Best place to trade in old games?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • andijames 22 Feb 2008 11:09:23 2,840 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just thinking about trading in a few old games of mine towards some of the new ones im after. Does anyone have any ideas where the best places are to go for good value? Is gamestation any good?

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers :D

vivir el momento

• seasidebaz 22 Feb 2008 11:42:08 6,189 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gamestation > game

local indies (usually) > gamestation

i've found that indies generally give you more cos they want your business, you need to watch though as sometimes they don't accept older / obscure titles as they won't sell on again.
  • phatb0y 22 Feb 2008 12:50:38 868 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is probably not what you want to hear, but eBay.

Its nowhere near as convenient as letting some prole treat your games with complete contempt while sucking their teeth as they search for a price, but in my experience you get a more realistic amount of cash rather than the asspennies they offer on the highstreet.

No good for impulse purchases but much better in the long run.

Cut out the middle man and just sell it yourself.
  • Flying_Pig 22 Feb 2008 13:16:25 11,543 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    phatb0y wrote:

You could try selling them on EG. There's a Swapsies Group for this very thing!
  • Deleted user 22 February 2008 13:20:40
    I traded in Resistance FOM recently.

Game offered me a fiver.
    Gamestation 16.
  • Machetazo 22 Feb 2008 13:25:06 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo_3-Liverpool_0 wrote:
    greggywocky wrote:

Game offered me a fiver.

WTF??
    That does seem strange, but maybe that particular store had had lots of copies brought in recently. Price is still laughable though! :p
  • Deleted user 22 February 2008 13:26:36
    Machetazo wrote:
    greggywocky wrote:

Game offered me a fiver.

WTF??
    That does seem strange, but maybe that particular store had had lots of copies brought in recently. Price is still laughable though! :p

Leeds branch it was.
    Gamestation branch mentioned was in Bolton.

Dunno if it varies from place to place. I guess it shouldn't...
  • DaM 22 Feb 2008 13:31:46 13,543 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    phatb0y wrote:

You could try selling them on EG. There's a Swapsies Group for this very thing!

QFT.
    I buy loads of stuff here, never any problems. You'll get more money, someone else will get a good deal.
  • scoobysi 23 Feb 2008 10:59:19 1,045 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you've got a CEX I often find they offer the best trade-in prices but are often more expensive to buy pre-owned.

Recentley I printed exchange prices off CEX website and took them into Gamestation who price match, ended up with 29 extra for 5 games, in each case Gamestation also added an extra 1 onto the CEX price :)

Si
  • L0cky 23 Feb 2008 11:05:29 1,561 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • gohda 24 Feb 2008 13:32:56 6,642 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    greggywocky wrote:
    Machetazo wrote:
    greggywocky wrote:

Game offered me a fiver.

WTF??

Leeds branch it was.
    Gamestation branch mentioned was in Bolton.

Dunno if it varies from place to place. I guess it shouldn't...

I offered mine too and it was a fiver. This is a Northern Ireland branch.
  • just4funUK 24 Feb 2008 20:49:01 572 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good place to start looking for cheap Games is Blockbuster.

Now that they have sold Gamestation to Game there game prices seem good. Not sure on there trade in prices I got 25 for uncharted 20 for Jerico and 5 for Motorstorm.But It was used to exchange against a pre owned Ps3 40GB from them(So made more sense to exchange there).Got Uncharted online for 34,Jericho online 24 and Resistance came with Preowned Ps3 60GB with Motorstorm for 324.So I dont think I did to bad.

Also Woolworths have had some good buys latley Assassins Creed 24.97 and Tiger Woods 08 34.99.Some times you can get stuff cheaper new I payed 25 for Assassins Creed off fleabay.

I also sold two games on fleabay Tiger Woods 07 and Resistance and both sold for 18.50 but after paing for postage and paypal fee's and fleabay advert came in that I got less than 14 each.
  • Bloodloss 24 Feb 2008 20:58:51 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to sell practically all my old games and maybe the consoles soon. Do you think if I took in 33-odd PS2 games into Gamestation they'd essentially tell me to fuck off?

I can't really see a whole bundle of them selling on ebay, and I can't be arsed to list them all individually on ebay. There's also about 20 xbox games, some PS1 games, 2 xboxes, etc...
  • Bloodloss 27 Feb 2008 14:22:59 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Inquisitor Moderator 27 Feb 2008 14:26:13 14,559 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bloodloss wrote:
    I'm going to sell practically all my old games and maybe the consoles soon. Do you think if I took in 33-odd PS2 games into Gamestation they'd essentially tell me to fuck off?

I can't really see a whole bundle of them selling on ebay, and I can't be arsed to list them all individually on ebay. There's also about 20 xbox games, some PS1 games, 2 xboxes, etc...

Post the list of them on here and if you're interested in swapping and what platforms you want to swap for.

List the price aswell. You'll probably get a few takers...me personally, I'm looking for resi 4, call of cthulu and black :)
  • caligari 27 Feb 2008 14:28:23 17,198 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Bloodloss wrote:

Post the list of them on here and if you're interested in swapping and what platforms you want to swap for.

List the price aswell. You'll probably get a few takers...me personally, I'm looking for resi 4, call of cthulu and black :)

Jah, post them up. We're like bloody vultures on here, we'll pick and tear at any old scraps that are chucked to us.

Mmmm...scraps.
  • Jerieth 9 Apr 2013 23:12:45 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In my experience the best sites to trade video games are Play N Swap

Edited by philipkempton at 23:12:56 09-04-2013
  • beastmaster 9 Apr 2013 23:19:17 12,041 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Asda.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• dominalien 9 Apr 2013 23:23:05 7,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you think I'll get 16 pounds for my Resistance FOM?

PSN: DonOsito

• Widge Moderator 10 Apr 2013 08:59:31 13,746 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Do you think I'll get 16 pounds for my Resistance FOM?
    Yeah I read that and not the date and was preparing to BUY ALL THE RFOM to sell on.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 1

Previous Next