XNA Indie Games Page 72

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• Mr-Brett 2 Apr 2012 10:05:14 12,676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, pretty solid game. I'd have done a couple of things slightly differently but my only complaint is that the powers overwrite your current one, which is really my fault for not using them but I like to use these things at the right time rather than when a new one turns up.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Deleted user 10 April 2012 14:22:13
    Really enjoying Infinity Danger – just sessions of 15 minutes or so high score chasing between meatier games.
    It’s a very limited scope but whats there is implemented exceptionally well – it has a really solid feel to the gameplay.

On the other hand not having online leaderboards really hurt other game I tried – Decimation X3.
    I liked the demo but why no leaderboards? It put me off buying the full game.
  • MrV333 10 Apr 2012 15:11:46 108 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Alipan Infinity Danger is ace, I'm in the top 500 now but am aiming for top 50. Loved Warning Forever on PC (freeware from download.com) and Infinity is essentially the same game although I'm unsure if the enemy ships evolve in the same way... Regardless, its well worth 80msp of any shooter fan's money...

Edited by MrV333 at 15:12:41 10-04-2012
  • Deleted user 10 April 2012 15:15:06
    @MrV333 I think Im ranked about 700 - I always fail at about stage 13 but Im sure I can improve on that.

Im trying to encourage the boss to level up anything other than turrets - I think that will be key to getting a really high score.
  • MrV333 10 Apr 2012 18:51:19 108 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Alipan I Got to the mid 200s!, stage 15.. Like you said, I can feel there's room for improvement too.

It's the lasers I hate....
  • toythatkills 23 Apr 2012 12:32:31 158 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Excited? Yes I am!
  • pauleyc 2 May 2012 15:43:29 4,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's promising: Manic Miner coming to XBLIG.

Speaking of retro: where's LaserCat 2?
  • the_dudefather 2 May 2012 15:59:39 8,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pauleyc wrote:
    Speaking of retro: where's LaserCat 2?
    I need to get made redundant again, the bulk of LaserCat 1's work was done while I was unemployed :p

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• pauleyc 2 May 2012 17:02:26 4,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No rush then. :-)
  • monkehhh 2 May 2012 19:23:17 3,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone got incriminating photos of the_dudefather?
  • richardiox 13 May 2012 12:20:42 5,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    toythatkills wrote:

Excited? Yes I am!
    Applejack is an amazing game and my girlfriend is currently totally addicted to it- just got to World 3. Uber bargain for 80MSP.
  • evild_edd 16 May 2012 16:59:52 2,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really need to check out the original Applejack, I know it's one of the most well regarded XBLIGs around and I keep meaning to get round to it. The above trailer for the sequel looks sweet - like a cute Super Meat Boy :0)

Just in case this has passed anyone by, Radiangames have put their entire XBLIG selection on sale for the next 90 days (at least) all for the bargainous price of 80msp. That includes:

JoyJoy
    Crossfire
    Inferno
    Fluid
    Fireball
    Crossfire 2
    Ballistic

Again, I've been looking at trying some of these for a while. Any recommendations? Is it worth starting with Crossfire 1 or should I just go straight for the sequel? Flow looks good....they all do in fact :0)

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• lucky_jim 16 May 2012 17:21:29 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Go straight for Crossfire 2, they're similar enough that you don't need both. As for the rest, I'd honestly suggest getting them all. At least give the demos a go, I suspect you'll end up buying them all if you do.
  • BinaryBob101 16 May 2012 17:24:38 21,966 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, all their shooters are worth getting, their production quality is fantastic for a small indie. I hope they get a shot at doing something a bit more substantial for xbla.

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• lucky_jim 16 May 2012 17:26:57 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think "they've" (it's pretty much "he's" iirc) moved over to iOS now, like a lot of XBLA devs. I don't mind too much, I've got the hardware, but I liked playing indie stuff on my 360. Microsoft did a really good job of buggering up what should have been a huge success story of this generation.
  • evild_edd 16 May 2012 17:53:33 2,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @lucky_jim: unfortunately you're right.

The indi games could've been great but was just unsupported. XBLA has been terrific throughout, however, so I can just about forgive MS.

Radiangames are now iOS. Mostly just been porting the XBLIG titles across (Super Crossfire etc). All the iOS stuff is on sale as well BTW, so if you're looking to pick up another copy of these to play on the go nw might be the time.

I'll check out all the games (exc. the original Crossfire). For 80msp I may as well just buy the lot of them TBH. I do like my shmups and I can keep them on the harddrive for a rainy day...

Why look, it's a blog:

• Deleted user 16 May 2012 22:51:15
    So I just downloaded Fireball and Ballistic but the online leaderboards dont seem to be working on either of them. Anyone else have the same problem?
  • kentmonkey 16 May 2012 23:55:15 20,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you have a XBOX Live Gold membership? If not they won't, as all XBLIG need to have a Gold membership to enable online leaderboards.

If you have, I have absolutely no idea and you've just wasted seven seconds of your life reading the above. I'm sorry.
  • lucky_jim 17 May 2012 06:53:51 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Alipan

As there aren't servers, the leaderboards on indie titles are updated peer-to-peer (for example, my mate Ben thought I was awesome at Little Racers Street when I convinced him to play it, but that's just because I was temporarily top of all his leaderboards while they updated, as I was the first person he played against). That means when you first start a game, the leaderboards are bare, but they fill out.

I've probably got something really important really wrong there, but that's my understanding of it anyway.
  • Deleted user 17 May 2012 08:33:33
    Thanks both. I am a gold member – I think what lucky Jim says seems right.
    One other person has since appeared on the leaderboard for Fireball – he is first in the world and I am second!

Anyhow very pleased to pick these up for 80 msp. It was only a couple of pages ago on this thread that I was saying I didn’t want to pay 400 for them.

I decided that Ballistic and Fireball were the pick of the bunch but will probably pick up a couple more over the weekend. For some reason Crossfire doesn’t really float my boat though – maybe I need to give it another go.
  • lucky_jim 17 May 2012 09:12:07 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Which is the one that plays a bit like a futuristic neon Gauntlet? I think it's Inferno, but I could be wrong. Whichever it is, it's definitely a must-have. Crossfire didn't grab me at first either, but it does "click" after a bit of play.
  • Deleted user 17 May 2012 09:34:00
    Yes I think that’s Inferno – Ill probably get that.

The other ones were Joy Joy which seemed quite similar to Ballistic and I decided that one twin stick shooter is enough.

I quite liked Fluid also which is the ‘pac-man’ one so might pick that up as well!
  • toythatkills 17 May 2012 10:50:17 158 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Fluid is my favourite just because it feels like the most different one. Then Fireball after that.
  • evild_edd 17 May 2012 10:50:56 2,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just to say that I followed advice and just bought the lot (excluding the original Crossfire). Will hopefully get round to playing them sometime soon :0)

Why look, it's a blog:

• lucky_jim 17 May 2012 21:58:04 5,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yay, there's a sequel to Miasma! The last one was a quality bit of sci-fi turn based strategy, so I'm hoping for more of the same. I'm sure the last one was more than 80msp, I guess they've joined the race to the bottom on pricing. I was more than happy to pay 240 or 400 or whatever it was when the first one came out, but it's a tough sell for a lot of people. The first game is one of the highlights of XBLIG for me.
  • ExcellentBenji 17 May 2012 22:32:49 81 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quick question - last time I checked, to play Indie Games your 360 needed to be connected to the internet. Does anyone have any idea if there's going to be some kind of fix, so that when Microsoft eventually cease 360 Live support, we can still play the Indie Games we've downloaded?

I'd like to put more money down on Indie Games (some of my favourite games of this gen), but I'm not honestly sure when I'll get around to them, and I'm worried that I'm on a time limit before 360 Live support is withdrawn.

Thanks! :-)
  • toythatkills 17 May 2012 23:57:19 158 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    Yay, there's a sequel to Miasma! The last one was a quality bit of sci-fi turn based strategy, so I'm hoping for more of the same. I'm sure the last one was more than 80msp, I guess they've joined the race to the bottom on pricing. I was more than happy to pay 240 or 400 or whatever it was when the first one came out, but it's a tough sell for a lot of people. The first game is one of the highlights of XBLIG for me.
    Yeah, it was 400pts and they reduced it to 80pts when the file size limits changed.

To the above, yeah, you still need internet access and they haven't announced any plans to change that. What happens when LIVE dies is anyone's guess but I think you've got quite some years before you have to worry about that.
  • brseg 18 May 2012 11:00:12 679 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ExcellentBenji - you still need to be connected (Silver is enough). I dont like this either, partly because I often move my console to a room where its offline so I cant even play the games :(

I always assumed this requirement was because xblig games are community-vetted (for inappropriate content, crashes etc), and they need to be able to pull them off the store (?). Even then, it seems ott. I expect they could disable that requirement at a later date, so people wouldnt lose their games.
  • ExcellentBenji 18 May 2012 16:55:10 81 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm new to this thread but bought Infinity Danger, Little Racers STREET, Moto GP 2, Lazercat and a few others after reading other's recommendations. They're all really great, so THANKS! :-)
  • evild_edd 14 Jun 2012 12:36:53 2,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Applejack 2 is now up on Marketplace apparently:

Click here (80msp)

Why look, it's a blog:

• Page

of 76 First / Last