most embarrassing thing you have ever done at work Page 5

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Razz 19 Jun 2009 13:22:08 60,010 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aw man... I jsut had my most embarrasing moment todqay at my current job. I was asked to cover reception, never done it before but I was happy to cover for 30 minutes. I get bored and start playing with these little black plastic boxes in a charger by the switchboard. "Oh, cool looking walkie talkies" I mistakenly think... A button on it says "ARM", I wonder what that does... ;_; *click*

A red light begins to flash... A high pitched very loud whine begins...

Ear piercing alarms resound around the entire building. Managers from all departments come running out, the phone rings "This is Wimbledon Police station, a personel attack alarm has been activated do you require assistence?" or somesuch. Me, ;_;.

All my work collegues were (still are) in fits of laughter, the managers were /not/ and asked me not to cover reception again. \o/ So some good did come of it...

Fucks sake...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• markh 19 Jun 2009 13:22:11 3,598 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    At the time I was the only male who worked in our department.

Also, when she spoke to me about it, we fucked in the stationary cabinet and I spunked all in her mouth and shit. (lie)

You can't just stop mid sentance and leave us hanging on? Where did you shit? In her mouth too? Please say it was the mouth..
  • catterz 19 Jun 2009 13:24:41 8,763 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Aw man... I jsut had my most embarrasing moment todqay at my current job. I was asked to cover reception, never done it before but I was happy to cover for 30 minutes. I get bored and start playing with these little black plastic boxes in a charger by the switchboard. "Oh, cool looking walkie talkies" I mistakenly think... A button on it says "ARM", I wonder what that does... ;_; *click*

Ear piercing alarms resound around the entire building. Managers from all departments come running out, the phone rings "This is Wimbledon Police station, a personel attack alarm has been activated do you require assistence?" or somesuch. Me, ;_;.

All my work collegues were (still are) in fits of laughter, the managers were /not/ and asked me not to cover reception again. \o/ So some good did come of it...

Fucks sake...
    Would've been better if it involved broom handles.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Stickman 19 Jun 2009 13:31:49 29,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was her mouth.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• markh 19 Jun 2009 13:34:01 3,598 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/ that showed her!
  • andywilkie35 19 Jun 2009 13:38:05 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hahaha Razz that's brilliant!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Flightrisker 19 Jun 2009 13:42:47 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sent an email to the site where at the end I wrote "Sorry for the inconvenience".

But I misspelled "inconvenience" and spell check kindly changed it to "incontinence".
  • malteaserhead 19 Jun 2009 13:47:12 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Calling the boss 'Ma' during a meeting with gov depts (brings back memories of school-day follies that one).

Trying to sort out an out of office reply for a colleague (ages ago) and instead sending out thousands of messages to everyone that had ever emailed me that I was a good girl and deserved a holiday and they didn't.
  • kinky_mong 19 Jun 2009 13:47:29 9,607 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    I sent an email to the site where at the end I wrote "Sorry for the inconvenience".

But I misspelled "inconvenience" and spell check kindly changed it to "incontinence".

My manager at my last job did the exact same thing in an email to a customer.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• DaM 19 Jun 2009 13:53:00 12,612 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    At the time I was the only male who worked in our department.

Could you not have said it fell out of someone's handbag? Or was it still warm and steaming?
  • consignia 19 Jun 2009 13:59:42 1,433 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman's anecdote has left me in absolute tears. It's lucky everyone is out to lunch at the moment. I'd shake his hand, but you know, it's in work hours.
  • Youthist 19 Jun 2009 14:24:20 9,902 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    % of made up stories in this thread : estimate: 65%

and rising.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Stickman 19 Jun 2009 14:28:27 29,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist, just because your life is mundane and bereft of anything approaching amusing incident, doesn't mean that everyone else's is too. It's not like anyone's saying they crashed a secret government project near Roswell or anything.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Sub-kamikaze 19 Jun 2009 14:34:13 2,417 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This really funny thing happened to me at work the other day. I was on my way into the office (the retina scan at the front entrance was on the blink... again), and I met Barney the guard and he told me...
  • Oh-Bollox 19 Jun 2009 14:35:26 5,094 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did he confront you with a used condom?
  • Deleted user 19 June 2009 14:36:12
    I heard people whispering I had cumstains on my shirt, when I checked it was toothpaste but i never bothered to correct them.
  • Sub-kamikaze 19 Jun 2009 14:36:50 2,417 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah. There was a hole in my HEV suit!

EPIC FAIL!

/o\
  • Dougs 25 Jun 2009 11:26:23 64,912 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not necessarily embarrassing, but could be damaging to my career. I forgot to save an important piece of work that was done for us. Now my email system has deleted it (anything over a year old is binned). Whoops. Here's why I plead ignorance should it be needed.
  • BanjoMan 25 Jun 2009 11:44:30 13,730 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A few years back I was playing email tennis with a friend, sending each other musician jokes. I accidentally emailed some jokes about bass players to the company directors/general big cheeses email list.

Tried to recall it but it was mostly too late.

PSN: BanjoFett
    XBL: Banjo Fett

• Dougs 25 Jun 2009 11:56:43 64,912 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hurrah! Contractors to the rescue, they still had a copy! Bacon saved at the last minute. Better get filing 6k mails

In terms of embarrassing moments, as I've said before, I sent a ranty email to my mates about my boss, calling him a cunt. To my boss. That was an uncomfortable night. Managed to get in work early and as he logged on, told him I'd sent a personal email to him by mistake and could I delete it. He fell for it.
  • Psychotext 25 Jun 2009 11:59:46 52,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    "Oh, cool looking walkie talkies" I mistakenly think... A button on it says "ARM", I wonder what that does... ;_; *click*
    You never, ever press a button on a bit of electronics that says "ARM".

/distant explosion
    /horrified screams
  • rutter 25 Jun 2009 12:03:00 1,919 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yonks ago when I first started work, we were using an archaic Vax based email system. With this you just had a list of mail, hit 'r' to reply and typed your reply. Unfortunately you didn't get to see the content of the email you were replying to.

It was a Friday afternoon and I'd been emailing my bro. I replied with something along the lines of 'I'm just gonna doss around and do fuck all for the next 4 hours until I can get out of this shithole'. Hit the command to send.

2 minutes later I had a reply from my boss saying 'I think you sent this to the wrong person - enjoy your weekend!'. Doh! She was really good about it, bless her.

More recently, on Tuesday, I split my gym shorts whilst doing squats in Boxercise at the gym at lunchtime! Fortunately I had mesh liner and pants so just carried on regardless!
  • warlockuk 25 Jun 2009 12:43:04 19,102 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    "Oh, cool looking walkie talkies" I mistakenly think... A button on it says "ARM", I wonder what that does... ;_; *click*
    You never, ever press a button on a bit of electronics that says "ARM".

/distant explosion
    /horrified screams
    That's what I thought... the hell? :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• S.J.Rogers 25 Jun 2009 15:25:24 3,557 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:

Fucks sake...

Dont worrie Razz...

I did the exact same thing about 7 years ago whaen i was worling for Lloyds TSB as a Branch Manager.

The worst bit was that a Police Fast Responce Unit turned up 3 mins later and came storming into the branch. /o\

That was a VERY bad day...
  • SG 25 Jun 2009 16:31:00 1,872 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got spotted by a fellow member of staff playing with my boss's tits. It was needless to say incredibly fucking embarrassing.
  • askew 25 Jun 2009 16:44:02 11,462 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice...
  • otto Moderator 25 Jun 2009 16:45:16 49,291 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Question is, did your boss notice you playing with her tits?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• SG 25 Jun 2009 16:54:29 1,872 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah she initiated it. I got head off her locked in the toilets quite a few times too. And sex in them once. Good times.

Although it turns out that people had actually heard us on several occasions...

Oops. The tits was on a flight of stairs next to a door stupidly enough, but she was older and kinda leading me so I just went along with it.
  • S.J.Rogers 25 Jun 2009 17:03:31 3,557 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice... ;-)
  • Page

of 10 First / Last