Masterchef Page 2

  • Page

    of 35 First / Last

  • Lexx87 16 Sep 2008 18:51:15 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ooh ok, managing to catch the end of this :) Love cooking shows.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • billythekid 11 Feb 2009 12:11:26 11,146 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Greg
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:15:09 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol!

    Yet again I am hooked by masterchef. It's the only TV that is a "must see" for me at the moment. Well, and American Idol and James and Oz Get Pissed
  • binky Moderator 11 Feb 2009 12:16:26 9,671 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What is it with Masterchef that's so great though? It's so compulsive :D

    oh oh... My name is Pete, and I've never tried scallops.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2009 12:17:21 60,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THIS NEXT PLATE OF FOOD IM ABOUT TO STUFF INTO MY FACE COULD MAKE OR BREAK HIS AMBITION TO BE A PROFESSIONAL CHEF, JOHN!!!

    YES GREG!!! [B]THE PRESSURE IS REALLY ON NOW[/B]

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • billythekid 11 Feb 2009 12:20:43 11,146 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    lol!

    Yet again I am hooked by masterchef. It's the only TV that is a "must see" for me at the moment. Well, and American Idol and James and Oz Get Pissed

    What more do you need from tv, other than Top Gear!
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:23:50 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My friends play Masterchef bingo. There are different points awarded for them saying certain catchphrases.

    Actually it would make a brilliant drinking game!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 11 Feb 2009 12:25:04 25,942 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That fat, bald guy's spoon sucking haunts my dreams.
  • billythekid 11 Feb 2009 12:25:51 11,146 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    My friends play Masterchef bingo. There are different points awarded for them saying certain catchphrases.

    Actually it would make a brilliant drinking game!

    Like this
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:26:04 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Harry, I think you may be taking it too seriously :)
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2009 12:26:12 60,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Harry wrote:

    I hate the stupid questions they ask "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT?"

    The "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT?" test really pisses me off. it just allows them to squeeze an extra round in, then get rid of some poor fucker before he has even had chance to boil an egg.

    I do love how all the contestants hate their lives.

    WHY DO YOU WANT TO WIN MASTERCHEF, SALLY?

    Well, greg...im a teacher and I fucking hate my life. I hate my job, I hate the kids, I hate my husband...all i want to do is cook dishes with odd flavour combinations.

    ARE YOU NOT CONCERNED THAT YOUR EMPLOYERS WILL SEE YOU BLEATING ON ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE THEM ON NATIONAL TV?

    Im making bread and butter pudding...

    YAM FACKIN YAM!

    Oh, and I want this so much I could cry. And I can. You just give the word.

    I CAN SEE YOU IN THE FINAL!

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • MrSensible 11 Feb 2009 12:27:10 25,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the way that they don't actually comment on the food at all. The bald bloke just lists what's in it.

    "the oregano, the spice of the chilli, finishing off with the bite of the pasta. Great stuff"

    Or something.
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:28:03 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    My friends play Masterchef bingo. There are different points awarded for them saying certain catchphrases.

    Actually it would make a brilliant drinking game!

    Like this
    Ha! Yeah that's the ticket! That might need adjusting though as you have to down two pints during the opening credits:

    Rule Three - Down a pint of lager when Gregg shouts at the camera: "Cooking doesn't get tougher than this!"

    Rule Four - Down a second pint if John follows that up by shouting: "This competition is going to change somebody's life....forever!"

    GLUG GLUG
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:29:32 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Well, greg...im a teacher and I fucking hate my life. I hate my job, I hate the kids, I hate my husband...all i want to do is cook dishes with odd flavour combinations.

    ARE YOU NOT CONCERNED THAT YOUR EMPLOYERS WILL SEE YOU BLEATING ON ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE THEM ON NATIONAL TV?
    That actually happened here. A woman in my office was on it, saying how much she didn't like her job and wanted to leave to pursue cooking. It was funny as fuck the next day at work after she'd failed to get through :D
  • billythekid 11 Feb 2009 12:29:44 11,146 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I like the way that they don't actually comment on the food at all. The bald bloke just lists what's in it.

    "the oregano, the spice of the chilli, finishing off with the bite of the pasta. Great stuff"

    Or something.

    BACON DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2009 12:29:57 60,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Down a bottle if they fake indecision on two people just to achieve a fairly pointless cliffhanger.

    Its weird. It has all the elements that make me absolutely hate a TV show, but its really compelling.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2009 12:30:54 60,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Well, greg...im a teacher and I fucking hate my life. I hate my job, I hate the kids, I hate my husband...all i want to do is cook dishes with odd flavour combinations.

    ARE YOU NOT CONCERNED THAT YOUR EMPLOYERS WILL SEE YOU BLEATING ON ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE THEM ON NATIONAL TV?
    That actually happened here. A woman in my office was on it, saying how much she didn't like her job and wanted to leave to pursue cooking. It was funny as fuck the next day at work after she'd failed to get through :D

    haha! I fucking *knew* that was happening up and down the country.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • ecosse-011772 11 Feb 2009 12:33:16 3,175 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Next time they ask someone what they want out of this and they say "I'd like to open my own restaurant/bistro/food place," they should shoot them dead, turn to the next contestant and whisper "What do you want out of this?" whilst slowly reloading the gun.
  • smoothpete 11 Feb 2009 12:34:18 31,534 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Me and the missus were watching some action movie the other day that had a shoot out scene in a hotel kitchen. As the bullets were flying she turns to me and says "COOKING DOESN'T GET TOUGHER THAN THIS" and I nearly wet myself laughing :p
  • MrSensible 11 Feb 2009 12:35:20 25,066 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I like the way that they don't actually comment on the food at all. The bald bloke just lists what's in it.

    "the oregano, the spice of the chilli, finishing off with the bite of the pasta. Great stuff"

    Or something.

    BACON DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS

    :D
  • AliRay 11 Feb 2009 13:17:47 181 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Although this show also needs Ali's Reality TV Rule number 1:

    ANYONE CAUGHT CRYING WILL BE SHOT IN THE HEAD INSTANTLY.
  • BillMurray 11 Feb 2009 20:31:31 7,760 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The shouting has begun!
  • spindizzy 11 Feb 2009 20:35:41 6,532 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Harry wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Harry, I think you may be taking it too seriously :)

    It's baldy and shouty that are taking it seriously. Christ, it's only making a bit of scan. Calm down the pair of you.

    THIS IS SERIOUS TOUGH COOKING

    No it's making lunch.

    Actually, I've watched this show a couple of time and it almost brings me out in a cold sweat at the thought of having to do it myself.

    I could never, never do what these people do and I'm filled with awe at some of the stuff they make. That repeat bloke who got through the other night who made pasta from scatch? Incredible. Just incredible. And in fact, ALL of the meals those guys cooked that night looked staggeringly good.

    Tonight for my evening meal, I will have baked potato and tuna. With salad.

  • Onny 11 Feb 2009 20:55:18 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love it! But I could do without the restaurant section. I find the first bit and the last bit far more interesting.
  • Page

    of 35 First / Last

Log in or register to reply