The Chocolate Mission...best chocolate bar in the world!

• Page

of 54 First / Last

Previous
  • james_edwards18 27 Feb 2008 22:01:36 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it even possible to answer this question??

What do you all think?

Ever since the start of the year I started doing reviews for each candy bar I eat..I Have have done one aday since January 1st

Would be great if you guys could check out some of my reviews and maybe add your comments onto my posts if you have them..my website is

Chocolate Mission
  • Short-Round 27 Feb 2008 22:46:44 1,181 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nice site
  • Salaman 27 Feb 2008 22:47:43 18,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    james_edwards18 wrote:
    Is it even possible to answer this question??

What do you all think?

Ever since the start of the year I started doing reviews for each candy bar I eat..I Have have done one aday since January 1st

Would be great if you guys could check out some of my reviews and maybe add your comments onto my posts if you have them..my website is

www.chocolatemission.blogspot.com
  • Bloodloss 27 Feb 2008 22:52:06 4,499 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awesome blog and idea/reviews. Not many people will be happy with your Wispa review around these parts though... just check this thread to see how mental people are over it.
  • HoriZon 27 Feb 2008 23:03:38 13,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Moro bar from NZ its like a Mars but different :)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Trowel 27 Feb 2008 23:39:18 17,429 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw an ad on TV for Crunchie for the first time in a couple of years just half an hour ago - this thread confirms my fate tomorrow lunchtime.
  • james_edwards18 28 Feb 2008 21:38:48 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hybrid/Bloodloss and all others - thanks for the feedback guys you have been really kind... make sure ou continue to check it out I got some awesome reviews coming up soon :)

Horizon - do you know anywhere I could get hold of this Morro bar? Im quite entrigued by it!

Trowel - The Crunchie is so damn nice! I hope you enjoy it tommorow.

Bloodloss - regarding the Wispa review...I know so many people love them but I stand by my review...its just bubbly chocolate...but thats not to say its not good bubbly chocolate ;) I just think there is more original/exciting bars out there..I have had a few already. Im gonna head over to the Wispa thread now!

Cheers for all the feedback guys..remember to keep checking back to Jim's Chocolate Mission :) :)

Chocolate Mission

• james_edwards18 28 Feb 2008 22:05:30 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Charm wrote:
    Read a few. I tend to stick to Toffee Crisps out of habit but I think I'm finding it a bit sweet, now. KitKats are a safe default for me, too.

To save me reading through them all, what are the top rated ones so far?

check the homepage ... top right you have a table with links to the reviews!!
  • james_edwards18 28 Feb 2008 22:11:15 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Charm wrote:
    Ah, silly me :)

no problems man...if you got any comments on my reviews please just click the comments part at the end and agree/disagree away...would be good to get some discussion going :D
  • GeeMacca 28 Feb 2008 22:12:21 2,789 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone who rates Hersheys above a Wispa deserves to be cast into the depths of hell - IMHO, of course.
  • james_edwards18 28 Feb 2008 22:45:54 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GeeMacca wrote:
    Anyone who rates Hersheys above a Wispa deserves to be cast into the depths of hell - IMHO, of course.

Some Hershey's is better...some is not....

People are taking it the wrong way here...I dont think the Wispa is a bad bar at all...its just not as good as some others.

Im hardly going to turn my nose up at it if someone offers me one lol
  • Physically_Insane 28 Feb 2008 22:48:49 8,614 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For some reason I thought you were talking about a bar (as in a bar in a pub) made out of chocolate.

Anyway, carry on.
  • semprini 28 Feb 2008 23:20:51 3,144 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    The Crunchie won before you started. Your mission is futile.
    Agreed. Crunchie is fucking awesome.

Anyone noticed they started airing that TV advert again recently, the one with all the animated chocolate and the rollercoaster and stuff? I remember seeing that probably 10 years ago now. Man, crunchie were way ahead of their time.
  • HoriZon 28 Feb 2008 23:22:03 13,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    james_edwards18 wrote:
    Horizon - do you know anywhere I could get hold of this Morro bar? Im quite entrigued by it!

No sorry i would love to find them here too!

I went to the Cadbury factory in NZ, Dunedin and they said its NZ biggest selling bar shame its not out in the UK lets write letters to Cadburys demanding its release!!!

hmmm this site might send you them:
    http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/cp/Moro_65g_Cadbury

Yummy!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• james_edwards18 29 Feb 2008 00:09:15 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That Morro looks very similar to the Mars....aka YUMMY lol...bit criminal im yet to review a Mars yet really.

Semprini - Yes I have noticed the Crunchie ad is back..Cadburys are masters of using the tool of nostalgia...their incremental sales must be through the roof on the Wispa/Cadburys side.

Physcially_Insane - haha yeh i probably should stop saying bar..it must be getting a little confusing. I dont know what else to describe it as though...blocks?? Chunks?? God knows :D
  • Charroux 29 Feb 2008 00:30:45 792 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So you live in Sussex, but haven't featured any of the local chocolate yet? Seriously, Montezumas blows away everything all that over-processed Cadbury and Hershey shite :)
  • megastar 29 Feb 2008 00:38:44 17,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    curly wurly
  • Epitaph 29 Feb 2008 00:46:16 860 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    Anyone noticed they started airing that TV advert again recently, the one with all the animated chocolate and the rollercoaster and stuff? I remember seeing that probably 10 years ago now. Man, crunchie were way ahead of their time.

Yep, noticed it the other night and had flashbacks to the early 90s. No signs of it aging though, it was remarkably well made.
  • caligari 29 Feb 2008 00:50:05 16,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A mouth crammed full of salt and vinegar crisps...AND Snickers...results in the greatest flavour on earth.
  • morriss 29 Feb 2008 00:53:25 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    A mouth crammed full of salt and vinegar crisps...AND Snickers...results in the greatest flavour on earth.
    :D

truth
  • james_edwards18 29 Feb 2008 00:59:56 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Charroux - local chocolate eh..now thats a challenge I will find some of Sussex's finest this weekend. As for Montezumas I have some ready for review in my ever growing stash...be sure to check back soon for a review.

morris/cali - crisp eh?? I normally eat all my chocolate bars with vanilla ice cream yum yum!

Epitah - The crunchie advert is a timeless classic. I dont even think they updated it at all in the past 10yrs...quite remarkable really
  • polar 29 Feb 2008 01:04:23 1,098 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    james_edwards18 wrote:
    Charroux - local chocolate eh..now thats a challenge I will find some of Sussex's finest this weekend. As for Montezumas I have some ready for review in my ever growing stash...be sure to check back soon for a review.

morris/cali - crisp eh?? I normally eat all my chocolate bars with vanilla ice cream yum yum!

Epitah - The crunchie advert is a timeless classic. I dont even think they updated it at all in the past 10yrs...quite remarkable really

I read one of your reviews where you dissed the choc bar because it didn't compliment your ice cream very well. WTF has ice cream got to do with how good the bar is? Surely you should judge each bar based purely on it own merits?
  • james_edwards18 29 Feb 2008 01:09:15 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    polar wrote:
    james_edwards18 wrote:

I read one of your reviews where you dissed the choc bar because it didn't compliment your ice cream very well. WTF has ice cream got to do with how good the bar is? Surely you should judge each bar based purely on it own merits?

I know I know...you may have noticed the style of review wrting has changed since the blog started...the idea of the chocolate mission only came about a few weeks ago...so at the time of writing some of first reviews in January these were merely just random notes I wrote down about the bar...this weekend this will all be changed and all the posts/scores will be aligned :D

Thanks for reading though :D
  • james_edwards18 29 Feb 2008 21:30:49 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I reviewed the Snickers Almond today folks make sure you check it out.
  • speedofthepuma 29 Feb 2008 22:18:30 13,266 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is nobody going to make a joke about the chocolate mission being a reference to anal sex?

I am very disappointed. So disappointed it is ruining my creative juices.

FHUTA.

There you go. happy now?

/hangs head in shame.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Angel_Treats 29 Feb 2008 22:41:40 11,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You are my new best friend.

If you're in London go to Jumbucks, they have various Aussie choccy bars. Also Cyber Candy in Covent Garden do lots of US (and maybe Japanese) choc.
  • james_edwards18 1 Mar 2008 00:13:29 781 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Angel_Treats wrote:
    You are my new best friend.

If you're in London go to Jumbucks, they have various Aussie choccy bars. Also Cyber Candy in Covent Garden do lots of US (and maybe Japanese) choc.

I will be sure to check those plase out.

Angel let me know what you think of my reviews etc
  • Page

of 54 First / Last

Previous