I think my girlfriend is gonna Propose on Friday???

  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

    Previous
  • freaxgamer 25 Feb 2008 23:57:51 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I met my Girlfriend playing UT2004 (online) 2 years ago, and we are still going strong, its just I don't think am ready and she's been acting a little strange with me. My mate said he saw her at H Samuel at the Trafford Centre, with her mate. Her mate is already Married, but what got me is when he said they where looking at Engagement Rings!! I am not joking my hand started to shake and I felt queezy.

    How did you react if you was proposed on 29th Feb, or how did you go about proposing to your now wife/Fiance (if engaged)?
  • FWB 26 Feb 2008 00:00:14 45,252 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Only way I'm getting married is if I get pissed in Las Vegas. Not impossible.

    You can always get a divorce.
  • phAge 26 Feb 2008 00:00:50 24,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FHU-


    Ah sod it.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2008 00:03:04
    You're in 20,000 worth of debt and she was pawning her jewellery.
  • paul_haine 26 Feb 2008 00:03:57 4,205 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, come on, looking at jewellery is probably something a lot of women do when shopping. I mean, how many games do you look at but never buy? Same thing.
  • Razz 26 Feb 2008 00:04:53 61,618 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WTF is this emo shit?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • FWB 26 Feb 2008 00:07:36 45,252 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    paul has a point. Even if they were looking at engagement rings that still wouldn't mean much. A lot of girls love to look at anything wedding related even if it's not on the cards

    Slightly related, how did it snowball from a UT game? I'm actually quite interested as how those things occur. I'm guessing it didn't start with you shouting at her team "LOL U FAGGoT5 JST G0T PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Feb 2008 00:08:27 11,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :o Just two years together and already marriage? Jayzus, I've already had three relationships in my life that've lasted that long and turned to shit. :/ I'm afraoid I'd have to be advising a response of "I'll think about it...", even if you're nuts about her.

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Feb 2008 00:09:32 11,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote: I'm guessing it didn't start with you shouting at her team "LOL U FAGGoT5 JST G0T PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
    :D Why not? That's an instant seduction right there. :) /is single :(

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • phAge 26 Feb 2008 00:10:33 24,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On another note, I can't believe the first post in this thread after the OP isn't "HEADSHOT!". Some bunch of nerds we are...
  • morriss 26 Feb 2008 00:10:43 71,283 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    umetdoinwotnow?
  • FWB 26 Feb 2008 00:11:38 45,252 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got a few mates married and every single one of them has done it under less than two years except for one. A couple of them did it under one year, actually closer to half a year. Not something I'd ever do, but well, good luck to them (tho the cynic in me says they'll* collapse).





    *My mates, not OP.
  • JYM60 26 Feb 2008 00:12:26 16,881 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    :o Just two years together and already marriage? Jayzus, I've already had three relationships in my life that've lasted that long and turned to shit. :/ I'm afraoid I'd have to be advising a response of "I'll think about it...", even if you're nuts about her.
    Two years is pretty long. Well it is to me anyway.

    [8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

  • FWB 26 Feb 2008 00:12:38 45,252 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    FWB wrote: I'm guessing it didn't start with you shouting at her team "LOL U FAGGoT5 JST G0T PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
    :D Why not? That's an instant seduction right there. :) /is single :(

    Followed by some sexist remark when she says she's a girl.
  • freaxgamer 26 Feb 2008 00:15:18 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    paul has a point. Even if they were looking at engagement rings that still wouldn't mean much. A lot of girls love to look at anything wedding related even if it's not on the cards

    Slightly related, how did it snowball from a UT game? I'm actually quite interested as how those things occur. I'm guessing it didn't start with you shouting at her team "LOL U FAGGoT5 JST G0T PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".


    Starnge really, we ended on the same maps, and I didn't who she was, I thought she was a guy, until she sent me her MSN addy. We got chatting for about few months, it went off from there really, she lived in leed was coming to Manchester Uni, so we decided to meet up and that was about it, we started seeing each other, then towards then end of her course I asked her to move in with me (BOLD MOVE) and she said she would think about it. most of her belongings were with her, so she said yes and that as about it. We've been togther since.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Feb 2008 00:17:41 11,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote: :o Just two years together and already marriage? Jayzus, I've already had three relationships in my life that've lasted that long and turned to shit. :/ I'm afraoid I'd have to be advising a response of "I'll think about it...", even if you're nuts about her.
    JYM60 wrote: Two years is pretty long. Well it is to me anyway.
    Yeah, it was a long time to me too. Not long enough though, that's my point.

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • FWB 26 Feb 2008 00:19:13 45,252 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You know this calls for you having a virtual wedding on your favourite map where the whole of EG can invade and start TKing.

    Well glad it's working out for you so far. Guess internet meeting is becoming a lot more common. It's how my best mate met his current lass.
  • JYM60 26 Feb 2008 00:23:57 16,881 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote: :o Just two years together and already marriage? Jayzus, I've already had three relationships in my life that've lasted that long and turned to shit. :/ I'm afraoid I'd have to be advising a response of "I'll think about it...", even if you're nuts about her.
    JYM60 wrote: Two years is pretty long. Well it is to me anyway.
    Yeah, it was a long time to me too. Not long enough though, that's my point.
    That's maybe just because you weren't ready for marriage. I mean if I went out with my now girlfriend for 3 years I'd still only be 23. Three years is easily a long enough time imo but I'd not want to get marred at 23.

    [8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

  • Syrette 26 Feb 2008 00:36:25 44,101 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    You know this calls for you having a virtual wedding on your favourite map where the whole of EG can invade and start TKing.

    That would be amazing.

  • freaxgamer 26 Feb 2008 00:40:44 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Virtual Wedding??? Hmmm

    Now thats a money making idea.

    Would it? Could it really work??
  • Clive_Dunn 26 Feb 2008 07:19:06 4,786 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If she buys you a ring from H Samuel then that's an automatic get-out clause and you are in the clear.

    Cheap tat.
  • SlackMaster 26 Feb 2008 07:44:53 3,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    freaxgamer wrote:
    I met my Girlfriend playing UT2004 (online) 2 years ago, and we are still going strong, its just I don't think am ready and she's been acting a little strange with me. My mate said he saw her at H Samuel at the Trafford Centre, with her mate. Her mate is already Married, but what got me is when he said they where looking at Engagement Rings!! I am not joking my hand started to shake and I felt queezy.

    How did you react if you was proposed on 29th Feb, or how did you go about proposing to your now wife/Fiance (if engaged)?

    Gayer...
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Just kidding, but what she proposed to you!?! Shouldn't you be getting your shit together and proposing to her... if you want to that is.
  • Dougs 26 Feb 2008 07:48:02 69,127 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Slackie, it's a leap year this year - which means the "tradition" of the girl proposing on 29 Feb.
  • Big-Swiss 26 Feb 2008 07:57:37 8,210 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Only way I'm getting married is if I get pissed in Las Vegas. Not impossible.

    You can always get a divorce.

    I married in Vegas!
    But my proposal was good!
  • SlackMaster 26 Feb 2008 08:03:05 3,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Slackie, it's a leap year this year - which means the "tradition" of the girl proposing on 29 Feb.

    Really? I'd never heard of that before. I dunno though I'd feel a bit weird if the girl proposed. I'd kinda feel like part of my manhood had been taken away.
  • Lexx87 26 Feb 2008 08:04:56 20,863 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Slackie, it's a leap year this year - which means the "tradition" of the girl proposing on 29 Feb.

    Ohhhhhh I get it. Shit ok I see why he's worried.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • Big-Swiss 26 Feb 2008 08:08:37 8,210 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simple!

    If dude wants bitch forever, he proposes
    if dude ain't sure if want bitch, but bitch is in hurry, she proposes

    not a lot you can do from stopping her proposal other then propose first or say something like: if I imagine someone proposing to me, there wouldn't be a chance I would say yes.................and then you will be able to propose!

    my wedding was cheap as shit
    my proposal was the whole nine yards, with Limousine and beach etc.........
  • LeoliansBro 26 Feb 2008 08:28:01 44,769 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Remember kids, just say no to freaky women who want you to wear the engagement ring. Seriously, her proposing does not involve you wearing a sparkler, so why worry about H. Samuel?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Angel_Treats 26 Feb 2008 08:32:43 11,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Relax. Even if she did propose she wouldn't be presenting herself with an engagement ring - you'd probably still be expected to buy it. She was probably just looking. (Most) women like jewellery - just because I already have an enagement ring doesn't mean I don't look in the windows of jewellers. And I did long before I ever wanted to get married.
  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply