE HEARTY FOOD."

*roll dice*
    *pick winner*
  • BillMurray 20 Feb 2009 16:26:30 7,235 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a great little page on the Guardian website showing just a few of the daft quotes, including my favourite..

"I want to pick this plate up and run around the room with it above my head singing songs about rabbit wrapped in bacon."
  • YoshiMcTaggis 20 Feb 2009 17:22:11 2,451 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What a great site!

"Beefy, beefy mushrooms ... ah, yeah ..."
  • kalel 20 Feb 2009 17:30:44 83,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, Iíd been ignoring this thinking it was a Halo thread :D

Anyone noticed how the bald judge dude sucks his fork for like 20 seconds before popping it out with a flourish whenever he tastes anything? Itís become a running joke between my wife and I. We went to a posh restaurant last week and got the giggles badly doing it with every mouthful.

I like the show, but the format is sort of bollocks. I kind of miss the guest judges on the old style one, it gave it a bit more variety, although they did have guests last night. I want Giles Coren to be on. He swears lots.
  • askew 20 Feb 2009 17:30:55 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Cleansing lime!"
  • YoshiMcTaggis 20 Feb 2009 17:46:50 2,451 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like the new style, but it got old quickly. The old, slower paced style is much better. Plus I always think Greg knows sod all about food, and is just copying John.

"Ohhh, John, John. It's going to be one of these nights isn't it? It's one of those nights ..."
  • Dougs 20 Feb 2009 17:50:51 64,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really a foody prog fan, but have caught the last few of these. The young lad might just win it imo. They all seem taken by his "natural talent" as a cook, whatever that means. Just depends whether he has the confidence to back it up.
  • kalel 20 Feb 2009 17:58:58 83,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Iíve frankly been astonished about how successful some of the really easy dishes have been. Steak and mash for example is not hard to cook well, and yet someone seems to cook it every week and they generally win.

Equally, try something fiddly and you will inevitably fuck it up and lose. Pastry is a definite killer - cook something with pastry and you will lose. Guaranteed.

And the fat one does make laugh with his puddings. You basically canít make it too sweet. Give him meringue covered in toffee with a sugar dusting and jam on the side, all served inside a huge ball of chocolate, with a another layer of toffee on top and heís chuffed. Heíll even eat the fork.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2009 17:59:47
    Halo is shit
  • Deleted user 20 February 2009 17:59:58
    wait, hang on
  • YoshiMcTaggis 20 Feb 2009 18:02:49 2,451 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One day Greg will put the fork into his mouth and just keep pushing until he's consumed the handle.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 19:25:57
    Can't watch this. Greg is too much of a massive walking cliche it's unbearable. And the SHOUTING. Oh my God THE SHOUTING.

Read a hilarious quote from him about women in one of the papers this morning. Basically he thinks of himself as "the cooking woman's crumpet" and that age is no barrier. He says how he's currently banging a 29 year old "but they have been as young as 21. God that was hell."

It's fucking classic. He goes on to say "I have an extensive grooming regime, Iíve had my teeth whitened, I regularly have facials, I have my head shaved once a week and I go for the occasional fake tan."

Here it is. Classy.
  • Dougs 26 Feb 2009 22:13:05 64,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought I might try and bump the right thread. Missed it entirely, but pleased with the eventual winner.
  • CosmicFuzz 26 Feb 2009 22:25:48 21,241 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else get a little choked up at the end then? Think my eyes were getting a little sweaty...

/blinks

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• BillMurray 26 Feb 2009 22:36:59 7,235 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm glad baldy won. Greg was on form with his shouting in the last episode.

I've got nothing to look forward to now, television-wise.
  • tombo 26 Feb 2009 22:50:56 2,079 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Plus I always think Greg knows sod all about food, and is just copying John.

"Ohhh, John, John. It's going to be one of these nights isn't it? It's one of those nights ..."

+1

I remember when John and Greg started doing this, actually I think it was even called 'Masterchef Goes Large' or something ridiculous.
    He's always been the pretender to me. He owns a couple of fruit and veg businesses, so what. His skill is coming out with a cliched phrase and not having to say something technical.

But I love both of them.

Even Ricky Gervais talked about Greg on his blog and echoed the phrase 'Cooking doesn't get tougher than this!'

• smoothpete 27 Feb 2009 12:52:15 31,017 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was a lot of Gregg SHOUTING last night, he was sat about 2 yards away from John just screaming his fucking face off, gotta laugh really.

I'm pleased Mat won, he did well this week and brilliantly in the final
  • coastal 27 Feb 2009 13:08:25 5,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We sat on the sofa faces inches apart doing masterchef impressions. How sad is that?

Personal impression of greg: 'wheelbarrah? wheelbarrah? wheelbarrah? WHEELBARRAH!'
    John just wobbles his cheeks: 'Ahwub-wub-wubber-wub'

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• smoothpete 27 Feb 2009 13:11:08 31,017 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a Celebrity Masterchef sometime I assume, there was last year
  • figgis 27 Feb 2009 13:15:17 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'The Great British Menu' will return soon, that's much more civilised.
  • Dougs 27 Feb 2009 13:17:47 64,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aspic wrote:
    Gregg's actually got a blog, which basically doubles as an ad for his business. I'm gutted that he doesn't write only in CAPITALS.

My god. what a dull fucker.
  • BillMurray 10 Jun 2009 19:33:46 7,235 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bump!

New series of Celebrity Masterchef in half an hour on BBC1.
  • Page

of 33 First / Last