Being Human Page 3

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• billythekid 23 Feb 2009 15:32:08 11,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, one more to go. I do hope there's another series.
  • billythekid 23 Feb 2009 15:34:45 11,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RhythmDancer wrote:
    Annie (ghost), played by Lenora Crichlow, also played SUGAR in SUGAR RUSH.

Andrea Louise Riseborough played the Yorkshire Ghost in the original pilot, God she was awesome.

I'm glad they decided to change Annie. Lenora (although sounds like a fabric softener) is pretty pretty hot.
  • Triggerhappytel 26 Feb 2009 00:55:53 2,667 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, I'm glad there is a topic about this. Been watching it every week and am really enjoying it - I feel it has just the right balance of horror, drama and light-hearted one liners.

Regarding some of the early comments about vampires walking around in sunlight, I think it's just intended to be a more plausible take on them - more of a virus than some supernatural affliction. Hence why Mitchell wants to but doesn't have to feed.

Anyway, I am liking the more subdued take on the genre - are there really any equivalents, save Buffy/Angel?! It was a pretty shocking finale to this week's; the next and final episode might be a bit more action-packed from the look of the closing peek.

Good stuff, probably my favourite British TV show since Life On Mars.
  • billythekid 2 Mar 2009 09:44:30 11,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ooh, good final episode last night.
    Looks like, theres going to be another series then, yay \o/

• figgis 2 Mar 2009 09:50:48 7,383 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have enjoyed this quite a bit, definite room for improvement though.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 2 Mar 2009 09:57:32 10,852 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After the build-up to the finale, I felt a bit let down by it. To be honest, I was only half-watching it whilst doing some work so will have to re-watch it at some point this week.

Overall though, I've really enjoyed this series. More of this type of thing :o)
  • Seto 2 Mar 2009 10:07:05 671 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    makes me want to play Top Trumps

/strength - 95
  • figgis 2 Mar 2009 10:09:27 7,383 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seto wrote:
    makes me want to play Top Trumps

/strength - 95

Heh I remembered my old horror Top Trumps after watching last nights episode.

Fear Factor - 97
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Mar 2009 21:26:08 2,667 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed this show - brilliant final episode and to be honest I didn't think there was a dud episode. Also quite a cliffhanger at the end - they obviously would like to make another series, but I hope the Beeb commissions it.

Perhaps next series they can give it a better slot on BBC1/2?
  • Deleted user 7 March 2009 11:14:41
    Just finished watching this last night. I think it's been an excellent show with excellent writing (think a British Josh Whedon) and the cast are equally fantastic.

A new season has been commissioned by the Beeb. I hope it stays on BBC 3 and retains its indie routes and not become a more adult Dr Who/Torchwood. Please God, no!
  • Madder-Max 7 Mar 2009 11:24:45 11,618 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the last episode was bollocks tbh. it was good up until the last 2 episodes.

WTF was all that wishy washy crap with the werewolf and the vampire about. bit easy to kill him wasn't it? It was reminiscent of the wishy washy crap of Matrix revolutions.

They played safe with this and its a shame. A vampire has to feed. there is no getting past the cravings. cop out.

Oh and can anyone explain the lack of activity in the hospital? they have a guy with no heartbeat, who heals fast and has blood on his mouth next to a woman who just happens to die when they are there......and they let him go! Is this the comedy aspect? tosspot writers. The only reaction was "the hospital were glad to get rid of me!"

I could have and will be writing better than this shite. I can see a second series blowing up in the beebs faces.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Jmek 7 Mar 2009 11:34:29 1,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Caught some of this the other night and thought it was pants to be honest. The werewolf transformation was OK although the final result was not. Why the hell does every British Sci-Fi/fantasy/horror have to be a influenced by Buffy? British drama is so out of step, we used to lead the world in good TV and now were abut a decade behind. Not only that the blueprint they're using was a load of rubbish to begin with IMHO.

How's about some intelligently written, scary, horrific, serious drama just for a change.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2009 11:53:45
    Jmek wrote:
    Caught some of this the other night and thought it was pants to be honest. The werewolf transformation was OK although the final result was not. Why the hell does every British Sci-Fi/fantasy/horror have to be a influenced by Buffy? British drama is so out of step, we used to lead the world in good TV and now were abut a decade behind. Not only that the blueprint they're using was a load of rubbish to begin with IMHO.

How's about some intelligently written, scary, horrific, serious drama just for a change.

British Drama is a pale shadow of US Drama. Look at Life On Mars, held up as a shining example of tele-visual excellence - cliche ridden nonsense written for brain dead chimps, it's only redeeming feature are the good actors.

I'm all for British Drama copying US. As far as I'm concerned Being Human (insofar very Buffy-esque) is a step in right direction.
  • DavetheDave 13 Mar 2009 00:54:28 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I never saw the pilot and the first episode didn't grab me but I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. Once I realised it wasn't trying to be a comedy but a drama with the odd laugh, I liked it a whole lot more.

Although, does anyone else think it was a bit weird that in the whole six episodes there's a undertaker's stuffed to the rafters with vampires, yet we only see one other ghost and one other werewolf?

Also the final fight was a bit pissy. Supposedly head vampire copper who runs an undertaker's (and looks like an accountant) could have beaten Mitchell without breaking a sweat, yet can't beat George because he's got a symbol of faith on, which conveniently doesn't effect Mitch.

DtD
  • mal 25 Dec 2009 19:53:54 22,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wish they'd just tell us when. I'm fed up of these 'coming soon' trailers.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Ged42 25 Dec 2009 20:16:59 7,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd completely forgotten that there was a new series on the way, excellent :)
  • Whizzo 25 Dec 2009 21:26:27 43,033 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mal wrote:
    I wish they'd just tell us when. I'm fed up of these 'coming soon' trailers.
    January 10th. :-)

This space left intentionally blank.

• mal 25 Dec 2009 23:04:25 22,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers, Whizzo!

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Ged42 7 Jan 2010 19:22:51 7,700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Being Human: Series 2 will start on Sunday 10th Jan at 9:30pm on BBC3

Just to make sure everyone who wants to know, knows