Have you ever been in a fight?

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 21 February 2008 19:44:19
    A real proper one?

My only real experience in the art of street pugilism was in school when myself and another boy had a falling out and after some strong words as to who might be the most scared, we rashly planned to duke it out on the "field" after last bell.

Problem was we made this unwise plan at lunchtime and by 3pm pretty much everyone in the entire school had found out. By the time we got there there were probably around 200 kids baying for a gladitorial contest the like of which would have shaken Rome. Including all the scarily hard ones.

The crowd parted in silent expectation at our arrival.

Because we didnt actually have a thing against one another, and due to the size of the audience scaring the living crap out of us what they got was more Captain Kirk vs man in a monster suit. For about 2 minutes til we got too tired to carry on.

We stopped and shook hands, to an audible groan of dissatisfaction and anger from the massed onlookers, and scurried off later to hear many complaints about what a shit fight we'd had.

Probably fortunately after this Ive never been required to fight as an adult.
  • Arsenal1914 21 Feb 2008 19:46:04 260 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wtf it would be very hard to find a person that was not in a fight duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Spectral 21 Feb 2008 19:51:34 5,017 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've never been in one. I've never pissed anyone off enough to want to hurt me.
  • HarryB 21 Feb 2008 20:08:17 6,317 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    was in one last week... some yob told me my mate was ugly and that she was going to fail uni... so i asked him how many kids he had and if he was a sparky (it's what every yob in my town does) and unsurprisingly he was a sparky with 2 kids! much crap banter ensued from him which was then slipped and thrown back in his face, he tried to punch me, I moved, I punched him, he fell over and knocked himself out... penis.
  • Stickman 21 Feb 2008 20:12:06 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Arsenal1914 wrote:
    wtf it would be very hard to find a person that was not in a fight duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in the social circles you move in...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Duffking 21 Feb 2008 20:12:39 7,483 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HarryB wrote:
    was in one last week... some yob told me my mate was ugly and that she was going to fail uni... so i asked him how many kids he had and if he was a sparky (it's what every yob in my town does) and unsurprisingly he was a sparky with 2 kids! much crap banter ensued from him which was then slipped and thrown back in his face, he tried to punch me, I moved, I punched him, he fell over and knocked himself out... penis.

Did you punch him in the face and shout 'BOOM HEADSHOT!'

That would have been great.
  • Psychotext 21 Feb 2008 20:14:20 54,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sadly yes, though not since I met my missus who has had a calming influence on me. Unless you count kickboxing... but that's not a proper fight.
  • marilena 21 Feb 2008 20:19:14 8,203 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Arsenal1914 wrote:

Really? You didn't fight even as kid? I must have been in a million fights back then. Much fewer as a teenager, though, and none as an adult, though I was close a few times.
  • heyyo 21 Feb 2008 20:20:24 14,371 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HarryB wrote:
    was in one last week... some yob told me my mate was ugly and that she was going to fail uni... so i asked him how many kids he had

Hmmm?

I had a fight on eariler in the week, as I mentioned in the Depressed thread, I quit smoking recently and I was getting really pissed off by this bloke (long story) so I just went for him, swung with my right and hit his jaw blahblah etc i'm not proud.
  • HarryB 21 Feb 2008 20:45:58 6,317 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, explanation
    Dundee is one of the worst places in Britain for teenage pregnancy... so it's typical to have a pop at yobs by asking them how many kids they have.
  • Killerbee 21 Feb 2008 20:58:04 5,016 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got hit by someone in the street once when I was a student. I think I may have provoked it by kicking his bicycle and shouting "get off the fucking pavement you twat!")...

Anyway, (un?)fortunately a friend of mine stepped in immediately and dragged me away, so all I manged to do in return was offer a mouthful of verbal.

I keep thinking it was probably for the best that it didn't turn into a proper brawl, but a part of me still wishes I'd hit the fucker back.

And let down his tyres.

• Psychotext 21 Feb 2008 20:58:59 54,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    And let down his tyres.
    ...and nicked his bell!
  • Syrette 21 Feb 2008 20:59:56 44,091 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nope, never had a fight. I've had tense moments with people and I've been threatened before but I've never really laid a hand on anyone.

• Syrette 21 Feb 2008 21:02:00 44,091 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Sadly yes, though not since I met my missus who has had a calming influence on me. Unless you count kickboxing... but that's not a proper fight.

So you used to be a violent, aggressive cunt till your wife "saved you"?
    How touching.
    Yeah, that's exactly what he said. Nice one.

• Psychotext 21 Feb 2008 21:04:25 54,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

What the?
  • speedofthepuma 21 Feb 2008 21:06:38 13,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

How touching.

What a pithy comment. And profound.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• JediMasterMalik 21 Feb 2008 21:10:01 11,820 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, I haven't. Brother doesn't count right?
  • Master_Miller 21 Feb 2008 21:12:39 1,642 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    No, I haven't. Brother doesn't count right?

We'd all be psychotics if it did :)
  • Deleted user 21 February 2008 21:14:02
    EVERYONE LOOK AT ECOSSE
  • AssassiN Owner/Editor, Computers N Stuff 21 Feb 2008 21:15:14 161 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No i haven't. But after today i could do with a real fight. Who is gonna step up to the plate?
  • speedofthepuma 21 Feb 2008 21:15:34 13,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pho-Zoon wrote:
    EVERYONE LOOK AT ECOSSE

What a pithy comment. And profound.

• Deleted user 21 February 2008 21:16:20
    /readies fisticuffs
  • speedofthepuma 21 Feb 2008 21:17:21 13,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /hides

• Khanivor 21 Feb 2008 21:21:10 41,106 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Only been in one fight since school, and it wasn't much of one. Kicking out time, helped myself to a piece of pizza from some bam which seemed to anger him and his friend to the point of immediately swinging punches. Luckily for me my friend wasn't about to let them pound me face to dust so he took them both on. One ended up in hospital with a busted jaw for his poor diplomacy skills.

Paid half my friend's 400 quid fine for assault and got a lesson in being a foolish prick when severely intoxicated.
  • askew 21 Feb 2008 21:23:57 12,566 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't talk about fight club.

Oh wait...
  • Deleted user 21 February 2008 21:26:47
    Had a few fghts at school but only really hit out in anger twice.

The last fight I almost got into was probably about 10 years ago when some yobbish oaf thought I was "dissing" him, and asked if I wanted a broken nose, to which he got the reply "No I have had one thank you and didn't like it".

He looked confused I walked off.
  • _Price_ 21 Feb 2008 21:32:29 3,072 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When it gets to the point where you're actually capable of seriously hurting people (13, 14?), fighting suddenly becomes a really, really dumb idea.

As a kid you get into the odd scrap which usually ends in either:

1) A 'headlock'.
    2) An adult stepping in.
    3) A kick in the nuts.
    4) ????
    5) Profit

The last time I even came close to being in a fight was when I hit someone in the head with a snowball (you see, we were having a snowball fight at the time....) and he charged at me. A few seconds later I'd tripped him into the snow and he'd cooled down (I apologise unreservedly) enough to realise what he was doing.

Clearly it helps being able to stop a fight before it begins, but just the knowledge of what an adult in capable of doing to another with a single punch should be enough to disuade most people from 'starting'.
  • Stickman 21 Feb 2008 21:52:52 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    Stickman wrote:
    Arsenal1914 wrote:

Really? You didn't fight even as kid? I must have been in a million fights back then. Much fewer as a teenager, though, and none as an adult, though I was close a few times.

He said a proper fight. Fighting as a kid or school age doesn't count.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Deleted user 21 February 2008 22:00:16
    Most of my mates have always turned out to be jelly spined at the vital point.

Watch'em run.

Its harder to get inti fights if all your mates run off or beg for mercy at the first sign of trouble.

It does make it easier to get mercilessly beaten though.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous