Being Human Page 16

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• lucky_jim 4 Feb 2013 04:50:48 5,260 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:

It's essentially become the Sugababes of TV shows.
    I know exactly what you mean: I thought the same thing happened to Misfits.
  • Scimarad 4 Feb 2013 10:02:13 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really liked it, personally. I was utterly sick of the originals by the end and I like these new characters a lot more. Not sure about the whole devil thing, though.

Feel the total opposite about misfits, with the exception of Rudy. I did watch the last series but I steadily lost interest as it went on.
  • varsas 4 Feb 2013 11:58:16 2,401 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    I really liked it, personally. I was utterly sick of the originals by the end and I like these new characters a lot more. Not sure about the whole devil thing, though.

Feel the total opposite about misfits, with the exception of Rudy. I did watch the last series but I steadily lost interest as it went on.
    I agree completely. In fact I think I much prefer this new Trinity to the old one; I always found Annie really annoying and to some extent Mitchell: I preferred the original versions of those characters from the pilot.

I don't like the new characters in Misfits at all having finished the season.
  • Scimarad 4 Feb 2013 12:09:58 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm probably committing some form of blasphemy by saying this but it was George who wound me up the most, though I don't remember him pissing me off when I started watching it.

Buy, yeah. Like the new people more.
  • Triggerhappytel 4 Feb 2013 12:18:04 2,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I missed the first 20 minutes of this so decided to catch up at a later point. Hopefully tonight. I don't mind the cast changing rally as none of them were really much good in series 3 anyway.
  • HoriZon 7 Feb 2013 19:04:41 13,498 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Beeb have axed the show so this season will be its last.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• kentmonkey 7 Feb 2013 19:26:14 20,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Somebody needed to end it really. It's not the type of thing that can just keep running and running and I'm surprised that it took the Beeb to axe it, rather than the writers realising it had run it's course.

Hopefully they've given it a proper ending, or enough time to write an ending that gives it justice, but I guess by now it would already have been filmed, wouldn't it?
  • M83J01P97 11 Feb 2013 18:46:47 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So they finally showed the 'Men with Sticks and Rope' into the show... and subsequently turned what's always been a very ominous, unseen aspect of the show into a cheesy b-movie horror mess.
  • kentmonkey 11 Feb 2013 21:51:29 20,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was the Eco Warrior out of Coronation Street that lived with Emily as well who was the lead guy carrying a stick and a small bit of rope. It was fucking shit.
  • Madder-Max 11 Feb 2013 23:12:07 11,622 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thought it was pretty shit to be honest. Too farcical

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Waffleaber 14 Feb 2013 13:25:56 377 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't expect them to literally be men with sticks and rope, albeit with slightly demonic faces, so it felt a bit on the nose.

I also never considered them to be particularly evil, dragging people off to hell etc, just trying to restore balance by force.

The whole devil bit seems a bit forced too like they've been trapped into going down the Buffy route of ever more powerful big bads and couldn't think of anything more interesting for the final series.

On the plus side I do prefer the new characters and wish they had more than one season together.
  • Scimarad 14 Feb 2013 14:34:42 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am enjoying this series but I agree that using a literal devil and a hell seems a bit too conventional considering what we've seen so far. I quite liked the fact that there was an afterlife but it was some totally fucked bureaucratic nightmare where nobody knew what the hell they were doing. Maybe that IS hell but I think you lose something by calling it that.

I prefer a teeny bit of explanation and a whole lot of viewer imagination TBH. Still, I don't think it's shit like others in this thread.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 14:37:19 58,907 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like it. Its really dark, darker than I remember it being outside the first few series of the characters sitting around complaining about how terrible their lives are.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Scimarad 14 Feb 2013 14:54:56 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think if you are going to have the actual Devil in it, it does help if he's a foul, evil old perv who looks like he's having a great time:)
  • M83J01P97 17 Feb 2013 11:52:55 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I like it. Its really dark, darker than I remember it being outside the first few series of the characters sitting around complaining about how terrible their lives are.
    Series 2 was incredibly dark and had a excellent story arc to boot.
  • Madder-Max 21 Feb 2013 15:27:39 11,622 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The third episode is superb and is the anchor point for the series in which ther characters become established and are fleshed out. This is becomning quite special and is a definate sign of improvement.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Triggerhappytel 10 Mar 2013 20:33:10 2,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It appears the final episode is tonight. I have enjoyed the series, but it has felt a bit undercooked. I like the new cast, it's a shame they weren't given more time together. It feels like the lore established about the vampires never really amounted to anything - I mean, Hal doesn't seem any more powerful or threatening than Mitchell was and I still find it hard to believe that all these important people and groups would intersect in Barry, of all places.
  • King_Edward 10 Mar 2013 23:00:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That was bollocks.
  • Triggerhappytel 10 Mar 2013 23:33:26 2,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite liked it. It was either a nice clean resolution, or death for everyone. I still feel like the partnership between them was under-explored. Hal being an Old One didn't really mean shit at the end of the day.

Anyway, farewell. Series 1 was brilliant, 2 very good, 3 was a bit crap, and I'd say 4 and 5 were both slightly better than 3. That other trailer for the replacement programme at the end looked interesting though. Can't recall its name, but a similar supernatural drama.
  • JayG 10 Mar 2013 23:45:48 833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Strangest thing about that new Zombie series was seeing Jim Royle sitting on a sofa, expected him to say Zombies me arse.
  • Ged42 11 Mar 2013 00:22:11 7,704 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was hoping for something a bit more epic from the ending, though I doubt there was the budget for it. Still I enjoyed it, sometimes it's nice for the characters to get a happy ending for once.

or do they...?

/twilight zone music

In the Flesh looks like it might be worth a watch, I just hope it's got some brains.
  • Scimarad 11 Mar 2013 07:29:56 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I thought that was transparently NOT a happy ending. I was slightly concerned that they'd beaten the Devil in a really weird inexplicable way but that final bit...

I really enjoyed this final series. Not sure about the whole devil plot but I'm really going to miss the characters.
  • M83J01P97 12 Mar 2013 10:22:12 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was a really underwhelming finale to be honest and the whole episode was basically Being Human does Inception, especially that "was it a dream...?" ending.

Such a shame that the series ended on another lame duck of a series.
  • Scimarad 12 Mar 2013 11:07:52 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it had already gone seriously down hill last season (or was it the one before? I forget TBH) and this one was a big improvement. I didn't really like the demystifying of certain elements but it was very enjoyable in every other regard.

I'm struggling to think how they could have ended it better, really. As I mentioned in another thread, when you have a supposedly unstoppable bad guy it's always preferable to have them win (cleverly, in this case) rather than pull some deus ex machina plot device to ensure the good guys victory.

*cough*Crucible*cough*
  • localnotail 12 Mar 2013 19:30:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They are putting up the additional scene at 8pm on their Facebook page, will bring link if I am around, otherwise -> https://www.facebook.com/BBC.Being.Human

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• localnotail 12 Mar 2013 20:08:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh wait, it's an additional scene with Rook - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/beinghuman/posts/Additional-Scene-Rooks-Revenge , not the "possibly explaining if the ending was real" scene that will be on the DVD.

• M83J01P97 12 Mar 2013 20:14:57 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So they want you to buy the DVD in order to make better sense of the ending to the series...?

Slightly dickish move that surely.
  • Scimarad 12 Mar 2013 21:09:30 8,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would you need to make better sense of the ending, though? It was pretty obvious wasn't it?
  • King_Edward 12 Mar 2013 21:18:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If anything they layed it on too thick.
  • localnotail 12 Mar 2013 21:20:04 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is a bit in the farewell blog that mentions it:

But it doesn't quite end there. On the DVD there will be an extra scene - one that takes place, in my mind, a week or so after the end of Episode 6. It answers the question I'm sure you're all asking yourselves now - what's happened to them? Did they save the world? And at the same time it allows scope for further stories, a future life for the show and the characters.

I should point out that this wasn't intended as a way of boosting DVD sales! We always planned to shoot an extra scene for the DVD and when it came to deciding what that scene should be, we thought it would be a good opportunity to give a little closure. Even if 'closure' means the turning of another page.
    Some kind of back door then.

Edited by localnotail at 21:30:29 12-03-2013

• Page

of 17 First / Last